Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL 2009-10 season start date ?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I know the fixtures won't be out for a while but does anyone know the start date for the Prem and Divs 1 E/W. Now the FA Cup has limited entries, not that affects many clubs down here anymore, is it necessary to start any earlier than Sat 23rd Aug.

From a selfish point of view, perhaps if Newquay were to be at home, it could possibly be made Fri 22nd with a 7.45pm k.o. those I have spoken with since the PZ match have all agreed, that we would get bigger crowds on a Friday night.

Lots of Newquay folk have to work saturdays and our youth sides play on Sats/Suns and therfore miss most of the season. It seemed to work for PZ this season just gone and I am certain that Newquay would have any even higher average for friday nights.

I don't know when the season starts Judge but the Friday night idea is sound. It worked for Plymouth Parkway this season a number of times and I understand St Blazey did it a couple of times too. Penzance seemed to do well out of it. From a purely selfish point of view, it would give me the opportunity to see two games of a weekend instead of the usual one. I think it could work, not every week but maybe half a dozen times over the season. It would certainly give me the opportunity of seeing clubs I don't normally get to see. Sound Graham out - you don't know until you ask.