Cornwall Football Forum

Tremough 18 Crowntown 0 h/t 10-0

Two fairly one sided halves made worse for Crowntown by a hamstring injury to Bill Lamin when the score was 11-0.Bill off to Penzance Hospital courtesy of Harry,hope you're up and about soon Bill.Lawrence Ball did his best to get the game abandoned by flattening the referee with a blind side move!

Heaviest defeat in the history of Crowntown.

The bad news is that we've played much, much worse, even this season, and not come close to that sort of scoreline.

All the players (o.K. not our strongest side, and stand in keeper) worked really hard and gave it a good go. Even, at times, played some good football, but just couldn't compete with this Tremough side who looked in a totally different class.

The pace and the first touch football finished us. We have some players with a lot of experience, who think about the game and can usually, at least, make it difficult for opponents. But when you're laying off the speedier players and they can place a ball behind a defnece or take on a fullback simply with pace, you're going to concede loads of goals. And we did.

That was EASILY the best side we've played this season. ("we've got our strongest side out today") and I'm bloody delighted that we're not likely to see them next season! (oh bugger, there's the league cup and the County Cup!) Their game against TMS should be a spectacle if they can get this team out.

My injury? Very painful but the hamstring hasn't ruptured so I should be back for Div 2 football on a bus pass next season. Thanks for all the sympathy. "Come on, get the old bugger off", "He's only doing it 'cause we're losing." "Stop writhing in pain and moaning, you'll put me off the lunch." "Leave him there, we'll play round him."

Tremough 18 Crowntown 0 h/t 10-0

Two fairly one sided halves made worse for Crowntown by a hamstring injury to Bill Lamin when the score was 11-0.Bill off to Penzance Hospital courtesy of Harry,hope you're up and about soon Bill.Lawrence Ball did his best to get the game abandoned by flattening the referee with a blind side move!

I cant believe that scoreline. With all due respect to Crowntown, i think it would be good for both the league and the club and the pCrowntown players confidence if they got relegated this season.

Their a very well respected and freindly club and i personally dont like seeing them getting tanked like that most Sundays.

Get well soon Bill. :c:

Guest mariner

I cant believe that old bill is still playing i remember playing against him 4 seasons ago and he must of been arond 50+ then great achievement. What is in the water down there.LOL :thumbsup:

I cant believe that scoreline. With all due respect to Crowntown, i think it would be good for both the league and the club and the pCrowntown players confidence if they got relegated this season.

Their a very well respected and freindly club and i personally dont like seeing them getting tanked like that most Sundays.

Get well soon Bill. :c:

Crowntown haven't beenn "tanked like that most Sundays"! We've been beaten, sometimes well beaten, but this was an exceptional performance from a very good Tremough side.

And the Crowntown players, as always, enjoyed what football they were allowed to play.

And, anyway,if you look at the league table, unless about three teams get a dozen points deducted, we are pretty certain to be relegated.

I think its only Tremough who can catch TMS now after TMS beat us (Falmouth Albion) today. Thats if Tremough win all their 7!! remaining games. Mind you after winnning 18-0 they've probably got a good chance.

Title decider next week then - best of luck to both teams

I think its only Tremough who can catch TMS now after TMS beat us (Falmouth Albion) today. Thats if Tremough win all their 7!! remaining games. Mind you after winnning 18-0 they've probably got a good chance.

and dont forget tms also have to lose all there games :P

falmouth albion 0 tms 4

a cracking performance from the boys who heaverly drinking nite before managed to gain 3 points from this game. Started off well with great header from ryan'you cant touch me' stevens, nathan 'the magican' crowle added another with cracking shot from corner of box into top corner then 10 'my legs are big ' legs added a third after a dubious offside decision but looking bk at sky sports shown he was onside. Dean 'scrappy' stevens was running rings round kevin 'the pensioner' toy all morning and eventually forced the old man off at half time.Allthough rumour has it he had to catch bus to go and get his pension. Just after half time dean and 10 legs came off for the burtster and the main man JP who coursed all sorts of trouble up front, albion hit the post through a shot from Rudy before tms added a fourth and relaxed from there. Jayer in goal left at half time to go and get a macdonalds as was getting very bored at lack of action, hope he is bk next week

Strong performance from Mike in the middle :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I cant see Tremough completeing their fixtures to be honest. Cracking team though, the best in the division from what ive seen this season. :c:

Guest Tremough Forward

Thanks for all the messages supporting Tremough. Its been a really tough season with the majority of the team going home for the holidays meaning fixtures have pilled up. Combined with the bad weather over december/january and our good run in the county cup, we now have a number of games to complete, but we hope to play them all with a little luck from the weather. I would have liked to have play our strongest team every week but injuries and work load meant we couldnt get the strongest XI out for every game. It was a stroke of very bad luck for Crowntown to catch us on the first sunday when almost our best XI were back for the final term and raring to play but i cant emphasise enough how sporting they were during the game and after. Finally all of us at Tremough FC wish Bill a speedy recovery.

Guest Tremough Defender

You're kidding right? Who didn't score? (Apart From Me)

Manley got 4, Powell 3, and Waldal 3. That's the main ones.

Come on, play the game! The Crowntown lads need to get something out of the bloody game.

Prisky scored one good one, missed the other, probably writhing in pain off the edge of the pitch.

I'll find out who got the other and let you know. I normally put ogs on the teamsheet but was a bit hors de combat after the game.

Guest Tremough Defender

Haha, If you really want the own goals that badly I can have a word with the boys and see if they'll give them up. Don't hold your breath though. Hope the leg is ok.

Jj

Extensive meticulous research, including examination of ALL available video records has revealed that, definitely, incontrovertibly, Crowntown's Pete Harris scored a comfortable own goal. No one from Tremough can claim that one. (and we need to mock Harris)

There may well have been another, watch this space. I would confirm that, at this stage of the investigation, Prisky did NOT, repeat not, score an own goal.

Just a small postscript to my minor injury to entertain the masses.

This morning, day 4, I caught a glimpse of the back of my leg in the mirror.

What an amazing sight!

The whole of the back of my leg from bum to knee is this beautiful, deep purple colour. The texture is quite exquisite and the colour reminiscent of a ripe plum or a vintage burgundy. How wonderful is nature.

I feel almost obliged to exploit this phenomenon. I will daily photograph the bruising and assemble an animation that displays the subtle colour changes that must surely ensue over the coming days and weeks.

I feel that Youtube may benefit from its inclusion.

Here is pic 1, Day 4

I can see now why it bloody hurts so much.

Pic 2, day 6 Slightly more delicate hues. Bruise moving down below the knee.

Pic 3, day 7. At last some improvement. Able to drive and sit. (A bit)

Meanwhile, I can't walk, stand, sit or drive and ###### is completely out of the question. (The latter is nothing to do with the injury, merely a commentary on my current relationship)

Why has the forum automatically replaced the word "seks" with ###### ( I spell it phonetically to beat the censor.) It isn't rude or offensive, is it? Does shit get by? Yes it does.How amazing!

What about bollocks? We shall see. Now that isn't censored. What's wrong with ######? Apart from it being quite tiring, of course.

Are you double jointed Bill or did someone else take the piocs??

I took the first pic. David Bailey broke off a photo shoot with Jean Shrimpton to take the others.

No I'm not double jointed.

Mariner seems to have problem with my underwear! I could sell him the used stuff if he's that bothered.

I do have more than one pair of that style. They come from Tesco in a three pack.

Guest mariner

Are you double jointed Bill or did someone else take the piocs??

I took the first pic. David Bailey broke off a photo shoot with Jean Shrimpton to take the others.

No I'm not double jointed.

Mariner seems to have problem with my underwear! I could sell him the used stuff if he's that bothered.

I do have more than one pair of that style. They come from Tesco in a three pack.

Nah you keep them seing that you only have the three pairs

Final update on injury;

Photographs not as interesting as I'd hoped. Now I just have a yellowy thigh muscle with a jaggedy crimson frame.

Pain much better. I can now put a sock on my left foot without assistance.

I discovered an ointment that contains heparin - the clot-buster they use in major operations. It's called "Hirudoid". It seems to really clear up bruising quickly. I started using it Friday and by now most of the bruise has gone. £6 a tube from Boots but it seems to do the business.

(I used to use stuff called "Lasonil" that also contained heparin but that's been discontinued. - Probably because of the newts' tongue and bats' droppings that they used in these old treatments)

Anyhow, many thanks for the kind wishes from all. I feel confident that I'll be able to play next season, proudly clutching my new bus pass - using it whenever possible. (to move around the pitch)

Just a small postscript to my minor injury to entertain the masses.

This morning, day 4, I caught a glimpse of the back of my leg in the mirror.

What an amazing sight!

The whole of the back of my leg from bum to knee is this beautiful, deep purple colour. The texture is quite exquisite and the colour reminiscent of a ripe plum or a vintage burgundy. How wonderful is nature.

I feel almost obliged to exploit this phenomenon. I will daily photograph the bruising and assemble an animation that displays the subtle colour changes that must surely ensue over the coming days and weeks.

I feel that Youtube may benefit from its inclusion.

Here is pic 1, Day 4

I can see now why it bloody hurts so much.

Pic 2, day 6 Slightly more delicate hues. Bruise moving down below the knee.

Pic 3, day 7. At last some improvement. Able to drive and sit. (A bit)

Meanwhile, I can't walk, stand, sit or drive and ###### is completely out of the question. (The latter is nothing to do with the injury, merely a commentary on my current relationship)

Why has the forum automatically replaced the word "seks" with ###### ( I spell it phonetically to beat the censor.) It isn't rude or offensive, is it? Does shit get by? Yes it does.How amazing!

What about bollocks? We shall see. Now that isn't censored. What's wrong with ######? Apart from it being quite tiring, of course.

ouch!