Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tommy Matthews

Cornwall County Youth Trials

My reading of Tommy's criteria is that Cornish born players could be considered whatever level they are playing currently.

No .... I think you'll find all players have to be playing at Senior level :c:

The original post read

The trials are open to all players born on or after September 1st 1990, players must have been born in Cornwall, or currently playing for a club in Cornwall at a level of East Cornwall Premier League, Cornwall Combination League or higher.

Notice the word or after born in cornwall...... its not and

So as long as the player is born in Cornwall surely any youth player can attend the trial? (senior or junior status).

Unfortunately its a bit stupid that players have to be playing senior football to qualify for the county team. surely heresay would qualify an good u18 player but grammatically anyone cornish is available according to mr matthews. Especially if ther being loyal and playing for their local village/town instead of just playing with a bunch of strangers.

I play for a senior team and have come from a duchy 2 team and am pretty confident there are plenty of 'junior' teams would easily compete in the east cornwall and combo league.