Cornwall Football Forum

Advert for the West Britain

Guest watcher

:SM_carton: :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

D A Hughes (above) wonders if it's 'erudition' that 'clouds' the issues sometimes.

No, not at all. It's things like the threats against free-speech that Heaney's lawyers are being encouraged - no expense spared - to write to the likes of the 'West Briton', in order to silence their exposure of the facts. (Yes, they do have a minute 'vested interest' in the payment of their own account, but in reality, it's not exactly going to unseat the company !) Why, when they print 3 entire pages about one man and his actions last week, for example, do they feel it necessary to disable the 'Comment' function normally afforded on every other topic ?

The same is true for other people, and in other places, where the truth is set to emerge about the Heaney 'empire'. Throw enough money at it, and of course you can silence most things for a while, but you really do have to ask yourself why this should be necessary - particularly when the amounts we're talking about could readily have settled a good few legitimate debts.

The fact remains that IF Heaney has the money, then he should pay up, no excuses, no dodges - if he saw the writing on the wall, he didn't have to compromise anyone, and he could still try to right a few wrongs, if only a few.

But IF he doesn't, then how long has he been misleading everyone, and why, and aren't these matters for the police and his receivers ?

Watcher.Ive missed you over the last couple of days.But you really are a .....

They are facts.Unless BBC News are telling lies.?

The reason I said,if it is true,was because I won't trust Mr Brown as far as I could throw him.Do you.?

Ironic was used because after all the anti Heaney muck slinging.

I thought it would be nice if everyone came out of this financially happy.

But I get the feeling certain people dont want a happy solution,so they can continue throwing knives

into certain peoples back.

To prove your ignorance even further,you ask if Im on the payroll.Im not even going to lower myself

to your level,and answer that.

As I have said on numourous occasions.It is my opinion.Think you got a problem getting that into your

head.

Your reply to D A Hughes is unbeleivable.You really need to get you head out the sand.You just dont get it

at all.This a FORUM for peoples opinions.

Why, when they print 3 entire pages about one man and his actions last week, for example, do they feel it necessary to disable the 'Comment' function normally afforded on every other topic?

Just a thought - they may possibly be a bit concerned that the website may go into meltdown due to a startling number of responses from:

1) Level headed people without a conspiracy theory.

2) People who understand what limited liability status means.

3) People who can emphasise their point without excessive over-articulation and criticising those that make the odd spelling error or two.

Are you thinking that we could all access higher Spelling lessons ?

propeganda

Like I said, just a thought.

PS. Perhaps local news is short on the ground; there are only so many times that the postman can have his push bike stolen from outside the local Spar shop!

:SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

D A Hughes (above) wonders if it's 'erudition' that 'clouds' the issues sometimes.

No, not at all. It's things like the threats against free-speech that Heaney's lawyers are being encouraged - no expense spared - to write to the likes of the 'West Briton', in order to silence their exposure of the facts. (Yes, they do have a minute 'vested interest' in the payment of their own account, but in reality, it's not exactly going to unseat the company !) Why, when they print 3 entire pages about one man and his actions last week, for example, do they feel it necessary to disable the 'Comment' function normally afforded on every other topic ?

The same is true for other people, and in other places, where the truth is set to emerge about the Heaney 'empire'. Throw enough money at it, and of course you can silence most things for a while, but you really do have to ask yourself why this should be necessary - particularly when the amounts we're talking about could readily have settled a good few legitimate debts.

The fact remains that IF Heaney has the money, then he should pay up, no excuses, no dodges - if he saw the writing on the wall, he didn't have to compromise anyone, and he could still try to right a few wrongs, if only a few.

But IF he doesn't, then how long has he been misleading everyone, and why, and aren't these matters for the police and his receivers ?

thanks again watcher,off like a light again last, hoped u be on here tonight,ohh well beter get a warm milk to do the trick :drink:

I have just returned from a 6 weeks holiday in Canada,

& I picked up the West Briton of the 16th of Oct reference to Keven Heaney, & his firm becoming Insolvent,

Mr Heaney is still a very rich man, I would have thought that if he is as honest as he says he is the why did he not clear his debts out of his own fortune,?

the people that he owes money to are mostly local firms,

surely it was in his own interest to clear these debts owed to these firms,

because as things now stand, he is unable to call himself an honest man, & that is a great pity,

because no one will now ever wish to do buisness with him again,

I also think that the law should be changed so that if a firm goes bust then the money should be taken from the persons personal furtune to pay off the debt,

after all we are now running into hard times these people who are owed money can ill afford to not be paid what they are owed,

I have always been of the opinion that Mr Heaney was a very fair & honest man,

It is still not to late for Mr Heaney to be again a much respected Buisness man by paying off these debts out of his own personal firtune.

Hammers :c: :c:

Mitch: What are you talking about, Keven Heaney owned Cornish Home it was his Company,

So therfore he has to take responsability,

What hapens if you are buying your House & do not pay your mortgage,

they come and reposess your house, because you are responsable for the payments,

the same applies to Mr Heaney only difference is you loose your house ,he keeps his fortune do you call that fair ?

Hammers :SM_carton_y::lol::c: :c:

Hammers,go back and read all the posts on this subject,you will see its not about being fair,but being a

buisnessman.

a bussiness man with no morals and no thought for anyone else (165 small companys) but himself.

If Mr Heaney wanted to be fair and help people he would have been a samaratin.

samaratins and good honest people who would always help if they could ,, probaly give there last pennies to help , not have (reported) 100 million and still leave others out of pocket,

the money spent on the legal team he probaly has working on the case would go along way to paying the monies owed or maybe they will be told to send there invoice to someone else and never get any money

the truth will come out in time and i am sure all the invoices will have to be paid, with intrest i hope

Guest watcher

Well SS, when you have to resort to illogic or weak sarcasm to make your point, it's clear you're on a losing wicket.

On the one hand there's sharp, legitimate, if at times unpleasant business conduct, and then on the other, there's underhandedness or criminal intent - quite a difference between the two obviously - one being just about OK, the other distinctly not.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The reason sarcasim is aimed at you lot is that,you take notice of it.

While I post on here about Goverment help,for small buisnesses with financial difficulties,and a happy

ending,that gets totally ignored,so that anyone who dont agree with you wallies,keep getting knives

thrown at them.

As you keep saying,you will win this debate and Mr.Heaney will pay.

So why dont you keep quiet,and wait for the outcome.?

Somersetman,

Who do you think you are? Mr professor, I have read all of the threads, & you seem to have had the most to say, setting yourself up as the only one who knows what he is talking about,

Let us turn this around a bit, I wonder what your comments would have been if you were one of the people owed money by Mr Heaney, or if you had lost your Job through his actions, or even if you had lost you home because you could no longer keep up the payments to the bank, I agree Mr Heaney has not broken any law, but that still does not make it alright, not if you are one of the people that he owes money to,

I also agree with you that it is time you went to bed because you are begining to bore some of us people in Gods own County of CORNWALL, so I am blowing the whistle on you Good Night,

Hammers :SM_carton_y::c::SM_carton_y::SM_carton_y::SM_carton_y::c::c: :thumbsup:

B------s.Im not going to bed.You didnt answer the question asked.What do think of the chance of

Gordon Browns idea of helping small buisnesses.For it or not.?

But I will answer yours.

If the boot was on the other foot and I was owed money.I would not be happy for sure.

But what could I do legally.?The guy have broken no rules and committed no crime.?

I know it is not fair,and have said,I sympathise,but my arguement is in the previous sentence.

By the way,dont spout on about Cornwall,I was born and lived there for 40 years,and proud of it.

Guest Sport Lover

I am a small businessman owed money by other small businessmen and its not very nice. It causes distrust and financial problems.

Most small local businessmen would of jumped at the chance to do work at Truro City FC and for Truro City FC expecting to be paid by Truro FC and then trusting Kevin Heaney when they were told to invoice Cornish Homes and now feel 100% let down by it all.

I dont know some of the forum members employment status but if you are given your word by the owner of a company and shock hands then thats good enough for me to be a deal. You take that as a contract or is their no honour amongst business people dispite being local business people??

Guest watcher

:SM_carton: :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

SS talks a lot about other people ignoring a 'point' he's trying to make.

SS, this is because, as points go, it's fairly 'pointless' - the fact is, that so far as government grant is concerned, Heaney wouln't even get off the starting blocks. Do you seriously see any self-respecting council officer or government official touching either him, or his businesses with a bargepole after this latest fiasco. It'd be more than their jobs were worth.

When it comes to ignoring points though, you seem to be pretty good at it yourself, especially it seems, when they get too close for comfort. Questions such as : 'Are you on the payroll ?' for example; or, 'How is it that you seem to know more about Heaney's business than Heaney himself?'

:lol::lol: :lol:

Mitch: What are you talking about, Keven Heaney owned Cornish Home it was his Company,

So therfore he has to take responsability,

What hapens if you are buying your House & do not pay your mortgage,

they come and reposess your house, because you are responsable for the payments,

the same applies to Mr Heaney only difference is you loose your house ,he keeps his fortune do you call that fair ?

:D

What am I talking about? :clapper: Hammers, the fact that you asked that question tells me that you have a little bit of research to do. You just can't compare a personal financial responsibility (like a loan secured against a residential property) to a company of limited liability status. Although you do seem to have changed your position slightly since that post.

I agree Mr Heaney has not broken any law

The people that are creditors of Cornish Homes will seek their own recourse and good luck to them. Creating hypothetical situations about 'what if you were one of the creditors' or 'I'd use my own money to settle money owed' is pure conjecture and none of us could say exactly what we'd do until we were in this position, especially if doing the right thing meant losing everything.

Whether you agree with Somersetspur or not, there is every chance that his points of view are likely to be the most realistic when this matter is brought to a conclusion. Then you can debate about ethics until the cows come home, but there is a chance that such conversation could prove to be meaningless in the end.

Guest watcher

:c: :c::c:

You can give up on the ethical arguments if you like Mitch, but clearly you understand why they remain as important as they do for so many people. Those people will stand up to be counted, whether there are expensve lawyers waiting in the wings to prevent freedom of speech or not.

Conjecture would be one thing, damning evidence is of course quite another - and there's certainly plenty of that to forage through.

:c::c::c:

You can give up on the ethical arguments if you like Mitch, but clearly you understand why they remain as important as they do for so many people. Those people will stand up to be counted, whether there are expensve lawyers waiting in the wings to prevent freedom of speech or not.

Conjecture would be one thing, damning evidence is of course quite another - and there's certainly plenty of that to forage through.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thanks ^_^

Guest watcher

:blink:

Well, after reading the new feed, it's to be hoped that you're not on the payroll after all SS; or that at the very least, you're good at pulling off quick sideways moves.

I think the law is such that if you are a Director of a company then you have a liability as a shareholder for the amount of shares you have in that company. If the company goes belly up then all you are liable for is the vaulae of the shares you own which is part of the assets of the company. If it is not a limited company then you are liable for all the debts of the company. I'm sure some legal eagle will elaborate.

A person cannot be guilty of an offence if say the company was running legally but crashed because of economic factors outside their control . There is another point in that if the company was reckless in its business affairs then that is a different matter.

What I dont understand is why the gentleman was told to invoice Cornish Homes for Truro City work - when as I understand it Cornish Homes was nothing to do with Truro City, they were only the clubs main sponsors. Truro City FC is owned by Heaney Commercial

Here is an extract from the HEANEY COMMERCIAL web site.

Welcome to Heaney Commercial. We let, build and acquire commercial property throughout the South West. If you’re looking for the right commercial property for your business or have a surplus property or site to dispose of, we’d be happy to discuss it in the no-nonsense, professional manner our clients have come to expect.

:huh: Owned by Kevin Heaney, chairman of Truro City FC, :huh: we’re in negotiations to build a 16,000-seater state-of-the-art stadium for the club when it moves away from its current ground to allow for growth of the club.

What do you make of that. It says under Heaney Commercial that Heaney owns the club so the bill should have gone to Heaney Commercial. Was the businessman wrongly advised over his bill, if so he must now invoice the correct company, or send his bill directly to Truro City FC. Why should a sponsor pay the bills for something it didn't own. :mellow: Unless of course the bills were paid by Cornish Homes as part of the sponsorship deal.

It gets more intriguing every day.

At the end of the day. Truro City FC must come through this and quickly.

Guest watcher

I think the law is such that if you are a Director of a company then you have a liability as a shareholder for the amount of shares you have in that company. If the company goes belly up then all you are liable for is the vaulae of the shares you own which is part of the assets of the company. If it is not a limited company then you are liable for all the debts of the company. I'm sure some legal eagle will elaborate.

A person cannot be guilty of an offence if say the company was running legally but crashed because of economic factors outside their control . There is another point in that if the company was reckless in its business affairs then that is a different matter.

What I dont understand is why the gentleman was told to invoice Cornish Homes for Truro City work - when as I understand it Cornish Homes was nothing to do with Truro City, they were only the clubs main sponsors. Truro City FC is owned by Heaney Commercial

Here is an extract from the HEANEY COMMERCIAL web site.

Welcome to Heaney Commercial. We let, build and acquire commercial property throughout the South West. If you’re looking for the right commercial property for your business or have a surplus property or site to dispose of, we’d be happy to discuss it in the no-nonsense, professional manner our clients have come to expect.

:huh: Owned by Kevin Heaney, chairman of Truro City FC, :huh: we’re in negotiations to build a 16,000-seater state-of-the-art stadium for the club when it moves away from its current ground to allow for growth of the club.

What do you make of that. It says under Heaney Commercial that Heaney owns the club so the bill should have gone to Heaney Commercial. Was the businessman wrongly advised over his bill, if so he must now invoice the correct company, or send his bill directly to Truro City FC. Why should a sponsor pay the bills for something it didn't own. :mellow: Unless of course the bills were paid by Cornish Homes as part of the sponsorship deal.

It gets more intriguing every day.

At the end of the day. Truro City FC must come through this and quickly.

Thank goodness ECPL, that some people have got a real grasp of the situation - you are quite right of course.

Just because there were days gone-by when this sort of so-called 'business' practice went unchecked, didn't mean that it was ever 'ok', and in any case, those days are long gone. The three Revenue representitives at the Liquidation of Cornish Homes weren't all there for a ride-out to Exeter, but because there's such a complex inter-weaving of Company interests, they mean to get to the bottom of things once and for all.

Smokescreens aside, they won't be going away in a hurry, and are quite likely to regard all or any of the tangled 'empire' as fair game.

Guest Man on the Post

The legal process is in motion and will run it's course. The Liquidator, (an expert - unlike any of us!), will look at all the facts and produce his report. I think I'll place my faith in the Liquidators report rather than the assumptions made on this thread. :D

Guest watcher

The legal process is in motion and will run it's course. The Liquidator, (an expert - unlike any of us!), will look at all the facts and produce his report. I think I'll place my faith in the Liquidators report rather than the assumptions made on this thread. :D

:SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

Do that by all means, but you're making a lot of assumptions yourself about the 'expertise' of people on this thread, many of whom are very evidently qualified to have a relevant opinion, whether professionally or by virtue of having first-hand evidence and experience.

Guest watcher

:c: :c::c:

You know that when there's one party, ostensibly with "deep pockets", it's difficult enough for ordinary people to counter injustice, and most importantly, to make sure that others do not continue to be taken in, and suffer untold damage as a result.

But The West Briton has had the courage to speak out, and to record the facts plain and simple. This is a starting point, not an end to the matter. Truth will out and should not be gagged. You can call telling the truth 'bitching' if you like, but I'd call it 'stating the facts'.

People who con and deceive others rely on the principles of divide and rule - it's where their power-base derives from, an assumption that the people who are being deceived will not know or meet the others, or swap notes, and so have access to justice; an assumption that 'spin' will carry them through. Sadly there are still people out there who continue to be open and vulnerable, who have placed their trust in appearances, and it's the duty of people who do know right from wrong to help them.

Guest watcher

Watcher Just a question for you are you owed money from all this

I suspect this is at least two questions really. Either way, and whatever the answer(s), your reply might not move the debate forward (and in any case I can't see that the answers really should or do affect the principles).

For instance, if the answer was to be "No", you'd probably ask me then what business it is of mine, and why don't I leave it to injured parties to fight their own corner.

If the answer was to be "Yes", you'd probably say that I was partisan, and should leave matters to the liquidator, who'd get there in the end.

So, no win either way - not unlike the position in which those who've been deceived find themselves : some comfort, perhaps, in not being alone, but none in knowing that the miseries have spread.

We are all victims in this, because it doesn't reflect well that cheats are allowed to prosper at the expense of people who are (other than in spirit at least) less fortunate than themselves.

Truro City beat Tiverton Town 4-3 at Tiverton last night in the Southern League Cup.

A magnificent effort seem Tiverton are in a League above Truro.

Truro also fielded a team of fringe and reserve team players,making the victory more remarkable.

I know you Truro s--t slingers are probably not intrested.

So from Somerset Spur,well done Truro City and all that are connected to them.