Cornwall Football Forum

Edgcumbe

Guest ECPL Supporter

Not to sure about the great manager bit ,goal score999 ,i willhave to find out who you are i dont think you play for us but maybe mistaken.If you do i will need to clip yOur wings and very quickly.Dont agree that St DENNIS HAS BETTER PLAYERS,maybe more effective in certain areas i am sure i will deal with that when the time comes.Biddawg good result at pensilva as i have said before we where awfull up there and that draw will cost us in the end.See you lads next week and if Goal scorer999 is with us you had better perform and identify yourself after the game!.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kitbag, obviously not all 11 players from st dennis are better, but i do feel they got some players that stand out completely and are always a threat on the ball. usually for most teams you can always identify the most threatening player, but there is no-one that especially stands out at st teath in my opinion. dont get me wrong, you are a side full of good players, but no-one stands out above anyone else in my view. maybe its a good thing, as u are clearly doing better than st dennis!! see you sat.

• 2 weeks later...

Weather will be the winner tommmorow,whatever we do to the pitch it does not want to drain,another guts full of rain overnight and again today.The annoying thing is i have taken advice from all the experts vertidrains,earthquake sand etc,works at Bodmin,Penryn and wadebridge but not at St Teath,so tmrw result St Teath win the brest stroke,Torpoint the front crawl,the keepers share the diving,and the crowd drown effecting the backstroke.Edcumebe hit the top leaving the rest to follow.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

is it actually off is it kitbag?

Your having a laugh arent you! I decided to ring off the cuff at 11am (their groundsman) for him to tell me it was off! No one was gonna bother letting us know till 12! We would already of left with players from the forces travelling down from the north!!! That is not acceptable and think St. Teath acted in a very unprofesional manner with total disregard for our team! Thought they were abit more organised than that-shambles!!!

Not a happy man!

What the hell is wrong with you man,you can disgrace yourself in the paper,i presume i have the right man,and then you can act like this over what excactly.The groundsman was right to inspect in the morning,he informed me at 10.15 or there abouts,he phoned me again before 10.45 to say that you wanted desperatly to play the game,the league had already been informed,as you should know we are not supposed to make the decision until 12 if there is a chance the game may be played.We dont need excuses and i would think that torpoint as a club would be more professional than to let you lose running one of there teams.As bigdawg has said the pitch cut up badly last week and if you ask bodmin or wadebridge they probably wish they had cancelled .If you think you have been treated unfairly then put it in writing to the league .

Guest tafc.-gaffa

What are you on about man(kitbag)-"Disgraced myself in the paper!!!" about what exactly??????? Think you have got the wrong man!!! And i was not desperate to play it, just thought we would be told before that time, as i rang your chairman on friday to say we had people travelling and wouldnt mind being told as early as possible!! It would have been abit of courtesy to us. Why leave it 4 hours to tell us what you knew at 8am. I wouldnt of done that cos i know people struggle to leave work,sort child care and travel let alone the costs. They pay to play and dont need any extra costs.

As for insulting me on a personel level make sure you know what your on about as i think you have over stepped the mark!!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Kitbag- surely it has nothing to do with you who Torpoint choose to run their teams. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone from Torpoint to comment on St Teaths decision to allow you to run 1 of their teams- especially if they didn't know you!

kitbag i think u have got the wrong man if u are talking about a certain newspaper picture last year when u say disgracing himself. although he is a disgrace! haha. think it can be hard when it comes to calling games off when there is a chance it can be played, u want to leave it as long as possible to give it every chance, but then i imagine torpoint probably would have left before 12 to get to the game, so in this case they prob should have been told earlier, a decision just has to be made.

oh well, business as usual edgcumbe to the top for the first time this season!!!######

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Very strong statement there Mr Torpoint Man, you really think you can take all 6 points? Wish i was a betting man.

Im just very confident with great belief in what i would say was the best squad Torpoint have had since they started in the duchy league!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Played for Torpoint since they joined the duchy,joined edgcumb for a season 2 years ago then came back to Torpoint for last year then became joint player/ manager this year. Hope that clears that up for you.