Cornwall Football Forum

best players in the east cornwall premier league this season?

Luke Avis-Riordan at Torpoint is a very good player who should be playing at a higher level. Chris Kitson at Sticker is a very prolific goalscorer. Has he played at a higher level?

Other players to catch the eye have been Kershaw and Thornton at Torpoint, Mullis at Bodmin and i think a lad called Andrew at Launceston. Not to sure if thats the right name of the Launceston player but heard he had a fall out with the first team and now plays for the reserves.

Isn't it about time that the East Cornwall League V Combination league representative game came about??????

I think Matt Andrew has been signed up by Bideford now, great young player.

Chris Kitson is within two goals of 200 since joining Sticker and is now in his fifth season for the club.

He did have a stint with St Austell when he was younger but other than that he has been a prolific goalscorer where he won the ECPL league with Foxhole and played for Biscovey in the duchy league before hand.

Sticker have a good young side and another one for the future is young defender Keiran Conibear-Trathen.

Would be interesting to see an East Cornwall league side play a combination league side.

Gareth,

Chris Kitson is still seven away from the magical 200 goals for Sticker as his goals against Padstow have alas been deleted. But he is in super form and will no doubt reach the target soon he has even bagged a couple of late with his head!! Great idea re a representative team from ECPL and the Combination League.

Guest big daddy

jannerlad think ur wrong bout luke avis-riordon, i dnt rate him at all........ u got to look at the young lad at saltash called robbie priddle who is bangin them in this season....

Guest slimjim

The lad from Torpoint Liam Thornton is the best young player I have seen in the ECPL he has pace and an eye for goal he now seems to be a regular in the first team. How he has never figured for the county youth side Ill never know!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Too right!! I've heard Rafa could be taking him on loan while El Nino is out!!! Torpoint's centre half Darren Wills deserves a mention. Top defender and leader

The lad from Torpoint Liam Thornton is the best young player I have seen in the ECPL he has pace and an eye for goal he now seems to be a regular in the first team. How he has never figured for the county youth side Ill never know!

ill agree with you there been at school with the fella since secondry and me and liam tore asses whenever we were paired upfront never played with him out of school but have wanted to and the lads a quality youngster in the making

Saw this lad Keiran Conibear-Trathen at Liskeard last week looks quality and you cant look much further than Torpoint's Avis-Riordan or Lewis Kershaw. When Dave McGhee is available for Lanreath he is quality. One player who always looks good is Torpoints Wayne Jago he has a great shot and a good eye for a pass. I'll think of some more later

Hasn't been a GK mentioned yet, so i'll throw mine into the ring....Craig Howells here at Bere Alston....May not be the best player in the ECPL but in my opinion you won't find a better keeper....

....and for the record, he wasn't in goal when we lost 7-1 at Saltash.

As for Saltash, thought there was a touch of class about their old stagers, Bleasdale and Bottomley in CM.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Still can't believe Torpoint's Dan Chapman hasn't been mentioned. Class act!! Also Darren Shepherd who so many times controls games for them. Adam Billing at Liskeard is a good centre half, and Nick Dowling of Bodmin is another quality player. There are loads of good players and also in different positions so how do you pick 'the best'?

Guest ECPL Supporter

dean cardew got 5 today. when he is fit he does it for fun. theres no stopping him now!!! cardew for england!

Not if you had seen him yesterday!!! Awful. An absolute joke!!!!!

if were going to dicuss the best players in the league u cant look much further then the current champions torpoint , retaining players from last year and adding talented players from the disbanded tamerside they are looking strong again , as for individuals thorton has to be up there established in the first team now and still only 18 ,i am a torpoint fan and although he was quiet against lanreath kershaw must also get a mention scores goals and has a gd work ethic, raw talent wise dan chapman is different class although sometimes doesnt show the desire... all young

Guest ECPL Supporter

Looking at Saturdays performance as was said Torpoints goalkeeper Jack Dixon must be a contender for the best in the league. Also Lanreaths midfielder Bradley Powell if his performance on Saturday is anything to go by.

i think `dicko` needs to calm down abit,i watch all the torpoint 2nd string games and thats the first time this season there keepers really been called into action mainly due to there solid back line.....And as for all this team mates buying him a beer from what ive heard it would take him a fortnight to drink 10 halfs of shandy!!!!! :drink:

yeh your right about the shandy im a real lightweight i struggle with anything as wilsey jago and a couple other of the lads will tell you! i know that is down to the defense, guy and wilsey are a quality pairing at the back! guy would tackle his own gran to get to the ball and wilsey is a wise head who is rarely matched in the air and with julian dicks and colin montgomery on either side you can see why we dont concede many!

Seen a fair amount or prem games this season & Torpoints keeper Jack Dixon is by far & away the best Iv,e seen,always talking when not busy & only 18 (if i,m right),he,s ably supported by great full backs,a really good centre pairing ,a decent midfield,good fast wide men & people up front who work for each other,may not win the league but as a young team good luck to them!! & will give most a game.

I would think the Ist team manager is very gratefull? :Santa:

im with `the ghost` on that one since the yong lad jack dixon joined the club he hasnt stopped talking,i sit in the main stand down at the mill and my ears hurt after every game...havnt seen roger `ginger` collins at the home of football for a couple of weeks,anyone no whats happened to him.?

Guest ECPL Supporter

Yeah i do Bigtone. From pre season, he retired, then started training again, then retired again, then came back for a few games, then retired again, then signed for Tavvy, after 1 game retired again. He's taken up golf but is considering coming out of retirement again so you may well be seeing him back down the mill again soon!

Guest pinuada

there was once a player that played for torpoint called pinae!! aka pin head. Brilliant football player!! The Eric Cantana of the ECPL. Spoke really good english as well. Wats happened to him?

I was outside the torpoint changing room after the lanreath game when i heard arguing!! sounded like wayne jago shouting at the gaffer!! the police were called and everything. I think dan chapman was arrested!! Anyone know anything more about this?

Yeah i do Bigtone. From pre season, he retired, then started training again, then retired again, then came back for a few games, then retired again, then signed for Tavvy, after 1 game retired again. He's taken up golf but is considering coming out of retirement again so you may well be seeing him back down the mill again soon!

we have only played 1 game since signing Rodger collins & unless he has retired since i spoke to him on friday !!!!!!!!! :huh:

Guest Tjitsnotunusual

i used to play for torpoint during there championship winning season , and still a lil distraught about the cup loss, partly the reason why i diddnt renew my contract with the champs, i fell outta love with the game , but i agree with comments above pinay was one of the finest players ever to grace this league and in my opinion the missing like the double last year , i mite get bak into the game if it werent for the ridicul i take about my name , im a hard nut left bak

Guest ECPL Supporter

there was once a player that played for torpoint called pinae!! aka pin head. Brilliant football player!! The Eric Cantana of the ECPL. Spoke really good english as well. Wats happened to him?

I was outside the torpoint changing room after the lanreath game when i heard arguing!! sounded like wayne jago shouting at the gaffer!! the police were called and everything. I think dan chapman was arrested!! Anyone know anything more about this?

Yeah i heard that too. Apparantly something went on between Dan Chapman and Luke Avis Rhiordan. They don't like eachother i've heard. But on that Pinet player, i remember him, absolutely on a different planet to the rest of the players. A great communicator too. Is it true that he went to play in the French League in Division 2?

Guest pinuada

Being another one of the torpoint presidents, drinking coffee with the hierachy. I also strongly agree with footballfan and would like to see a more clean shaven daniel chapman. he looks like a pirate legoman, not a good image for the champions.

Guest ECPL Supporter

A great player though and i would say you are very fortunate to have a player of his quality at your club. I do notice when he is playing on the side that i stand that he talks to himself a lot and moans a great deal. Maybe because the other players aren't on his wavelength? But a joy to watch as a footballer

Guest L Binzo

Pinuada

I am interested in your comment "Being another one of the torpoint presidents" last time I checked the constitution TAFC has only one President and no Vice Presidents. And for the last few years that has been myself.

Given the fact I am still alive (and only death or resignation can remove me) I would like to know how you can be "one of the Torpoint presidents".

it would be interesting to find out why pinuada made those comments as to being one of the torpoint presidents. Also on daniel chapman, i heard that the torpoint players had a team night out saturday and nobody told chapman, was this deliberate or an honest mistake? i hear he was furious with 'team-mate' Luke riordon because he asked him about such an event and luke denied any knowledge of a night out?? whats going on????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wilfred

a lot of you are forgetting Dave Wilkinson of st stephens....scored lots of goals at the south western league level...on his day hes class. lewis young at parkway along with ian evans the keeper and ross avery...as foz mentioned...a goal machine...would like to see him get some first team games...see how he gets on! all quality players

Not just looking at the top sides, I believe a young lad named Dave Gilbert from Polperro is one of the best young midfielders in the East Cornwall League.

Think he scored nearly 20 goals from Centre Mid last year playing for an average side.

The lad grew up in Polperro and has always been a "one club player" resisting temptation to join a number of "top" clubs in the higher leagues.

I am bound to be biased but Arron Rocky for me at Tavistock can play centre mid & centre of defence and makes it look easy for an 18 year old.

Coach KT mentioned his Goal keeper Craig Howells qaulity keeper :thumbsup: But Richy Rowe has earned us points this season outstanding Keeper :clapper:

Not sure I would describe Ian Evans as class?!?! Each time i've seen him play he has made at least one mistake and doesn't seem to like to come for crosses and hesitant off his line.