Cornwall Football Forum

FOZ Plymouth Parkways RESERVES!!

Guest bruceyboy

Guest bruceyboy

ECPL Plymouth Parkway player Pete Foster has a lot of cherp on these local websites and i feel that its about time that i voiced my opinion on him. i feel that for somebody content to be playing in the lowly divisions of ECPL ONE only just overting the even darker leagues of Plymouth and District football...he is far too judgemental of other players and set-ups. Whenever i watch this player, he himself, doesnt even stand out playing in these low leagues, and would definately not call the lad a footballer, as he simply pumps the ball long on every given occasion, often to the annoyance of his fellow team mates.

he seems to not like the fact that other players are playing in higher leagues than him, when he obviously thinks that these players arent as good as him. well surely these players should be given a pat on the back for testing themselves against better quality players rather than be content on hammering teams ten, eleven nil??!! if he was that confident of himself, maybe he could step up to the likes of vospers, millbrook or plymstock and test his own ability??!! or even come join the struggling holsworthys or elburtons in the top leagues!!??why doesnt he have the balls to step up!!?? yet is so judgemental of others? he will argue that he plays with all his mates, but to be honest, thats nonesense....hes in a comfort zone...and would be found out big time in the higher leagues.

As a relative newcomer to the forum I have 2 observations.

1 I do not know who this person you refer to is unless FOZ is a clue but it rings no bell with me.

2. This is a hell of a first posting BRUCEYBOY and can only assume you have some big axe to grind with said Pete Foster.

Where players choose to play and at what level has to be a personal decision. Would you like to expand/explain.

ECPL Plymouth Parkway player Pete Foster has a lot of cherp on these local websites and i feel that its about time that i voiced my opinion on him. i feel that for somebody content to be playing in the lowly divisions of ECPL ONE only just overting the even darker leagues of Plymouth and District football...he is far too judgemental of other players and set-ups. Whenever i watch this player, he himself, doesnt even stand out playing in these low leagues, and would definately not call the lad a footballer, as he simply pumps the ball long on every given occasion, often to the annoyance of his fellow team mates.

he seems to not like the fact that other players are playing in higher leagues than him, when he obviously thinks that these players arent as good as him. well surely these players should be given a pat on the back for testing themselves against better quality players rather than be content on hammering teams ten, eleven nil??!! if he was that confident of himself, maybe he could step up to the likes of vospers, millbrook or plymstock and test his own ability??!! or even come join the struggling holsworthys or elburtons in the top leagues!!??why doesnt he have the balls to step up!!?? yet is so judgemental of others? he will argue that he plays with all his mates, but to be honest, thats nonesense....hes in a comfort zone...and would be found out big time in the higher leagues.

i feel that the lad has far too much time on his hands...and rather than signing on at the jobcentre, and sitting on these local forums all day, he should go out, start paying tax, earning money, so that at least then he can "pay his subs"....cause thats what you have to do in BAD Leagues!!

haha, your a clown!!If you have an axe to grind then why dont you say it to my face instead of hiding behind a fake name.......havent chirped on here once, never slated any team or player, merely gave my opinion.Shame you couldnt put your point across in a more opinionated manor. I have got the confidence in myself regardless of what you think!!I dont need to argue that i play with all my mates..the fact of the matter is i do....and we have an 'ambition' as a team to go into the peninsula league, obviously are first team have to gain promotion to the western league, which will hopefully be the case.

For the record though, iv played for Parkways 1st team on a few occasions.....one i remember clearly coming on as a sub against elmore in the FA Vase and scoring twice under Gez Baggot's rein.....what league are Elmore in?Western league 1 isnt it...that high enough for you?Also this season..went to bath in the first team squad when they played Larkhall Athletic...granted i didnt play, but dave leonard obviously thought i was good enough, else i wouldnt have travelled!!

So is that good enough for you......oh and by the way...we dont pay subs at parkway..lucky me hey!!

Ihave no idea who this Bruceyboy is and nor do i really want to after this rediculous post on here... YOu my freind seem very bitter and very odd!!!

Pete Foster has never slated or made a joke of any player/team on this forum. He states his opinion which is what this forum is for.. If you read his threads then you will see he has alot of people that agrees with him and for that he must be saying something good.

Now for the actual player... Pete is a great player and i know for a fact that teams in the higher leagues would like to sign him, he is very well respected at PArkway both 1st team and 2nd team and at the end of the daythe club has massive ambition and drive and the fact that he plays in the lower league has nothing to do with his ability. I have played against pete and with himover the past few years and he is a very good defender.

It does stem down to the fact that alot of the parkway 2nd players do want to play with their mates they are a very close group of mates who play footy together, train and go on the beer together and the bottom lione is they are all good players...

So next time you feel the need to try and slate players on the main discussion board have a think next time and get facts straight..... adios amigo

:SM_carton: Dear oh dear Bruceyboy, Foz is one of those players that clubs desparately need, he has been with Parkway for many years now, always willing to help out any of the sides and now is trying to help parkway into the ECPL Premier league, as we had to start at a lower level. If the club need any help what so ever then Foz is the first to volunteer, so you are way out of order and your knowledge of players is sadley lacking. Shouldn't really respond to such rubbish, but I don't think you realize what assets to clubs players like Foz are. <_<

I cannot believe that this topic has even been started and think that this bruceyboy is trying to get a lot of us to have a bite. i expect this is someone foz knows trying to have a laugh but just incase it isn's i'll have a little nibble.

Pete foster is an excellent player and should be playing a higher standard as should ALL of the parkway 2nd team. The fact that he chooses to play with his mates at a club that is excellently run, has huge potential and is starting to fulfill it, is a credit to him. If he wanted, he could go to a peninsula club, but is it worth sacrificing what a stated earlier for a MEASELY 20 QUID? None of us on here are gonna be profesional footballers now (unless they bring back "Jim'll fix it"), so isn't he doing the right thing and enjoying his football???

As a team mate of petes he is one of the best centre half i have played with and as a mate..... top bloke :drink:

Guest bruceyboy

mates are bound to defend eachother, and im gathering hes a nice lad, but at the end of the day, if he thinks hes good enough, then why not step up now, and test yourself. other players such as lewis young, ian evans, alex mitchell and ross avery, could quite easilly step up to higher leagues....but why be content on hammering teams 16-nil??? wheres the enjoyment in that? especially for the keeper evans? as for foster...maybe i singled him out, but at the end of the day, opinionated people are fine, but FOZ is fast becomming somebody who is building a reputation for slating other players and teams, not necessarilly just on forums, but at local games and five a side venues.

mates are bound to defend eachother, and im gathering hes a nice lad, but at the end of the day, if he thinks hes good enough, then why not step up now, and test yourself. other players such as lewis young, ian evans, alex mitchell and ross avery, could quite easilly step up to higher leagues....but why be content on hammering teams 16-nil??? wheres the enjoyment in that? especially for the keeper evans? as for foster...maybe i singled him out, but at the end of the day, opinionated people are fine, but FOZ is fast becomming somebody who is building a reputation for slating other players and teams, not necessarilly just on forums, but at local games and five a side venues.

you raise a fair point there why didnt you put it across that way?? and yes hammering a team 16-0 is boring although i bagged a fair few but im content with that this year and trying to break into the first team!

If you are who i think you are 'Bruceyboy'...regarding slating....i believe 'Pot and kettle black' could be key words to describe you!!

Who says im content on winning games 16-0....i think you will find the phrase 'you can only play whats put in front you' is appropriate for the league we are in at the moment?Im assuming you are player yourself and to be on here slating me, when you probably have an ego about yourself because you play in a higher league makes me laugh. Why dont you show me some facts regarding me slating players or teams, when its merely been an opinion?I think you will find that every person in football has an opinion on players and teams at any level of football, and you are included!!

Guest bruceyboy

not so long ago at a six a side venue, you were cherping about how certain players at vospers are shocking, yet they still get paid. you named names and got personal about how bad they were, and laughed and joked with others. at the end of the day, those players are trying and testing themselves in that league. just dont be so loud in cherping off about individuals and teams, when your playing in that league.

as for lewis young, surely it would be more beneficial to leave parkway and play first team football, as you havent quite cut the mustard according to dave leonard, as he seems not to have used you a great deal.

not so long ago at a six a side venue, you were cherping about how certain players at vospers are shocking, yet they still get paid. you named names and got personal about how bad they were, and laughed and joked with others. at the end of the day, those players are trying and testing themselves in that league. just dont be so loud in cherping off about individuals and teams, when your playing in that league.

as for lewis young, surely it would be more beneficial to leave parkway and play first team football, as you havent quite cut the mustard according to dave leonard, as he seems not to have used you a great deal.

haha.....me and half the rest of people on this forum have given an opinion on vopsers and some of their players!!

As for lewis young why dont you ask him why he hasnt gone on to a higher league?

As for me being loud and voicing my opinion, i will carry on doing so, if you or anyone else doesnt like it, then tough luck!!You have given your opinion on me, behind your fake name, and your entitled to it, but maybe next time when your quick to chirp off about me, why dont you say who you are, then il give my footballing and personal opinion on you!!

interesting topic brought up by a rondom person ha! in the topics i have commented on with foz he has only ever posted his opinion and thats the point of having a forum! and who can blame him for being cherpy? they are top of the league and cruising lol, i wud be the same! i feel a bit of jealousy has come into this? bruceyboy who do u play for then? if you think everyone else hu is top of the league should play higher football tell us hu u play for.

but how could you call Demo, dan oconnor and donners bad players who dont deserve to get paid?

If you have heard me slating them then you are in cloud cuckoo land!!I made a comment on vopsers before they even played for them....so why dont you single out the people who have made comments about them...clearly you have misread or misheard!!

Demo, played with him....good player..

Donners...good player, but overweight and not fit...even he would admit that

Conners....good 5 a side player, an average 11 a side player.

So tell me..where did i say that they do not deserve to get paid?

but how could you call Demo, dan oconnor and donners bad players who dont deserve to get paid?

If you have heard me slating them then you are in cloud cuckoo land!!I made a comment on vopsers before they even played for them....so why dont you single out the people who have made comments about them...clearly you have misread or misheard!!

Demo, played with him....good player..

Donners...good player, but overweight and not fit...even he would admit that

Conners....good 5 a side player, an average 11 a side player.

So tell me..where did i say that they do not deserve to get paid?

children,children,must be bed time,night night ;)

Guest bruceyboy

your exact words were...."with or without Demo, we would still pump Vospers! hes overated, bad player. Donners and conners are shocking, five a side players. big time charlies, overated players" you then went on to laugh at the fact they are getting paid and you wernt.

for the record i am friends with these players i have mentioned.

your exact words were...."with or without Demo, we would still pump Vospers! hes overated, bad player. Donners and conners are shocking, five a side players. big time charlies, overated players" you then went on to laugh at the fact they are getting paid and you wernt.

for the record i am friends with these players i have mentioned.

Your deluded pal........and now you have said that...its made it even clearer who you are!!

hahahaha..im now starting to find this amusing.

Guest bruceyboy

well, why not come play for vospers then mate? come on? if you can handle it in a higher league. you never know, you could be playing centre back alongside me!....if you got in our team lol

well, why not come play for vospers then mate? come on? if you can handle it in a higher league. you never know, you could be playing centre back alongside me!....if you got in our team lol

Well get me involved then.....then il take your place and play along side someone else.

dont think so mate. dont slate vospers or our players.....your name is mud down here....just you watch us climb the table and prove people like you wrong

Or?You really think im bothered about what you or anyone else at that club thinks....iv heard all about your team..getting your pants pulled down in training by your 2nd team...you must be one hell of a player, not!!

Guest The King

Parkway 2nds = Terrible

Millbrook = Very Terrible

Vospers = Terribly Terrible - Worst team in mens football in the uk in the football pyramid (check the stats on www.worstfootballteamintheuk.co.uk)

I have seen all the players mentioned on this post and none of you are that good at all if we are honest we are all glorified pub players who can't cut in the Peninsula Prem and that is saying something!!!

and as for that foz ive heard he's out of his depth this season

and Mel Coto grow some Mitres

scored 2 on my debut and assist then got called up to wadebridge and holsworthy. got called up against ;aunceston a few weeks back but couldnt attend! but the kings right

at the end of the day everyones entitled to an opinion whether or not its a gash one is another story and if they doubt i tend to prove them wrong!

granted he got cocky and arrogant right!! :lol: however ive calmed down since DJM football lol

Guest wrighty_9

ha ha this was a good read...mates with all the names mentioned and they are all good lads and players and could all play in the peninsula prem...end of!! :smiley20:

Guest bruceyboy

haha wrighty, the legend that is....now theres a player of quality!! even sam chitty would struggle to keep tabs on that lad!!! how are ya pal...still making lotsa shapes in oceanas bananas

Guest wrighty_9

im all good brucey except im strugglin to figure out who u really r if u could enlighten me??

and yh still bossin the dancefloor in oceana...well tryin anyways...ha ha got to be done!!

Guest Peppermint

I think that Hedgerow and Truro's Mr M have summed it up - it is geting very boring. Why don't you send pm's to each other with your insults and then the rest of the Forum does not have to put up with so much utter rubbish!!!!!!

Guest Peppermint

Thanks for that information I would have never worked that out.

My point was the Forum is cluttered up with over 40 postings of personal abuse to do with obviously some petty vendetta!!!!!