Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Chown

Why do clubs feel the need to play Senior players in Junior League?

There was nothing cynical about it coopsie i had a full squad in combo game and matti just wanted a game usually our 4th team are strugling to get players and are happy to play anyone available just a case of manager and player helping each other out well within the rules of the game the opposition didnt make any differance but its good moral booster for 4th team to get a win and there was 10 more players on the pitch to acheive that not just one.

There was nothing cynical about it coopsie i had a full squad in combo game and matti just wanted a game usually our 4th team are strugling to get players and are happy to play anyone available just a case of manager and player helping each other out well within the rules of the game the opposition didnt make any differance but its good moral booster for 4th team to get a win and there was 10 more players on the pitch to acheive that not just one.

I absolutely understand mate. I didn't think there was anything sinister about it. I just couldn't think of anybody else associated with Hayle that would be able to speak on behalf of the club. To be honest Al mate, I've known you too many years to think that YOU would disrupt a team just to play a "superstar" from one of the higher teams within the club. I just didn't know whether you may sometimes be told by those with a higher standing within the club which player to play etc etc?.

Coopsie absolute load of twaddle hayle are renowned for putting in ringers they do it every season. ie last year first game of the season falmouth ath headed down to Hayle to play an evening ko (just to help Hayle who were playing a combo game at 3 oclock.) we lost 8-1 few weeks later played hayle at home on a Saturday afternoon won 4-0 Ath had the same team. Did we really improve that much? I don,t think so. Reason why a player played in div2, If they keep their div 2 side out the relegation zone, then their div 1 side will stay up because you can,t have 2 teams in 1 division. again this has happened on numerous occasions. Postman Pat said have a clean slate at the beginning of the season, When you play a club with a combo team you would be playing a completely different side on an evening game to the team that played on the saturday. In my opinion, you should only be able to reinstate a player 10 days prior to his first game, and he MUST play junior football for 3 consecutive weeks after reinstatement to get his fitness back.

Guest Woodpecker

I normally play for a combo team,but sometimes i play for a mining league club!i get £10 a goal.I think everyone needs to chill out on this subject-cornish players r not pro's,so we should be able to play for who we want,when we want! :smiley20: :drink:

Thats fine Woodpecker, but when you need 3 points to win the combo league or to stop you being relegated. Hope you don,t have to go to Hayle and play their swpl side .......................AND LOSE!

Guest Woodpecker

Wouldn.t worry me about going to Hayle to play their first team,they r rubbish! :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Coopsie absolute load of twaddle hayle are renowned for putting in ringers they do it every season. ie last year first game of the season falmouth ath headed down to Hayle to play an evening ko (just to help Hayle who were playing a combo game at 3 oclock.) we lost 8-1 few weeks later played hayle at home on a Saturday afternoon won 4-0 Ath had the same team. Did we really improve that much? I don,t think so. Reason why a player played in div2, If they keep their div 2 side out the relegation zone, then their div 1 side will stay up because you can,t have 2 teams in 1 division. again this has happened on numerous occasions. Postman Pat said have a clean slate at the beginning of the season, When you play a club with a combo team you would be playing a completely different side on an evening game to the team that played on the saturday. In my opinion, you should only be able to reinstate a player 10 days prior to his first game, and he MUST play junior football for 3 consecutive weeks after reinstatement to get his fitness back.

Sorry mate but I know nothing of this reputation BUT even if they do act in that way, "THEY AREN'T BREAKING ANY RULES". I hate to see clubs dropping players from higher teams within the club, not because its immoral or ethically wrong, but because of the poor sod that has been playing his heart out week in week out who will be dropped for the player from the more senior team. It's those "triers" that keep the game going, who play the game with the spirit it is meant to be played in and they are the ones that deserve respect but nearly always end up getting a raw deal.

Too many managers have an "easy option", a player that will be their scapegoat if changes need to be made. I've been one of those players and it's not a nice way to be treated. It's disrespectful and hurtful and basically shows a lack of balls from the person/manager unwilling to sacrifice anybody else but his "easy option/scapegoat". Any team/club that employs these tactics do not deserve players such as the one's I've suggested, the triers. They can keep their mercenary attitude and send their "triers" to my club because I'd rather play in a team blessed with good, honest, hardworking triers instead of people/players with dilusions of grandure, a superiority complex and an inability to think anything else except "I'm better than everyone here".

Posted Mar 22 2008, 05:11 PM

Apparently Storm included a few "ringers" today against Robartes but it didn't pay off for them. Maybe Gaffer could clear it up?

Storm had 2 "ringers" in today. both ex praze players who now play for illogan combo.

our manager does this every year.

wasnt happy when he done that last year as it resulted in myself being dropped for a "ringer" in the

arthur pearce cup final after starting every league and cup game.

Posted Mar 22 2008, 05:11 PM

Apparently Storm included a few "ringers" today against Robartes but it didn't pay off for them. Maybe Gaffer could clear it up?

Storm had 2 "ringers" in today. both ex praze players who now play for illogan combo.

our manager does this every year.

wasnt happy when he done that last year as it resulted in myself being dropped for a "ringer" in the

arthur pearce cup final after starting every league and cup game.

Why not speak up as a unit Jules mate?.Surely you are not the only player that is unhappy with "ringer's" coming in and taking another players spot?. Perhaps the poor sod that has lost a place in the team to a "ringer" should just find another club where his efforts will be appreciated?.

Just adding my twopennyworth

It should be that a player plays for one club

Then - for instance this year I have had no complaints from other sides when I have had to play second team players on many occasions

this means that the second team has had to pull from the third team in division one FHL

now many of those players have played more than 5 games for the senior side which means they have to get re-instated to play junior football.

Normally thye would have only payed junior football

however other sides now playing against the third team now say you are playing senoior players and - moan

so i say if they play against a weakened side take the chance

if they play against a side that plays only the allowed number of re-instated players - put up and shut up

Ringers or people that play under assumed names should be sought out and banned

Got to answer topcat as he is talking crap we played and beat them with our team 8-1 on first game of season no first team players, when we played them at there place we were short as first team took players from us, if we had kept our team for the whole season we could have won the league if you look at results you will see we also beat Port and Mawnan last season at our place with our first team playing at home on the same day, and yes you did improve as season went on look at your results topcat you will see that yourself although i think you only see what you want to mate. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Your havin a complete laugh WEEMAN and I,m afraid I,m not the only one to notice. ie Could,nt raise a side to come and play us, but Div 2 side went and convincingly beat St Day. points lost yet again.

Sorry topcat not to sure what you saying i was just pointing out that as a second team we lose players to the first team and get them back again when they have full team one week we can be strong next week lose them again and that works through squads to the bottom team surely even you can understand the sense in that. And as a club you have to cancel the bottom teams game to release players for the team above them to fulfill the fixture. Common sense again. Waisting my time mate arent i. :mellow: :mellow:

And as a club you have to cancel the bottom teams game to release players for the team above them to fulfill the fixture.

Very good point Weeman, sorry if you misunderstood my posting please read your quote above, then answer this one!

Hayle were due to play Falmouth Ath in div 1 on Saturday the Tuesday before infront of the referee,s apointment secretary Hayle told us the game would not be played, and true to Hayles word you did,nt play saying that you could not raise a side. only for Your Div 2 side to beat St Day. I had calls from St Day asking why our div 1 game was called off, And Omerta was concerned that you may have dented Falmouth Towns chance of promotion. The points were awarded to St Day by the league, no dig at you mate but the above quote does show you understand them.