Cornwall Football Forum

Youth Football in Cornwall

I was just wondering what the standard of youth football and coaching is like in Cornwall? Although I grew up in Cornwall, I've spent the last 10 or so years coaching in London. I've recently moved back and was wondering which clubs have good youth set ups down here?

I'm aware Wendron have a good set up, but where else would you find Level 2 & 3 coaches working? Are they just found working in adult football?

The reason I'm asking as I was curious to know if there would be any interest in a Coaches Seminar Evening type of thing where a couple of my friends who work at Chelsea and Watford Academies would come down and put on some drills and do a Q&A sessions for some keen coaches down here.

Wadebridge Twon are an FA Charter standrad community club offering organised football to children from 4yrs upwards. We run soccertots, mini-soccers/skills centre and have orgainsed teams from Under 7 to Under 18, including Girls U13 & 15. All of our youth coaches are qualified to L1, and we currently have 3 working towards L2.

We actively encourage players from our senior teams to get involved with the coaching of the youngsters and coach education programmes, and currently have two of our first team involved with the skills centre and one of the youth teams is coached by a first team player.

I am sure our club would be interested in finding out more about this opportunity.

I suggest you also contact St Agnes AFC - Chairman Mandy Kimmins 01872 553650 or 07974 370666 - we are a forward thinking FA Charter Standard Development Club - planning to achieve Community Club Status in October - 3 x Mens teams, 2 x Veterans Teams, 2 x Ladies Teams, Girls, Youth, Boys & Mini's!

Thrilled to be Cornwall FA County Charter Standard Development Winners 2008 - always looking for new opportunities to progress.

We currently have 2 level 2 coaches with all our other coaches at Level 1.

I'm sure Perranporth would be interested in this as we run youth teams at under 9, 11, 13 and 15. You could contact the club secretary Helen Edwards on 07790 830418 but I'd be inclined to agree with Stuart Dudley and speak direct to Andy Mitchell at the CCFA.

Culdrose Youth FC have some superb facilities and cater for 24 youth teams including girls and boys. THey currently have 8 Level 2 caches and other 4 in training while all coaches are Level 1 and one who is training for Level 3. Im sure Culdorse would be very interested in getting involved in this, we recently held a coaches day at Culdrose which was put on by Cornwall FA and in particular Level 4 coach Tony Roberts and Plymouth Arygle Youth Goalkeeping coach Peter Foxwell.

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

Trevenson Fc are a charter standerd club but i think it's best to contact the county FA and get a list of the charter standerd clubs in your area then just contact the club and ask if you can come along . Check many clubs as some clubs are run in different ways.