Cornwall Football Forum

####NEW SIGNING####

NEWLYN EAST ARE ON THE VERGE OF SIGNING EXPIERENCED PLAYER MARK COOK AND HIS YOUNG SON JOSH COOK.

MARK AS BEEN TAKING TIME OUT OF PLAYING THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS AND CONTINUED TAKING HIS MANAGEMENT BADGES AND COACHING KIDS, AS SOON AS HE DECIDED HE WAS PLAYING AGAIN THIS A HOST OF CLUBS WERE AFTER HIS SIGNATURE.HAVING PLAYED IN TEAMS WITH NONE OTHER THEN DAVID SPARKS WHO THEN WENT ON TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND U21'S I BELIEVE AND ASTON VILLA BEFORE A CAR ACCIDENT ENDED HIS CAREER AT A YOUNG AGE (19) AFTER HE WAS TIPPED TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND, MARK COOK THEN WENT ON TO PLAY FOR TRURO CITY. IT LOOKS LIKE THE NEWLYN EAST HAVE GOT THERE MAN !!

GOOD LUCK TO THE APPROX 40 YEAR OLD AND HIS YOUNG SON TOP BLOKE AND AN EXCITING SEASON AHEAD FOR NEWLYN EAST

Hi 'I am the best'

Not sure where your 'Newlyn get their man' has come from as we have never approached Mark to sign for us. Mark and Josh were both at Newlyn's pre-season training last night (only Josh's legs were up for it tho) and Josh is certainly a young player who we hope would consider signing for us in the future but at present he is only 15 and not currently able to play adult football until 2009 when he turns 16.

Mark brought Josh to training but never said anything about wanting to sign for us. If he wanted to he'd be more than welcome (as are any new or 'old' players at Fortress Cargoll Road but he'd have to fight for a place with the existing Duchy squad who have all resigned ffrom last season's promotion winning season)!

Got to agree with you about Dave Sparks - quality footballer who I know played with Mark at the boys side Newquay Choughs throughout the 80s (I'm biased though and think the Choughs team I played in whch was a couple of years older were the better team that inc Dominic Evans, Alan Lenton, and more)!!! Even Rappo's Truro Boys team were no match for us. Hope your prediction about an exciting season at Newlyn comes true!

Jiggy

If cookie even dreamt of asking me to be his teaboy he best wake up and say sorry,

Jiggy from what i can understand Mark and his son really enjoyed training and although you never approached them Mark had at least two other clubs after him and for him to speak nothing but praise for your club and really keen on continuing with your club is a compliment to how your club is run

what age group was that where you played with Dave too ?

Thanks for your feedback I am the best. Good to know we're going in the right direction.

Dave was a couple of years below me at Newquay Choughs so have never played with him. Choughs had some outstanding players come up through them over the 80s like Dom Evans, John Berry, Chris Morris (ex international), the Lenton brothers Alan & Milky, Antony Burt and many more. Our team won the County U15 Luke Cup and then went on to win County U18 Rathbone Cup twice (think Graham Cook played in one of those finals). Good times with some great lads!

yoyoyo wats poppin stevie!lol

yeah well i hope they do mate but i would wanna be playing all the time and hope there is no problems between them and ath over this subs buisness

would be silly really cause im signed for ath junior forms and i could help them out midweek and end of season

can you find out for me if id be playing all the time or just squad player(cause that wouldnt interest me bud)

Guest Brewer 10

Well i cant promise anyone that i aint the manager but spoke to him last night and he was really looking forward to you joining. He said he knows about you and how good you are so sounds very good to me. Plus he loves players like us. Hes a good manager bud. Trust me. Are you going training tomorrow night?

Guest WINNO

IF YOUR PLAYING WELL JAKE U WILL BE IN THE SIDE I WOULD THINK. IF YOU AINT ULL BE ON THE BENCH. DAVE FISH IS A TOP BLOKE AND HE HAS BEEN FOR YEARS SO TAKE YOUR CHANCE AND YOULL BE OK.

cheers winno thanks for the advice

yeah got alot of respect for him heard lots about him-

well steve at the minute im working every nite apart from sunday

though my usuall shift is tues weds thurs and sats

just hope ath dont through a spanner in the works as i think i have been a good servant for the club and stuck by roy when the chips were down

and im 25 this year and wouldnt mind a crack at it

Guest Brewer 10

Winno is right mate but you know as well as me if you play well your good enough for any side in this league in my opinion. I think you should of played higher a long time ago.

Guest mariner

I think the docs name is blundell and is one of the best allround strikers in the combo along with steve aswell would be hard for jake to cement a place might be wrong though

Guest Brewer 10

I have to agree with soccer follower jake could also be one of the best strikers in the league and anyway i think we would work well together as a front three we will have to wait and see!

Guest Deez14

I hear that 'the doc' would give any south western league strikers a run for there money?

Top player from what ive seen :thumbsup:

Guest Helston Patriot

signed for perranwell today but still waiting for confirmation at work to see if i can play or not

if not i will stil be down ath

perranwell got good strike force though with me steven brewer and "the doc"up front

i've been told jon blundel has signed for falmouth town 1st's.

Helston have signed portreaths top goal scorers from last season..