Cornwall Football Forum

West Cornwall Sunday League 7/9

Div 1

Booters 3 Camborne Park 2

Eventfull match, which Booters led 2-0 at one stage, but allowed Park to level up midway through the second half!

Booters, probably deservedly, snatched it late on but on this showing both sides will struggle to compete at the top of the league?

Match brilliantly controlled by Mike'Porkie'Carter :clapper:

Guest Postie Pidge

Halsetown 2 - 2 Mpad United (H/T 2-1)

Mike Cudlipp and Stuart Westhead twice equalising for Mpad.

Halsetown reduced to ten men after a punch in the face.

The visitors were lucky to escape with a point after their dodgy keeper gave away a last minute penalty but made amends for it.

It's been reported on the local news down here in Western Australia that Crowntown beat Storm 9-7.

That's right NINE bloody SEVEN.

Must be a bloody joke.

What are the Crowntown defence playing at? Must be a total shambles without me, to let in seven.

I can't remember ever letting in more than five - of course, if you discount all last season - especially our last game against Tremough. And some, well most, of the other games.

Can't find a game. The junior soccer's just finished for the season down here. I'm going to move to another country where they play the game.

Guest mariner

Bill Bill Bill a few moons ago when playing for Kernow Entertainers we stuck 9 past your lot and i megged you to score my 4th, your memory is lapsing in your old age lol

i can confirm that crowntown beat storm 9-7.

i know jamie marles scored 5 for crowntown but dont no the rest of there goalscorers.

for storm adam rhodda and fatso scored 1 each and lee jewell got the other 5.

crazy game to play in, i score 5 goals and still end up on the losing side!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done to crowntown on their win

Gorgie if you fancy a game we could always do with a lino - our's walked away after being threatened to having his eyes ripped out!

If I'm ever down that way I will gladly help out Pidge, is it Draceana or Doggy pitch these days??

The Halsetown match sounded 'slightly' volatile, can I ask who the ref was today!

Guest Postie Pidge

Penzance Astro Park 1 - 2 Falmouth Albion

The Crowntown scorers were Jamie Marles 5, William Bain 2, James Craze and Roger Dundan.

Gorgie - still doggy pitch followed by a long walk to and from the pitch. Today's referee was Simon Berryman

Crowntown 9 Storm 7!

yes i can confirm billy that the mighty Crowtown FC marched onto there first win of the season in this end to end thriller, you could say Crowntown started off with a Stormer......!! you'll like that one beefy!! lol

i grabbed 5(jamie marles!),James Craze got one, will had 2, and late sub rodger had the last one, like you said jules you wont score 5 and be on the losing side very often this season! so despite our criticisms (Geogie!! lol) we beat probably one of the favourites...rock on!!

good luck Storm..

Crowntown 9 Storm 7!

i grabbed 5(jamie marles!),James Craze got one, will had 2, and late sub rodger had the last one, like you said jules you wont score 5 and be on the losing side very often this season! so despite our criticisms (Geogie!! lol) we beat probably one of the favourites...rock on!!

good luck Storm..

I'm just glad you got some game time this weekend Jaime :P what happened at Storm yesterday m8 :unsure:

Might have to improve that defence if you want to top the league JMan, I've informed Oldasitgets he needs to return ASAP :thumbsup:

I hear Bill has got some competition for the oldest player in the league with Dave Spear (59) and Melville Benney (57) making their debuts for Falmouth Albion today (and winning) :clapper:

They may be younger then Bill but with this being Daves competitive football debut there must be plenty of energy in the old legs yet and he must have many years ahead of him :yahoo:

The question will be - have the debutants done enough to keep their places next week or even press for a place in the Saturday team? - we shall have to wait and see.

Anyone waiting for post on Melvilles round tomorrow - it might be a bit later than usual :thumbsup:

Top work on the Pun Jman!! What an exciting game, just like to thank Pricey the man in the orange shorts, with shouts of 'Im so ill', 'why did I go out last night' and my favorite 'I think im gonna be sick' he really captures what sunday league is all about, so my hats off to you my friend and i look foward to seeing you in the reverse fixture! :thumbsup: :drink:

Bill Bill Bill a few moons ago when playing for Kernow Entertainers we stuck 9 past your lot and i megged you to score my 4th, your memory is lapsing in your old age lol

That was years ago before I got all the experience under my belt!

Well done Melville and Dave! Months of training and preparation must have gone into that debut. Just think in 3 or 4 years, they'll both be older than me and I'll be able to relax. :wacko:

Seriously good effort from both of you. Perhaps we could form a "Super-Dooper Vets" side. BUT, there'd be no one to play against.

I note from the Mitoo site that Crowntown has opened up a commanding lead at the top of Div 2. I also note the Storm, one of the favourites for the division are rock bottom! Whata funny old game.

The big question is whether it's possible for any club to even start to close the massive gap that Crowntown has managed to open up.

Gloweth Utd 1 - 2 Truro Railway

This was a class game. both teams being very tight. unexpectadly Gloweth took the lead and dominated teh first half, with rail snatching a late first half goal with a lack of concentration in defence. But hoping we could build on our performance in the first half we came out for the second with nothing! Didn't perform and let the game slip from our hands. credit to Railway for keeping there momentum. Overall a good and equall game. niether team deserved a loss.

Falmouth Albion Scorers were Nathan Angove with Penalty he was in playing goal, and Jack Foote opening his account with his new club. Albion seemed to struggle to get the players to travel down to Penzance on a sunday morning and had to call on Melville Benney and Dave Spear to play, thought the back line did very well for albion as under pressure for most of game with Joe Benney, sam benney and my brother joe doing very well to cut out attacks. Played in great spirit except the refs decision to send neil off for two yellow was a bit harsh, one yellow for hand ball in middle of park and then for asking the ref Y he had not got a penalty after being crunched by two of there players, to be honest should be over turned really. Clear penalty and perfectly entitled to ask the question.

Still annoyed with my brother for getting me up at a stupid time on a sunday morning to give him a lift !!!

Did Threemilestone have a game today Geachy ? Tight match for gloweth what was there line up ?

Falmouth Albion Scorers were Nathan Angove with Penalty he was in playing goal, and Jack Foote opening his account with his new club. Albion seemed to struggle to get the players to travel down to Penzance on a sunday morning and had to call on Melville Benney and Dave Spear to play, thought the back line did very well for albion as under pressure for most of game with Joe Benney, sam benney and my brother joe doing very well to cut out attacks. Played in great spirit except the refs decision to send neil off for two yellow was a bit harsh, one yellow for hand ball in middle of park and then for asking the ref Y he had not got a penalty after being crunched by two of there players, to be honest should be over turned really. Clear penalty and perfectly entitled to ask the question.

Still annoyed with my brother for getting me up at a stupid time on a sunday morning to give him a lift !!!

Did Threemilestone have a game today Geachy ? Tight match for gloweth what was there line up ?

The Falmouth Albion player was sent off because instead of getting on with the game when he was not awarded a penalty he first of all attempted to retaliate against the player who tackled him, and then chased the referee up the pitch moaning about the decision! He was told that the referee did not think it was a penalty & still carried on.

PS you cannot appeal agains being sent off for 2 bookable offences, only against straight red cards.

I suppose Neil will have to pick him self up, and half his leg which fell off after the crunching tackle and get on with his life including serving a ban now for something undeserving, I suppose that is the state of our society. To clear this matter the player in question has stated he didnt have a go at the ref but was only asking the question on why the pk kick was not given, no harm in that and surely is entitled to do so and I feel sorry for the lad Nicest guy in the world, Ref did give a penalty after this which was not a penalty in the slightest, maybe to cover for a previous mistake ?????

Top work on the Pun Jman!! What an exciting game, just like to thank Pricey the man in the orange shorts, with shouts of 'Im so ill', 'why did I go out last night' and my favorite 'I think im gonna be sick' he really captures what sunday league is all about, so my hats off to you my friend and i look foward to seeing you in the reverse fixture! :thumbsup::drink:

Ah Sunday Football........ My first ever game.......The worst idea I have ever had!

I was that smashed when I got to the bar before the game that I was made to drink some rattler! Savage. Add that to the crazy world tour mini-bus and there is no wonder I wasn't feeling well.

A good laugh though and some great attacking/terrible defending from both teams. Well Done Crowntown... was a pleasure to be on the wrong end of an epic to you guys!

That would be ideal but he wasn't there on Sunday. I don't really know as I wanted intending on playing Sunday's, which is why I moaned like a beast all morining after receiving the dreaded call at 8.30 on Sunday morning. Times that that are when you hate yourself for even signing on. hehe

Not even sure what he does on Saturdays now to be honest mate???

Good times! Like having the guy around the club!

Remember your fat friend if you are short of players wed... gotta get fit somehow and all the beer guzzling don't help. Staying in this weekend, gonna check out what Saturday TV is like in the new Millennium!

HAHA!

Guest Postie Pidge

Anyone waiting for post on Melvilles round tomorrow - it might be a bit later than usual

Melville is expected back in work tomorrow after a few days off sick - I wonder why!!

S.F. the bus pass is useless.

When I showed it on a bus in New Zealand, they still made me pay.

I suppose I did get a discount on the ferry between N & S island so shouldn't be too critical. The poor girl hadn't a clue what I was talking about. I think she gave me the discount to get rid of me in case I was dangerous.

In Australia, they haven't a clue about me bus pass. I just have to pay.

Wait 'til I get to India.

• 2 weeks later...