Cornwall Football Forum

Advance Notice - Martyn Kimmins Select Team V Rob Stapleton's Select Team

St. Agnes AFC host ......Rob Stapleton’s Select Team V Martyn Kimmins Select Team

Sunday 18th May 2008 - 12 Midday Kick Off Enys Parc, St. Agnes

All proceeds to be donated to Lowen Ward Amenities Fund at The Royal Cornwall Hospital Treliske.

A date for your diaries please - many of you will know local footballer and fireman Rob Stapleton who has recently had Testicular Cancer. During a drunken conversation we decided with Rob that a positive way forward for him was to raise some money for a charity of his choice with a football match which we would host at Enys Parc.

Rob has decided that he would like to raise some money for The Lowen Ward at Treliske which is where he has recently had 10 weeks of treatment including chemotherapy - Lowen Ward is the main ward for this sort of treatment in this area so could be relevant to any of us at anytime. (In fact my dad was in there before we sadly lost him 10 years ago!)

Lowen Ward has its own Amenities Fund under the umbrella of the main hospitals registered charity so all monies raised will be spent directly on Lowen ward to help aid treatment for others in the future!

A select set of two teams is currently being approached and recruited (affiliated and insured as appropriate!) - with all players being asked to raise a minimum of £20 in sponsorship - we have also secured matched funding from Barclays Bank for this one on their £1 for £1 scheme so we hope it will be a great success.

The selected teams names will be posted over the next couple of weeks - but please if you can support this event by being there/sponsoring it or simply making a donation however small get in touch 07974 370666 or email: bolsterpaper@gmail.com.

There will be a raffle and refreshments on the day and possibly even a mini-auction if I get organized enough!

Hope you can join us!

Mandy Kimmins Chairman St Agnes AFC

No the touring team is on the Saturday 17th May - midday - followed by FA Cup Final in the bar with beer £2 a pint - oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Good Luck in the Marathon Darren - hope you have a great time - enjoy the atmosphere and forget that everything hurts - did Martyn give you our sponsorship? If not we will sort it when you come home victorious and with a medal to prove it!

Guest Ronin

I'm gutted I can't be there with you Mandy but we've got our Youth Presentation Day at Perran on the 18th. After running round after everyone as well as playing in 2 parents -v- kids games I'll be fit for nothing but the knackers yard! Wishing you every success though :thumbsup:

This is the first I have heard about this, best wishes Rob - Pricey

Our club is playing FC Dallas Reserves in Dallas that day so will not be abe to come along. I will definitely put the word out to anyone who may be interested! We will hopefully get the chance of meeting Beckham and Co that day as FC Dallas host Galaxy, I will see if I can get hold of someting signed that could possibly be raffled/auctioned at a later date to help towards the funds.

If I can manage to do this I will forward it to St.Agnes FC as soon as we get back!

Great idea of having this game, I imagine there will be some talent on show. Good luck.

Thank you to everyone who has been in touch so far with regard to this game!

The line up is looking very promising for a 'spirited' game of football - possibly a local hero returning too for a run out!

Thank you to the officials who have offered their services!

Within the next week we will be posting a full - and we hope impressive line-up!

Radio Cornwall will be interviewing Rob this week about how he is and about testicular cancer in general and even the local press are now on board!

Thanks to those who have offered lots for the auction/raffle - if anyone wants any further details or has anything they would like to contribute on the day please get in touch - contact details as always Mandy Kimmins 07974 370666 or email bolsterpaper@gmail.com.

THANK YOU!

Guest champ man

any truro first team players involved would be good to see some of them showing support to the charity. going to be a very good day

Guest Man on the Post

any truro first team players involved would be good to see some of them showing support to the charity. going to be a very good day

Yes it would Chump Man, but no more so than anybody else. :D