Cornwall Football Forum

county sunday cup

Guest badgerboy

Does seem a strange choice for a "neutral" ground. Better load up the cans if there aint a bar. Who are the favourites for this one?

Dont have a clue about the favourites but St Teath are very strong if they are sobber.I think they may actually turn up in a reasonable state for this one.As for the beer a couple of busses booked for the day,one for players and spectators and the other for the boose,looking forward to a chelsea supporters day out complete with the bouncy,bouncy anthem,that we have been learning for the past 12 months!.

St Teath will win quite comfortably. They knocked us out of the Sunday cup 1-0, the only team to prevent us scoring all season though we did have the ball in the net the ref had already blown and wasn't able to play advantage to us. We have St Blazey in the semi final of our knockout cup this Sunday. They lost 2-1 away at Foxhole yesterday, a match on paper they should've won. http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/carlyonarmsfc01/league_table.pl

We played St Blazey on Sunday in the semi-final of the Knock-out cup @ sticker and won 3-2. They gave us a really hard game even after going down to 10 men. At one point they led 2-1 with 10 minutes to go. They play a neat, tidy passing game yet seem to have the "Arsenal" problem of sticking the ball in the net. The referee Sunday made some terrible decisions in our favour which resulted in their players and management completely losing it, in total they had a player, their manager and one other sent off. In the end their manager was more concerned with abusing people than encouraging his team. Treginissey noted that in beating them 2-1 several weeks ago the St Blazey players heads dropped due to the verbal lashings the players took from their own bench. Knowing Steve Kay (from his St Breward days) and who now runs St Teath, his team will backed to the hilt Sunday regardless of how they perform.

St Blazey on a whole are a magnificent Cornish sporting institution, I have played football, pool and euchre against the club over the last 20 years and always find people associated with the club 1st class. The referee on Sunday made some really bad decisions, 99% being against St Blazey. I even tried to explain that they should have had a corner rather than the goal kick awarded to us but the ref stuck to his guns. 5 minutes prior a goal kick was awarded to us when clearly the St Blazey winger had been fouled. The sending off of the player was warranted after a cynical challenge but I'm not sure he would have charged in like that if St Blazey had had so many wrong calls go against them. I find it hard to understand how St Blazey have lost 5 league games this season compared to our 1 and are out of both divisional cups where as we are in both finals. They are quite clearly a gifted footballing side yet seem to have an albatross on their shoulder.

I would like to ask the Chairman where he feels he can comment on a game at which he was not at ?

Also as the only St Blazey officer present and having not been consulted about the game by any other officer feel concerned as to how he can speak on behalf of our officers.

With regards to the ref it's probably best if i say nothing however one of the Carlyon Arms boys needs to address his behaviour and attitude during games when families are watching. Unforunately the ref didn't see what he had done (didn't see much else either), mysteriously the assistant referee (the player in question's relative) claimed he didn't see it either although he was looking right at it.

All in all a perfectly good game of football spoilt by a referee who was determined to be the main attraction.

Good luck to Carlyon Arms in the final from Le Chenz

:SM_carton:

To be fair Vince, Sunday football will never take pride of place over Saturdays and nor should it.

Next committee meeting is best place to air views not in public on here!

As club sec and surely with clubs best interests in heart you should know that!

:drink:

To be fair the Sunday team have never expected to take priority over the first or second team. We know where we stand in the pecking order and only ask that we are consulted before people go on here and write about things they have limited knowledge of. :smiley20: :smiley20:

LE chenz, a chance for the lads to enjoy themselves on the day,good support for both teams by the sounds of things,plenty of banter hopefully the beer will flow afterwards.Steve Kay will be well supported by his team and supporters alike,should be a good day all round.

Just a little message for Bumdingo !

Cornwall Sunday Cup Final result

St Blazey 4 St Teath 2

Good game played in the right spirit withj no spoilt children like behaviour displayed (unlike sandy no.11).

St Teath are a good side and very competitive but St Blazey just edged it after extra time. St Teath were very gracious and excellent sportsman which made it a special day for all in attendance.

Unfortunately a kick in the teeth for that well known football pundit Bumdingo as he predicted a comfortable win for St Teath.

:yahoo::drink::clapper: B)

Le Chenz, a completely unwarranted dig at me for no other reason than I went for a St Teath win in the Sunday cup. It's an opionion which when put constructively I believe everyone is entitled to? Why would it be a kick in the teeth? How does it have an effect on my life whichever team wins? Our no.11 may well have acted incorrectly when we played you, I for one certainly didn't and if you care to consult any of your players I went out of my way to reverse a poor decision given against your team by the referee. I would also like to point out that I credited St Blazey with playing excellent football against us last week, I take it that type of punditry you are happy with? I hope when we play you on Sunday in the league both teams can concentrate on the football rather than spending 90 minutes hurling insults and / or kicking lumps out of each other. Congratulations on winning the Sunday Cup.

as a neutral observer at the battle of sticker i have to say i felt sorry for st blazey as to say they had some bad decisions would be an understatement as both the referee and the linesman i am afraid are either both totally incompetant or plain simply cheats as there decisions lets say were out of this world.. as for the officials from st blazey they have nothing to say sorry for accept for being passionate about football i suggest some ppl who post on here should go to games before they slag of some of there own ppl...well done to st blazey for winning thank heavens they have at least 1 succesful local team playing for them

As a player for Carlyon Arms @ the "battle of Sticker" my posts reflected the poor decisions that went against St Blazey and the fact that even with 10 men they played the better football. Therefore I fail to understand Le Chenz's attempts to trade insults on this site with me.

Guest weeble

Here here Vince! A fantastic performance by all yesterday, after all the disappointment and frustration at the ridiculously unfair decisions of last weeks match, the success was sweet as we lifted the trophy a very well deserved win. More so as this is the first season that the team have been put together.

Also the fantastic number of supporters who turned out to watch a winning St Blazey side, hope they weren't scouting- hands off our Sunday team!!!! At least one piece of silverwear in the cabinet this season St Blazey.

Well done to all the players, with Sweeter coming up trumps with two goals, Dave Rodgers, and the Willcock posse in action, great goal by Ross Willcock, bad luck to Jamie Willcock, who was injured while warming up, but has played great in the other cup matches, and the fab mascot Callum Willcock who no doubt will be signing for the side in a few years time. Probably a few sore heads today as the party was in full swing post match yesterday!!!! WELL DONE ST BLAZEY :smiley20::drink: :thumbsup:

Well done St Blazey.from everyone at St Teath,sorry we didnt join in your celebrations at your club something had already been arranged at mount charles we thought both teams would be there on neutral grounds so to speak .You lads deserved it and it was a pleasure to be involved on the day.

Rappo you are right mate sweeter was superb,as where you in the vets final last year it really is time for you old buggers to hang up your boots.Got Sweeter number though just in case he wants to play again!

Le Chenz, both teams are aware the ref made some interesting decisions that day, that said it was not the fault of Carlyon Arms, the linesman or anyone associated with them. As anyone involved with football knows sometimes ref's make decisions we don't agree with thats life get over it !! I am amazed you feel the need to continue with the unsporting attitude. Our linesman on that day is a well respected referee who loves the game of football and does nothing other than give honest decisions. The Sandy player having suffered horrendous abuse throughout the game from players and supporters apparently did an unusual celebration when he scored, that does not Le Chenz give you the right to threaten violence to him and the referee quite rightly asked you to leave the technical area. You were the team who had 3 sent off including yourself, Carylon Arms didn't so to be honest they are the more disciplined team. Respect for ref's and officials what respect displayed by your some of your supporters, players and management.

One thing Carlyon Arms don't do is cheat, take defeat graciously rather than making yourself look an idiot.

That said, Congratulations on winning the Cup final on Sunday, St Teath are a good side . Now can we look forward to a good game of football in the league on Sunday where banter is accepted and cut out this malicious, nasty, childish talk. :smiley20:

First post, and i think its fair.

The battle of sticker? Really was it a battle? Was there ever a really nasty tackle? I think not.

I mean even the guy trying his hardest to dance like Nobby was still chatty at the end of it. And passed on some useful infomation about St Teath. (Thanks!)

I'm not one to have a go at refs, but he was shocking! :SM_carton: for you! His attitude was wrong from the start, very aggresive and blind. Not a great combination!

Surely a semi final in any cup should have officials who can see. Blazey weren't getting anything from him from the start. That was clear for all to see, hence the frustration of some players and officials. Which I know is unacceptable for some but then those people probably don't play sport of any type.

Level playing fields are all we ask for!

When Vinnie got sent off (away), The sandy player surely knows now that the choice of celebration was probably not the best. Did the linesman tell the ref about it? No (fact). And if i remember correctly it wasn't a big issue until the linesman called the ref over.

It was a derby, not a dirty one. Just one with lots of banter and a poor ref. No need getting upset with banter either just give some back, our dancing friend seems to get a bit teasy! He got wound up by Jimmy he's like 11 or something!

Anyway I thought it was a great game, by two good teams.

The final another good game, my two good teams. And don't think you'll find one St teath player who would say we were setting a bad example, in terms of behaviour or sportsmanship.

'The Chairman'

May I apologise for the unsatisfactory behaviour of certain persons associated with our Sunday team.

No Officers of the Club condone such antics which do nothing for us and football generally

You weren't at the game, bet you were there sunday though!

I can't imagine you witnessed anything that displeased you for several hours, I bet your somewhat disappointed I can only appologise, as i'm sure you were hoping for more to moan about.

One last thing, a big THANK YOU! to everyone.

I've got a nice shinny county cup winners medal, made all the better by the fact that we weren't given a chance by many.

p.s. Weeble (Dave Rogers) has NO D in ROGERS!!!!! I know he gets annoyed at that!

the only reason that mr chenz got sent from the field (even tho he didnt leave haha) was because this so called referee that was running the line for carlyon arms called the ref from hell over to report him for threatening his son who had just offered to masterbate over mr chenz......but what a shock he didnt see the offending player( well he wudnt wud he) , even though all the spectators including me saw it and we were on the opposite side, but yes i take your point that apart from that moron no 11 the game was actually a good advert for sunday football. lets hope this so called greatly respected referee/linesman forgets to pack his blinkers this weekend and the game passes without any masterbation on the pitch

First post, and i think its fair.

The battle of sticker? Really was it a battle? Was there ever a really nasty tackle? I think not.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, YES THERE WAS SEVERAL BAD TACKLES THE MOST OBVIOUS ONE BEING THE SENDING OFF WHEN YOUR PLAYER WENT STRAIGHT THROUGH THE BACK OF OUR FOWARD 2 MINUTES AFTER BEING BOOKED FOR PROTESTING THE REFEREES INCORRECT CORNER CALL.

I'm not one to have a go at refs, but he was shocking! :SM_carton: for you! His attitude was wrong from the start, very aggresive and blind. Not a great combination!

YOUR BENCH WERE ON THE BACK OF THE REFEREE AFTER ABOUT 2 MINUTES WHEN OUR MASTURBATING NO.10 AND ONE OF YOUR MIDFIELDERS CHALLENGED FOR THE BALL, BOTH PLAYERS MADE HONEST ATTEMPTS AT GETTING THE BALL. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THE ST BLAZEY BENCH WERE SHOUTING AT THE REFEREE ASKING HIM IF HE WAS GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT? UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU GUYS HE SPENT THE OTHER 88 MINUTES DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT BY TURNING AWAY ALL YOUR CLAIMS FOR FREE KICKS, CORNERS, THROWS ETC. I BELIEVE THERE MAY BE A MORAL IN THERE SOMEWHERE.

Surely a semi final in any cup should have officials who can see. Blazey weren't getting anything from him from the start. That was clear for all to see, hence the frustration of some players and officials. Which I know is unacceptable for some but then those people probably don't play sport of any type.

Level playing fields are all we ask for!

When Vinnie got sent off (away), The sandy player surely knows now that the choice of celebration was probably not the best. Did the linesman tell the ref about it? No (fact). And if i remember correctly it wasn't a big issue until the linesman called the ref over.

WHEN ST BLAZEY EQUALISED BEFORE HALF TIME THE PLAYER WHO SCORED STOOD OVER OUR DEFENDER WHO WAS PRONE ON THE FLOOR BENT DOWN CLENCHED HIS FISTS AND MOUTHED OFF AT HIM. IS THIS WHAT ST BLAZEY TEACHES IT'S PLAYERS TO DO WHEN THEY SCORE? I DON'T CONDONE OUR PLAYERS ACTIONS THOUGH I BELIEVE WHAT YOU DESCRIBE AS BANTER MAY ACTUALLY BE TAKEN AS INSULTS TO THE PERSON ON THE RECEIVING END. SOME PEOPLE HAVE THICKER SKIN THAN OTHERS.

It was a derby, not a dirty one. Just one with lots of banter and a poor ref. No need getting upset with banter either just give some back, our dancing friend seems to get a bit teasy! He got wound up by Jimmy he's like 11 or something!

Anyway I thought it was a great game, by two good teams.

The final another good game, my two good teams. And don't think you'll find one St teath player who would say we were setting a bad example, in terms of behaviour or sportsmanship.

'The Chairman'

May I apologise for the unsatisfactory behaviour of certain persons associated with our Sunday team.

No Officers of the Club condone such antics which do nothing for us and football generally

You weren't at the game, bet you were there sunday though!

I can't imagine you witnessed anything that displeased you for several hours, I bet your somewhat disappointed I can only appologise, as i'm sure you were hoping for more to moan about.

One last thing, a big THANK YOU! to everyone.

I've got a nice shinny county cup winners medal, made all the better by the fact that we weren't given a chance by many.

p.s. Weeble (Dave Rogers) has NO D in ROGERS!!!!! I know he gets annoyed at that!

well your the 1 known as bum lol

SAYS TARQUIN "MASTURBATES" UNDERBLANKET

I can confirm we have got a strong referee this weekend. I have a feeling it will be a spicey game too, though it would be better if both teams go out and try and play a game of football and let the best team win. I know that you didn't make the gesture Mr Tarpaulin, I was playing on your name in a similar vein to you playing on mine!

Guest HammeredHome

Now now children lets calm down wats with all the name calling?????

I think people have made several good points in this thread and its clear that noone will win this argument.

All we can hope is that after sunday people will be talking about the football that was played not the referee.

However, I must add that St Blazey has been made out to be the main offender during the semi final I for one feel both teams gave as good as they received. At no point did Graham protest innocence after his bad challenge but I also seem to remember a certain player striking Graham in the back of the head during open play after being fairly dispossesed.

Also whilst running the line in the second half I gave a corner in Carlyon Arms favour but was overruled by what I loosely call a referee. I was then abused for the remainder of the half and called a cheat for not calling him over and explaining to the ref in detail exactrly why it was a corner.

Between all this however football was played and was at times of a very good quality (both teams). I think both teams should start afresh on sunday and let the football do the talking.

my my my it seems to have livened up in here !!!!

well i for one hope that football does the talking on Sunday !!!

Can't actually remember being childish at any point but everyone is entitled to an opinion !!!

Come on you Blazey !!

CORNWALL SUNDAY CUP CHAMPS :c: :yahoo:

Guest HammeredHome

Carlyon Arms abused you for awarding them a corner then not remonstrating with the ref when he over ruled you?

Several fans seemed to feel that as linesman it was my place to take control of the game and instead of accept the referee's decision (because after all we all have to respect the ref :thumbsup: ) I should have argued my case as to why his decision was wrong.

But after I kindly offered to hand said fans the flag to do the job themselves they remained rather subdued afterwards, which I found rather strange as surely they wanted the game to remain fairly ajudicated.

I think you'll agree being called a cheat when I was trying to do an honest job isn't really what I get up early for on a sunday morning.

Either way good luck sunday it should be a good game and this time we'll all be able to have a laugh and a drink in the club afterwards.

I totally agree with you, I would have dropped the flag there and then had I been accused of cheating. It's a thankless task running the line on a Sunday morning, you're not out playing and you can't even enjoy the game as a spectacle as you are constantly keeping up with play.

I will make one further comment regarding St Blazey's triumph. Although I believed St Teath would win it's my belief and I have posted this before the Sunday Cup should remain a competition for Sunday league teams and not an invitational cup. On that basis I'm delighted St Blazey won and great that they represent "our" league.

Guest HammeredHome

To be honest I think what went on in the match has been blown out of proportions. When it comes down to it the referee lost control of the match. End of Story in my opinion. Everyone shook hands at the end and apart from the celebration which may or may not have taken place the second half was contested well under the circumstances.

And why this has been brought up on a totally unrelated thread i dont know. Especially by someone who never even wanted this sunday team in the first place and who wasn't even present in the first place. I think Le Chenz is rite to point things like this out. If the chairman spent half the time he does on this site actually in the club talking to the people who go there everyday we mite have people coming to watch the other two teams that "supposedly" represent the club. My add Le Chenz has put in tireless hours to improve the club that we all love and bring back times where you couldn't even walk around inside the club on a saturday for all the people there. I fear St Blazey Club is becoming a joke when it should be remembered how it always has been - Arguably the biggest Football Club in Cornwall.

It'd be nice to get a congratulations from the "Commitee" at some point as well :clapper: