Cornwall Football Forum

Rumours for 09/10

Guest local_football_supporter

Guest pascal

What's going on at Torpoint???? At least 9/10 of last seasons Ian stevens team have left with most recent being left back Gary Williams and Goalkeeper Martin Piper??? who are they going to bring in?? they must be looking to bring in at least 12/13 new faces....... and from what i have heard.... the budget being slashed by half can they bring in better players???

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pascal

not sure who they bringing in but players who i have been told through the grapevine who have left are:

Martin Piper- ivybridge or wadebridge

Gary Williams - ??

Gareth Jones- Plymouth Parkway

Chris Maskell- Elburton

Carl Curtis - Plymouth Parkway

Mark Bonney- Plymouth Parkway

Liam Thornton- moving away to uni

Ben Davies- Tavy

Adam Carter- Tavy

That is alot of players leaving, not sure who is coming in apart from lance bailey from ivybridge so must be a big job now to bring in a new starting 11 dont you think gary?

Not really there are only 3 decent players on your list, and how would they afford Baily with the budget cut in half.

What 3 are they then Gary?

Strange that there are only three decent players on that list, as you had a hand in signing them!!!!!!

or did you not have any say in the matter & influence as "assistant" manager???????????????

:o

Guest ortega

Heard from a good source that torpoints new manager wants to play the long ball game next season.So that is why he hasnt tried to keep the players who like to play football . . . . jones curtis carts etc.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

4-4-2 i think this persistant wind up of Torpoint rumours is not doing the club and the teams in it any good, especially by its own players/supporters.

I know the chairman is not happy with it and think if you are connected to the club in some form then to tame it for the benefit of the club.

I'm not going to spill the beans, but Keano will have no problem being top half of the Div 1 West next season. How do I know ? Well we had a nice chat after the Newquay v Millbrook match and he told me of some of his plans for next season. Anyone with an interest in the club, should get behind Keano and enjoy the good times to come.

You want real rumours with no substance whatsoever, try these...

Trev to go back to Blazey, Carey back to Bodmin, Judge to become a Falmouth fan and Truro to come clean on everything !

What JudgeNewquay caught up with you at last & thrown you out,

So sorry for you Hammers :unsure::SM_carton::c: :c:

Guest jayrich

I am lewis vines and i can comfirm i have signed for millbrook. we have a lot of youngsters at the club this season and i realy hope we can hit the ground running wen the new season starts and push for promotion in both EC div 1 and swp div1.

Was wondering if anyone has heard any rumours about Newquay? I don't expect there will be much change there as they had a great season last year,

but any new signings?

anyone left?

Chrissy Luxton staying?

Hi i have heard the bodmin goalie kevin miller could be returning to play for newquay which would be good with matt gone but cant see it happening with the money miller is on , also good match 13july 7 30 truro vs plymouth argyle 1st team hopefully not like last year when it was mostly kids , hope newquay have a good season nice to see the ladies back at mt wise ,also hope plymouth do better cant do any worse can they .