Cornwall Football Forum

Wheatley Cobb Cup Final - Penryn v Trispen

Carharrack AFC are pleased to host the FHFL Wheatley Cobb Cup Final between Penryn and Trispen on Tues 12th May 2009. Kick Off 18:30.

I would like to thank Barry Moyle, Mark Leah and Billy Chown for their efforts over the season down at the ground and getting the pitch into top condition.

There is plenty of carparking space for all supporters.

Carharrack AFC Clubhouse will be open after the match for 'refreshments'. :smiley20:

Best of luck to both teams and hope you enjoy the game.

Congrats to everyone at Carharrack.you,ve done a great job there.Penryn will think they are back playing on Kernick!!! Hope we can get there safely! we,ve only got 12 players for tonight! which is not ideal for a cup final! especially running around after Bushys youngsters!! me and mike were working it out last nite that we,ve got 8 players out(7 injured and 1 working away) and 6 of them would have started tonight!!!!! never mind,you do the best with whats you,ve got and there will certainly be no excuses after the game. We all respect and rate Penryn very highly and im sure if Bushy and Chopper carry on the great work it,ll be the first of many trophies for them.Hopefully the weather stays ok and everyone enjoys the game.once again a big well done for Carharrack,im sure there will be many more finals at you're place in the future. :clapper:

PS) Forgot! 6.30 kick off! :thumbsup:

Trispen 3 Penryn 1 h/t 2-0

A hat-trick from the ace predator Mark Rapsey in the 13th,18th and 87th minutes saw Trispen through to lift the cup.Penryn put up a terrific fight in the second half and got it back to 2-1 but although there was strong pressure,Trispen's defence held out.

Thanks to Carharrack FC for a superb pitch and looking after the players,supporters and officials very well indeed.You deserve to host more semi's and finals in the future.

Having watched the game tonight i thought penryn held their own!

If you take the legend which is rappo out of the trispen team they would be a middle of the table side.

I thought the lines man (nearest the dugouts) was shocking, he had an absolute howler!!!!!!!

The referee was a BOY barely out of nappies and didnt have a clue what he was doin.

Guest kirky boy

WEll done to carharrack pitch was tip top!!!!!!!

Just a couple of low points-

3quid to get in???????

And the flamng nats around your head whilst watching the game was bloody annoying!!!!!

Spot on from Nig as usual.great first half from us but penryn were all over us 2nd half until we broke away and sealed it against the run of play.so many players out but the lads that played did a great job.think it may be a different story next week in the re match for the terry jennings cup at wendron.wide pitch and a lovely surface which will really suit Bushys boys who are a cracking young footballing team.as Nig has already mentioned,a big well done to carharrack afc who have done a magnificent job with the pitch and surroundings.it puts many combo clubs to shame. :clapper::c: :thumbsup:

Guest Matthewmania

Would disagree with some of the comments about the officials. Unfortunately they didn't have their best games but I don't see a queue of people lining up to do it themselves. :SM_carton:

Guest Postie Pidge

and the fact the officials were terrible

Always so quick to blame the officials after a bad result. Why not take up refereeing?

well played to penryn last night for making us work for the win and bushy for turning penryn around from the side i saw lose 9-1 at hayle 1st game of the season . i thought the referee had a excellent game and a big thank you to carharrack for their facilities and half time cup of tea, just hope all the the ref baiting on the web stops or there wont be any next season.

i would like to say well done to trispen last night well done on winning and well done to rappo good hat trick mate but im sorry some people are saying the ref had a good game and that we should stop saying stuff about them which is true i agree but the ref had a poor game with the linos aswell. i think the ref blow the whistle 4 times in that game and thats to start the game and finish the game and half time also booked one of our players for a 50/50 challenge on the keeper and also the keeper kicking our player and not even talking to keeper which i think is poor but then again thats my point of view but very good game and looking forward to playing trispen next week :clapper: