Cornwall Football Forum

Rumours for 09/10

Guest local_football_supporter

Anyone heard anything about player movements for next season yet??? Or what about managers?? Who will be moving / leaving there current clubs??

I heard at a game yesterday that holsworthy were going to be totally re-structuring, new management team and many players will be shown the door!

Also in division 1 west I have heard that callington town will be the team to beat next season as they will be in position to double there wage bill.

Any other rumours fresh off the rumour mill this weekend?? I know it’s early but I know for a fact managers have started talking to players about next season, and many have even sorted pre-season friendlys out already!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was announced in the North Devon local press that the Holsworthy management would be there for next season????

Heard that former Buckfastleigh manager Darren Raven is being lined up by Elburton Villa to take over next season.

Also in the pipeline is Dane Bunny being shown the door if his new look side for next season are not showing extreme signs of improvement. Been told he has 10 games from start of the new campain.

Also rumours flying around that Joey Scott is considering calling it a day at Plymstock after a very frustrating season.

Watch this space!!!!!!!

Guest keano

Also in the pipeline is Dane Bunny being shown the door if his new look side for next season are not showing extreme signs of improvement. Been told he has 10 games from start of the new campain.

First i have heard !!! but thanks for letting me know !!! ha ha

Holsworthy have rumours like this most seasons i believe, especially of late, however, bugger all will change once more in my veiw.

Joey Scott, i have heard that rumour to, that players aren't happy traveling and such also, so a whole new team and management could be in shape there.

As for Millbrook, i have heard that mr bunney's job is perfectly safe for as long as he wants it.

Another Day another Rumour!!

Holsworthy have rumours like this most seasons i believe, especially of late, however, bugger all will change once more in my veiw.

Joey Scott, i have heard that rumour to, that players aren't happy traveling and such also, so a whole new team and management could be in shape there.

As for Millbrook, i have heard that mr bunney's job is perfectly safe for as long as he wants it.

Another Day another Rumour!!

Hasnt Mr scott stepped down about 4 times this season and then re-taken the post the next day ...lol ???? will it be for real this time then ...

Was at a 5 a side venue last night and heard dane bunny is going to be in charge next season , but has a nice little ace card to play this summer that will cause a few shocks ....dunno what that is ...maybe he would like to comment on it .......mr keano ?????

I was at goals. Near plymouth argyle . Be interesting to hear what you have heard ...... do you know the details ?? maybe a cheeky little pm to put me in the picture , or what the hell why not just post it here !!!

Guest The Villa Man

Darren Raven will be Manager of Plymstock next season . Bring a completely new team with him :thumbsup:

Scot Bamford to stay as Elburton Manager with Paul Smith as Assistant . :clapper:

You heard it here first !

Guest fromacrossthewater

Have also heard these rumours and apparently DR has been hanging around the Plymstock ground of late. If this is true will he stay all season?

Also it would be very interesting to know what Dane Bunney has up his sleeve. Disappointing to see Millbrook bottom of the league. Best of luck to them!!!

Guest The Villa Man

An Elburton Villa committee member let it slip at Saltash on Saturday , however he did also say that Elburton would stay up . :yahoo:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I'm not going to spill the beans, but Keano will have no problem being top half of the Div 1 West next season. How do I know ? Well we had a nice chat after the Newquay v Millbrook match and he told me of some of his plans for next season. Anyone with an interest in the club, should get behind Keano and enjoy the good times to come.

You want real rumours with no substance whatsoever, try these...

Trev to go back to Blazey, Carey back to Bodmin, Judge to become a Falmouth fan and Truro to come clean on everything !

Guest green 438

Heard at the weekend Andy Sargent will be managing Launston next year.

Looks likely he will have to stop playing as much due to a problem with his eyesight.

He is looking at his mate Paul VanHaisman as assistant who was managing in Sweeden last year but has decided to return to England in the summer.

Not sure if there is much truth in this and to be honest it may be the second team for a couple of seasons to bed him in.

If I hear any more I'll let you know;either way.

Guest Parkwaygimp

Is that the same Paul Van Haisman that once graced Chaddlewood Miners under 11's???? He was quality back then and kept himself in tip top condition.

Jannerlad-It is the very same person that graced Chaddlewood Miners, not just under 11's though....12's, 13's, 14's 15's.....then I discovered cider!

And Green438-rubbish rumour!

Have also heard these rumours and apparently DR has been hanging around the Plymstock ground of late. If this is true will he stay all season?

Also it would be very interesting to know what Dane Bunney has up his sleeve. Disappointing to see Millbrook bottom of the league. Best of luck to them!!!

believe me millbrook will be a much better club, (rather than squad or side) next season. just wait until the end of the season or possibly before for more info

Guest fromacrossthewater

Thought this topic was a rumours for 09/10 topic not an 'I know something you don't know!' under 11's type secret.

We could all come on here and say 'just wait til the summer to find out about something...'

The best thing that could happen to millbrook, in my opinion, is for them to start a fresh all over again... It is clear to see by their league position and the amount of talk about them on this forum that the players/management are out of their depth (or maybe they have just been unlucky).

Guest disco-robot

From across the water... you have a lot of opinions on millbrook perhaps even a slight grudge? and seem to want the current set up gone. Would this benefit you in anyway?

Guest fromacrossthewater

disco-robot -- you're right i do have lots of opinions but not only about milbrook. No grudge i'm afriad and just merely stating my opinion and a bit of fact. And that is they are bottom and things haven't gone too well for them this year.

Guest disco-robot

From what I can see, any topic related to Millbrook seems to attract derogatroy comments from you? Obviously they cannot escape the fact that they are bottom of the league, but I am sure that this isnt through a lack of commitment by both the players, manager and club. I would like to know of any manager u feel could have took on this job and manage to build a squad in a matter of weeks to compete with teams that are well established in cornwall. I think Bunney and the club should be commended for the week in week out commitment that being apart of a football club involves, and even though results havent gone their way this season, From what I have heard it looks as though the club is going in the right direction. Everyone seems to look at results, and jump on the comment bandwagon. Obviously at this point in the season there is not much more that can be done, but give the club some credit for puttting in battling performances every week, even in this current situation. Maybe if local football fans shown a bit of support to teams in this situation, in turning things around. Rather then calling for the head of the manager, and slating the majority of the players then opinions of the club maybe a little better. Many people have no idea what is going on in the background at clubs, and after speaking to people, It appears that Millbrook are looking at improving the club as a whole and looking to the future. Maybe people deserve a little more respect, in doing jobs to the best of their ability when things arent always going well. I would like to hear your views, as it is easy to sit here and write negative comments about clubs, when clubs put everything into making progress and ultimately improving themeselves. No club wishes to be struggling for results at the bottom of the league, but every league has these teams, what is your suggestion that every season 3 or 4 teams need to clear the manager, assistants, coaches and whole squad out, to improve?? I believe a club structure is more important, in which players have time to bond on and off pitch, be involved with the club, comfortable in the knowledge that the club has faith in them. Teams arent built overnight, you cn just grab a manager throw players together and go and win the league, it takes time, and a bit of support, from everyone.

Guest fromacrossthewater

Thanks for the quick response disco-robot. You are clearly in the know about the situation at millbrook. (maybe this is another one of the keano's alias' (maybe wrong here!!)) I do commend the commitment of the manager and the players, it must be hard not getting results but as someone looking from the outside it hasn't gone well for them this season and in my opinion (take it or bite) the right direction as you call it is not down the league. Maybe the news is that millbrook are leaving the swp league and going into the ecpl (just a thought thats all).

You are right disco-robot, it does take time but to build a squad but you, i mean mr bunney has had all season and not much has changed with results. It is my belief that some of the players there are committed but are out of their depth and the manager is probably treading water too with lack of contacts maybe. If you want my opinion I would keep the manager there but get in a much more experience / respected person to help him.

Maybe they could join forces with edgecombe, they seem to be doing well!!

Guest keano

ha ha , just for the record no im not , i have no idea who he is but thank him for his comments !

Just for the record , are you a detective ??

Guest disco-robot

Thanks for your comments from across the water. All I was trying to state was that many teams are in situations they don't want to be in, and I don't feel the answer is to remove everyone that was involved and start fresh. Obviously it is difficult for teams like millbrook to strengthen after the season has started. For a team that had no pre season together, and has continually changed weekly which I'm sure is not what the club, manager or other players wanted! I just felt it was about time to give some credit where It is due, millbrook when I have seen them and from people I have spoke to, the players and management have a positive attitude in that they never give up! And have pulled off good results against penryn and liskeard. Surely teams in Cornwall would like to see a millbrook team challenging for the league, an possibly creating local derbies again with torpoint in the future? Give the club a break and let them have some time to see what they can do! I'm sure with the new structure, some new signings and maybe some assistance for Bunney then things could happen, but what difference would it make if a new manager was brought in with new players? Bunney now knows the standard of the whole league, players to watch put for, condition of pitches, etc. Surely this is invaluable experience that he can take into next year! Don't recall a huge amount of takers for the job at the time of asking. And for the record I know Dane Bunney and have heard his points of view on the matters, as have I heard the large majority of other players, managers, and supporters views!!!

Guest Bigman1

I've also heard there are going to changes at cally next year, James Yates is going back Plymstock i've been told and Mason's are off to weymouth amongst other rumours. But at the end of the day it only takes one person to make something up and it spreads like wild fire. There's still loads of this season left to debate about!

indeed there is a long way to go yet. alot of talk has been about the bottom clubs on here predominatly millbrook and plymstock, presumably as they need to build for the future, however there has been very little on vospers who are down there, but with them winning of frequent weeks, does this suggest they have already built for next year and therefore stop most rumours? or are they simply not worried about next year yet?

Guest disco-robot

Congratulations to vospers on their two results, but they are far from re-built! The only people who talk about vospers on here are their own players... Which there are a fair few of... Isn't that right mr unorthodox??

Cally Mike, you are quite right that Tavy is my club and believe it or not I do not spend every night tossing and turning worrying about what is happening at Callington. However, having spent a number of years at Callington and hopefully helping the club progress I naturally have an interest in seeing Callington do well and it is great to see the first team more than holding their own this season.

If Callington are a community club and the fact that my youngest lad is captain of one of 'your' youth teams then maybe what goes on at Callington is of interest to me, or is it not?

Also, you are more than happy to make comments on Millbrook. How do you spell hipocrosy?

Anyway, it's good that you appear passionate about Callington and keep up your good work.

Cally Mike, you are quite right that Tavy is my club and believe it or not I do not spend every night tossing and turning worrying about what is happening at Callington. However, having spent a number of years at Callington and hopefully helping the club progress I naturally have an interest in seeing Callington do well and it is great to see the first team more than holding their own this season.

If Callington are a community club and the fact that my youngest lad is captain of one of 'your' youth teams then maybe what goes on at Callington is of interest to me, or is it not?

Also, you are more than happy to make comments on Millbrook. How do you spell hipocrosy?

Anyway, it's good that you appear passionate about Callington and keep up your good work.

that is because Ian I have spoken to the manager about the past and we are starting afresh. again your young lad plays for the youth team great but he is young. he is not old enough to even consider the first team at all so the first team affairs is not youth. hope he continues his enthusiasm. have you brought your son to a callington game this season, even though you have tavy committments. So if you dont go to games, the news of what the club does has nothing to do with you. not being rude. i.e. rumours has nothing to do with people whatsoever. Yes your free to state what you think but when someone connected to the club i.e. me says that no one is going anywhere then listen to it and accept it. again if anything happens im sure you will be informed somehow.

just 2 let u good people no, iv had no contact from these good clubs, if every time i turn up at a game with my son then i would be running alot of sides.Lol. And i had my reasons 4 leaving Buckfastliegh and thay wir put in paper, if club moving in right direction than i would have no need 2 leave. hope this stop any rumours.Darren Raven.

mike i doubt whether southy was on about massey going to callington as he looks near certain to be at ivybridge, he had a scheduled meeting for last thursday only to be called off at the last minute. I heard theres a split between committee members on whether its the right thing for the club.

I've also heard there are going to changes at cally next year, James Yates is going back Plymstock i've been told and Mason's are off to weymouth amongst other rumours. But at the end of the day it only takes one person to make something up and it spreads like wild fire. There's still loads of this season left to debate about!

I also heard this from a couple of people watching the game at callington on saturday about the Masons. Is there any truth in this? and as for yates he looks out of place in the callington side, not good enough for callington, probably not good enough for this league....