Cornwall Football Forum

CCFA - Resignations must surely be due.

I've just read on another thread that the Andros farce has finally come to an end with the ref involved giving his recollection of events.

Falmouth Athletic who have preached innocence all the way through this saga should be ashamed of themselves, I hope the large Easter Monday crowd give them an indication of how the masses feel.

Fingers crossed for St Dennis who I'm sure will have every neutral cheering every kick.

As for the CCFA, I sincerely hope someone writes to FA Headquarters in London and reports this matter with the referees backing.

Barry Cudmore has been uncovered and should resign with immediate effect.

Interestingly, when generating interest for the Radio Pilots back in March, I e-mailed Barry asking for a meeting to discuss regeneration plans for Cornwalls clubs as well as the Radio shows and how football can support the 2 charities etc.

I had his out of office reply so I know it made his inbox. Never received a reply.

To guage how much could be raised, I also contacted Caroline King for some information on how many players are affiliated etc, she is in charge of such practices according to their website.

E-mailed her on the same day as Barry, never received a reply.

I've not been involved with Cornish football as long as half of you lot so I can only imagine the many tales of woe you probably have.

Its about time they were accountable, as I see it, the CCFA should be run like a political party with individuals voted into post over a term.

This closed shop, jobs for the boys organisation is supposed to be our governing body? What a laugh.

I remember a year or so back that Andy Mitchell was on a jolly in Dubai giving a conference!

Anyone care to tell me how this helps football development in the County?

New blood required i'm afraid, Phil Hiscox, Mark Hayman and all involved with CSWPL would run rings around this lot IMO.

Guest Monty

I have said all along that the CCFA are not strong enough and are simply not good enough to cope with the football in this county, If you have ever been on a disciplinary hearing then you will truly know in what i mean, The whole football structure in Cornwall needs to be addressed from the correct promotion and relegation from each league to the so called payment of players and these are just a few issues, Its needs a complete new out look and fresh faces to back and promote Cornish football positivley and deal with discipline matters swiftly and fairly. We should still have Cornwall teams on all levels and its a shambles that we have not, I could go on all day but its quite simple it needs to be changed before its too late. :c:

I believe this whole matter is a complete Farce, and the CCFA are to blame!

They have not done enough to stop something shameful ruin the Junior Cup, a great competition which everyone loves to win

Personally, I believe Troon have been cheated out of a place in the Junior cup Final, as with no disrespect to Constantine, I believe Troon 1st team would have won the Western area final!

CCFA hang your head in shame, and I think this whole situation needs to be fed up to FA headquarters in Soho Square

Falmouth deserve to be there?

HELLO!

They have cheated, and that is plain to see!

Troon are not a crap side, they look good favourites to be going into Combo from Mining 1 this season, which tells a story, a team dont go from Mining 1 to Combo if they are crap, they get that chance through being good enough, and that Troon are! I know many of the players up there, and I know they were mgutted by the farce that took place

I think its disguisting that a Decent, Reliable, HONEST, Hardworking club like Troon have been treated like this.

I for one shall be cheering on St Dennis on Easter Monday.

Maybe Justice wil have a funny way of biting Falmouth Athletic in the arse!

deal with discipline matters swiftly

It's a lot quicker now than it used to be! :(

As for the suggestion that Falmouth Athletic "cheated", from what I hear the same could be suggested of a lot of Junior clubs who week in, week out fill in their team sheets!

It may be worth looking at your own clubs as well as accuse others! <_<

Regardless of opinion on the actions of Falmouth Athletic, the CCFA are in place to make sure things like this do not happen.

I'm happy to stick my neck out and criticise these people because other than through business, I have no affiliation to any particular club.

I therefore understand why some of you may not wish to be drawn on the scale of neglect shown here by our governing body.

Bottom line is that Barry Cudmore and anyone else involved in this mess should resign.

I intend, as a complete neutral; to make a formal complaint about these people.

Time for a change, a bit of fresh drive and impoetus from people involved in the game is what is needed to drive Cornish football forward.

I'm sorry but wearing a tidy blazer, complaining about lack of parking at High Cross St and sampling a few complimentary biscuits at the odd game does not constitute progress.

Nor does swanning off to Dubai, all expenses paid either!

In fact, what with the FA affiliation no longer offering FA Cup options, perhaps its time for me to devise an "IPL" style Cornish league. No pyramid progression for bucking the trend but promotion is hardly taken anyway!

Whilst my figure would suggest I can more than hold my own on a Rich Tea/Choc Digestive feast at various half time intervals, no i'm not.

Havent been involved in local football long enough to be taken seriously as yet.

10 years down the road........maybe. I'm still only 29 so ya never know H!

Dont get me wrong, i'd give it a good crack but with so little time in local football under my belt, it would never be sanctioned. I'm probably not well enough qualified, I dont know my way around Dubai for a start.

This is why I argued that officers of the CCFA should be voted in, perhaps every 3 years.

There will be a mountain of quality football people dotted around Cornwall that can be TRUSTED.

One day, i'd definately like a chance. Not being ready immediately should not detract from discussing their inability to deal with this issue though!

soil

age or experience should be no barrier.

barrack obama is only 47, not been in politics very long and now president of the usa!

get in there!

h

Love your optimism, I need look no further for a campaign manager thats for sure. :thumbsup:

In all seriousness though, these latest irregularities cannot be just shrugged off and ignored.

I've been contacted by the Admins as Andy Mitchell from Dubai the CCFA has been in touch regarding this thread and stating how he would not like to consult the FA's legal team but may have to.

Therefore to make things a little more factual so that I cannot be accused of misrepresentation, I would like to make the following amendments:

This closed shop, jobs for the boys organisation is supposed to be our governing body? What a laugh.

I would like to apologise because....

They do in fact, control, manage, regulate and promote football in Cornwall and aim to provide safe and structured football opportunities for everyone irrespective of age, colour, gender or disability.

Sorry about that misunderstanding.

Additionally....

I remember a year or so back that Andy Mitchell was on a jolly in Dubai giving a conference!

This was unfair and I publicly apologise.

Now that I am better informed, it was clear that this visit was to assist with controlling, managing, regulating and promoting football in Cornwall and has since helped to provide a safe and structured football opportunity for everyone irrespective of age, colour, gender or disability.

Finally, Andy mentioned that no one at the CCFA has any record of ever receiving anything from me via e-mail and that the CCFA NEVER deletes without responding.

I dont appreciate my claims being questioned in this instance and so I have rooted through my sent items etc, and guess what?

E-mail to Barry Cudmore sent 9th December 2008, 00:18:44

E-mail to Caroline King sent 9th December 2008, 00:27:25

I can forward these to anyone who wishes to check the validity of my postings.

So, assuming you're anonomously reading this Andy give me a business card on Easter Monday and I'll forward them to you.

I'll ask the Blazey officials to call you over the tannoy in front of the 1500 or so onlookers so that you can meet me at the tea hut or something and give me your card. This will help me forward on the correspondance. (Hospitality is excellent at Blaise Park so I'm assuming you will attend?)

This should stop the affiliated clubs having to contribute further in fines to pay for your advice from the Legal Team you mentioned.

Yours in Exposure

Darren Kirwan

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Will the CCFA be contacting the SWPL to see if an extra game can be played in Dubai at the end of the season, all in the name of promoting Cornish Football of course ?

A Penzance v Newquay promotion play off perhaps... just checking Expedia for flights.

I have a losers junior cup medal from over 30 years ago,as with my other trophys it still reminds me of that day and particularly my friends and team-mates many of whom i grew up with.I can only wonder how the majority of innocent athletic players feel that such an important occasion has been tarnished by probably one or two people???They probably thought they had beaten troon fairly and are now afraid to say too much for obvious reasons.The other sad thing is the people that seem to think that athletics action is ok?

this one is for you hansome dan. falmouth ath did beat troon fairly and until you know all the facts i would shut up.some people on this forum are just talking rubbish. the lads deserve to be there on monday and nothing untoward has gone on. as for asking for resignations , well thats just crazy. dont go putting your oar in and stirring up trouble until you know the truth :SM_carton_y::rolleyes::angry: :clapper:

as for asking for resignations , well thats just crazy.

Falmouth, you are entitled to your opinions as are we, but let me assure you that it is not crazy to expect resignations from people in high places when negligence of this order occurs.

The CCFA are in place to ensure that instances like this DO NOT HAPPEN.

You should be duly annoyed with them also as if they had intervened at a sensible time this could have been curtailed much earlier. As it happens they allowed the specualtion to continue by doing very little and from afar I can see this would not have allowed an escape route for Fal Athletic.

The ostrich effect has then taken hold and it was far easier to protect some shred of integrity on both sides by denying everything and burying your heads in the sand.

I'm sorry but other clubs deserve better.

The Cornwall Cricket League is run by its officers on behalf of the ECB by volunteers and no issues of this magnitude are ever made.

i have no idea like everyone else posting on here of the facts so this is all pointless. The only people that know for sure are the fal athletic manager and secretary and they have taken what they have to the ccfa. they have been proved by them that there was no wrong doing. myself im 50 50 but its done. im not to keen on fal athletic and very rarely go and watch them but good luck to them in the junior cup final. stop this insane ranting and let the players enjoy there moment. how would you feel if it was you. hearing it all going on up until the area final was bad enough and detracted from what was 2 very competive games. Also when you think about it at the end of the day, athletic beat Troon and would it have made any difference if athletic had a slight player cahnge, 1 for another, i doubt it. Troon were beaten. Its a brave statement to say that Troon wouldve beaten constantine in the area final as athletic beat troon fair and square and then constantine competed all the way with athletic in the area final. time to let it drop and enjoy the final. As for people asking for resignations, ive been involved with cornish football for 18years now and i dont want anything to do with the running of it cause its a nightmare of a job and i wouldnt know the first thing about it as i would assume u lot dont either. i play ny games, pay any fines, let the club secretary do his bit and enjoy a drink afetr. can i suggest that you lot start doing that aswell and let it lie before this gets even more out of hand. There are a lot of accuasations flying around and lets be honest.....this is junior football, enjoy it for what it is while you can :thumbsup:

Some fair reasoning retired for now.

My gripe is with the CCFA, what has been done cannot be changed and so Falmouth Athletic are in the final end of story.

Please dont get confused here people, whilst I sit in the Troon corner on this debate, I've never championed them for reinstatement and sadly once the dust was swept under the carpet that was only ever where it was likely to stay from an admin point of view.

I genuinely feel for the players if they had nothing to do with the error and sadly the whole club has been tarnished by the actions of a said few. Anyway thats old news.

I started the thread to find out how the governing body becomes accountable because as far as I see it no-one questions their actions!

People can ridicule my outbursts all they want but I dont like sitting back and accepting the status quo.

You are right to say that running the establishment is probably a nightmare and that you would like no part of it but i'm sure that many do and those who happen to find themselves in the hot seat should be earning their money and making a difference to grass roots football. Maybe they do? Not in this instance though.

I wouldnt have had so many calls, e-mails etc if I was so far off the mark!

you probably arent too far off the mark and maybe you are right about how cornish football is run. I really dont know.Good luck to you for sticking to your guns on the subject whatever happens. would never knock someone for sticking to there guns and trying to make a difference and am certainly not ridiculing your words. I just hope the whole junior cup saga will end when the game is over on monday and doesnt carry on after the game, am fed up hearing about it to be honest. it is tarnishing cornish football but only because people on here have gone on and on about it. your gripe at the ccfa and how its run...well thats up to you....good luck

If referees where issued with mini cameras they could photograph those they need to book/send off.

Identical Twins could be branded.

I think Dave Deacon has a point when he says clubs should look at their own actions before accusing others.

In the distant past it was common knowledge that teams played unregistered players to make up the numbers, a blind eye was turned in it's direction because it was restricted to struggling clubs.

As for the possibility of a player playing whilst suspended, that would be plain daft, to allow them to get away with it if caught out would be suicide for the official involved.

This matter just Runs and Runs, I suppose something to while away the time on those quiet summer nights.

I cannot believe that Andy Mitchell has been attacked on this thread. In my dealings with him (on numerous footballing matters) he has been friendly, approachable, and certainly very knowledgeable on all aspects of football development. He is somebody I would always use if I had a problem that needed to be solved and didn't know the answer.

I would imagine that his trip to Dubai was something that came from the Football Association, not the Cornwall County Football Association, as they often send staff at various levels off to different countries to either run FA coaching courses, or on fact-finding missions in order to share good practice.

Individuals involved in Cornish football should be proud that the FA have looked to towards staff in Cornwall for such a trip. Good for you Andy for taking the stance that you did. :clapper:

As for Ben Andros..................................................... :wacko:

The CCFA were being questioned because of the decision to send him to Dubai.

You can question me all you like but the bottom line is it had no benefit to Cornish Football whatsoever, IMO.

As for suing me, carry on. Like I said I have the Emails and I was right about the trip abroad so they had better find some better grounds.

This was not an attack on Andy in particular, he made it so with his schoolboy reaction to what is obviously a contentious issue. Why do they get so annoyed if no wrong doing has taken place?

Its Mr Cudmore that should be held accountable for the Andros issue.

It should be he as the secretary that should be highlighting any issues publicly.

It was very good of Andy to take time out from his own role to do some secretarial duty.

Perhaps I should have E-mailed Andy back in December, at least he does appear a little proactive and may have at least replied?

Interesting to see that they are a limited company rather than a charity, therefore what would the FA reaction be if another like minded limited company were to highlight some savings on staff costs and rents etc and propose to put the savings back into the local game?

Time for some fresh impoetus, Andy Mitchell may well do a good job. I can only speak of the one occasion he didnt inspire me personally.

Any developments with securing a plot on the A30 corridor for a brand new CCFA office?

How about this scenario:

What about if the visit to Dubai wasn’t actually done on behalf of the Cornwall FA, but for The FA as it was to deliver a coaching course for a Football Academy which is based out there. However, in order to do this what about if the trip had to be taken as annual leave with no cost to the CCFA. Begins to suggest it wasn't a jolly after all.

Whatever, but with regards to how it would benefit our county football? While out in Dubai I gather Andy got to work with a group of people from a whole range of different cultural backgrounds, naturally with very different views on football, as well as that he watched sessions from a host of pro clubs who were there – it all adds up to personal development, which hopefully eventually benefits county football development by being shared back here.

Puts a slightly different slant on the trip.

How about this scenario:

What about if the visit to Dubai wasn’t actually done on behalf of the Cornwall FA, but for The FA as it was to deliver a coaching course for a Football Academy which is based out there. However, in order to do this what about if the trip had to be taken as annual leave with no cost to the CCFA. Begins to suggest it wasn't a jolly after all.

If this is the case, whether fabricated to dust over the controversy or not; I would like to apologise to Andy and all the power to him for adding strings to his bow.

Whatever, but with regards to how it would benefit our county football? While out in Dubai I gather Andy got to work with a group of people from a whole range of different cultural backgrounds, naturally with very different views on football, as well as that he watched sessions from a host of pro clubs who were there – it all adds up to personal development, which hopefully eventually benefits county football development by being shared back here.

Puts a slightly different slant on the trip.

Again, fair play for adding strings to the bow and enhancing career prospects. No one can knock that.

Not convinced it will bear too much fruit over here though because of the cultural differences.

In many moons to come with the amount of "overseas" players getting involved etc, I suppose it could.

They obviously e-mailed Andy direct about him going there. I say that of course as Barry Cudmore wouldnt have recieved the e-mail. (Alledgedly)

It appears as though you have had another E-mail Dave.

If this is the case, I not only hold my hands up on this occasion but have to give some credit for Andy coming forward with an explanation. Thats refreshing in itself.

If Barry Cudmore could now follow suit and tell me why he or Caroline King didnt have the decency to reply, we are almost getting there!

Still no explanation for Andros though.........

Guest plainmoor

Had a look through the ccfa website, and can only find 2 sentences about the senior cup final, surely with all the old boy network turning up for their prawn and cucumber butties someone must have seen more than 2 sentences of a match or were they all in a stupor after consuming nearly a whole bottle of bristol cream? or is it a fact that they are so long in the tooth that any of them can't see further than there own nose?

Maybe they were still congratulating each other for being even more invisible from the footballing fraternity this year than they have in previous years?

What ever it was it is disgraceful way for a county body to act, but there you have it, do as little as you can for maximum income.

CCFA Corwalls Crusty Foggies Association

There is a world of difference between 'football development' & 'development of football' within acounty setup. So AM went abroad for the sake of football development, big deal, what he learnt from his jolly you can teach on a pitch what he didn't learn is of more importance.

I remember sometime ago going to one of the 'Have your say' meetings held by ccfa, it appears that they have learnt nothing from the evening and still go about things in their own arrogant way, operating from from the biggest ivory towers you can imagine, surrounded by the biggest smoke screen on record, all of them faceless names.

I remember one question which was asked of them and that was why wern't they more proactive in promoting the ccfa and the good it does? The answer was, watch this space things are in place............i'm still waiting.......................a magazine once every quater counts for nothing, it's not even their own publication, it's an fa publication that goes out to every county fa in the land with a little space for regional news to be inserted.

Am says he very approachable, when was the last time that you read something, anything from him or the ccfa that gave the people of cornwall some interesting news about the ccfa other than self glorification of their officers? you haven't,

...if other county fa's can put an article in a regional newspaper every week then why can't these faceless 'ghosts' at ccfa do the same? a little goes a long way

...why can't the cup draws be made live on the radio? like other county fa's?

...why has everything at the ccfa got to be 'behind closed doors'?

The ccfa need to develope themselves first into a friendly and approachable association, giving out as much info as they can to the people of cornwall by any media they can and often.

If that can't be done then it's time for a change and all the officers should resign en block and fresh, new and younger blood be given a chance.

It says on the ccfa website that their annual turnover is now around £400,000 a year!!!!!!!!!!! where does this all go ? not by promoting football in cornwall thats for sure.

One more thing and this time on the Ben Andros issue, has anybody asked for a copy of the referees report and all other relevant paper work under the freedom of information act?

Rant over time for a change at ccfa.

You can't use the FOI act in this case because it only applies to asking for info from public bodies. I'm sure I read on one of these threads that CCFA is a limited company.

I'm also not sure that these threads are the right way to go about getting what you want from the CCFA.

One, you're assuming that the people at CCFA read them. My experience is that most organisations/companies ignore comments posted on this type of forum, seeing them as debates among relatively small numbers of enthusiasts. (A more modern type of pub gossip if you like.)

Two, moaning about everything that's wrong with absolutely nothing positive to say will only make people retreat and shy away even more. Worse still when the negativity is not backed by fact which, for some of the issues in this thread seems to be the case.

Far better to attempt a reasonable conversation with people than call for their head.

Sorry to be boring

After running a Faculty or two, I think taking charge of the CCFA would be a very simple matter. Even if it involved a drop in salary to, say, fifty grand and a mobile phone, I could do it on three daus a week and still watch St Just on Saturday. I would declare complete independence from England and run it on political principles derived from my mentor, Muammar Qadaafi, who is now President of the Tinners, following my invitation last year.

Just give me a ring and the Curnow family and I will solve the problem. There will be no more pseudo-democracy, truck with capitalism or pratting about and Troon will replace Falmouth Athletic in the Jubior Cup replay.

Unfortunately you cant get rid of salaried personel. It is a shame that the CCFA are unable to run their busniess properly. Unfortunately by making themsleves a limited company they can do what they damn well please. Since when has the CCFA been for the good of football in Cornwall. Their job seems to be to make money so that they can pay themselves.

I am not fully aware of how the CCFA salaries are funded but surely affiliation fees and fines cannot cover it all.

If i'm right in my assumptions, the F.A will therefore be providing funding to help contribute to the rent at High Cross St and the 10 salaries.

Here's a thought then.........

If another Ltd company come in and completed a budget for the same expenses as the current CCFA but saved dramatically upon them, could that be ignored if submitted to the F.A?

Hypothetically, If I were to provide office space FOC, half the wages by using experienced, passionate football people who would be part voluntary and looking to genuinely develop Cornish football, this could produce some savings.

Furthermore, I would raise the fines if booked or dismissed for dissent by 50%, this would help players get a quicker grip of the respect campaign.

ALL fines, should be put back into the game by way of self financing grants back to the most needy clubs.

(Again, apologies if this already happens, i'm just thinking off the top of my head here.)

Pie in the sky?

Absobloodyloutely, nonetheless I'm off to do a free webcheck on companies house to see what figures I can find! B)

Was my idea really that bad?

I thought someone would have had an opinion, even it was to say how ridiculous it was! :o

I think people are bored of this topic now and really can't be arsed replying to tell you how ridiculous your idea is when you already know :P :c:

Guest Sam Boston

I'm happy to stick my neck out and criticise these people because other than through business, I have no affiliation to any particular club. I therefore understand why some of you may not wish to be drawn on the scale of neglect shown here by our governing body.

I think you may have answered your own question

Morning Anita! :yahoo:

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Athletic who have preached innocence all the way through this saga should be ashamed of themselves, I hope the large Easter Monday crowd give them an indication of how the masses feel.

Fingers crossed for St Dennis who I'm sure will have every neutral cheering every kick.

Falmouth Athletic have officially done nothing wrong. I have seen the paperwork and everything is totally above board. I bet they won't get any apologies from the Troon boys

Guest geachy1

Falmouth Athletic have officially done nothing wrong. I have seen the paperwork and everything is totally above board. I bet they won't get any apologies from the Troon boys

so pidge you are saying that there is a ben andros?