Cornwall Football Forum

Keane,s Departure

Keane has signed for Liverpool,for 19 million+ 1.3million compensation.

Signed 4 deal year worth 80,000 a week.

Soon forgot his loyalty to Spurs with those terms.

Now I will get stick for saying this.But good riddance.

He will get booed by me,when he returns to the Lane.

A few months ago,he was staying at Spurs,for as long as we wanted him.

Extended his contract,gave him a rise.What s--t do we get.

Im a Liverpool lifetime supporter.B-----ks.

He choose Wolves instead when he came here first.

The only difference with him and Campbell is he signed for Liverpool.

Well done Mr Levy.

Once Keane handed in a transfer request,Levy had no choice

Tottenham will be around a lot longer than Keane.

Guest 5legs

i personally am gutted that keano has left us.if any body had said to me at the start of the transfer window that he would leave i would have laughed.i thought he was goin to stay for the remainder of his playin career.i wish him well as he has always given his best for us.hopefully we will use the money to buy bently now although it would be pointless as we wont have any strikers left for him to provide any service to.looks like another mid table finish4 us again!!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Keane has signed for Liverpool,for 19 million+ 1.3million compensation.

Signed 4 deal year worth 80,000 a week.

Soon forgot his loyalty to Spurs with those terms.

Now I will get stick for saying this.But good riddance.

He will get booed by me,when he returns to the Lane.

A few months ago,he was staying at Spurs,for as long as we wanted him.

Extended his contract,gave him a rise.What s--t do we get.

Im a Liverpool lifetime supporter.B-----ks.

He choose Wolves instead when he came here first.

The only difference with him and Campbell is he signed for Liverpool.

Well done Mr Levy.

Once Keane handed in a transfer request,Levy had no choice

Tottenham will be around a lot longer than Keane.

Top signing and posts like this show how p****d off the fans are which must mean they're gonna miss him. Quality!!!

I think it's a good deal for everyone,

Spurs get £20m for a player who has 1 good game in 5, with the other 4 games spent running around on the fringes of games, flinging his arms around like a windmill when decisions, flicks & passes don't go for him.

Meanwhile, Liverpool fans get to cling to the fantasy that they've signed their new Dalglish, everyone's a winner!! ;)

My serious point is where does he fit into the the team Liverpool fans? Rafa's preferred formation is 4-2-3-1, so Mascherano & Alonso as the holding midfielders, Torres as the lone striker, which surely means that Keane will play just off Torres, Babel on the left, and Stevie G playing on the right, a position we all know he doesn't like playing. So I hope the Keane signing doesn't cause any friction between your Manager and your best player, now that would be a disaster wouldn't it!! ^_^

Doesn't take long for some of you Spurs fans to forget that (the great player that is) Robbie Keane has easily been your best player this century and you should feel grateful he has given you six years of impressive service with plenty of goals, memorys and a Carling Cup win thrown in!

You refer to Keane as a player who moans and flings his arms around when things dont go his way but the player you call 'Berbagod' (blasphemy in my opinion) is possibly the worst sulk ive ever seen in the Premiership!

Keane is a legend and will do well at any club he plays for, i wish him all the best. Pity some of you ungrateful Spuds cant do the same. :SM_carton_y:

I was wondering the same thing, Peck -- what will Keane's role be? If he's to replace Crouchy, we won't see much of him!

He's a great striker and all, but I just don't see the endgame here -- will he be better wide than Babel or work harder than Kuyt? Will he be happy to spell Torres?

Maybe Rafa is thinking that his playing style will partner better with Torres than Crouch's did, and LFC can go back to 4-4-2, I dunno.

Doesn't take long for some of you Spurs fans to forget that (the great player that is) Robbie Keane has easily been your best player this century and you should feel grateful he has given you six years of impressive service with plenty of goals, memorys and a Carling Cup win thrown in!

You refer to Keane as a player who moans and flings his arms around when things dont go his way but the player you call 'Berbagod' (blasphemy in my opinion) is possibly the worst sulk ive ever seen in the Premiership!

Keane is a legend and will do well at any club he plays for, i wish him all the best. Pity some of you ungrateful Spuds cant do the same. :SM_carton_y:

Let's get it straight, Keane is a decent player, who on his day, can be a matchwinner. However, those days were too infrequent at Spurs to be classed as a 'legend' (which, by the way, is a far too overused word nowadays). His consistency for his 'boyhood' team maybe better, who knows, that is the 64 million dollar question.

Now, with regards a couple of your, more ill-considered comments,

'Robbie Keane has easily been your best player this century'

- I think you mean the 2000's, (otherwise you're completely deluded!) in any case, ladies & gentlemen, I present Ledley King, the Club's leader & inspirational captain. Case closed.

'the player you call 'Berbagod' (blasphemy in my opinion) is possibly the worst sulk ive ever seen in the Premiership!'

- Did you not watch Anelka when he was at Arsenal, christ if the man smiled, he'd crack his face!

Meanwhile, Xembla comes in with a rational response to a valid question, cheers pal.

It's not that I don't rate Keane as a player; he's very, very good, but as a fit at Anfield . . . eh?

And the more I think about it, the less "keen" I get on the deal. That money would've bought Barry, who Rafa'd seemed more interested in, and made dealing Alonso easier, putting more pounds in the transfer kitty. What is Keane, 28? Not old, of course, but are we paying 20 mil for two or three seasons?

This may pay off hugely, and if, in May, Keane and Gerrard are celebrating winning the league, I'll give full credit to Rafa, but right now my imagination is being taxed by this one.

Keane = Quality player with the heart of a lion who never gave less than 100% every time he wore the shirt.

Keane = 29 years old at the end of the forthcoming season.

Keane = The chance to play at the very highest level that club football can offer.

Keane = The chance to go and work for what he considers a better employer with the chance to earn more money (surely EVERY one of us would do the same thing wouldn't we?).

Keane = £19million for a player who has around 4 years left at the top of his game. (THANKYOU Rafa)

I have a horrible feeling that Keano could well be finding himself out on the right quite alot at Anfield which he will soon become disheartened with BUT surely he would be willing to play absolutely anywhere for his "boyhood idols"?. However, he is easily clever enough to play in the hole behind Torres and he is as close in comparison to David Villa as you'll get for the price that was paid. We all saw how well Torres and Villa played together during the euro's but a word of warning for the Liverpool supporters, KEANE IS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR AS CLINICAL INFRONT OF GOAL AS VILLA IS.

As a Spurs supporter, I am disappointed that he has left but he's gone to the club that he and his whole family grew up supporting and with the £19million we will easily be able to get a better/more clinical replacement who will be considerably younger and fit into the style that Ramos wants to play.

I just can't help but think that Spurs have missed a real opportunity for a very good player that MAY have been able to be included in the deal. Rafa wants Alonso out, Alonso wants out, Rafa wanted Keane, Spurs wanted a quality holding midfielder that can see a pass and play a pass. Rafa was looking for around £14million for Alonso, so why not offer £5million + Alonso?. I have a feeling that Alonso is one of those players that is not financially motivated and would be happy to be part of a very exciting project and playing football week in, week out?.

I personally wish Robbie Keane all the best and I hope he succeeds (but does s**t against Spurs). However, the thing that has villified him with the Tottenham faithful is his quotes after the Carling Cup victory. "This is the first silverware I've ever won and I've done it at a club that I love". "I would be happy to stay here and hope to be at this club for as long as they want me". :angry2:

What a crock of shit....

Because of that statement, how quickly his head was turned and the fact that the revolving door is still swinging around because of the pace he left the building, he will mainly be seen by the Spurs faithful as Judas II because he signed a new 4 year contract at the end of last year, made "that statement" and then INSTANTLY handed in a transfer request as soon as Rafa tapped him up (sorry, made his intentions public).

To slag Keano off is totally out of order because of the effort that he put in during his stint at the lane, BUT should he be made welcome when he returns to the lane.... NO.

Oh, one more thing.. The fee is £19million and a further £1.3million if he wins the league or Champions league.. The compensation for the tapping up (sorry again, for Rafa going public) is an undisclosed sum that has been donated to the Tottenham Hotspur Charity Foundation.

I see that the money from Keane's sale is already being put to use because Spurs are now in negotiations with David Bentley. There will be life after Keane, Ramos will already have targets in place (if he hasn't already opened negotiations) and you mark my words, there WILL be atleast two more signings coming to the lane that will make simply make people go "WOW, how the hell did they get him".. We did it with Modric, we did it with Dos Santos and we will do it again. Who it will be, I don't know but do not bet against seeing Arshavin and Milito/Pavlyuchenko in a Spurs shirt next season.

In Ramos we trust, COYS

Possible team that Ramos will have at his disposal next season...

Gomez

Hutton

King

Woodgate

Bale/Gilberto

Bentley

Modric

Huddlestone/Jenas/New holding midfielder that isn't called Zokora

Dos Santos

Capel/Bale

Bent/Arshavin/Pavlyuchenko

That'll do donkey ;)

Let's get it straight, Keane is a decent player, who on his day, can be a matchwinner. However, those days were too infrequent at Spurs to be classed as a 'legend' (which, by the way, is a far too overused word nowadays). His consistency for his 'boyhood' team maybe better, who knows, that is the 64 million dollar question.

- I think you mean the 2000's, (otherwise you're completely deluded!) in any case, ladies & gentlemen, I present Ledley King, the Club's leader & inspirational captain. Case closed.

'the player you call 'Berbagod' (blasphemy in my opinion) is possibly the worst sulk ive ever seen in the Premiership!'

- Did you not watch Anelka when he was at Arsenal, christ if the man smiled, he'd crack his face!

Meanwhile, Xembla comes in with a rational response to a valid question, cheers pal.

ledley king your having a laugh surely its sol campbell he won the double in his first season

sorry i meant the first season he left :D

Keane has gone.Yes he gave us 6 years.Which in this day and age is not bad.

Ask me to wish him well.Kiss my ass.Judas full stop.

Liverpool.If you think this magician is going to win you the league.You poor fools

Facts 1.Keane have not got pace.2.Cannot head a ball.3.As said one good game in 5.

4.Has a canny knack of looking busy,doing nothing.

5.Miss to many chances.Will struggle to score 20 premeirship goals.

20 Million for that is a great deal for Spurs.

Tottenham great ,dont make me piss.

Ask people who watch Spurs over the years,before you make that statement.

Possible team that Ramos will have at his disposal next season...

Gomez

Hutton

King

Woodgate

Bale/Gilberto

Bentley

Modric

Huddlestone/Jenas/New holding midfielder that isn't called Zokora

Dos Santos

Capel/Bale

Bent/Arshavin/Pavlyuchenko

That'll do donkey ;)

looking at that team coopsie,wet ham might finish above you again !!!! :clapper::c:

wet ham????

new team are they haha :yahoo:

Reading another website,it appears that many friends of Robbie Keane are finding it very

difficult to understand where Robbie,s dying love for Liverpool has come from?

Ever since he was a boy in Ireland.Robbie and his family have been Celtic fans.

His favourite English team at school,and was seen wearing there shirt regulary,

was, wait for it.Man.Utd.Funny that.

For starters, just because my comments are not pro-Spurs and are not of the same opinion of yours do not make them ill-considered, nor irrational.

Secondly, of course i mean since 2000, last time i checked my calender that was this century. Obviously the likes of Hoddle, Greaves, Ardiles aswell as others would be considered as the best Spurs players of the last one-hundred years. As for Ledley King, he is always injured and, although when fit he is a quality defender, Keane has done a splendid job of being Spurs skipper in his absence. Case Re-opened.

Thirdly, i agree with you, Anelka was a sulk, who found smiling almost as difficult as staying at one club for more than two seasons, but (for all his talent) Berbatov is a worse sulk on the pitch then Anelka. Not only that, i can never recall myself or any of my fellow Arsenal fans refer to Anelka as 'God'. Not even legends (definately not an overuse in this case) such as Bergkamp and Henry ever befitted such a title in my eyes.

:SM_carton_y:

Guest ECPL Supporter

I was wondering the same thing, Peck -- what will Keane's role be? If he's to replace Crouchy, we won't see much of him!

He's a great striker and all, but I just don't see the endgame here -- will he be better wide than Babel or work harder than Kuyt? Will he be happy to spell Torres?

Maybe Rafa is thinking that his playing style will partner better with Torres than Crouch's did, and LFC can go back to 4-4-2, I dunno.

That's why Rafa is Gaffa and you're not

For starters, just because my comments are not pro-Spurs and are not of the same opinion of yours do not make them ill-considered, nor irrational.

Secondly, of course i mean since 2000, last time i checked my calender that was this century. Obviously the likes of Hoddle, Greaves, Ardiles aswell as others would be considered as the best Spurs players of the last one-hundred years. As for Ledley King, he is always injured and, although when fit he is a quality defender, Keane has done a splendid job of being Spurs skipper in his absence. Case Re-opened.

Thirdly, i agree with you, Anelka was a sulk, who found smiling almost as difficult as staying at one club for more than two seasons, but (for all his talent) Berbatov is a worse sulk on the pitch then Anelka. Not only that, i can never recall myself or any of my fellow Arsenal fans refer to Anelka as 'God'. Not even legends (definately not an overuse in this case) such as Bergkamp and Henry ever befitted such a title in my eyes.

:SM_carton_y:

I fully respect differing opinions and anti-spurs comments, that's what Football is all about and keeps the banter so lively on this, and any other forum.

However, the small issue I had with the two comments I highlighted was that, as a Spurs fan, who over the last 10 years or so has been to the Lane an average of 10 games a season, I was being told who my club's best player has been over the last 8 years & that one of my team's players was the moodiest git ever to walk a Premier League pitch, both opinions surely being based what has been read in the Sun and what those 'intrepid' reporters tell you on SkySports, as opposed to actually being at a game live and seeing what players bring to the football pitch for their football team.

Reading another website,it appears that many friends of Robbie Keane are finding it very

difficult to understand where Robbie,s dying love for Liverpool has come from?

Ever since he was a boy in Ireland.Robbie and his family have been Celtic fans.

His favourite English team at school,and was seen wearing there shirt regulary,

was, wait for it.Man.Utd.Funny that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/pringles-pic...15875-20675072/

great link and answer st darren , everybody has to accept that when the big 4 come calling thats it.champions league plus double the wage+bonus,higher profile,top that with the team you supported game over. :clapper:

WHY answer like that?????. Darren proved what I and most other people already knew, fair enough BUT you then go and spoil his answer by talking total bullshit. "When the big 4 come calling", come off it fella, you just scraped 4th last season because Cahill and Arteta got injured at Everton and you'll be VERY lucky to do it again this season.

"double the wage+bonus", You're just showing your ignorance there I'm afraid. Keano was on 60 grand a week at Spurs and also got bunus payments for goals and assists on top of that and was actually taking home nearer to 75 grand per week. So it's worth checking out the facts before you start shouting your mouth off.

"higher profile", HOW??. by sitting on the bench or almost certainly playing less football than he did at the lane, by not being captain of his club when the actual club skipper is injured or unavailable??. Once again, another silly statement, you're really racking them up aren't you.

Still, atleast you're right about him playing for the club that he supported as a boy. It'll be good for him until Rafa gets sacked at the end of the season because he has once again spent big but won sweet fa, then a new manager comes in and sees that "Mr pointy pointy" is not actually worth the £20.3million that was spent on him and he is deemed surplus to requirements and then sold on to Celtic (his other boyhood heroe's :rolleyes: ) for around £10 million to finish his career.

Etiquette is easily achieved gerrard8, try finding some sometime. Game over. :clapper:

Coopsie, you gone on a right rant there!

Keane will play plenty of games for Liverpool next season, and I think he'll improve the side as well. I think Liverpool will be comfortable top four next season, with Agger back fit as well, that will make a difference. I think once again that Arsenal will struggle this season to make the top four, I was obviously wrong this year, but I think this time round they could be found out.

Its true about the "Big Four" have a look at the betting for the league, 8/1 for Liverpool, then Spurs are next at 50/1 or something.

Champions League football is a massive pull for players nowadays (possibly cos of the shambles that the WAFFA Cup has turned into), top four gets you into the Champs League (unless you're Everton), those sides will just go from strength to strength.

Tottenham will beat teams this season, but they won't have the consistency over the season.

Tottenham will beat teams this season, but they won't have the consistency over the season.

How do you know? Have you seen how the new manager has prepared them during HIS FIRST pre season?. Have you seen how the new and better players that have arrived have improved or impaired the team?. Can you say that with the utmost of confidence that Gomez, Bentley, Dos Santos and Modric are not an improvement on Robinson, Tainio, Malbranque, Chimbonda, Kaboul, Gardner and whoever else we weed out?. Can you confidently think that we will not replace Keane and more than likely Berbatov aswell with people of equal or better quality?.

Consistency cannot be judged until the past has been written my friend. You're a clever lad and you know that as well as anybody.

great link and answer st darren , everybody has to accept that when the big 4 come calling thats it.champions league plus double the wage+bonus,higher profile,top that with the team you supported game over. :clapper:

WHY answer like that?????. Darren proved what I and most other people already knew, fair enough BUT you then go and spoil his answer by talking total bullshit. "When the big 4 come calling", come off it fella, you just scraped 4th last season because Cahill and Arteta got injured at Everton and you'll be VERY lucky to do it again this season.

"double the wage+bonus", You're just showing your ignorance there I'm afraid. Keano was on 60 grand a week at Spurs and also got bunus payments for goals and assists on top of that and was actually taking home nearer to 75 grand per week. So it's worth checking out the facts before you start shouting your mouth off.

"higher profile", HOW??. by sitting on the bench or almost certainly playing less football than he did at the lane, by not being captain of his club when the actual club skipper is injured or unavailable??. Once again, another silly statement, you're really racking them up aren't you.

Still, atleast you're right about him playing for the club that he supported as a boy. It'll be good for him until Rafa gets sacked at the end of the season because he has once again spent big but won sweet fa, then a new manager comes in and sees that "Mr pointy pointy" is not actually worth the £20.3million that was spent on him and he is deemed surplus to requirements and then sold on to Celtic (his other boyhood heroe's :rolleyes: ) for around £10 million to finish his career.

Etiquette is easily achieved gerrard8, try finding some sometime. Game over. :clapper:

love it mate

and as per usual have to agree with everything you say spot on!!! :thumbsup:

SO WHY DID HE LEAVE THEN?

WOULD HE HAVE LEFT SPURS FOR ANY OTHER TEAM RATHER THAN MAN UTD,ARSENAL CHELSEA OR LIVERPOOL,I THINK NOT......WHEN IS THE LAST TIME ANOTHER TEAM APART FROM THE big four WERE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. IM NOT RUBBING IT IN IM JUST STATING THAT WHEN THE BIG BOYS COME CALLING MORE OFTEN THAN NOT THERE GONE......OWEN-REAL MADRID

MCMANAMAN - REAL MADRID

IM NOT RUBBING IT IN IM JUST STATING THAT WHEN THE BIG BOYS COME CALLING MORE OFTEN THAN NOT THERE GONE

So why didn't you just say that then instead of spouting a bunch of bulls**t that was untrue and nothing more than a useless attempt at belittling Tottenham Hotspur?.

THANX TMS 9 4 CORRECTING ME AS I WAS WRONG <MUST BE THAT PRESSURE FROM COOPSIE >

You were right first time, McManamanamanaman went to Real Madrid on a free transfer, won a couple La Liga, couple of Champions League, then came back to the Premier League to play for King Kevin Keegan at Man City.

• 3 months later...

My serious point is where does he fit into the the team Liverpool fans? Rafa's preferred formation is 4-2-3-1, so Mascherano & Alonso as the holding midfielders, Torres as the lone striker, which surely means that Keane will play just off Torres, Babel on the left, and Stevie G playing on the right, a position we all know he doesn't like playing. So I hope the Keane signing doesn't cause any friction between your Manager and your best player, now that would be a disaster wouldn't it!! ^_^

First of all, having watched Liverpool easily cruise past Bolton today, I'm still of the opinion that the title will go to Anfield this season (but it'll be close between the 'Big 3').

I also think that Robbie Keane is a good footballer, who would be an asset to most sides in the Premier League, but what I'm interested to find out from Liverpool fans (or anyone else!) is, that, after 15-20 games into the season, whether they feel Keane fits into their 1st team at the moment. Given Alonso's & Kuyt's fine form and the addition of Riera, surely it means that Keane is the odd man out, and he didn't seem to be too enamoured when taken off today, when he was replaced by Torres.

I think Keane has a part to play in the title challenge, he's a great player, ok, he should have scored more goals, but his work rate and ability to get into positions to let others play is superb. Its harsh him coming off all the time around the 70 minute mark, but he's done his job so to speak.

He does seem the odd one out in the side though, Riera, Gerrard, Alonso, Masch and Kuyt to be fair, all have to be playing at the moment, so its a tough one

St Darren,typical Liverpool reply,full of contridiction.

Keane is a great player,but he hasnt scored enough goals.

I have told you ,Defoe + Bent will score more goals given the same amount of time as Keane on the field.

Coming off after 70 mins because he has done his job,work hard.Does Gerrard,Carragher+Torres come

off virtually every game because they have done there job.NO.

Keane has a part to play,but Riera Gerrard,Alonso Kuyt+Mascherano,got to play.

Kuyt plays out of position and scores more than Keane.

You say its tough on Keane.

If you want to win the Premiership[which I think you can]you have to play the 5 across midfield with a fit

Torres up front.

Keane will play a bit part,the same as Babel,Lucas,Hypia,etc.

So if you Scoucers want to carry on believing Keane is worth 20.3 million,and change the team and system

to fit him in,kiss goodbye to your League chances.

As I have said before KEANE WILL NOT WIN YOU THE LEAGUE.

Who knows, only time will tell

£20m is pricey, but you have to take into account an extra £5m cos he's fluent in English, same about Darren Bent really, £16m or £18m added £5m cos of English, Andy Johnson is another one!! you pay over the price for British players.

I think Keane will prove to be a good signing, regardless of price

REDKNAPP WILL NOT WINS SPURS THE LEAGUE.

Jesus "El Saviour" Christ could not win Spurs the league :( .. Well not unless he sells Bale to Liverpool or Utd in January..

Oh, 1 other thing. BENT DID NOT COST £16MILLION. He cost £12.5 with add-ons based upon goals scored, England appearances, silverware won, games played for Spurs etc etc..

St Darren,you lot love passing the buck.Now you give me a spelling lesson.

Have a go at Spurs goalkeeper.

Tell me all British players are over priced.Darren Bent at £12.5 million plus add ons.?

Jermain Defoe at £8.4 million.?Bargains.

These 2 over priced strikers will score more goals than £20 million Keane.

But I will wait until the end of season like you say.

Watch out ,when I bombard you with,told you so.