Cornwall Football Forum

Radio Cornwall

Radio Cornwall  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen more, the same or less to Radio Cornwall Sports Programme compared to last saeason?

• More
    • The Same
    • Less

Guest Postie Pidge

I think it was 1998/99. Without my information to hand, we had a poor start to the season and with Harry Richardson being sent off so early in the game we thought our luck was in, then Foxy and Gilby were sent off for fighting and still with a man advantage we again thought we would have enough. I remember feeling really gutted that we only scraped a point.

Guest Postie Pidge

Obviously the football half hour no longer exists! Switched on to hear the end of the results then bloody Mounts Bay report, England rugby then Mounts Bay again. FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty bad again today, forced to listen as it was broad- casted on the bus coming back from Argyle.

Rugby has infiltrated into the soccer roundup in a big way. 'Every kick, Every goal' is a joke.

Interviews with the same people [ managers] as usual, ie Truro City, Liskeard, Wadebridge again. Obviously Bobby Oten would have been interviewed but he no doubt was speechless after a 7 - 1 hammering.

We did get an interview with Darren Gilbert, but the questions drifted to what was happening in the Club House.!!!! Shocking bit of coverage of what probaly was a decent game of football.

Next time Argyle are home i must take some headphones and a C D player in case the coach driver switches on radio cornwall.

• 2 weeks later...

:SM_carton:

Radio Cornwall says"You know where to come for sport"....you must be joking!!

On Saturday all we got was rugby,rugby and more rugby. There was a brief mention of Truro City (Do they not know that there are other teams in Cornwall) Also mention of Argyle and scores occasionally from the Premiership, but I can get these results from Radio 5 live.

Emma Vardy repeated rugby scores over and over again but no mention of Peninsula league results.

After 4 p.m. all we got was music when we could have been listening to score updates and interviews. I thought the idea of local radio was to cater for locals but obviously not.

Ms Causey says that they have only had 20 complaints about the sports service, times this by ten and you may be nearer the mark.

Bring back Dave Deacon, Tommy Matthews, Tom Trust and Ross Ellis please.

Chegs

Guest Peppermint

Some very interesting comments regarding Radio Cornwall can now be found on the CSWPL Forum. It appears that most of us are fed up that when travelling back from matches on a Saturday we cannot find out other results.

Hopefully thinga will change with a new presenter but it probably stems from the policies at the top.

As Dave states I think we would all like Stig to expand on his posting!

SWPL Forum - Radio Cornwall Topic

All I shall say at this point is -

GAL - AMP - TON how many times did she say it this way??

Premiership football updates all the time, well if they had to get local scores that would mean they had to work!!!

Incorrect scores, not enough scores, total lack of foresight and research.

No confidence in anyone at the station involved in the production of the sports programme.

She advertised the Laurence Reed show quite a bit, so I am going to take her up on that offer to 'get something' off my chest and ring up and on Wednesday, if I ever get on the show, I would suggest that everyone who is pee'd off with her and the sports programme phone up and complain.

Guest Postie Pidge

"Fergus Nevin what a great name for a footballer"

"Fergus Nevin, a name to look out for"

Fergus has been around for a few years now, OK so he hasn't played this season and St Blazey have snapped him up but he has been a regular at Falmouth, Truro and Tavistock so it's not like he's new to the area and never played before

I even added my tuppence worth to the Beeb. The more you think of it the more you realise that the Beeb are in a constant cut back mode. The problem is and what I pointed out to them is that Cornwall is in fact a special case. It does not have a professional football club and it does not have a top class rugby club. If the Pirates are not dping well they will go off elsewhere. Its the same with the All Blacks. Almost every guest sumeriser who comes on calls them Launceston but they insist in calling themselves the All Blacks. There is only one All Blacks and they are thousands of miles away.

I'm glad I do not listen to it anymore I've even removed the station from my car radio so as not to listen to Radio Rugby. Unfortunately the BBC will do as they damn well please.

Radio Cornwall was always awful. I used to do match summaries for Pirate and thought about a switch back in the mid-nineties. I came to a Truro-Falmouth match at Treyew Road. Falmouth and Liskeard were neck and neck at the top of the league. It was the last day of the season and Tom Trust was reporting. Someone called Truscott kept cutting off his reports to go to Ladies' Gig Racing from St Agnes. People clustered round the radio car, eager to find the latest score from Penlee Park, where Liskeard were playing their final game. The studio reported it the wrong way round.

Tom, Tommy and Dave and other commentators who knew the game were lions being led by donkeys. Look at the silly old codgers who were in shock-and-awe over Russell Brand. I thought the only barbers providing haircuts like that were already dead.The BBC is a Home Counties organisation. We are the Cornish. Withdraw your licence fee.

Emma Vardy....is she John Roberts in disguise ?

Russell Brand knows his football. I like his style. Perhaps the Cornish F.A. could offer him a job. He may not be a St Juster, but he's got a St Just attitude. He's the most admirable media personality I've seen since my hero Jose Mourinho. :c: :drink:

Radio Cornwall was always awful. I used to do match summaries for Pirate and thought about a switch back in the mid-nineties. I came to a Truro-Falmouth match at Treyew Road. Falmouth and Liskeard were neck and neck at the top of the league. It was the last day of the season and Tom Trust was reporting. Someone called Truscott kept cutting off his reports to go to Ladies' Gig Racing from St Agnes. People clustered round the radio car, eager to find the latest score from Penlee Park, where Liskeard were playing their final game. The studio reported it the wrong way round.

Tom, Tommy and Dave and other commentators who knew the game were lions being led by donkeys. Look at the silly old codgers who were in shock-and-awe over Russell Brand. I thought the only barbers providing haircuts like that were already dead.The BBC is a Home Counties organisation. We are the Cornish. Withdraw your licence fee.

Emma Vardy....is she John Roberts in disguise ?

Russell Brand knows his football. I like his style. Perhaps the Cornish F.A. could offer him a job. He may not be a St Juster, but he's got a St Just attitude. He's the most admirable media personality I've seen since my hero Jose Mourinho. :c::drink:

you talking about me rod,thats so nice of you :thumbsup:

Granted Emma Vardy maybe boring on the radio and have the charisma of a dead dog but surely the porblem does lie higher above. As stated earlier in this post she will only have a limited input in what she 'covers'. The problem is with the ' Donkeys' higher up in RC. Its Radio Cornwall not Radio 5. we want to hear Cornish Results not National!!!!

Think the BBC need to sort it out ASAP!!!

Although writing to Emma Vardy and Radio Cornwall many times, not once have I had a reply, needless to say like many others I DO NOT LISTEN ANYMORE.

I intend writing to the government for a refund of my BBC portion of the TV/Radio licence fee, at the same time suggesting they close down Radio Cornwall who think so highly of a useless bimbo.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Postie Pidge

Who is that guy they have doing the scores? Firstly he would read the scores the wrong way (a pet hate of mine) - Truro 4 Didcot 2 before correcting himself. He also commented that there "wasn't long left" at 4.30 - Premiership games kick off at 3.00 so there was at least 20 minutes left!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Peppermint

Sorry to bring this topic up once again but when travelling back to Newquay from Porthleven on Saturday I tried to find out other results in the various leagues. It was very hit and miss to say the least.

Now that Ms Vardy has departed and Jamie Reed has taken over it is fairly obvious that he is a better presenter but the overall content is still lacking as far as the average Cornwall football follower is concerned.

On Saturday we had not one but four lengthy reports re the rugby matches and an over long interview with Chris Webb bemoaning the fact that the Thatcham game was called off at the last moment [ yes no problem with reporting that] but not then to leave other Cornish football clubs out altogether.

There then followed after another half an hour of rugby at 5pm lots of reports re FA Cups that could have been listened to on Radio 5 Sport. Surely the local radio station should be reporting on local games - very sketchy results read out.

Oh for the days of Dave Deacon's Half an hour - Tom Trust and Ken Reed reporting from a match but that seems to have gone. Sorry for the moan but talking to other people in the football world it seems that my views are not alone!