Cornwall Football Forum

New Year Resolution

:SM_carton: Dare I suggest we place a voluntary ban on "Official slagging". All teams suffer bad decisions and must learn to deal with it. It makes boring reading on this Forum and does nothing to enhance the game in Cornwall. We have some brilliant, witty and thoughtful contributors here, so why not all devote our mental energies to intelligent postings and do away with the mind sapping inane back stabbing.

Happy New Year to all from St Blazey FC

:SM_carton: Dare I suggest we place a voluntary ban on "Official slagging". All teams suffer bad decisions and must learn to deal with it. It makes boring reading on this Forum and does nothing to enhance the game in Cornwall. We have some brilliant, witty and thoughtful contributors here, so why not all devote our mental energies to intelligent postings and do away with the mind sapping inane back stabbing.

Happy New Year to all from St Blazey FC

what about playing surfaces aswell??

Nice idea Chairman, the constant bad & threatning comments about Officials & players are one of the reasons i dont really bother much on this site (used to be my home page) :(

On another note i Reffed my first game since August today, the traditional Boxing Day game at St Columb Minor and it was great to see Newquay players alongside Godolphin management and players,not as many goals as Friday and it ended 3.3. :clapper: :Santa:

Unfortunately, I fear it would be impossible for some people to use this forum in an adult, sensible manner or to demonstrate the respect for others that might be expected between fellow followers of football - especially on a public forum. Opinions are something we all have but we should not be stupid enough to think that our own opinions are always correct - or so important that they have to be shared with everyone.

Anyway, that's my opinion!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Judge, you going to join in on this New Years Resolution? You know you want too!

As Chairman has stated that any ban be on 'Official Slagging', does he perhaps mean comments made officially by clubs, or the fact that some refs/linos have the potential to ruin matches ? As a mere supporter, I pays my money and will tell it as it is... if a ref gets it wrong and it costs my club, I will say so !

This is currently a forum for all views to be represented and I feel that any censorship on slagging off poor officials sends out the wrong message. How will refs know if they have cocked up if we are no longer permitted to tell them so ? Officials receive a damn sight more in expenses than players at my club and if the players are not imune from taking flak, why should officials ?

If I **** up in my job, I get a warning, 2nd warning and then dismissal, if a SWPL ref does it, NOTHING, diddly squat, bugger all, and some other poor club is made to suffer the following week. Yes I can hear those saying take up the flag etc, but I choose not to, they do and should therefore be 'judged' on a more regular basis by the very rare creature known as only as The Assessor.

I rest my case.

Guest Sport Lover

Your attitude judge will cost football some good refs/lino's and some up and coming young refs/lino's.

Your work and being a football official has no relevance at all

Don't be so silly Sport Lover, no one takes a word I say seriously, therefore no harm done.

In any event, isn't that the whole point of the forum, so that we can all express our very own, differing views ? You have your opinion and I prefer mine, that is the way of the world and god bless Allah for it !

Guest Sport Lover

Im just thinking of an official sitting here reading your slatings you hand out I dont think thats being silly.

What referees qualifications or experince do you have?

I have precisely the same qualifications and experience as the majority of Asst Refs in the SWPL Div 1, bugger all ! They are appointed by the clubs and most are goddam awful, but credit them for having a go.

As a player, I played over 500 games and as a fan, over 2,000 watched live, I tend not to do armchairs. Perhaps the fact that I know the game, gives me an advantage over some of the officials we get at Level 7 but this is not about me, you or the ref.

The thread is, do we want to ban the slagging off of officials ?, my answer is no, and I have provided my reasons for it, please feel free to do likewise.

Guest Sport Lover

I have provided my reasons on the thread where you gave Anita a slating on her performance and then accused her off sculking off after the match when Newquay lost to Goldophin.

Ill repeat for you.

It may prevent officials from carrying on within the game or prevent youngsters even starting out to be officials. Football is short of officials now and being critised by someone who has no official qualifications does not help.

If you dont do armchair pick up the flag

I have provided my reasons on the thread where you gave Anita a slating on her performance and then accused her off sculking off after the match when Newquay lost to Goldophin.

And I have publicly stated the reason was, I did not know of Anitas personal circumstances, feel free to get things right or put them right as I did. I note that you failed to comment on my experience, or have you run out of ammo to fire at me.

No more please Sport Lover, let others have their say.

How will refs know if they have cocked up if we are no longer permitted to tell them so ? Officials receive a damn sight more in expenses than players at my club and if the players are not imune from taking flak, why should officials ?

If I **** up in my job, I get a warning, 2nd warning and then dismissal,

I rest my case.

Not a very good case. If a couple of hundred people are watching you do your job and a few of them start on "You don't wanna do like that, you should do it like this.." sort of abuse, you don't get a warning and dismissal, simply 'cause most of them don't have a clue how the job should be done.

Abusing and criticising refs from the safety of the forum is the worst form of bullying. They can't answer back. They just have to take it and feel bad about themselves and the job they do. Eventually, oddly enough, they'll just say "**** this for a game of soldiers" and go off shopping with the wife instead.

Bullying

Yes I agree with the Chairman a happy new year to you all. from Falmouth town, We are of course hoping for a better year, as for the Judge did any of you expect any other comment from him, but even to the Judge I wish you a happy new year, I am Aware that you do not like Falmouth town suporters, But one is taught to love even your enemies.

Hammers :clapper::Santa::c: :c:

Happy New Year to one and all !!! :Santa:

It would be a good idea to see a bit less slagging of referees and assistants on the forum. While everyone is entitled to an opinion, some of the comments seen on here would make anyone considering becoming a ref's assistant or a referee think twice about doing so. Referees and officials will make mistakes, after all they are human and until someone invents a robot referee and officials mistakes will happen.

We need to hang on to all the referees and officials we have in the county as we all know the consequences of losing them. We've all been to games where an error by an official has cost our team dearly, but ultimately in the great scheme of things it's a mild annoyance. We all have opinions, and our love for the game allows us to go on forums and let off some steam. However, when criticism descends into personal abuse and allegations of cheating, that is taking things too far.

Anyway, rant over and may I wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous 2009!! :thumbsup:

Innocently ruminating over my computer,about to wish all offficials and administrators a happy new year and express delight at the latest manifestation of the Respect campaign, which allows opponents of St Just to get their fingers broken even before kick-off, I was shock'n'awed to see my Name already being taken in vain. Clearly a few bourgeois burghers out there are nursing bruised egos after a bit of verbal sparring, so they want to make the website more interesting and read by far, far more exciting and articulate contributors by banning me, just like the Jolly's Combo executive !

Just like the Nazis, first they come for me, then it'll be you next ! Watch out, Judge ! They can't stand wit, passion or intellect ! Keep the contributions coming. Apart from the minor errors of taste implied by your being a supporter of neither St Just nor Chelsea, I find your obaservations spot-on !

Officials, eh ?.....well, I WAS a club assistant lino for several years (and if you don't leave me alone I'll come back !!) , so don'd give me any of this armchair drivel !

Many of the people calling for officials to be respected heaped me with abuse when I was doing the job !

Hypocrites !

May I use this forum to state that I thought Mr George Paterson did an excellent job yesterday during our 2-0 defeat at Illogan. An ex-player, he let the players get on with the game. There were no cards, no bad fouls, amd no self-important a******* in black trying to get noticed. I would have marked him at 99/100.

Now I've probably banjaxed his career. He's too good. The CCFA will never let him move up the refereeing hierachy in case he displaces some 93 year old blind one-legged brainless donkey. No reference to any referee, living, dead or not sure which intended !

:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

I hope that I can redeem myself in some small way Isaac, by declaring a lifelong love of Chelsea. Having been born in Westminster and lived with my dear old Nan in Pimlico, it's in the blood. No doubt, had I continued my journey as far west as God would allow almost 11 years ago, instead of stopping off at Newquay, then I may well have become a Tinners fan.

You will find that those of us with wit, verve and opinions that may not conform, do have plenty of support on the forum and in the Cornish footballing world. Barely a week goes by when an opposition supporter does not congratulate me on my pearls of wisdom.

KEEP THE FAITH

I agree that abuse of officials isn't appropriate on the forum or anywhere else, I just hope that people can practice what they preach when watching or taking part in games.

Referees play a significant part in games and can have a major influence - often positive but not always. Therefore, officials will often be talked about when it comes down to the assessment and analysis of a football match. I guess it can't be easy when you are making a tough decision and you know that 50% of people will disagree with you! But that doesn't mean we should have to be grateful for just any referee that turns up. We can talk about qualifications all day but surely the application of that understanding is the most important aspect? It would be good to see officials assessed without their knowledge to form a consistent view of how they are performing, rather than a planned assessment when the referee has a nightmare because he knows that he is being watched - and we have all seen that happen.

I do feel that if the comments are constructive, as factual as possible (not always that easy for the loyal supporter) and that the ethos of respect is upheld, then it is reasonable to have an opinion on the performance of an official, alongside players, managers or coaches so long as it is kept in proportion to the matters relating to the game. It really annoys me to read thoughts on how the goal that put the home team 5-0 up in the last minute was offside and the referee had a shocker!

That way we can still talk about football and enjoy the varied opinions that individuals contribute. I can think of a number of examples of refereeing decisions that have given us plenty to discuss! Wouldn't it be boring if football had no controversy?

Thank you, Judge.....I too have received a few supportive comments. It's always fun to rustle the sobersides !

Football is a pursuit that sublimates tribal war to an acceptable level. Compared to the Roman Coloseum and the El Salvador-Honduras "football war", it's extraordinarily gentlemanly. If, as an official or anything else, your self-belief is absolute, the Respect Campaign becomes an irrelevance because you have no need whatsoever for that kind of superficial social ritual to confirm your own worth.

Unfortunately the FA is a craven, materialistic organisation that kowtows to FIFA and the nanny state and blatantly rips off its "members" to redistribute megabucks to mediocrities. My personal preference would be for a grass-roots, libertarian, working class movement of players and supporters burning High Cross Street and Soho Square to the ground, declaring an independent Cornish football state, establishing immediate diplomatic links with Libya and abolishing all the ridiculous amendments limiting our ability to pursue tribal war unhindered in accord with good Cornish traditions like the invasion of Redruth by Gwinear. Now I expect B. Manning will send the police round to Lafrowda Park. Mother is out the back mixing tyhe Molotov Cocktails as I type. :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Guest crosser

Anyway, why should it just be referees that people are defending. Managers, players, supporters and all are from time to time commented on and they don't pack in!

I think a lot of people have packed in posting on the forum

The administrators are doing an excellent job. They are aware that free speech is more entertaining than the alternative. A little gentle banter on here is far less offensive than the vicious sexism of Crosser's pathetic attempt to reveal his pole, even if he does spend his life as the only token male at the playgroup. Hope he finds himself in 2009.

"Some people have given up posting." Oh, whine,moan, grovel,groan !

Bet we're missing some real pearls of wisdom. Thank goodness we've still got the Sage of Torpoint. :thumbsup:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THAT ENJOY USING THE FORUM. YES, THAT INCLUDES ISAAC, JUDGE AND ALL THE USUAL SUSPECTS !!!!!

I DIDN'T SEND OUT ANY CARDS OVER XMAS AS I DONATED THE CASH TO ST STEPHENS SPECIAL NEEDS UNIT INSTEAD.

DON'T WORRY, I WON'T BE MAKING UP FOR IT BY DISHING OUT EXTRA ONES ON THE PITCH IN THE NEW YEAR EITHER.

JUST GOT MY FIXTURES; EVERYTHING FROM DUCHY DIV 5 THROUGH TO SWPL FOR ME AND I CAN'T WAIT, ROLL ON 2009.

KEEP ON POSTING, LET'S SUPPORT FREE SPEECH BUT LET'S BE NICE TO EACH OTHER !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest crosser

The administrators are doing an excellent job. They are aware that free speech is more entertaining than the alternative. A little gentle banter on here is far less offensive than the vicious sexism of Crosser's pathetic attempt to reveal his pole, even if he does spend his life as the only token male at the playgroup. Hope he finds himself in 2009.

Bet we're missing some real pearls of wisdom. Thank goodness we've still got the Sage of Torpoint. :thumbsup:

I'm breaking my own rule by replying to one of your insane ramblings, with regards to pearls of wisdom heres one for you I'm off and won't be back, so you can keep on posting your snidey comments and basically bating people into replying you are a troll you have no real purpose on this forum apart from making bitchy comments about everyone, thankfully I've never had the pleasure of meeting you and long may it continue.

Enjoy the forum before you spoil it for everyone else. I probably won't be missed but hey ho.

BadMonkeyFuckOff.gif

Do you ever post anything on this forum thats not bitchy or personal?? Soon this forum will have no one left on it but you and your merry men (yes i said men, because your views towards the women who use this site is really degrading and quite offensive). You can dress your postings up with long words and smart comments but anyone with half a brain can see past all your bullshit to see that all you ever do is slag people off and try to stir shit amongst individuals in clubs.

I won't be using this forum anymore, other then to post results.

Guest Dermot

I am with Crosser & Anita, I wont bother logging onto this once great Forum again goodbye.

The lunatics have taken over the Asylum, as predicted.