Cornwall Football Forum

I Dont Get All This Critisism

Guest citylad

The title of this thread is - I don't get all this critisism (spelt incorrectly) about Truro City...

Perhaps he does now !

Why do you feel the need to point this out who cares if he spelt a word wrong.

And why do you feel the need to have constant digs at the club fair enough if you don't like heaney but the point is before he as you say conned local buisnesses out of 50k you were still have digs at the club before that. The point is if you supported a club with a good financial backing however much you didn't like what the owner does you would not have a problem and if people had a dig at your club i'm sure you would yet again have a comeback to defend your club.

The title of this thread is - I don't get all this critisism (spelt incorrectly) about Truro City...

Perhaps he does now !

Why do you feel the need to point this out who cares if he spelt a word wrong.

And why do you feel the need to have constant digs at the club fair enough if you don't like heaney but the point is before he as you say conned local buisnesses out of 50k you were still have digs at the club before that. The point is if you supported a club with a good financial backing however much you didn't like what the owner does you would not have a problem and if people had a dig at your club i'm sure you would yet again have a comeback to defend your club.

Picking up when a lad has spelt one word wrong just goes to show what a nasty bit of work the Judge is.

And Citylad you are quite correct,the Judge was having a go at Kevin Heaney and Truro football club years before the debts to local businessmen came to light.In fact i've been on this forum for the past 3 years and he has been throwing insults about Kevin Heaney and Truro City as long as I can remember.I know we take the brunt of his nasty posts but we are not alone,he will have a go at any other club be it Foxhole, Perran, or especially any other club that puts one over his beloved Newquay.You can reply to as many of his posts as you like but I have found out you are just wasteing your time as he will never see another persons point of view.Just leave it to whatever turns him on.

Somersetspur, we can't help it if your relatives are plastered. You're clearly a Friedmanite rather than a Keynesian, but that's understandable as being stuck up a pole breeds economic isolationism. I don't think City will ever be truly great while they wear shirts that look so horribly close to a Tottingham kit. They should switch to green and black like the other top sides in this independent nation forthwith. :c:

So, if Kevin sold the club tomorrow, and walked away, and then Truro were taken over by, say, Martin Follett, owner and partner in Follett-Stock Solicitors, that all this criticism would go away? Not on your nelly!!!

It's purely and simply that because Kevin took put his neck out to bail the club out, and have a plan to have them playing in the league, that everyone dislikes, if he'd taken over their club, I very much doubt we'd be seeing certain people's comments on this section of the forum!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Is it any wonder that Isaac has to offer private English lessons when so many of you idiots cannot or refuse to read what is put in front of you.

TRY THIS AGAIN...

I had no problem with Truro City AFC as they were then or the good folk who ran the club. I objected to the motives behind the takeover, in order to gain the land currently used for football on Treyew Rd, move the club out into the sticks (rescue them) and possibly make a huge profit from the land which was owned by the club at the time. The owners actions since have not endered him to me in any way.

If someone came along and wanted to do the same to Newquay, buy the very valuable land at Mount Wise and dump us miles from anywhere, you would find me at the front the protest. Not that that could happen as the members own the club and the ground is leased until 2073, whereas Treyew Rd was an easy target for a businessman looking to 'rescue' a club in debt.

As for picking on him, no just taking a socially moral stance on the fact that he would rather pay people to play football than honour the debt he owes to hardworking trades folk. If he is worth £100m as has been suggested in the press, then a mere £50k is just peanuts to him but could potentially stop a business going under and put food on tables. I also detest all those away from Truro City who have done the same to small businesses.

For people to actually defend him or anyone else for not paying up when they can clearly afford to, just shows what pond life they are.

NOW SHUT UP AND FIND A REASON TO DEFEND HEANEY !

If you can actually read English and comprehend the words above, you will find that you will not post again as you cannot argue any of the points above.

I would very much doubt that Mr Heaney has anything close to a fortune of £100m or £140m or whatever other figure has been reported in the press. His inclusion on the Sunday Times' Rich List was based upon the paper valuation of his (now failed) housebuilding business and that was dependant upon the profits being earned at the time. He won't be in the list this year!

As for his motivations, one can only speculate although I have a certain sympathy with the views expressed by The Judge. Truro fans might just enjoy the higher standard football and ignore the business element to the club. Truro players will have to decide whether to trust their deferred wages will be paid at the end of the season, if press reports about delayed payments are true.

I know that the benefit of the doubt won't be granted to Mr Heaney by many local buisness folk and the players will have to make their decision based upon their read of the situation. Equally, Mr Heaney will need to decide whether he still has the interest and the cash to continue the club's rise through the leagues.

BigG,

The Judge only moved to Cornwall because he hoped to be a big fish in a smaller bowl, then he ended up with little ole Newquay.

Judge questioned why I reside outside the Duchy, too many ass wipes from outside the Duchy moving in may have had something to do with it.

The Judge may question my loyalty but my first Truro City experiences commenced in the 1940's, even though I am entering middle age, I am sure I still cover more miles following Truro City than the Judge does supporting Newquay.

Must say I'm disappointed in you Mountaineer as I'm one of the "ass wipes" and I certainly did not come here to be a big fish in a small bowl as you put it.

I moved from Hillingdon 38 years ago when the influx from without was just a trickle where it is now a flood. I cannot see why you chose to move up there into the quagmire of human detriment.

I wonder if there is a forum up there criticising your import.

Guest Peppermint

I agree with Mr Chairman - Mountaineer's crass and inane comment about 'ass wipes' is completely uncalled for. There are good and bad people in every County whether they be locals or so called imports.

Why do some people have to be so agreesive - it does nothing for the Forum and the comment about The Judge and he does not travel as far as Mountaineer watching his team is not really relevant because he cannot only travel to the places that Newquay play at! Before any City supporters jump down my throat - this is not a criticism of your club but a comment about an uncalled for posting from one of your followers.

I'm with Chairman and Peppermint regarding Mountaineer's exceptionally crass comments. I'm Cornish and proud of my heritage but would not stoop to such subterranean levels of generalisation; comments of Mountaineer's nature do not help in any way whatsoever. :SM_carton::SM_carton:

On a personal level I take great objection to these comments ... my wife is from Bristol ! Perhaps Mountaineer would like to take me up on an invitation to make his inane comment to her directly ... I can envisage the outcome !! :lol: :lol:

Thanks Mountaineer for being the atypical Truro fan, avoiding the actual subject and aiming a completely nonsensical and inane dig at me (again). Mrs Judge would like you to know that she be a fair Cornish Maid, a loyal Newquay Supporter and generally all round top bird with great taste (I tend to agree with her, saves arguments)

As for degrading your beloved Cornwall as 'A Small Pond', I'm sure many of the locals will disagree with you as indeed do I. A Big fish, not too sure about that, big mouth definately, especially when it comes to pointing out the bleeding obvious to blinkered, brainwashed Truro fans.

As Mrs Judge has pointed out, if all the folk who appear to want to have a pop at me turned up for the Truro City SWPL match v Newquay at Treyew Rd on Weds 25th March 7.30pm K.O., Newquay fans in the ground will still outnumber the so called home support. Or perhaps they will all be skint after watching the City Gas team the night before as an excuse not to turn up.

SEE YOU THERE GUYS !

Newquay will double that figure with those that travel the very short distance (Mountaineer) from Mount Wise, just as we did down at PZ. I get the feeling that I should be on commission from the owner, some will certainly just turn up to have a pop at me - No problem with that, but I hope they remember that my money will probably be welcomed by the owner if he is as skint as he makes out.

Just when I think this thread is dying down someone goes and throws a 'banger' into the embers..!!

Anyway - no comments from me on that -

But,

Apologies from me in advance Mr.Judge - I will be out of the Country for the Newquay match - so I will not get to meet you..!

Very bad planning on my part as I will also be away for the possible league-clincher against Windsor the day before.

Guest Peppermint

Perhaps Jasa should have alook at the league table since that defeat and see what directions both clubs have taken since that game.

The game at Mount Wise was one that Newquay could not put the ball in the net and to Truro's credit they did twice.

Beware the Peppermints have a new striker and have added more players to the squad so perhaps Jasa might like to reflect on that before celebrating too much!!!!!!

Mountaineer - strangely quiet after his outburst and unwanted and unwarranted remark - I thought he might be big enough to apologise for the crass comment but that would be asking too much!!!!!!

If we were completely honest the first period of the season was our honeymoon. Of our squad this season 10 were playing FH2, Mining 2 or Mining 3 last season, only 4 were playing senior and 4 are in their first season of adult football. This has therefore come back to bite us in the bum but all in all we would definitely have taken mid table at the start of the season. Yes we have slipped off but I thought I would just put The Judge into his place as he really does have no other reason to dislike Truro other than he just dislikes them (he is a Chelsea fan remember). And before the local businesses that didn't get paid comes up from him again, yes I agree it is wrong, but do you dislike Woolworth's owners? The company I work at was close to doing a £750,000 deal with them when they knew they were going under? Do you have sympathy for them now? how about XL nearly taking West Ham with them? What about Weymouth?

I just thought I would mention the above as this shows that Truro do look at the local community for players and 5 have been involved with the first team. Just training with the guys improves your game, so if any youngsters out there do want to fulfill their true ability instead of being big fishes, it's a very good place to come as it will further you. It's also nice seeing grounds you've never played at before.

I have also played for Truro for 11 years, with a 2 year gap! Do they oust locals? Theres 4 in our side that have been there for at least 5 years!

Another quality response from Truros Mr M !

I think the rest of us should give these poor deluded souls a break now, they havn't come up with one single sensible answer to any of the comments or points raised, the one brain cell they share is obviously worn out.

I think the rest of us should give these poor deluded souls a break now, they havn't come up with one single sensible answer to any of the comments or points raised, the one brain cell they share is obviously worn out.

YOU ONLY GIVE A SENSIBLE ANSWER,TO SOME ONE SENSIBLE,SO CANT ANSWER TO YOU AND UPCOUNTRY TEDDYBOY. :c::c::c::c: :c:

Guest citylad

Your one to talk

i dont see any sense in your jealous posts

COME ON CITY :yahoo:

Well thats a quality reply from Jasa - nice one...!!

Its also nice to hear from one of the players.

Anyway -

Most of us are supporters or club helpers standing up for our own clubs - perhaps there could be a place somewhere on this Forum for a 'Banter' section where we could all trade similar exchanges without cluttering genuine football-related posts..!!

The best way to answer all your questions Judge is on the pitch,which we do week in week out.

Guest Peppermint

What has happened to the Mountaineer - obviously stuck up the Alps and not able to post an apology for his offensive posting that denegrated all non Cornish residents and tarred them all with the same brush.

What has happened to the Mountaineer - obviously stuck up the Alps and not able to post an apology for his offensive posting that denegrated all non Cornish residents and tarred them all with the same brush.

sorry peppermint.one of your silly posts,how on earth is any thing he said,be any thing to do with us,its the same when we hear all that crap from the judge,you say its not newquays veiws,its his ,my missis is a scoucer but she dosnt go around nicking every ones wheel caps. :c: :clapper:

Guest Peppermint

Truro's Mr M - sorry if my posting gave you the impression that I was attaching any blame to Truro City regarding Mountaineer's crass posting. It was just the fact that he implied that all people that come to Cornwall are in his words 'ass wipes'.

That was all I was referring to nothing to do with Truro City and it was posted on this section because that is where he made the statement. A number of posters have objected to his comments.

No criticism of your club is implied - just the silly statement by Mountaineer.

Good win for City yesterday.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one, but I think Mountaineer may be away on holiday, hence no reply from him yet.

You are right 'City Fan' I have been away, since returning I have had to finish the decorating I left before my 'Jolly', maybe I should sell the house, I am hardy here much, Three trips to Cornwall, Five to Ireland, Two to the USA and Six other countries visited since April 2008, not forgetting sailing around the North and South Atlantic with the Caribbean Sea in between, on top of that there have been a number of Truro City Away games.

Beaconsfield SYCOB on Saturday should be a classic.

As for my comment, I don't owe The Judge any apology, I was only replying to the "Toilet" humour directed towards my home town club, there was no need for anyone else to get upset. Mr Chairman, we have always corresponded in the right manner and I am sorry if you took offence because it was not intended as a general comment and I have always respected you, as for Peppermint, there was no venom directed at him - I like Peppermints :rolleyes: .

I could be away from the threads quite a lot, I have to find seven more countries to visit to get to my ton, maybe yodelling in the Alps would draw someones attention.

The End......................................on this thread................................................... :smiley20:

:c: If Kernow was recognised as a country I would be on 94.

May I say I'm glad you've come back on Mountaineer because I felt your offending post re "immigrants"into Cornwall was out of character and not worthy of you.

My observation of the banter on here is that Truro followers seem to take the bait too quickly and take too much to heart and personally.

On a much smaller scale, when we had 10 years of virtual dominance under Trevor Mewton, we were an easy target to pop at. It goes with success and must be taken for what it is, just banter.which is very much the essence of following a team.

This is a place for many opinions amongst friends, long may it continue.

I love Truro City supporters, so thin skinned.

If they aren't up a ladder cleaning windows, licking Heaney's boots or showing off about where they have been they are on here trying to defend the indefencable.

Thinking about Truro and Weymouth, how long before Truro youth team are playing in the Southern League?

:P :D

Guest Peppermint

I will echo Chairman's comments - I only objected to one remark and hopefully that is the end of it. Hopefully City Fan can get off the fence becuse that might be uncomfortable!!!!!

Good luck with the travels Mountaineer.

If they aren't up a ladder cleaning windows, licking Heaney's boots or showing off about where they have been they are on here trying to defend the indefencable.

Thinking about Truro and Weymouth, how long before Truro youth team are playing in the Southern League?

:P:D

look mr up country teddy boy,no iam thick skin not going to rise to a ,,, like you :c::c: :drink:

Thanks for the comment Peppermint, I think I have earned my travels having slaved away in industry for 50 years, the twilight years have to be a buzz whilst we are still able to enjoy them.

If as indicated on anothers posting (CTB), I were thin skinned, I with others in the family wouldn't be sponsoring three clubs competing in the same league division (SW) as Truro, I admit I wouldn't like one of them to stop City gaining promotion but they have an inferior fan base to Truro, although having our favourite teams we are concerned about the wellbeing of others who don't have the advantage of a Mr. H. As Tesco advertise 'every little helps'.

Here's hoping everyone continue enjoying their sport.

look mr up country teddy boy,no iam thick skin not going to rise to a ,,, like you :c::c::drink:

By answering you are thin skinned as you also added an insult. I win again. :yahoo:

look mr up country teddy boy,no iam thick skin not going to rise to a ,,, like you :c::c::drink:

By answering you are thin skinned as you also added an insult. I win again. :yahoo:

C T B this thread is getting just plain stupid,that is the sort of comment that I would expect to hear in a primary school playground.Two words come to mind, (GROW UP )

I will echo Chairman's comments - I only objected to one remark and hopefully that is the end of it. Hopefully City Fan can get off the fence becuse that might be uncomfortable!!!!!

Good luck with the travels Mountaineer.

I would get off the fence, but then I wouldn't have as good a view of City playing at home as I do now. :D

As for getting silly, I do feel this thread is getting away from the point.

I'm sure every club will go through a time when others really hate them, and Truro are currently in that position, and honestly, I don't think it's jealousy, it is because of the way people have acted, and put others' noses out of joint to get what they want. At the end of the day it was wrong for the chairman to act the way he did not just to the local companies, but in other ways which I've heard snippets about, but not heard the whole story to make a judgement, but at the end of the day, we're supporting the team and club, not just an individual, so we do have thick skins.

Perhaps even Judge was pleased to see Truro lift the Vase back in 2007, if only for different owners? I'd love to be in the financial position to take over the club and try and right some wrongs, but I don't do the lottery to get there.