Cornwall Football Forum

WHICH REFEREE EARNS THE MOST MONEY FOR THE CCFA

WHICH REFEREE EARNS THE MOST MONEY FOR THE CCFA.

I ask this as I was at the Saltash United v Liskeard Athletic ECPL match and the referee issued 9 yellow cards and 1 red which must have earned the CCFA nearly £100 in fines.

YET NOT ONE CARD WAS FOR FOUL PLAY

Referee's must be defended as they have a very difficult job to do, but how this chap wasn't flattened by a player owed more to the restraint of the players who were under severe provocation by an obnoxious referee who did not allow any polite questioning of his decisions, yet paraded his brand new referees kit, which looks like a Scotland shirt with pure arrogance.

I for one would like to see referees like that removed from the game and put on man management courses before returning to the game.

We need referees but unfortunately this chap seems all to keen to raise money for the CCFA than actually referee a match sensibly. Some of his yellow cards awarded were hilarious and completely spoiled what was becoming a very good game until the sending off.

IS THERE A RECORD OF REFEREE'S RED AND YELLOW CARDS?

If the cards were for dissent (Arguing, questioning - call it what you want) then it doesn't say much for the intellect of the players if it took NINE cards before they got the message!

I say, "Great!". Refs should tell the players what will happen, and then do it.

Nine yellow cards won't happen every week. Eventually, even some of those with a minimal quantity of active brain cells will soon learn. And the game will be a lot better for it

I just love people replying to something about a match they were not even at and come up with replies which are nonsensical and irrelevant. And well led by Stig. What a pathetic reply. If you were at the match you would know what I mean. The match was terrific, no nastiness, hardly a foul in sight, played in the right spirit yet the referee decides to upset everyone in sight. And lets be fair this chap wasn't making the odd rash decision. Six of the players cautioned were from Saltash who won 9-2. He had one object in mind and that was to produce as many cards as he possibly could in the time available. As I said before, I will defend any official if he makes the odd mistake it happens or if he is given bad abuse. Unfortunately this chap had gone on the field with a pre-conceived plan to uphold his already bizarre reputation. Don't talk to me or I will book you. If this guy had refereed a Peninsula match he would not have had enough players left to complete the game because some referees turn a blind eye to the foul abuse thrown at them.

Here are just a few of his actions that produced a yellow card.

A Saltash player inadvertantly kicks the ball into the Liskeard dugout narrowly missing the Liskeard physio who gives out a scream (it was a female) the player laughingly says something like 'I'll get you next time" which everyone laughed at. Result a yellow card. A Liskeard player trys his luck from distance with the wind behind him and a Saltash player who is his mate says, you won't beat our goalkeeper from that distance. Result a yellow card. A Liskeard player politely asks the referee as the players walked off at half time "why did you send off the Liskeard player" and the referee in a nice loud voice for everyone to hear says something like 'so you want to put eight pounds into the Cornwall coffers' and you got it - a yellow card

Need I go on.

So come on chaps stop putting in your tuppence worth. If you were not at the match then don't comment. is there anyone out there who was?.

But what was the question?

WHICH REFEREE EARNS THE MOST MONEY FOR THE CCFA? That is for income gained thriough issuing yellow and red cards.

Any ideas.

And BJ's It wasn't the same referee that was Allan Johns who did a superb job because he actually understands players and most of all has excellent man management skills. Yes he makes the odd mistake but he knows how to handle players.

ECPL why have you started this thread.

Are you asking people to name officials?

Why? If a name came up what do you think it would do for that persons career? People would think he was card happy and would be automatically on the back foot every game he officiated. They would not want that person and would have a negative attitude towards them.

Also what would it do for his/her moral when and if they are named on here. How would you like to be thought of as incompetent and can only control a game by issuing cards to players.

Be thankful you have men and women willing to come out every weekend come rain or shine to give the rest of us, both players and spectators a chance to enjoy the game we love. They take so much vebal abuse I personally would not take. Occansionally there is even violence.

Moan about the refs on the officail paperwork at the end of the match not on a public forum. We should have better things to talk about than this.

CTB

I LOVE ALL REFEREE's. They are great and perhaps if people just kept their mouth shut and let them get on with what they are there to do, they wouldn't get the inclination to dish out cards for anything other than that which truly deserves it.

To expect people to name an official on a public forum is a little far fetched because quite a few of have spent a fair few years trying to build up a rapport with these guys.

However, I do have a morbid interest in which official is the most "card happy".

As I understand it the referee is being reported to the league by both clubs. Also the referee is well known for his antics with cards. I'm not saying he is a poor referee in so far as his decison making is concerned but he seems to be waging a one man crusade to referee his way. Every time there is a yellow card it costs a player who receives no money from the game £8. I don't know what it is for a red one. So a little commonsense by the man in the middle is all people can ask for. BY some of your remarks perhaps some of you don't believe in that then that is your opinion.

As a former whistle blower I do actually know what I am talking about.

Just wait until you get assigned this particular referee. This forum will be full of complaints.

Don't forget I have not named the individual but I think most people will know who he is.

AND THE QUESTION STILL REMAINS.

WHICH REFEREE EARNS THE MOST MONEY FOR THE CCFA

i'm the captain of liskeard 2nd team and the referee was awful! dissent is one thing fair enough but not being allowed to talk to him in a civilised manner is another. consistency is all we ask for, giving a decision for something and then not following it through for the rest of the game is where the problem started and seen as he used to be one of the dirtiest players around cracks me up! totally agree with ECPL you had to be there!!!

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

lol well least i no there is someone worse than me but i feel quite sick cause i havn't used my cards in 4 games now (2 youth and 2 minging/ fal and hel leagues)

is there something wrong with me.....

Thats wrong if he is booking players for incdents like saying 'u won't beat our keep' but i won't comment as i wasn't there.

hmmm i wonder how much money i've earned the CCFA this season. I would like some money for that as i gave them it lol

tms no9 do i have to answer that question? as i think u already know lol

Now please don't take this as me suggesting the following name is a bad referee.

And also, I don't have any idea if he is the CCFA's biggest earner, however over the years, and he has been reffing for quite a while now, I reckon Stephen Paul must be well up towards the top of the table! :SM_carton_y:

lol well least i no there is someone worse than me but i feel quite sick cause i havn't used my cards in 4 games now (2 youth and 2 minging/ fal and hel leagues)

Thats wrong if he is booking players for incdents like saying 'u won't beat our keep' but i won't comment as i wasn't there.

hmmm i wonder how much money i've earned the CCFA this season. I would like some money for that as i gave them it lol

haha funny mate

but you didnt earn them that much money on £23 which i was happy with could have been alot more lol

:yahoo:

High Cross Street hasn't been repainted since Robin Gregory left, but...at least in the west, it must be close between Messrs Rosenberg, Tippett and Hoon. I must admit from Senior Cup experiences in the East, some of them, are madder than ever up there. Bottom of that league for making CCFA money, probably Steve Lawrence, Andy Howes and Steve Rose. Who are the better refs ? Nuff said.

:lol:

Are you able to get to football or what ? I'll give you a lift if you're stuck...got a phone number/address ?

Rod

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

haha funny mate

but you didnt earn them that much money on £23 which i was happy with could have been alot more lol

:yahoo:

lol u don't mean could of u mean should off lol no thats fair cause u did it accidently and was just a natual reaction lol. hopefully i don't ave to ref u nxt month cause u aint got me.

The apparently notorious ref that sent off three :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: Tavy players (one after the final whistle) against Bude on Sunday, did our game at Holsworthy last night and although he did pull up one or two every time they swore (at themselves...not him), I thought he handled the game superbly.

Not a single bad tackle in the whole game and only one yellow :SM_carton_y: to a Holsworthy player for the third time he was warned about his language.

My team usually can't go a whole ninety minutes without one or two falling out with the ref or questioning his decision's which can have a negative affect on the whole team or mean that you don't then tend to get the 50/50 decisions go your way.

But yesterday, my lads were on their best behaviour and as such the performance and result took care of themselves.

If, as in this case, you know what to expect from the ref before you kick off, you can prepare your team properly and have no excuses if you end up with red or yellows for dissent.

In my opinion, I say fair play to the ref yesterday, he handled the game very well.