Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell fundraiser

St Austelll football club are holding a fundraising party on Saturday, August 9 for all past, present and future members, supporters, sponsors and players of the club, at the Britannia Inn.

On the day, the club's Poltair Park will host two friendlies with the club's second team playing St Agnes reserves, with the main attraction of the two first team's clashing following on after.

The party which will run from 6pm till midnight, will include live music from Rocket Dog, a disco, raffle, bucking bronco and a pig roast.

Tickets are available for a cost of £5 from the Britannia Inn, Rowett Insurance Broking group's St Austell office or from commercial manager Craig Holman on 07805 637840.

Gareth, you know it goes without saying i'd like to throw my support right behind the event, and if theres anything i can do, please let me know, i should be there myself, unless im playing for Grampound that day.

I'd be more than happy to carry some tickets here if you'd like??

I am just curious really! I had a look at the ground a few weeks ago as i was in the area. I see the surrounding areas have been cut. However i assumed that St.Austell had new Facillities underway? There didnt seem to be anything new at the ground! Surely no work will be done during the season now? Unless they played somewhere else until the work was done. I think i read on the forum a company called Soil sports was doing the ground? :unsure:

Best of luck for the new season! Would be nice to see St.Austell in the Premier Division.

Jonesy, you're curiosity is welcomed!

We are indeed in the process of renovating Poltair Park, but in lieu of this years season fast approaching; have taken a mutual decision to hang fire on levelling the surface until the end of the campaign.

We have submitted plans to RBC that will make St Austell a very attractive proposition in the future.

A full planning application will be made, all being well, within weeks and completion is targeted for the beginning of next season.

Soil Sports have had meetings with several Football and Rugby clubs within the county in the last few months with regard to levelling surfaces and improving facilities at their respective grounds.

Our methods mean that precise planning is required and negotiations should start at least 12 months before commencement of works.

If any clubs with long term ambition wish to discuss how we may be able to help them, I would openly invite a PM to start the ball rolling.

Guest Urban Spaceman

On the day, the club's Poltair Park will host two friendlies with the club's second team playing St Agnes reserves, with the main attraction of the two first team's clashing following on after.

never had st austell v st agnes billed as a main attraction :lol: