Cornwall Football Forum

Forum Charity Match Team Announcement

We have finally got the teams for the CornwallFootballForum.com Charity Match in aid of Help For Heroes.

Help The Heroes is a forces based charity to help support our wounded servicemen and women injured in the current conflicts. As a member of the Armed Forces myself I really hope forum members will be able support the match.

After two years in the planning after the original idea to host a game involving players from every league in Cornwall this is finally it. I do not know if this has ever been done before.

It was a great privilege to have so many talented players wanting to play in the match unfortunately we couldn’t pick everyone. Myself and Dave Deacon decided to pick a side that was a mixture of Youth, Experience, Ability and Legend status. I thank everyone who volunteered to play, if this is a success I would love to do it again.

The match will be registered with the CCFA this weekend and all players involved will be fully insured.

Bank Holiday Sunday 24th May @ Carharrack AFC.

Howard Beachump Recreation Ground (TR16 5SF).

Kick Off 12:30pm.

Entrance Fee: £2

Plenty of car parking space, there will also be overflow facility on the day.

Carhararck Sports and Social Club have kindly to agreed to put on a beer tent (No Glasses) @ £1.50 a pint!!!! :drink: A BBQ will also be available.

So the teams. Subject to injuries and suspensions.

Team CHOWN

Paul Hider (Launceston SWPL Prem)

Symon Winnan (Helston JCCL)

Craig Moyle (Carharrack FHFL)

Darren Buckley (St Day JCCL)

Danny Andrewartha (Robartes Inn Mining)

Chris Breasley (RNAS Culdrose JCCL)

Matt Mitchell (Spice of Life Mining)

Bill Lamin (Crowntown Sunday League)

Joshua Sims (Truro City SWPL W) *Wildcard Choice

Rob Hoskings (Perranporth Duchy)

Matt Nottle (St Cleer Duchy)

Josh Kemp (Porthlevern SWPL D1 & Cornwall U-18’s Captain)

Paul Banks (Launceston ECPL)

Liam Patterson (Threemilestone Mining)

Stu Renoylds (Porthlevern SWPL D1)

Mark "Rappo" Rapsey (Trispen FHFL)

TEAM DEACON

Jason Chapman (Falmouth Town SWPL Prem)

Tim Hooper (St Stephen ECPL)

Andy Sincock (St Stephen ECPL)

Peter Davey (Penryn Athletic SWPL D1)

John Bird (St Just JCCL)

Gary Pascoe (Chacewater FHFL)

Jamie Marles (Crowntown - Sunday League)

Neil Curnow (St Just JCCL)

James Miller (Penzance SWPL D1)

Neill Williams (Torpoint Athletic Duchy)

Duncan Gillett (Mawnan FHFL)

Jon Row (Chacewater FHFL)

Jowan May (Gulval Mining)

Lee Rickard (St Dennis Duchy)

Richie Ward (Redruth Utd Mining)

Mike Rabone (Newquay) * Wildcard Choice

Referee: Eddie Corcoran aka The Stig

I would personally like to thank Carharrack AFC and its committee for allowing the game to be hosted. Mark Leah and Barry Moyle for preparing the pitch on the day. St Day AFC for lending us their team kit on the day. All Cornish Football leagues for their support! All respective clubs for releasing players to play and RNAS Culdrose for their assistance.

A massive thanks to Bathroom Solutions Ltd, Tony Pryce Sports (Truro), Brian Etherington Meat Ltd and Jolly Drinks Group for their Match Sponsorship.

All I need now is you the members to attend and help raise the cash for such a fantastic cause!!!

Hope to see you all there on the day.

Richard Chown (CornwallFootballForum.com)

Guest WINNO

Privileged to be involved in a game with such a great cause. Lets hope its a massive turn out with some great banter and a few good beers. Lets raise some money for some people whom don't half deserve it...

WINNO

XXXXX

:drink: :smiley20:

Guest Rich Ward

Thanks Rich and Dave for all the effort put into organising this. Ditto Winno's comment, priviledged to be involved.

Should be a great day out, hopefully get good weather.

thanks for the invite rich,and a big well done to you and dave as it must have been alot to organise from start to finish. :clapper: brilliant cause and glad you got a few strikers there mate! be chuffed with 20 minutes these days!!!! hope everyone gets behind the event and raise a few quid.winno i,ll get you a pint seeing its £1.50 mate!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Sam Boston

I'm gutted I can't make it, I was looking forward to getting my hands on some of the forum's finest! Hope the day goes well and raises a few quid for a great cause :clapper:

Ahhh im not in the teams :( ... o well i have 2 b the vocal crowd man with my horn and loud speaker... could even b a commentator lol... and rappo i think u shudnt worry bout gettin winno a drink mayb u cud buy me 26.66 pints then that wud equal the dosh u owe me lol ... :drink: x 26.6 = :yahoo: :P

Thank you to Rich and Dave for their hard work to get this up and running, it's great to be involved for such a worthwhile cause. I really appreciate the opportunity and will look forward to coming up against Chris Breasley for the 10th time this season (Combo journeyman!)... :D

The teams look excellent and I am sure it will be an entertaining game.

PS. Can somebody else do the match report?! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the selection Dave. Great cause and great idea guys, carrying on the superb job you do with the forum!

And to begin the banter CHOWNS CHUMPS ARE GOING DOWN!!

P.S You sure the got the k o time correct, got my players night out on the Saturday!!

PPS Rappo any goals scored DO NOT count in the carrer tally!! :yahoo:

:smiley20:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Im honoured to be part of this occasion as its close to my heart and congratulate all those that have made it happen, as im sure it will be a top day.

As for the football side of things its nice to see some quality players on show.

Dave you no need to worry as you will have the bragging rights come final whistle, as i dont do losing and im sure our squad will ensure that, as well as raise loads of cash by bringing our friends and family.

not sure i could score past you or chappy these days paul!!!? hoping my back will last until the 24th,so see you there mate :thumbsup: friendly goals dont count gillo,not that im anticipating getting too many in that game bud!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( be a great day though,some good lads on both teams.looking forward to seeing them all. :thumbsup:

Guest Monty

I am somewhat very upset with the team selection as i thought it would of been more forces orientated, i did put my name forward and as ex forces and witness to to avery close friends being killed in in iraq serving with the Royal Tank Regiment i thought at least this was a proposition i could help out in, i still do alot for charity and the Royal Tank Regiment Association but never mind i have other things mind. All the best for the day anywayXXX

pitch looks immense. am looking forward to it. be good to be playing with an old school mate aswell (andy sincock) would rather be playing with him then against. hes always had a habbit of kicking me.lol will make a change playing with neil williams (tafc-gaffa) to, insted of against him. will defently be a cracking day :c::c::c::c::c::c::c::c: :c:

Guest WINNO

I HOPE YOUR GONNA GET ME A BEER MR RAPSEY. SURE YOU OWE ME MORE THAN 1 BUDDY. DONT THINK YOU EVER BOUGHT ME ONE WHEN WE WERE AT PORT M8 DID YOU. NOT EVEN IN AMSTERDAM,,,,,,HEHEHEHE XXXX

Guest gunners

Just looking at the teams Winno i think Dave and Rich placed us against eachother as they must ave seen how much we bitched at eachother at St Agnes ha ha

Rappo i hear the first beers are on Winno

So you weren't just like that at St Just Jon? :lol:

Pleasure to be involved in this event for this worthy cause.

Mitch, I think the guys have organised it as an opportunity for the forum and it's members to raise money for Help for Heroes, not heroes raising money for heroes. You obviously do lots of charity work already but this is a chance for the forum to do something as a collective. You can still come along and support if you're not busy. :drink:

Shame Coopsie's not in the squads! He spends most of his time on here. Ha