Cornwall Football Forum

Youth Football twinning

Guest Cleguerec

Guest Cleguerec

I am a coach (under 12s) and committee member of the Ecole de Foot de Cleguerec in Central Brittany. Cleguerec is a football mad village of just under three thousand inhabitants but boasts two senior clubs, a veterans club, and the youth section, the Ecole de Foot de Cleguerec.

We are about 1hr 30 drive from the ferry port at Roscoff .

The youth section currently has 110 registered youngsters and we run teams at all age groups from under 8s through to under 18s.

We are looking to make contact with similar youth teams in Cornwall to create a “football twinning” so that we could play the occasional affordable friendly or tournament both here in Brittany or in Cornwall. If any club is interested in exploring this idea perhaps they would like to make contact.

Treve Crago.

Ecole de Foot de Cleguerec :c:

Guest Phil Dingle

Hi my name is Phil Dingle and I am the Chairman of Charlestown Youth Football Club. We currently have about 350 children registered with our club ranging from 5 - 16 years both boys and girls. We also have a ladies team and as from next year will also have a mens team. We run a tournament the first weekend of July each year and would be delighted if any of your teams would like to participate.

If you would like to make contact, please go to www.charlestown-football.co.uk to find my email details. I look forward to hearing from you.

• 2 months later...
Guest Cleguerec

Many thanks for all the messages and phone calls. The kids from Cleguerec (central Brittany) will be playing at the Charlestown tournament first weekend of July :thumbsup:

As a young player in Falmouth Town's Youth section many, many years ago we travelled to Douardonai (spelling?) in Brittany to play in the Mondial Puppellis tournament. We were invited as Falmouth and Douardonai were twin towns, but the experience was fantastic, playing against the youth teams of Nantes, AS Cannes and Napoli amongst others.

I'd seriously recommend it to other clubs. If nothing else, it will open players/coaches/parents eyes on the 'correct' way to play football as opposed to our 'if in doubt put it out' football! ;)

Would definately agree with the professer there.we played a few tournaments in holland,belgium and france as kids and it was the highlight of the year! found that we seemed alot stronger physically which they found hard to cope with if you could get the ball off them that was!!! they tend to be so much better technically.but as the prof said,a great learning curve and experience for the kids.great to play in some other countries and the facilities usually put ours to shame! :thumbsup: