Cornwall Football Forum

£20 Million flop,or £30.?

somersetspur

Scoucers your big day at the weekend,with the Merseyside Derby.

Just a few questions.Robbie Keane,the final peice of the jigsaw?With Torres,was going to terriorise the

Premier League?

7 appearances.No goals.Whats wrong?Needs time to settle I hear.

Roman Pavlyenchenko 1 goal in 3 games.Not so much settling time needed?

The big question,have Spurs done a great bit of buisness.Sold an average striker for £20million,and

purchased an equal player for £13.8 million.

I've already said Defoe will score more goals than Keane.Will Roman do the same?

Darren Bent 3 goals 7 appearances, Berbatov nothing yet,is this a similar story.

Good job Keane and Berbatov are'nt still at Spurs we would'nt have won any games at all with their

scoring record so far this season.

Will Keane play at the weekend or will Benetiz leave the struggling £20 Million pound flop,out?

i dont support spurs or liverpool but with you rock bottom and liverpool near the top i would say the player has made the right choice. only time will tell if liverpool have got the right player. but spurs seem to have paid out a lot of money on some donkeys so what goes around comes around.

As all top managers say.Look at the League tables in May.Then judge.

Anyway.Did you miss the question?Basically,is Robbie Keane a £20 million flop?

in my opinion keane has only ever performed consistently for 2 clubs spurs and coventry!! i dont think he will cut the mustard at spainpool should have stayed put where he was scoring and loved by the spuds the scousers will run out of patience soon and then the pressure will get to much for him!!

Berbatov is terrible! He's only played against Scumpool and Chelski and had no pre season not played hardly any minutes on the field he should have had at least 20 goals by now!!

Jesus man aint you anything else to worry about other than your former players like mid table nothingness at best of a season.....again!!

Guest The Old Man

Gillo, you're a FERKIN HYPOCRITE.....on one hand you say give Berbatov time to settle, improve his fitness and get sharper, I couldn't agree more. :)

However, didn't you absolutely slate the England Manager for not producing results in friendlies???? The same Mr Capello that made Croatia look like a non-league side????? :thumbsup:

Mmmmm...me thinks you have BLINKERS on....you are a NUMPTY!!!!! :wacko:

P.S. good luck in your Duchy League 7 fixture at the weekend....ha ha :smiley20:

As all top managers say.Look at the League tables in May.Then judge.

Surely that statement answers the question below??? :blink:

Did you miss the question?Basically,is Robbie Keane a £20 million flop?

According to reports,Mr. £30 million Berbatov,has been upset,as the British Press has released a story

that his Dad was jailed for 2 years,convicted of gang raping a girl,along with other team members,

whilst in his professional footballing career.Good luck Fergie,trying to get him giving 100%.

As for Spurs,finishing midtable.Just like last season,with a trophy.Will do nicely.Thank you.

Old man I did indeed slate Mr Capello when results were shit for the national side and I did come on this very site very soon after the ONE great result and say well done to all involved, Im sure they appreciated it. The points I made at the time of the poor results were about the fact that he was using the same players same skipper same tactics etc which I personally felt needed changing and I also questioned why he spent the months leading up to the ONE good result looking at the same things the whole nation knew didnt work. He was working with players who are match fit playing week in week out for their clubs, please tell me where these two points of view are similar with my thoughts of Berbatov needing a bit of time to get his match sharpness.

Some interesting questions, Somersetspur.

With Torres,was going to terriorise [sic] the Premier League?

Roman Pavlyenchenko 1 goal in 3 games.Not so much settling time needed?

Good old Roman, prolific Roman banging in a goal against Newcastle to give him an almighty ratio of one goal in three games. He'll need to improve that ratio to get more goals than Keane scored in a Spurs shirt over the last couple of seasons. At this stage you can't really compare them.

Good job Keane and Berbatov are'nt still at Spurs we would'nt have won any games at all with their

scoring record so far this season.

But look at Spurs go now - they are on fire!! Played 5 in the league, won zilch. Beating form side Newcastle in the Carling Cup, hear Mike Ashley even had a fiver on Spurs after losing a few quid on the Stock Exchange. Pretty weak argument to be honest.

The big question,have Spurs done a great bit of buisness.Sold an average striker for £20million,and

purchased an equal player for £13.8 million.

Did you know that the £6.2m profit is just over half of the £11.2m parachute payment for relegation?

The big question,have Spurs done a great bit of buisness

I'd ask Ramos but he's on the phone to his old dear asking if she can sort him out a ticket home.

Good banter... :D

Good god will you all just bloody grow up. A simple question was asked and from reading the responses, it seems a few of you should have a good idea of what simple is :wacko: .

What's with all the bloody name calling, cussing and disrespecting of eachother?.

The answer to the question is IMPOSSIBLE to find at this moment in time. YES Keane has looked somewhat ineffective in a Liverpool shirt but as people have said, "wait until the end of the season to see if he can be described as a flop.

As for Berbatov, Well he NEVER did anything for Spurs in either of his seasons until atleast christmas and then he would come to life and lighten up proceedings on a regular basis. The guy IS quality, he oozes class and he WILL come good for Man Utd

Spurs had 2 very talented players from whom we were able to amass HUGE profits when selling them on. BOTH players are now apparantly at club's that they WANT to play for and as a follower of not just Spurs but the beautiful game as a whole, I hope that they both do well and succeed and continue to grace the best league in the world for many years to come.

BUT I hope they both play cr*p against Spurs ofcourse.

I DONT THINK ROBBIE KEANE SHOULD BE JUDGED ON GOALS BUT ON CONTRIBUTION ,DALGLISH DIDNT SCORE THAT MANY BUT WAS GOOD FOR RUSH,BEARDSLEY WAS GOOD FOR ALDRIGE ,THE LIKES OF BERGKAMP WAS GOOD FOR ANYONE HE PLAYED WITH.BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW THERE IS NO SECTION OF CROWD GETTING ON TO ROBBIE KEANE BECAUSE HE IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE TEAM WITH GOOD WORKRATE SOMETHING THAT YOU CANT ACCUSE BERBATOV OF.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Keano, There's only 1 Keano, There's only 1 Keano, There's only 1 Keano, There's only 1 Keano, KEANO!!!!

He's Ours, He's Red

He talks like Father Ted

Robbie Keane Robbie Keane

Guest ECPL Supporter

Not really too concerned with the price he's a quality player. But on the money side, i'd rather pay over the odds for class than a sign a cheap numpty!!!

• 1 month later...

Im going to leave the Spurs-4rsen4l debate for a moment,and return to this one.

Since this Topic was started,things have got worse for Robbie,Rafael,and Liverpool.

Robbie has now appeared 18 times and scored twice,none in the Premiership,not a £20million+ strikers

record.

He has been subsituted in a high percentage of those games.

Andy Townsend said last night,Mr Keane may have to get used to being on the bench when Torres

returns from injury.

That is very much the case,playing 1 up front,Torres has got to be the man,and with Dirk Kuyt scoring

goals at last,there is no room for £20 million Robbie.A waste of money.

Would that money been spent more wisely on Gareth Barry.?

The big worry is,on some Spurs websites it is said Our Arry is keeping an eye on the situation,with the

view of bringing Keane back to White Hart Lane in a cut price deal in January.

No No No No,please Rafael he will come good,let him continue running around in a red shirt waving his

arms about,looking ever so busy doing F--- all.

As I said before Robbie Keane will not win the Premier league for you.

Torres or Gerrard might.But it is a big MIGHT.

According to reports,Mr. £30 million Berbatov,has been upset,as the British Press has released a story

that his Dad was jailed for 2 years,convicted of gang raping a girl,along with other team members,

whilst in his professional footballing career.Good luck Fergie,trying to get him giving 100%.

As for Spurs,finishing midtable.Just like last season,with a trophy.Will do nicely.Thank you.

Mid-table with a trophy?

Not good enough for MY team!

Guest st george9

He was never worth 20million and never will be , never understood why liverpool got him and let crouch go??keane got a long season on and off the bench..

now berbatov is a class act, and even when he doesnt score his all round play is superb,the man was born to play for united...take away torres and i think liverpool have made some bad buys upfront over the years..

No No No No,please Rafael he will come good,let him continue running around in a red shirt waving his

arms about,looking ever so busy doing F--- all.

I watched the Liverpool game last night, and have to say that I was quite impressed with Keane's hard working performance. As a striker, you are judged on the number of goals. Rightly so. But Keane will get the goals, I don't think there is too much doubt about that. He has a good team around him at Liverpool, and goals will come. Last night, I noticed his off-the-ball running and particularly his closing down when Liverpool were not in possession. Time and time again his efforts resulted in Liverpool gaining back possession due to an aimless ball thumped upfield as Keane closed in. Benitez is no fool, good manager, and although sometimes his substitutions are "unusual" (he has taken off Gerrard before when chasing games????) I think he will make Robbie Keane's move a success.

Mangle,I come on here to get away from you+midfield,and you still follow me and wind me up.

Off the ball running,closing people down,Robbie will score goals.RUBBISH.

Just go away will you.

So you would pay £20.3 million for a striker to chase around and close people down,and win the ball back

for the team,while only contributing 2 goals in 18 appearences.

According to you Keane had a good game last night,no goals and subsituted again.Great.

I said when Torres is fit,and with Kuyt scoring goals,where is Keane going to play.Tell me you clever sod.?

He is going to be on the bench,and he can't score there.

Good job you are not a manager.

There has'nt been much of a responce from you scoucers,but I suppose you will come out of the woodwork

if you manage to beat W.B.A. at the weekend.

If Gerrard can continue his Swan Lake impersonations,Im sure you can win.

Benetiz has explained on the Liverpool Website,the reason behind Keane's failure in front of goal,

it is simply down to LUCK,and Robbie have'nt had any.

Well bless my soul,fancy signing a player for £20.3million,who have to rely on luck.

Rafael you PRAT.Robbie Keane was'nt worth that fee,so just admit you have bought a duck egg.

With Darren Bent scoring more goals than Berbatov+Keane put together.

Then with Roman the Russian scoring on a regular basis.

At this moment,Spurs really look to have completed a fantastic piece of buisness.

Why did Keane need a rest last night.?

I think you will find he has only completed one full 90 minutes for Liverpool this season.

Is he 58 or 28 years old.?

With Darren Bent scoring more goals than Berbatov+Keane put together.

Then with Roman the Russian scoring on a regular basis.

At this moment,Spurs really look to have completed a fantastic piece of buisness.

Why did Keane need a rest last night.?

I think you will find he has only completed one full 90 minutes for Liverpool this season.

Is he 58 or 28 years old.?

Yep, that Bent is really looking like a total waste of money now isn't he :wacko: .. Lying third in the Premiership top scorers and buzzing with confidence and talk of a recall to the England set up (along with the new Glenn Hoddle, Tom Huddlestone).. :thumbsup:

The future's bright, it's blue and white.. COYS, FOYG :P

• 2 weeks later...

You know, Somerset Spur, you're getting so you can't change your mind and won't change the subject . . .

You go on and on about Keane -- and to whom? Who's arguing that he's lived up to his price tag so far? No one 'round here. But you keep on that straw man you're torching so effectively.

And the Stoke thing was weird, but Fulham are not a crap team -- as Spurs learned last week!

Liverpool will be alright; clearly there was just something in the air yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tafc.-gaffa

League tables dont lie!!! We are not up there for Benitez picking the wrong players are we!!! Judge Keane and Torres in may!!!

Tottenham - always been an average side!!!

Oh dear,I was dreading this.

According to some newspapers today,Rafael Benetiz's patience is starting to wear thin with Robbie Keane.

If the right offer came in January,he would be willing to offload him.

Suppose,now Spurs will offer £25 million for him.

Arry please dont do it.

I know all the Robbie lovers,will be bouncing around with enthusiasim.

But he made his bed,and made it clear where he wanted to be,so just leave it.

• 10 months later...

Hmmm something strange going on here

Somersetspur who apparently does not come on here to much now because the topics of conversation are bo**ocks has just replied to his own thread after 10 months, The last post on that thread was on December 6th 2008 and was posted by the one and only somersetspur

Now a post on October 21st 2009 and also another post on the same thread on October 23rd 2009 coupled with a post on October 22nd 2009 on another thread

Now tell me you don’t use this forum much again

Talking bo**ocks my ARSEnal :SM_carton: