Cornwall Football Forum

A Falmouth Team that would compete

A team of Players entirely from the Falmouth/Penryn area. Whether it would compete or not is another thing.

1 Spike White GK Great keeper currently playing rugby

2. Martin Day Left Back Quality Left back

3. Wayne Brown Right Back Versatile defender

4. Hugh Howlett Centre Half Best young centre half around

5. Toby Clark Centre Half Saltash Skipper

6 Dan Richardson Centre Midfield Good young player, getting better all the time

7 James Miller Right Midfield

8 Steve Warr Centre Midfield Had a great season with Porthleven

9 Andrew Westgarth Centre Forward ope goal scorer div 1 west

10 Andrew Morris Centre Forward ex county and RAF player

11 Bobby Bryant Left Midfield Under achiever with good ability

12 Bryn Wheeler Coach/ Centre Forward Experienced player with a goal scoring record

14 Steve Winnan Midfield Versatile anywhere accross the midfield

Darren Burchill and Ben Goldring two recent players that would make up the squad but dont come from Falmouth or Penryn as far as I know, but live near by.

Thats just from Falmouth and Penryn.

Budget would be a fraction of the reported weekly cost currently and big crowds because of the local boys on show and a busy club house where the expenses would probably get spent.

Just shows that local talent is available.

Hi Mr Bray, hope your well. I think that game was Oxford. Two down with 10 mins to go and we dragged it back to win 3-2. It was a nice goal but I just swung at the ball and it hit the top corner. Playing in the right back spot!! The trip to Newcastle the least said about that on an open forum the better, but your right they were good days! I think it was brian interupting proceedings in a string vest! The female guests had a real treat!!!

The London game was a 6-0 demolition job, and I didnt get on the sheet. But marked their winger out of the game.

ps Do you know how Kev Rowett is?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Good for 30 goals a season!

hi james i remember you as a left back! can you remember the other goal scorers in the london game?

Yeah I know Kev Rowett, put me in at left back cos we had Gary Williams who was also a England u18 player at the time playing left wing, That season I played right back, Left back, centre mid in a game and wide left once. The only goal I scored in that season was against Oxford, when we won 3-2. I cant remember the scorers against London but Andy Morris nicked one right off my toe in the dying minutes. Good result considering the calibre of players in the London squad. I think Ive actually got the programme at home aswell! 6-0 I expect it was a long journey home for those boys!