Cornwall Football Forum

From the makers of CornwallFootballForum.com comes....

CornwallCricketForum.com

On Behalf of Darren Kirwan;

The Cornwall Cricket Forum is a vehicle to discuss forthcoming fixtures, comment on games played, a place for some light hearted banter and hopefully a useful source of information for the coming season and beyond.

I am aware of the issues that were the cause of the forum to be removed from the Cornwall Cricket League website and can assure you that anything slanderous, threatening or abusive to any individual or club will not be tolerated and will deleted at the earliest possible chance.

In fact why not take the chance to publicly praise a club, player or umpire who has impressed you recently.

That said, this is the perfect place to discuss anything contentious, just be a little educated with how its done please.

I would advise everyone to be fully aware of the Terms & Conditions before posting.

Its sister site http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com is a huge success in the football community so lets make this as popular for Cornwalls cricketers.

I'm looking for one or two extra volunteers who maybe able to assist moderating the forums.

As you can appreciate, if something has been posted that needs editing or worse still deleting, its better to have as many look outs as possible.

Anyone interested in helping to police what is posted on the site should contact me via e-mail: kirwantherackrunner@hotmail.com or 07595 903068.

Darren Kirwan :c:

Thanks Richard

Nice to meet you yesterday!

I must say a huge thanks for setting up the site, as well you know its appearance and content will evolve with time and interest.

I dont think it will ever be as big as its sister site but Cricketers countywide have a great number of issues that can never be discussed and the site should prove a good outlet.

I think it may take a little longer than expected to catch on, but i'm sure it will get there in the end.

Thanks again.

Well, being a rather crap crciketer I didn't know if I should register but then saw a post by Kayer and though bugger it!

Think I may have played cricket with you at Blazey back in late 90's? 2nd team with Vinnie as skipper? I was a 16 year old who was pretty crap then and not a lot beter now. :D

Guest Peppermint

Great new site and congratulations to Richard and Darren - the word is spreading fast in the local cricket world.

Even one post on the Cricket Forum asking if The Judge knows anything about cricket!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps he will sign up as a member - and keeps us entertained - but beware Truro Cricket Club he will probably be having a go at them!!!!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Great new site and congratulations to Richard and Darren - the word is spreading fast in the local cricket world.

Even one post on the Cricket Forum asking if The Judge knows anything about cricket!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps he will sign up as a member - and keeps us entertained - but beware Truro Cricket Club he will probably be having a go at them!!!!!

I like the fact, that all grounds put great big white boards behind the bowlers arm, smashing place to put flags up !

I havn't played cricket since I was picked for Essex Schools (once) as a bowler in a 20 over match. It was pouring with rain at Southend Grammer School but rather than 'rain stopped play' we had to carry on. I even took one wicket in my 2 overs, watched by Graham Gooch and Neil Foster who dished out freebies from Essex CCC that day. However, football was always my first love and I represented my school 13 times and even played rugby twice, although I hated it. We had 2 very strict Welsh PE teachers and if you were picked for any sport, you played !

As far as the modern game goes, I like the 20/20 matches, certainly beats the 5 day game for excitement.