Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

Leggo Park (Falmouth Docks)

Now covered by Bickland Industrial Estate

The Glebe (Penryn Athletic)

Farmers field off Love Lane, also partly covered by a cemetery

Loscombe Road (?) (Four Lanes)

Overgrown

The old St Erth ground at the end of Long Lane.

Barripper. (I helped make that from waste ground at the back of the playing field)

A Nancegollan pitch somewhere on the downs above the village.

Herland Rangers ground just down from Godolphin Cross.

St Ives Dodgems ground up from Lelant on the road towards the Tyrringham Arms.

A pitch in the valley behind Roseworthy (Can't remember who played there, maybe a Hayle side.)

Guest Postie Pidge

Flushing - Trefusis Point

Now a farmers cows field usually full of cows - I wonder how many balls they lost a game

Mylor - Weir Road

Remains a farmers field. I think the pitch was on the right hand side on the way down to Restronguet Weir

Falmouth Town - Ashfield

Now under the 'Park and Float' building

Falmouth Town - Union Corner

Still in existence and is the middle of the three pitches on the right hand side opposite the Channel 4 aeriel

Stithians - New Churchyard Field

Still in existance as the cricket pitch

Oldasitgets - If you mean who played at Connor Downs in the corner field off the road to Trevaskis Farm "Pick your Own",it was J & F Pool.

I think not. I feel that I played on a pitch down in the valley on the Camborne side of Roseworthy. Every time I drive past, I look for traces right down there in the valley. BUT I may be completely wrong and imagining it. As you know, age does play funny tricks on what is left of the memory.!

Guest Postie Pidge

What about Carharrack's old pitch on the road out to United Downs, from when they were a Combo side and even won it (1973?)? The remains of the old prefab that was their changing rooms are still visible from the road. The new ground is really good.

How much is visable? What is it now?

Raymond Road

Good pitch but sadly lacking in drainage due to its previous existance

It is still an open field on the road up to the scrapyards.

As Tom said,the old pre-fab changing rooms are still visible on one side of the field.

How many football pitches have St.Day had over the years?

I recall pitches at Cox Hill,Checewater,another at Scorrier,one down at Vogue on the opposite side of the road to where they are now and the current one,of course.

Guest postman pat

clifton road,park bottom redruth. not sure but i think it was roskear rangers. graham quick,dave forward and david james played for them i think.

trevu,camborne rbl played at crane road beside camborne rugby club where the school is now.

tms used to play on the way to carnon downs in the middle of nowere.used to change in cars.

who can forget the one in three slope at treliske. :lol:

a div police use to play on the pitch beside the park road pitch that we use now.

hayle used to play down the hill from were they are now opposite the school.

what about the old narrow pitch that st.agnes used to play on before they moved to enys park.

just remembered falmouth docks opposite the industrial estate

Raymond Road

Good pitch but sadly lacking in drainage due to its previous existance

That one was never rocket science really. Used to be an old reservoir. I was always banned from going up there when I was young. All they did when the reservoir became defunct was fill it in with hardcore and earth and plant some grass seeds. I've got a 1975 tomahawk bike in there somewhere if anyone ever manages to find it! lol :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bugle's pitch old south western league pitch where nigel martyn used to play his football.

St Columb Major's old weldhens field pitch just outside of st columb major industrial estate which is now a buisness park with borders books factory ( but ive heard its changing to st austell brewery) and worlds apart factory. Nice pitch with the old static caravan as the changing rooms.

St Eval's football pitches where RAF St Mawgan sunday team played.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sam Boston

It's just outside Perranporth, just off the road to St. Agnes opposite the Cligga Industrial Estate and there is currently work being done up there to make it playable again next season - as we now have 3 teams

And two 11-a-side youth teams Jamie :D

• 3 months later...
Guest meady

Castle's old pitch at the bottom of Carn Brea. Not sure if the pitch at Tolgus Fields was used for league games? both still there as open space.

MALABAR AFC had 2 pitches at Baldhu!!!! The lane up to the second one could take the bottom of your car off if you went over 10 miles an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a team!!! :thumbsup: If i ever win the lottery Malabar will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Guest Postie Pidge

Trelawny - down at Newlyn Coombe, Penzance

Gulval - a field up at Nancledra

Porthcurno Exiles - up by the Minack

St. Levan - a field opposite the cricket pitch

Don't Mousehole 3rds play at Newlyn Coombe?

St Levan, is that on the same site or a field across the road?

That Malabar pitch was a big one too and they were your first club i seem to recall Mark.

Gulval also played at Badger's Cross,i think.

Where is Badger's Cross?

Are there any traces of the old Malabar pitches at Baldhu?

Oh the good old days at Fourlanes , we started in the playing field then moved to a field behind the Victoria Inn , then across to beside the Vicarage at Pencoys then back out towards Redruth at Nicholas Avenue all before Lanyon Park and Loscombe Road !!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Good teams as well ........Dennis Hicks , Alan Treloar ,Terry Caddy and Laurel Eathorne not much got past that back four ..........alive !!!!

Nigel Hale , Malcolm Caddy, Joey Wills up front ....loads of goals between them .

so many others that wore the Starlings shirt ..........

Happy days late 60`s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Postie Pidge

I presume Nicholas Avenue is no longer around.

Zebedee, in their season in the Sunday League, they played on Loscombe Road (opposite the school more or less). The goalposts were still up up to a few weeks ago but now a horse has moved in. How come they moved from there to Clijah?

MALABAR AFC had 2 pitches at Baldhu!!!! The lane up to the second one could take the bottom of your car off if you went over 10 miles an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a team!!! :thumbsup: If i ever win the lottery Malabar will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

same here mate

me and the lads were thinking last season about entering a team into the mining league as "malabar" if we got are act together would you fancy it? pap has a picture of the old malabar team hanging on his wall in cornish crecant some side he had :clapper: :clapper:

yeh first club nig!!! was 13 when i had my first game for them! left winger!!! would'nt be allowed now! got looked after by all the lads though! remember pete gunner,joe thompson and john davy coming around the house and talking my dad into letting me play men's football!!! was on schoolboy forms at bristol city at the time! they never knew!!! brilliant days though and i would'nt have swapped them for the world! say hello to pete tms 9! great bloke,excellent manager.if we ever re form im there mate!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Not too sure if this one counts but it was the home of Newquay Junior School and St Michaels Coasters (Newquay youth team). The legendary LITTLE WEMBLEY. Down by the the park now owned by Newqauy zoo and home to some sprinkboks or something!!!