Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United

In the present "Managers Merry go round", will Kevin Hendy stay at Saltash United?

Kevin must be bitterly disappointed that the season ended with Saltash United in fifth spot. What with long player suspensions and several players out with injuries, it must have been very frustrating.

As the majority of this team have played together for the past few seasons, does it need freshening up?

Having seen them play a few times this season, I cannot understand why there are not nearer the top of the league, as they do play nice nice football.

Bit suprised with this post. Why should Kevin Hendy leave Saltash United?

I have seen nearly all the "Ashes" matches this season and would be very disappointed if Kevin left.

Saltash United have a great bunch of talented players, who have not always had a "true rub of the green". Perhaps with a little tweeking, they can finally win some Silverware.

What Kevin has achieved, with quite modest resources has to be applauded. I would just like to think that the players are not drawn away by other managers waving cheque books at them.

Thankyou to Kevin/Phil/Players for the pleasure of watching you this season.

always makes me laugh how one team under achieves and excuses come out, every team has injuries through the season parkway with wrighty ivybridge with bailey sullivan having ankle troubles, bodmin loosing ovens and nutey to broken legs berry and gilbert to knee ligaments all of which missed months of football, just face it saltash werent good enough this year no where near consistant enough to challenge maybe not only the players need freshening up/tweeking!

Since when did Sven what he was talking about?

I seem to believe that Sven Gordan Eric's son is a local player! Now who is it?

Saltash United have not had a big squad this season and injuries and suspensions have hit hard. Given the squad stick with Saltash United and some useful additions are made, nothing to say they can't win the league next season.

The squad can't be bad, two Cornwall Senior Cup Finals!!!

Guest oldhat

"nothing to say they can't win the league next season"

Heard that one before. They seem to be going backwards from the great season they had a couple of years ago. Great set of players, but still no silverware! Perhaps instead of sniping at Bodmin, Mr Hendy should concentrate on matters closer to home.

Safe to say that Saltash utd have underachieved this season. Had a good budget and a good squad of players this season, but with the budget possibly being cut for next season may well underachieve again.

But must praise the current squad's loyalty to the manager and saltash utd as a many clubs have made approaches for some players but they are willing to are willing to stay at saltash for less money and remain loyal.

im sure we'll see in the close season, pastyman i feel sorry for you only see through the red and white blinkers, saltash aren't as good as they were full stop, the table doesnt lie! i didnt even mention money, i know for a fact 2 or 3 are getting fed up of runner up medals or none at all and want to win things.

It annoys me that money gets brought up before honours u moan about players chasing the dollar but i think u'll be surprised at the amount of players that play to win things, because at the end of the day we would all pay subs to play if there wasnt money being chucked around, i know i would

I reckon a player like wright or carter is all that saltash need. The rest of the squad just need to harden up mentally and be more ruthless and less generous to the opposition.

If they all stay together and keep injuries and suspensions to a minimum then they will be right up there next season.

In my opinion Saltash and Bodmin are the best two teams in the league. The difference being is that Bodmin currently have a stronger mind set and the confidence and belief that comes with success.

Saltash's season was spoilt by a number of factors including belief (allowing teams back into the game), tactics (allowing teams back into the game), the senior cup final ref and too many fixtues in April and May.

I reckon a player like wright or carter is all that saltash need. The rest of the squad just need to harden up mentally and be more ruthless and less generous to the opposition.

If they all stay together and keep injuries and suspensions to a minimum then they will be right up there next season.

In my opinion Saltash and Bodmin are the best two teams in the league. The difference being is that Bodmin currently have a stronger mind set and the confidence and belief that comes with success.

Saltash's season was spoilt by a number of factors including belief (allowing teams back into the game), tactics (allowing teams back into the game), the senior cup final ref and too many fixtues in April and May.

In your opinion hoofer the best two teams in ther league are Bodmin and Saltash????

After 36 league games the best two teams in the league are Bodmin as Champions and Parkway as runners up followed by Buckland Ivybridge and then Saltash. The league table doesnt lie.

I totally agree with you Hoofer.

With the addition of either Wright or Carter, Saltash would be right up there.

Whilst the League table doesn't lie, it doesn't tell the full story of the campaign. For instance, does it outline how many attempts were made to fulfill the Wadebridge Town v Saltash United cup tie? It took thirteen attempts.

Guest legend2

players will leave saltash this summer for def,speaking to a few and they fed up of winning nothing,not for money but to win trophies,saltash have gone backwards i thought they were very good team last season and season before,they havent improved.league table does not lie

North Devon Dweller - You're doing Ivybridge an injustice. :SM_carton:

I am not doing anyone an injustice they are on my list in the position they fnished in the league and as i said the league table doesnt lie and by calling Ivybridge the fourth best side in the league why is that an injustice because if you are listing them higher than their league position it is YOU that is doing the teams that finished higher than Ivybridge an injustice????? wind your neck in

Of couse we (saltash) are going to make excuses. I was very disspointed with this seasons run in. Way too many games (3 a week for the last couple of weeks), the loss of Daley Simpson (Navy), Mark Chapman (injury), and several of the players who started this season (and started by beating Bodmin in Charity Cup) have certainly hit us, but hey, im pretty excited by some of the players that have 'expressed' an interest to play for a club with a heart, not big pockets, next season. And there's some pretty big names in there. As for the officials, im keeping tight lipped. no comment there.

As Pastyman has already said, the cup tie against Wadebridge hit us hard with the fixture backlog, and also the squad has quite simply not been big enough.

Its all ifs and but, but ill stil be watching next season