Cornwall Football Forum

TERRY RAPSEY R.I.P. (RAPPOS DAD)

FOR ALL HIS MANY FRIENDS IN FOOTBALL:

TERRY LOST HIS LONG FIGHT AGAINST CANCER LATE LAST NIGHT. HE WAS KNOWN AS "TEL OR PIP" TO ALL HIS MATES FROM HIS PLAYING DAYS AND IN LATTER YEARS PROBABLY BETTER KNOWN AS RAPPOS DAD AROUND ALL THE GROUNDS IN CORNWALL AND BEYOND.

HE WAS STILL SMILING AND JOKING AS USUAL RIGHT UP UNTIL THE END.

HIS PASSING WAS PEACEFUL AND ALL HIS FAMILY WERE AT HIS BEDSIDE, JUST THE WAY HE WOULD HAVE WANTED IT.

I WILL UPDATE THIS MESSAGE BOARD WHEN WE KNOW THE FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS.

BEST WISHES TO ALL HIS FRIENDS.

RACHEL RAPSEY (RAPPOS WIFE)

(01726) 61771

Mark, so sorry to hear the news mate. Terry was a lovely man who always welcomed me into his home when we were young (when you were a Spurs fan), and always had time for a chat when I bumped into him down town.

I'm sure you're as proud to have called him 'Dad' as he was to have had you as his son.

Be strong for Kitty, my thoughts are with you both.

Colin Carter

Guest Peppermint

Sincere condolences from everyone at Newquay Football Club to Kitty, Mark and the family.

A lot of people at Mount Wise have very happy and fond memories of Terry in his visits to Newquay and he will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him.

I think that the postings so far sum up what high regard Terry was held in by everyone who knew him.

RIP - Terry.

FOR ALL HIS MANY FRIENDS IN FOOTBALL:

TERRY LOST HIS LONG FIGHT AGAINST CANCER LATE LAST NIGHT. HE WAS KNOWN AS "TEL OR PIP" TO ALL HIS MATES FROM HIS PLAYING DAYS AND IN LATTER YEARS PROBABLY BETTER KNOWN AS RAPPOS DAD AROUND ALL THE GROUNDS IN CORNWALL AND BEYOND.

HE WAS STILL SMILING AND JOKING AS USUAL RIGHT UP UNTIL THE END.

HIS PASSING WAS PEACEFUL AND ALL HIS FAMILY WERE AT HIS BEDSIDE, JUST THE WAY HE WOULD HAVE WANTED IT.

I WILL UPDATE THIS MESSAGE BOARD WHEN WE KNOW THE FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS.

BEST WISHES TO ALL HIS FRIENDS.

RACHEL RAPSEY (RAPPOS WIFE)

(01726) 61771

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THEIR KIND WORDS. IT MEANS ALOT TO KITTY AND FAMILY. SHE'S BEEN OVERWHELMED WITH ALL THE CARDS, FLOWERS, CALLS ETC - SHE HAD 28 CARDS IN THE POST THIS MORNING ALONE!!!

THANKS TO TRURO CITY AND FALMOUTH TOWN FOR THE MINUTES SILENCE FOR TERRY BEFORE THEIR GAMES, I KNOW THAT MEANT ALOT TO RAPPO.

THE FUNERAL WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY AT 10AM - PENMOUNT CREMATORIUM.

THANKS AGAIN.

RACH

X

Rappo, great to see you playing with a smile on your face last night against us (Grampound Res).

Great victory for you guys last night, with you winning the game within the first half.

Fantastic for all the lads involved who perfectly obeyed the minutes silence before the match also.

THANKS TO GRAMPOUND FOR THE GAME LAST NIGHT WE NEEDED A GOOD WORK OUT FOR FIRST FRIENDLY AND FIRST TIME WE MANAGED TO GET EVERYONE THERE AT THE SAME TIME . :yahoo:

just like to say a big thanks to everyone for the messages.you,ve all been so kind.counted my mums cards yesterday and there were 162! she had enough flowers to start her own business! its been a tough couple of weeks but im glad dad wont have to suffer anymore.i know he was getting fed up with it in the end.he would have been chuffed to think people thought so much of him.big thanks to all the clubs that did a minutes silence for him,he was probably up there watching the game!!! thanks again to everyone for their kindness.Rappo x