Cornwall Football Forum

Illogan Res 2 Troon 2 AET

A gruelling but fairly entertaining match played on a big Wendron pitch in hot conditions went all the way to penalties - where unfortunately former New Park player Johnny Jones missed the final pen, allowing Steve Proctor to convert and win the cup for Troon!!

Two very evenly matched sides as the Arthur Pearce Semie Final and this match have shown :c:

Ludgvan Res 2 West Cornwall 7 (h/t 2-1)

Guest chinner

Well done to reno and his troon team on winning the dunn cup,wish i could of watched the game,sounded like a cracker instead i was down watching a drabb holmans v portreath cup semi.

Another titantic battle with the Mining League Champs, great advert for Junior football and not sure if anyone deserved to lose the game, thought the match officials also played their part in this entertaining game.

Illogan overwhelmed us in the first 45 mins and fully deserved their lead at half time, we were lucky to go in 1-1 half time, a better reflection would have been 2 or 3 one.

It was great to get the lads in at the break and have a chat and re group, we played with more intensity which allowed us to increase the tempo of our game, we felt that we competed far better in the latter part of the match and perhaps could have grabbed that vital goal in extra time as Illogan's legs became rather tired.

A total lottery on pens as ever but their has to be a winner and fortunately is was us on the day.

Thankyou for Wendron FC for hosting a great day for all four teams and we must also past out congratualations onto West Cornwall with their win against Ludgvan.

Reno

You need a bit of luck or rub of the green to win a cup normally and thats one thing we haven't had in any of the encounters with Troon.

Felt we had done enough in 90 mins in the semi a couple weeks ago but lost out to a shocking lino decision in last 5 mins, and once it went to extra time could only see troon winning with the injuries we had sustained.

In the final the game should have been done and dusted by half time with the chances we made but we didnt and ultimately paid the price.

We were gutted after in Wendron Club but Troon were even more depressed???? Cheer up lads you won the cup!!

Final thing i'm often quick to complain abut ref's but we had the same ref in the final as what we had against Gulval a couple of weeks ago and in both games he was superb and haven't had a better official all season.

A fair assesment Gareth from an Illogan's point of view, we were delighted on winning the cup but have another big game on Sunday, no disrespect to Illogan but we play Gwinnear in the Arthur Pearce Cup on Sunday, a trophy that the club has never won.

So would be great to make some history, Gwinnear will always pose a physical threat to us, even though they have struggled in the league this year, it's a one off game and anything is possible!!! Any team that reaches a final deserves the respect from their opponents.

Just a shame we haven't got a few weeks to recover from our injuries or 12 months in Joe Farrells case :wacko: We had an average age of 16 out on Saturday and got thumped . Sunday is going to come around too quick for most of us which is a real gutter because as you know Reno we have struggled just to get a team out on a weekend since Gaffer left a few seasons ago but we feel since Christmas we have a good side now although still not the depth of squad required.

In fairness it will be a fun day out for all those involved in this difficult season but our priority and most important game is the relegation decider against St Just , win that one and Ill be a happy man. :thumbsup:

Look forward to catching up with you all the same Reno and a big congrats to you and Matt on winning the cup on Sunday ( I'd have come and watched but I can't always wear the trousers in my house if you know what I mean bud. ) ;)