Cornwall Football Forum

New manager appointed

Christ, this is more exciting than when Fabio was named as England Manager. The good old Sky Sports ticker!!

I've no idea what to beleive, Winno I beleive has thrown his hat into a fair few Management positions, also been linked with coming back to Aggie to play in goal.

If Mr Etherington is involved at St Day, with a bit of cash to play with, then I'll go along the lines that Winno will be at St Day, with a few familiar faces in tow as well.

i can put u out your misery boys si has been given the job thats confirmed. i know because myself and steve roscoe attended a good but seemingly pointless meeting. They were not interested in paying players but were keen to know if myself or roscoe could provide any sponsorship. And i thought they wanted a manager. Anyway mark etherington was at the meeting and i like mark immensly but when the question was put to him about winno and whether the job had already been filled, i thought albert tatlock had risen from the grave except alberts nose was only red and mark looked surprisingly blooming. Nevertheless that aside good luck to winno and St Day for the forthcoming season. :D Money & football :SM_carton:

Guest WINNO

I have taken over as 1st team manager at St Day from the end of the current season. Perran Cooke remains incharge for the remainder of the games I will still be playing in goal for Helston until then. Been a big decision for me to take the job on but after a meeting with the committee I saw just how committed they are to take the club forward.Lets clear 2 things. I never had the job before anyone else it was all done properly and fairly as far as Im aware also there is no money at St Day to pay players. 'THE RIGHT WAY'. Mark Etherington supports the club and works really hard as do all the committee members at the club and you dont get where he has in business by wasting money on paying players at this level of sport. We will be working hard to take the club forward together from chairman and committee down to myself. This is a long term plan and any doubters of commitment please judge me not now but in a couple of seasons time. Still enjoying my last few games at Helston and looking forward to finishing my playing career in the Charity game on the 24th.........

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM could start a big debate with u si but cant be assed as previously said good luck to u.Hope u stay longer than wendron newquay and helston. And i agree u should be judged on time ur spot on but rest assured if u bail within a short amount of time i might just have a say. :D

as a ex st day player who played for the club with steve roscoe and roger sowden i have to say im disappointed neither of them didnt get the job . would have been nice to have one of your own back in charge . but im not on the commitee and the decision is made so good luck to the club and the new manager

Guest WINNO

Really looking forward to the challenge and I predict good times for St Day Football club in years to come. They have great motivation and forward vision. I am no way the messiah of St Day and its goin to be hard I know that.

Please let me say once again there is no money to pay players this topic really gets on my nerves just because Mark Etherington and myself run successful businesses doesnt mean we are going to pay players. I belive in looking after my players and those that commit to me and to the club will have the best of everything. I guarantee that lets see what happens hey

Guest Sam Boston

best of luck bud, you'll do a fine job :D

sam if perran get promoted how will you see winno next year, or am i just treading in to something thats not their :thumbsup: x

reading not treading!!!!!! doh!

Oh yeah - I hadn't thought of that!!!! Sorry Winno - won't see you next season unless it's on the youth circuit but good luck at St Day anyway! And while you're on the subject Scoffy Perran secured the League and promotion this evening with a home win over Penzance :yahoo:

Well Well...Least Winno Wont Need That Sat Nav!

No he knew where illogan club was when he shook hands two weeks ago for the assistant managers job. ooops u did mean that didnt u. Think the illogan boys are feeling the after effects of a dodgy bit of quiche and a few sarnies, which si bought with him. surely theoretically this must count as club no 6 for the season thats unbelievable. :lol: Dont worry Si im sure illogan will recover and bring in a certain legend (he wont thank me for that) Luv u Steve :smiley20:

Guest WINNO

Marksy whatever happened at Illogan is between Mark Fenton and myself. Nothing to do with you or anybody else at all. After the season Ive had I have had to think long and hard about what I do. Illogan is a very good club with a great set up and a good bloke at the helm and some very good players. The opportunity at St Day after a lot of thought was the best option for myself by a mile. All your doing coming on here and trying to stir things up is going to achieve nothing at all. Apart from making yourself seem really bitter my friend.No wonder Cadds bombed you out of Holmans.... Roscoe is a good bloke and will do well wherever he goes.If he goes back and works with Mark that would be great for Illogan. We all had the opportunity to speak to the committee at the club and I must have sold myself better than you bud. You dont see Roger Sowden or Roscoe on here stirring do you. Not getting into public debate on hear whats done is done Iam the new manager at St Day from the end of the season and Im really looking forward to the challenge.I would appreciate it if you let me get on with it. Ive had a few clubs in my career Dave and most of them have all done well lets hope the trend continues. Don't think it's fair to be judged on 1 bad season on which I have openly admitted to making some mistakes.

Thankyou to the rest of you on here with a few good wishes it is appreciated.

Its combo football and should be fun lets remember that hey!!!!!!!

:drink::o:thumbsup::c: :P

Well i wish you good luck but you can have runners up spot if you want? as we have been the bridesmaids last and maybe this!! And St Day ground is only 2 miles from my front door! but will keep going down to Perran . Good luck though but like i said not too much!! :c:

Marksy whatever happened at Illogan is between Mark Fenton and myself. Nothing to do with you or anybody else at all. After the season Ive had I have had to think long and hard about what I do. Illogan is a very good club with a great set up and a good bloke at the helm and some very good players. The opportunity at St Day after a lot of thought was the best option for myself by a mile. All your doing coming on here and trying to stir things up is going to achieve nothing at all. Apart from making yourself seem really bitter my friend.No wonder Cadds bombed you out of Holmans.... Roscoe is a good bloke and will do well wherever he goes.If he goes back and works with Mark that would be great for Illogan. We all had the opportunity to speak to the committee at the club and I must have sold myself better than you bud. You dont see Roger Sowden or Roscoe on here stirring do you. Not getting into public debate on hear whats done is done Iam the new manager at St Day from the end of the season and Im really looking forward to the challenge.I would appreciate it if you let me get on with it. Ive had a few clubs in my career Dave and most of them have all done well lets hope the trend continues. Don't think it's fair to be judged on 1 bad season on which I have openly admitted to making some mistakes.

Thankyou to the rest of you on here with a few good wishes it is appreciated.

Its combo football and should be fun lets remember that hey!!!!!!!

:drink::o:thumbsup::c::P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Winno ur full of shit if u had any respect u would of not messed illogan around like u did, as for St Day i couldnt give a dot about that. :thumbsup: and Cads hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: look at it this way if u write like this every time when u finish football(well run out of clubs) u can write for mills and boon :yahoo: End of discussion :P

Guest WINNO

Cheers Marsky you had your blast and Ive had mine. End of now lets hope we can now get on with football and each other. Your not a bad bloke sometimes. HAHAHAHAHAHA ######.

Guest gunners

Who would be a manager eh.

Good luck Winno hope all goes well mate St Day deserve a good run in senior football. I can remember when i was 12 yrs old that was my first club ever.

Up the St Day

Cheers Marsky you had your blast and Ive had mine. End of now lets hope we can now get on with football and each other. Your not a bad bloke sometimes. HAHAHAHAHAHA ######.

As originally posted si i do wish u well and St. day. Unlike some people (not u) i say it like it is it makes me sleep easier. Any club or person will always say i say it how i see it, a big downfall of mine perhaps but no one can say i dont tell them to their face. Good luck to u. :D

Guest WINNO

Who would be a manager eh.

Good luck Winno hope all goes well mate St Day deserve a good run in senior football. I can remember when i was 12 yrs old that was my first club ever.

Up the St Day

Cheers m8. Speak soon and c u at pre season hey bud!!!!!!!

After seeing you at Illogan on Sunday & all thats happened over the last couple of days, is there a possibility of you & Roscoe returning to to Illogan for another crack??????

Hi Nick luv to say yes to that one 90% but you know me & commitees. :D As for Steve i think its a realistic possibility. Things will possibly happen quite soon dependant on Mark and Steve, i like Mark but things havent gone all to plan, still had a good season though. Perhaps lacks that nasty streak now & again. Congrats for sunday i thought ur team was very good, and never looked in any trouble throughout. Theres still plenty in the old legs. :thumbsup: Good luck in the final & i hope you win it. :thumbsup:

After seeing you at Illogan on Sunday & all thats happened over the last couple of days, is there a possibility of you & Roscoe returning to to Illogan for another crack??????

Hi Nick luv to say yes to that one 90% but you know me & commitees. :D As for Steve i think its a realistic possibility. Things will possibly happen quite soon dependant on Mark and Steve, i like Mark but things havent gone all to plan, still had a good season though. Perhaps lacks that nasty streak now & again. Congrats for sunday i thought ur team was very good, and never looked in any trouble throughout. Theres still plenty in the old legs. :thumbsup: Good luck in the final & i hope you win it. :thumbsup:

Cheers marksy....good luck with what or where you are next season & maybe see you at the final.... :drink:

Guest WINNO

Matty Matty. It was a wind up for Cads do you really think I would be that stupid. Come on.. I also txt Cads we got a budget of £450 a game next season he showed it all around Illogans club.......

Gary told me he will come for nothing and few more....hahahahahahahaa

:P:thumbsup::yahoo:

Dont belive in money at this level. You know that.