Cornwall Football Forum

REFEREE'S REFEREE OF THE YEAR 2008

WE HAD TO WAIT UNTIL THE END OF DECEMBER BUT SHE WAS WORTH WAITING FOR !!!

ANITA'S STEP-FATHER DIED ON XMAS MORNING AFTER A BATTLE WITH CANCER, THE FOLLOWING DAY SHE RAN THE LINE AT NEWQUAY V GODOLPHIN IN FRONT OF ABOUT 750 SUPPORTERS.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT SEVERAL IDIOTS GAVE HER THE WORST KIND OF ABUSE.

THEY ARE CURRENTLY FEELING VERY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES AND NEWQUAY FC HAVE INSISTED THAT THESE IDIOTS HAVE OPINIONS THAT DEFINITELY DO NOT AGREE WITH THOSE OF THE CLUB.

GOD BLESS YOU ANITA AND YOUR FAMILY AT A VERY SENSITIVE TIME FOR YOU.

BIG DRINK FROM ME NEXT TIME I SEE YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :Santa::drink::thumbsup::yahoo: :c:

Guest Peppermint

Referee - are you saying only Newquay supporters were shouting abuse - one of the loudest voices who was not wishing anyone a Happy Christmas was actually a visitor's supporter!

As Dave Deacon says on what basis are you calling people idiots!!!!!

I presume you were at the game Referee - or are you just going on hearsay - a dangerous precedent.

Many of us at Newquay and Godolphin have conveyed our condolences to Anita.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Taking nothing away from Anita, who obviously has beeen a consistant ref/lino over the year and no doubt deserves the award, but what has your comment

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT SEVERAL IDIOTS GAVE HER THE WORST KIND OF ABUSE(at the Nqy v G match).

got to do with the award.

Please remember, that the majoirty of those at Mount Wise that day were not regular supporters of either side, they merely expressed views that football fans up and down the country do week in week out. I disagreed with 3 decisions but doubt I was heard, being on the opposite side of the pitch to Anita, some obviously had bigger gobs and opinions to mine and others in the main stand.

In my "opinion" anyone who shouts abuse is an idiot. If they are shouting compliments or sensible comments then they are not idiots. Obviously if they are shouting abuse at Anita then they are BRAVE idiots, if they are shouting abuse at Anita in the pub they are brave idiots who can run very fast :D

I think you're getting off the point here guys which is that congratulations are definately in order for Anita winning ref's ref of the year, particularly after laughably coming bottom of the refs table last year :clapper: :clapper:

Guest Peppermint

Interesting point from Ronin - regarding the league table for assistant referees in the Combination League. I think those marks given are from the referees in the league games so perhaps on that score the REFEREES had better take the blame!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting Mr Referee to comment and justify his remarks!!!!!!

Guest Man on the Post

Dave, it all depends whether you use the literal or colloquial definition of 'idiot'. The colloquial definition of idiot is 'a stupid person'. In my opinion the people who gave Anita abuse were stupid to do so and I therefore agree with referee's sentiments. :thumbsup:

Guest Peppermint

Without wishing to prolong the discussion if 'The Referee' wants to give Anita an accolade [i have no argument with that] then at least spell the lady's name correctly!!!!!!!

Guest verityspencer

Without wishing to prolong the discussion if 'The Referee' wants to give Anita an accolade [i have no argument with that] then at least spell the lady's name correctly!!!!!!!

spencer welch lanreath manager well done anita 4 winning the referee award and good luck 4 2009

THIS SITE MAKES ME LAUGH YOU CAN CALL SOMEONE A C@*T OR W@*@*R MAKE THREATS AND SLAG PLAYERS REFEREES & LINESMAN OFF BUT CALL SOMEONE FROM NEWQUAY AN IDIOT AND THE OLD FARTS BRIGADE ARE UP IN ARMS GET A LIFE. :SM_carton:

Guest Man on the Post

Dave, of course it's on the basis of comments I heard at the game, directed at Anita. Just my view, others may have a different view. I will not be posting on this subject again and I do hope it can now be laid to rest. :rolleyes:

Happy New Year. :thumbsup:

I totally agree with Referees choice.

The day after the Newquay v Godolphin game I was watching Anita running the line at the Portreath v St Agnes, combo game. No mistakes, no slagging off from the crowd. just as football should be.

Anita is out in all weathers helping here local clubs. How many have phoned her up and asked for help and she's dropped everything to come out and run the line. She helped at the Dave Gardner Memorial finals last summer, etc.

We love you Anita and please ignore the one or two blinkered posters on this forum who still wouldn't be happy if their team won every game and every referee's or lines-person's decision went their way during matches. They would still find something to moan about - the price of a cup of tea, the ground, the teams, number of away supporters, size of supporters flags, the weather, etc.

These people are never satisfied and never will be. Rant over and happy new year!

CTB

The day after the Newquay v Godolphin game I was watching Anita running the line at the Portreath v St Agnes, combo game. No mistakes, no slagging off from the crowd. just as football should be.

Hee hee I'm glad you didn't mention me falling flat on my back before the game :P

Thanks again guys :D:drink::Santa: Hope you all had a good new year :smiley20: :thumbsup:

THIS SITE MAKES ME LAUGH YOU CAN CALL SOMEONE A C@*T OR W@*@*R MAKE THREATS AND SLAG PLAYERS REFEREES & LINESMAN OFF BUT CALL SOMEONE FROM NEWQUAY AN IDIOT AND THE OLD FARTS BRIGADE ARE UP IN ARMS GET A LIFE. :SM_carton:

:clapper::c: ..

As for what Referee said, it does not matter in what context he meant his statement to be taken or meant, the ONLY thing that matters is that it is HIS OPINION. This is a public facility for followers of Cornish football to voice their own views and opinions on games, weather, pitches, players, supporters, club representatives and anything else to do with Cornish football. So if HIS OPINION is that those idiots, sorry "misguided individuals" are indeed idiots, then who the heck are any of you to question that?.

I say more than most on here and I've no doubt that for nearly all of you, I have too much to say.. Well you know what.. "TOUGH LUCK" because everything I say is MY OPINION and if you don't want people voicing their OWN OPINION, I suggest you just go ahead and ban us all from the site.

We voice our opinion through choice, it is therefore our choice if we feel it necessary to explain that opinion.

Anita, well done princess. Keep up the good work and happy new year to you :clapper:

Re the mention of banning - this wasn't anything at all to do with a public posting, instead someone had complained direct to us because of something received via a PM.

We are looking into the incident. As for banning people, I think you will find we are very, very tolerant when it comes to even considering taking such action. :D

Given the sad personal context alluded to above, it would be insensitive to augment abuse. It is clear from their articulate postings that Peppermint, Dave D and The Judge are not idiots. Those who have observed the performances and verbiage of some other posters on this thread, have the right, as Stuart Cooper acknowledges, to form either a complementary or a contrasting opinion of their respective intelligences.

Ronin's dark references to violence in public houses are characteristic, unfortunately. It is clear that there are many members of society in need of social care, therapy and compassion. I hope they will find some.

Guest Peppermint

It would be nice for Referee to at least justify his remarks - it is easy to come on and make a posting without having something to back the statement up. I agree everyone is entitled to their opinions and the Forum is a great place to air views without reducing everything to a personal level

Just an example re Man on the Post [who makes very articulate postings] I think I am correct in assuming he is a Truro City supporter and I have witnessed some of their supporters hurling quite savage abuse at officials. This does not mean that all City supporters are stupid. Sorry to bring that in but in my travels to lots of grounds I hear and see things that are not always very savoury but that's life in football I suppose.

I have the utmost respect for Anita [she plays in the same ladies darts team as my wife] and she was a brilliant Committee member at Newquay before she left.

It is a little worrying re the Referee's remarks if he has so little opinion of Newquay Football Club - what happens if he is appointed to officiate at Mount Wise - some people might draw the wrong conclusion and assume the worst!!!!

I note that no referee has come on and commented re my posting abour the marks awarded to Anita by the said officials in the Combination League.

Thanks to Issac for his endorsement - and the Forum is very tolerant regarding postings and long may it continue and my New Year wish would be that postings are not reduced to a personal level that does nothing for anyone.

Peppermint, I have read and reread referee`s post and nowhere can I see where he has slated Newquay FC, his comments are directed towards people however you like to describe them who directed abuse towards the officials. Also why on earth should he come on here to justify his remarks no one else is required to do that and again why should any referee come on here and discuss or comment on any marks awarded to Anita. One other point I do not know Referee and have only met Anita once, so I cannot be accused of leaping to my friends defence .

Guest Peppermint

B Manning - I was a the game and the visiting supporters were also shouting abuse but it was just the home supporters that were castigated. That appears to be that Newquay Football Club were being denigrated!!!!!

I understand that you have in lots of cases on both this Forum and the CSWPL Forum leapt to the defence of fellow officials so this is no exception.

All Dave Deacon and I were asking for his a reply from Referee - not too much to ask surely!!!!!!

It seems from your postings that referees have the right to say whatever they like but do not have to justify those remarks!!!!

Peppermint, I have not as I explained in my post leapt to the defence of fellow officials, all I am stating are the facts of the posting which quite obviously you fail to appreciate with what can only be a very blinkered view. I myself have been the target of much abuse on this forum and I have never asked for people to explain themselves so why on earth should referee. As for your comment quote "It seems from your postings that referees have the right to say whatever they like but do not have to justify those remarks!!!!" unquote. We referee`s are in a small minority on this forum so why should we have to justify any of our comments when plainly that does not apply to any of the other members.

Guest Peppermint

Those people that actually know me will appreciate that I do not take a blinkered view as you put it.

The Referee did actually state Newquay Football Club in his posting but I am sure everyone is fed up with this topic now so I shall have to leave it at that.

ANITA'S STEP-FATHER DIED ON XMAS MORNING AFTER A BATTLE WITH CANCER, THE FOLLOWING DAY SHE RAN THE LINE AT NEWQUAY V GODOLPHIN IN FRONT OF ABOUT 750 SUPPORTERS.

THEY ARE CURRENTLY FEELING VERY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES AND NEWQUAY FC HAVE INSISTED THAT THESE IDIOTS HAVE OPINIONS THAT DEFINITELY DO NOT AGREE WITH THOSE OF THE CLUB.

BIG DRINK FROM ME NEXT TIME I SEE YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :Santa::drink::thumbsup::yahoo::c:

For those that cannot read or do not comprehend English !!!!

Let me explain myself fully!!!

I've had a phone call/e-mail/Instant Message or two so allow me to explain all six paragraphs;

Paragraph 1; The author has had it ratified by the Oxford English Dictionary that December is definitely the last month of the year.

Paragraph 2; Anita did in fact run the line in front of a very large crowd (that outdid a few professional clubs) the day after her step-father died.

Paragraph 3; The abuse endured by the FA Appointed Match Official is not repeatable in decorum. It consisted of words that were personally offensive, insulting, abusive and discriminating to them to the point of illegality. The term "several idiots" refers to four particular individuals amongst the audience who, as stated in the aforementioned statement, DO NOT reflect the views of Newquay FC.

Paragraph 4; Please refer to the answer given to paragraph 3. The author reserves the right to formally apologise profusely to any other person or persons that would consider themself or themselves as an idiot and would, notwithstanding, find offense at such comments whether justified or unjustified towards either of the first, second or third parties. However, the author practices the First Amendment of the Constitution which reserves the right to title the aforementioned individuals within the confines of the third party whilst observing the respective collaboration of the first and second parties.

Paragraph 5; The author profusely apologises to those whose religous background differs from the author and therefore find the comments offensive.

Paragraph 6; The author profusely apologises to Ms Gittins for the late delivery of the aforementioned beverage. The author would also like to take this opportunity to mention his support for the national campaign to drink responsibly.

QED

BIG DRINK FROM ME NEXT TIME I SEE YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :Santa::drink::thumbsup::yahoo::c:

For those that cannot read or do not comprehend English !!!!

Let me explain myself fully!!!

I've had a phone call/e-mail/Instant Message or two so allow me to explain all six paragraphs;

Paragraph 1; The author has had it ratified by the Oxford English Dictionary that December is definitely the last month of the year.

Paragraph 2; Anita did in fact run the line in front of a very large crowd (that outdid a few professional clubs) the day after her step-father died.

Paragraph 3; The abuse endured by the FA Appointed Match Official is not repeatable in decorum. It consisted of words that were personally offensive, insulting, abusive and discriminating to them to the point of illegality. The term "several idiots" refers to four particular individuals amongst the audience who, as stated in the aforementioned statement, DO NOT reflect the views of Newquay FC.

Paragraph 4; Please refer to the answer given to paragraph 3. The author reserves the right to formally apologise profusely to any other person or persons that would consider themself or themselves as an idiot and would, notwithstanding, find offense at such comments whether justified or unjustified towards either of the first, second or third parties. However, the author practices the First Amendment of the Constitution which reserves the right to title the aforementioned individuals within the confines of the third party whilst observing the respective collaboration of the first and second parties.

Paragraph 5; The author profusely apologises to those whose religous background differs from the author and therefore find the comments offensive.

Paragraph 6; The author profusely apologises to Ms Gittins for the late delivery of the aforementioned beverage. The author would also like to take this opportunity to mention his support for the national campaign to drink responsibly.

QED

:clapper::smiley20::thumbsup: Think i might have to get you a drink now :clapper: :drink:

Guest Peppermint

At least he finally spelt your name correctly Anita - forget all the other amendments!!!!!!!!!

No mention whether he was actually at the match in question.

Oh I forgot I was not going to comment anymore.

Oh peppermint. That's not fair ignoring my amendments !! It took ages to write up all that!

Microsoft Word highlighted nearly every word and I needed to copy my Trade Union Regs for all the longwinded stuff !

Anyway I should have been easy to spot at the match...... I was the one standing next to the four idiots !!

Happy New Year to all, I've been on the computer for far too long now !!

At least he finally spelt your name correctly Anita - forget all the other amendments!!!!!!!!!

No mention whether he was actually at the match in question.

Oh I forgot I was not going to comment anymore.

I did send a message saying it was I not E :P But everyone spells it wrong, i've an award where its Gittons, a couple where its Gittens and even one where it was Simmons, :blink: no idea where they got that from so i sent that one back and asked for name to be spelt right :D But i'm used to the E now even in the fixture list its spelt with a E for some games and an I for others B)

Hope you had a good new year Peppermint :thumbsup: :smiley20:

Guest Peppermint

Firstly Happy New Year Referee - sorry my eyesight must have been bad if I could not spot the Batman outfit.

Fair comment - I will have to buy you and Anita a drink now although she is often at the Club perhaps you may visit Newquay to officiate at some later date. I will try and keep the local idiots quiet.

I did appreciate the work that went into the wordprocessing!!!!!

Sorry Anita - just seen your posting - yes great new year. Hope you had a good and peaceful new year in the circumstances. Hope to catch up with you when you are at the Club playing darts one Wednesday.