Cornwall Football Forum

2007/08 Cornwall Junior Cup Final Result - Portreath 2 St Dominick 1

Well done Portreath, fantastic result. :clapper::c:

Lowly little mining league representative goes and wins the junior cup. Lets just hope that normal service is resumed next season and the obviously superior representatives from F & H leagues go on to win the trophy :wacko:

Not a bad game. I thought the Portreath N0'2 Brett Warden was outstanding and rightly awarded man of the match. It's nice to see to small village teams giving their all in the final.

Guest sweeper

Thanks for all your support for Portreath today, it made a hell of a difference to all of us to hear all the support from the stands. :yahoo:

I'm sorry if it doesn't make a lot of sense but I have just got back from the pub :drink:

What a great day for Portreath and the Mining League !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff guys - very pleased and proud for you, and for your excellent representation from the Mining League.........

...........and not least because 3 former Redruth United players were involved - Messrs Allan Buckley, Brett Wasden and John Salmon (plus Robbie Hosking on the bench). Especially pleased for each of those. (and also for Jason Buckley, otherwise my sister would disown me!!!!)

Well done Roger, Vicky, Andy, Rick etc etc etc for your achievements.

JUNIOR CUP WINNERS

Great performance guys i thought st dominick were a very good young side and im sure if they stay together they will be back for another go at it . a very close game where the first goal was always going to be important . we eventually got it and never really looked back from then on .

I thought wadebridge did us all proud and would like to thank them for the effort they put in to make the day special on and off the field . it was also nice to see so many familiar faces from mining league teams up there cheering us on . got a headache from the drinking session last night and a sore foot from a rather unpleasent challenge but i got a winners medal and the day off . awesome