Cornwall Football Forum

Heaney gone???

Guest Chris B

Guest Helston Patriot

Just had a message from a VERY good source that Mr Heaney is completely pulling the plug on Truro City FC. Can any one confirm this please? I am not trying to stir just want answers..

Also heard Yetton has left and is on a free transfer...

Have just read it on the tv he has resigned Apparantly Kevin Heaney said that there was no predssure for him to resign I was quite surprised he resigned. He didnt talk to me to which I found wasnt very nice.

Dave Leonard has also recently left his job at Ivybridge community College to go full time for the team

Guest General Manager

I have just heard that Kevin Heaney is deciding on his future this evening. He is now completely disillusioned with the current situation and what he feels is the lack of respect being shown to him after the amount of money he has invested so far.

Tomorrow, the players are all in 1 coach and spending 2 full days together - all absolutely fuming - with Webby sat at the front and the focus for the players current 'torment'!

The dust hasn't even started to settle yet - infact, I can see another bag full being dropped over the next 48 hours.

Guest Helston Patriot

What will be the knock on effects of Mr Heaney leaving?? No promotion to Southern league?? Job loses at the club (stewards etc..), No money for players?? Reserve team also Suffering?? Ladies teams?? YOUTH??

Just wandering why it's a bit silent from the Truro "fan's" on this post so far! Have they finally realised he was only in it for the money, and when he's now found out the club can't move, his original idea for selling off the ground for his profit and hotel has all gone t1ts up!

I think you're spot on Jasa about Mr Heaney getting some kind of information regarding Treyew Road and not being able to build on it, therefore he will not be able to make any kind of profit from the Truro FC venture, and believe it is/was a venture to him.

He will not enter into anything unless he, at the very least, can get a return on his investment and without nice swanky offices/hotels/houses being built on Treyew Road if the Football club moved, the 'saviour' of Truro FC won't get any return on his investment and so, as any good businessman would do, he cuts his losses as soon as he can (especially with the economy in the state it's in at the moment!), hence all the hullabaloo this week.

At least all the 'jump on the bandwagon' supporters will get their Saturdays back next season, when Truro are back to their proper level.

Guest insider

all, understand, the guys in business

yes he has an interest in football, but it could be anyone whom could have shown him a profit .. there is no profit, im off .....

all of this is what a fair few of us said all along!!

I just wish the Judge was here nowadays.

I don't believe the rumour about Heaney pulling out just yet, but if that is true, we will then see how the players are. As said by Mr Heaney and a few others "the players are here cos of their desire for the club" or words to that effect anyway.

I feel sorry for a few, if things are going belly up, but not many

Guest Ronin

There's going to be a fair bit of profit at the Cornish Pirates over the next few years & he's already shown an interest there <_< .

If this RUMOUR (because that's all it is at this stage) is true then I'm gutted for Truro City. Of course we've all slated them since they hit the jackpot with a big-money backer but that's only becuse we've all wished we had the same finance behind our clubs. Yes, I went to Wembley to take the kids for a look around on a cheap day out but I was really surprised to find myself feeling quite proud when the final whistle went and a football club from little ole Cornwall lifted that cup :c: . Kevin Heaney has made a commitment to a lot of men, women and children who all play under TCFC and it would be a shame to see them left in the lurch becuase of a rich man's stampy-feet tantrum because he can't have his own way. There is plenty of money and development to be had in Truro, you've just got to go looking for it.

PS If Yetts fancies a bit of sea air he's always welcome at Perranporth!! :thumbsup:

Guest Woodpecker

What will be the knock on effects of Mr Heaney leaving?? No promotion to Southern league?? Job loses at the club (stewards etc..), No money for players?? Reserve team also Suffering?? Ladies teams?? YOUTH??

I know why you r trying to stir up/gossip rubbish etc about truro!you r just hoping that truro 2nd team don't want to get promoted to the swpl west 1 at the end of this season,so then Helston can maybe get promoted,BUT HELSTON CAN'T GET PROMOTED BECAUSE YOUR CLUB FAILED THE GROUND INSPECTION FROM THE SWPL INSPECTION TEAM!YOUR CLUB SHOULD OF MADE ALL THE CHANGES IT NEEDED TO MAKE,LIKE HAVING NEW DUGOUTS ETC,I THINK YOUR CLUB HAS JUST STOOD STILL AND BEEN VERY LAZY BY NOT COMPLYING WITH THE LEAGUE RULES ETC!

PLUS YETTON IS PLAYING FOR TRURO THIS WEEKEND AND HEANEY IS STAYING!

EVERYONE IS ON THE TEAM BUS

COME ON TRURO CITY :c::c: :c:

if heeney goes they will come back down to earth very fast indeed. i hear chris webb is manager until end of season. they seen to have ignored glyn hooper who was a much better footballer than webb and a much better coach.

I think if the Judge was here now he'd be saying 'I told you so'. Shame if it is true. Will Truro be able to afford all the teams there if they lose the money???

why would we want judge back on here,i think theres enough of you waiting for it to go tits up,but like i said last year,what ever happens nobody can take away that we have been to wembly,won loads of cups ect,so what ever goes on at the club we have injoyed it,live for to day because one day it will be your last,like lenny said to me nobody died,so get off there backs and mind your own f;;.. business,and get your own life,from a true t.c. supporter :SM_carton:

Guest Dermot

I just hope it all works out for Truro City FC,what they have acheived in the last few years has been fantastic for Cornish football,its a shame what has gone on this week but there hasnt been an Official statement saying the Mr Heaney has gone or that he is even thinking of leaving so lets just let the people who run TCFC get on with doing the job they have done so well for the last few years. ;0) :clapper:

Guest WINNO

THIS IS WHAT GETS MY GOAT ABOUT THIS SITE. ALL PEOPLE WANNA DO IS SLAG EACH OTHER OFF. NO WONDER PEOPLE TAKE THE P-SS OUT OF US ALL DOWN HERE. WE HATE ANYONE ELSE HAVING SUCCESS. MY BROTHER HAD ALL THIS HIMSELF WITH RUGBY PLAYING IN THE PREMIERSHIP FOR SARACENS COMING HOME AND EVERYONE SLAGGING HIM OFF AND WANTING TO KICK HIS HEAD IN. THE COUNTY AS MUCH AS I LOVE IT IS AT LEAST 10 YEARS BEHIND THE REST AND ITS DOWN TO ALOT OF IGNORANCE. IM NO FAN AT ALL OF TRURO BUT WHAT HAS GONE ON THERE HAS BEEN GREAT FOR TRURO CITY AND WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE LOCAL COUNCIL IT WAS NEVER GOING TO CARRY ON. THE PIRATES ARE THE SAME.

THIS IS WHAT GETS MY GOAT ABOUT THIS SITE. ALL PEOPLE WANNA DO IS SLAG EACH OTHER OFF. NO WONDER PEOPLE TAKE THE P-SS OUT OF US ALL DOWN HERE. WE HATE ANYONE ELSE HAVING SUCCESS. MY BROTHER HAD ALL THIS HIMSELF WITH RUGBY PLAYING IN THE PREMIERSHIP FOR SARACENS COMING HOME AND EVERYONE SLAGGING HIM OFF AND WANTING TO KICK HIS HEAD IN. THE COUNTY AS MUCH AS I LOVE IT IS AT LEAST 10 YEARS BEHIND THE REST AND ITS DOWN TO ALOT OF IGNORANCE. IM NO FAN AT ALL OF TRURO BUT WHAT HAS GONE ON THERE HAS BEEN GREAT FOR TRURO CITY AND WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE LOCAL COUNCIL IT WAS NEVER GOING TO CARRY ON. THE PIRATES ARE THE SAME.

Well said Winno I agree with evrything you said.It is sad how people only ever seem to have negative things to say on here,Its the players and workers at the club I feel sorry for cause if he does pull the plug they are the ones that will suffer.

Guest crosser

I take exception to this winno, a lot of people voiced their concerns over what was happening at truro, how its bad for the game and bad for a club when its success lies with one person and their money. To my knowledge I have not once slagged off truro just stated the above, people can come on here and say its down to jealousy etc but if you are a true football fan you will know what happens at truro city is not for the good of the game it's to the detriment of it. A lot of people seem to think we should all support truro city and their actions but if I don't agree with how they go about things I'm deemed to be jealous of what is happening at truro city.

There is not one example of a club that has had money put in by one person that has succeeded in the long term they have all slipped back down the pyramid, all clubs have a level that they can support Truro need to work out were that is for them if Mr Heaney does decide to pull his money

Guest TruroLad

its the players more than anyone that will suffer, most of them had handed in their notices and were waiting to sign the contracts that were promised.

i hope heaney doesnt go as much as i criticise and i hope that truro have some money in an account somewhere to fall back on so if there is financial hardship that the club will still survive.

i am very proud of what has happened over truro over the last 11 years that i have been watching them, maybe we will see all the cockneys and lads from up country fade away and support another team now that the club could be going t1ts up.

I think if the Judge was here now he'd be saying 'I told you so'. Shame if it is true. Will Truro be able to afford all the teams there if they lose the money???

Im glad the Judge is not here.All he would be doing is spouting a load of crap like most are on this thread.

All that I have read so far is wishful thinking by the anti Truro brigade,without one bit of fact.

Let's just see what happens over the next week or so,some of you may have to eat your words.

As they say (Its not over until the fat lady sings).

KIT.

Guest gunners

As a Truro lad i am chuffed to bits for what Truro football club have acheived. Not keen on everyone slagging off Truo its not on. The comment about wanting to see them fall from a higher height why say something like that ridiculous. Whatever happens at Truro it does not matter we got on with the football before Mr Heaney. Now if he does leave we will no longer be in a struggle over debt so whats to worry about.

ok they may not reach another vase final for a few years but there will be players who will play for Truro. Its not all doom and gloom bring on the future.

Guest Helston Patriot

I have also heard some interseting things this afternoon, Chapman, Smith and Yetton getting offered contracts at Exeter City for next season (however it is a pay cut), certain players being dropped into the Reserve team for todays match due to the semi final defeat (think trurolad stated they lost on purpose, but i wasn't there and can't comment!) Computers being Seized (inland revenue), contracts being ripped up, A certain person in a high position at the club having to go to the police station tomorrow morning at 10am to answer questions... Hope this is all a storm in a tea cup and What i've been told is very wrong (doubt it though)

I must add, The above is just what i have been told wouldn't just make serious things llike this up.

There is no question how brilliantly well Truro FC have done and i honestly hope everything gets sorted for the club! :c: I by no means what to see Truro "fall" as it would be a great shame for all involved!

Guest Sport Lover

Dean Stamp playing combo footy seems a bit strange bet he wasnt very pleased.

John, you mentioned Glyn being a better player and coach that Chris Webb, that doesnt always mean he will be a better manager, the roles are different :-)

Good news for Truro though the mens hockey team won the Cornwall cup beating Bodmin 3-2

Anyone wanting to watch Cornwall Men play hockey tomorrow are invited to Truro School for a 2pm start and its free of charge.

Oh yes, I overlooked that! Players!

What about this read today from the Express & Echo (Exeter-based newspaper)

"Tiverton Town's chances of signing striker Phil Walsh permanently have been rekindled following the news that Truro City will no longer be going full-time this summer.

The Bath City striker had appeared to have been lured to Treyew Road by the carrot of becoming a fully professional player with the White Tigers next season.

But after Truro chairman Kevin Heaney revealed his club will not become a full-time outfit for at least another 12 months, Yellows boss Martyn Rogers said Walsh called him straight away.

He said: "It (the Truro situation) could change some things. Phil's been back on the phone to me.

"There's nothing to say about it at the moment, but over the weekend there could be."

City's U-turn may also scupper their plans to sign triallist Matt Bye, who has played for both Truro and Tivvy since being released by Exeter City last month.

And Rogers admitted he felt sorry for the likes of Tom Gardner, who quit his job and left the Yellows earlier this season to become a full-time professional with the Cornish outfit.

Rogers said: "I think Tom will be pig sick because he packed his job in on the strength of getting a full-time contract.

"I haven't spoken to him but no doubt I will have a conversation with him soon.

"I didn't want Tom to leave in the first place."

When asked about the effect Truro's news will have on other Tivvy transfer targets, Rogers said: "It hasn't harmed us, put it that way.

"Look at Phil Walsh, he is now looking at things differently to what he was.

"I have not spoken to (Truro manager) Dave Leonard. Apparently he has resigned. It's all not so rosy there.

"Hopefully players will want to play for us at a higher level, whether the money's better (at Truro) or not."

Guest Ronin

A certain person in a high position at the club having to go to the police station tomorrow morning at 10am to answer questions...

Devon & Cornwall Police working on a Sunday HP??? I'll believe a lot of things but I won't fall for that one :D:D :D

Guest Woodpecker

I have also heard some interseting things this afternoon, Chapman, Smith and Yetton getting offered contracts at Exeter City for next season (however it is a pay cut), certain players being dropped into the Reserve team for todays match due to the semi final defeat (think trurolad stated they lost on purpose, but i wasn't there and can't comment!) Computers being Seized (inland revenue), contracts being ripped up, A certain person in a high position at the club having to go to the police station tomorrow morning at 10am to answer questions... Hope this is all a storm in a tea cup and What i've been told is very wrong (doubt it though)

I must add, The above is just what i have been told wouldn't just make serious things llike this up.

There is no question how brilliantly well Truro FC have done and i honestly hope everything gets sorted for the club! :c: I by no means what to see Truro "fall" as it would be a great shame for all involved!

You talk so much rubbish hp-mate,keep and stick to your own small world and combo forum! stop trying to mix it with the big boys!In your small dreams,do you wish you played for truro city!It's out of order to talk about players on this forum!Plus i would think very hard before you talk anymore about the inland revenue and police on this forum!DIDN'T WINNO SAY HE GETS A BUDGET OF £150 A MATCH!

Guest Woodpecker

No Nanks!This forum is not about starting nasty rumours :SM_carton: I have lots of rumours but i don't put them on this forum because i have respect for players etc in cornwall!For example if i have heard big frank has been f***ing Pat in my street,i wouldn't write it on this forum because i have respect for pat or frank/both!Frank or Pat would get very upset if they heard about it on street forums etc!

HP whats with all the I was told this,I was told that.Why not wait a bit and come on here and tell us some facts.

Why not start by saying something about Helston F.C. such as my name is H.P. I play for Helston reserves,I really hate Truro because they have beaten us 3 times this season and will win the league,and its not fair because we were supposed to win it this year and Truro have spoilt everything.That is what you call fact.

KIT.

you couldnt of put it any better winno your exactly right glad theres a few people here witha little bit of sense!!

Guest WINNO

You talk so much rubbish hp-mate,keep and stick to your own small world and combo forum! stop trying to mix it with the big boys!In your small dreams,do you wish you played for truro city!It's out of order to talk about players on this forum!Plus i would think very hard before you talk anymore about the inland revenue and police on this forum!DIDN'T WINNO SAY HE GETS A BUDGET OF £150 A MATCH!

WOODPECKER I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU. YOU GOB OFF ON HERE AND DONT EVEN READ CAREFULLY PREVIOUS POSTS. I GET £150 FROM HELSTON ME NO ONE ELSE. IT IS USED FOR BALLS AND SPARE KIT AND TRIPS AWAY AND YES IF I FEEL FIT PETROL MONEY FOR THE PLAYERS. IT DONT GO FAR WITH A MATCH BALL COSTING AROUND 30-40 A THROW.