Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speedy Gonzales

DIVING! plain cheating or nice peice of skill???

I absolutely agree A One And A Six. Infact I think that a player who dives should be given a much more severe punishment than a player who either made an unfortunately mistimed challenge to concede a penalty or even a player that just couldn't bare the thought of an attacker scoring and blatantly brings him down(I mean by way of a trip etc, not with a two footed leg breaker of a challenge).

Cheating in any sport is nothing short of sickening. To do it in "the beautiful game" is in my opinion UNACCEPTABLE. Give them a three game ban for the dive and then give them another MINIMUM three game ban for bringing the game into disrepute. :angry2:

I can`t beleive that this is a topic that needs debate but I might as well put in my personal opinion as an "elder of the village"

If it happens in a game then a ref should have the power to send the player in question off without question. It`s pathetic, degrading, embarressing to the team, officials and supporters, it is the lowest form of cheating, it is frowned upon by anyone who has a real interest in sport of any kind and apart from the fact that it makes you look like a real tit, nobody really thinks it has a part to play in our beautiful game!

McHugh 2008

what happens if the players trips over a bobble(can happen alot on a mining 3 pitch)the ref sends him off

if he trys to appeal who is going to belive him?i can assure you there will be no video proof in lower league football!! :SM_carton:

what happens if the players trips over a bobble(can happen alot on a mining 3 pitch)the ref sends him off

if he trys to appeal who is going to belive him?i can assure you there will be no video proof in lower league football!! :SM_carton:

An HONEST player will instantly say to the ref that no foul was made and show the divot that they tripped over. I can't clearly remember but I think Robbie Fowler did it years ago when it looked like he was fouled for a penalty. He got up quick as you like and made it abundantly clear that no foul had taken place. The result was a goal kick and nothing but plaudits in the paper the day after for the honesty shown. As I said, I'm not 100% sure it was Robbie fowler but you get my point.

I hate losing BUT I'd rather be an honest loser than a sickening, cowardly cheat.

Always nice to stick ur rod out!!

Not if it's in a team photo for a local newspaper. ;)

An HONEST player will instantly say to the ref that no foul was made and show the divot that they tripped over. I can't clearly remember but I think Robbie Fowler did it years ago when it looked like he was fouled for a penalty. He got up quick as you like and made it abundantly clear that no foul had taken place. The result was a goal kick and nothing but plaudits in the paper the day after for the honesty shown. As I said, I'm not 100% sure it was Robbie fowler but you get my point.

I hate losing BUT I'd rather be an honest loser than a sickening, cowardly cheat.

Always nice to stick ur rod out!!

Not if it's in a team photo for a local newspaper. ;)

fair enof but you no what some refs can be like they wont give you enof time to even do that! :o

the jokes on you boys

i went fishing and looks like i caught me alot of fishies!hahahaha

It's only last week we were talking about you being a bit of a wind up merchant mate.

The only problem is, I think this certain wind up could well end up biting you on the bum?. Whether tongue in cheek or not, you will be doubted every time you go to ground. Andy Johnson of Everton springs to mind and Ronaldo at the weekend SHOULD have had a penalty. Unfortunately, they "made their bed" in the past with stupid dives etc and now a ref has no option but to think twice or doubt the sincerity of the fall.

You could well end up suffering a similar outcome?.

Do you play with Kev Toy by any chance?. :c:

its only last week that you said you enjoy a bit of banter

just trying 2 keep it light lads

just thought id stick my rod out and look what happened

my bite alarm blew up lol

went fishing jus like i do 4 those penalties

I don't think after saying on here that you dive you'll be getting many more penalties. Not from any ref who reads this site anyway. The only thing you'll be getting is a yellow card and a talking too. :D

Guest Ronin

its only last week that you said you enjoy a bit of banter

just trying 2 keep it light lads

just thought id stick my rod out and look what happened

my bite alarm blew up lol

went fishing jus like i do 4 those penalties

There's a diffrence between banter and being an arse Speedy :rolleyes: I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're only here to wind people up & cause a row. This post just proves it & now people on here have got the measure of you

all joking aside now,who am i exactly winding up???????ive just said my view on a certain subject

i aint the one whos been throwing stones

im poking fun at myself more than anything

no offence but i think some of you take it all a little bit too serious

Guest Ronin

When it comes to blatantly cheating Speedy I think most of us take it seriously (especially the refs on here)

there is no place in any sport for cheating and diving and the player deserves to be sent off and banned, but was the question about the utd game on sat because i beleive it was a pen and ronnie did not dive he was blocked, but hes made a rod for his own back by in the past going down to easy as did hesky and drogber but they learnt very quickly as ronnie has to. hes a great talent but once ur labled a diver and cheat he will always get things against him its human nature , the ref in my opion was wrong but you can understand why he played on

yeh m8 y

just figured that anybody that seems to enjoy a wind up as much as you do, must play with Kevin Toy. Do me a favor please. Tell him that Coopsie says hi and I hope he is ok. He is a top fella and a funny sod aswell. He could give you plenty of lessons in the art of winding up, he is a true master of it. For some reason he doesn't appreciate standing between the sticks and getting beaten from 35 yards out?.

Our teams had a match against eachother one day a few years back and him and me were giving eachother so much grief that the ref wanted to send us both off or abandon the game. I'm not joking when I say that I think the ref was close to crying. We were only bloody arguing and winding eachother up, you know, calling eachother rubbish etc and the ref was going mental at us. Kev kept telling me how useless I was and then 10 minutes later I planted one past him from 35 yards and it went nicely into the top corner. Since that day we've had some great banter and he always made me laugh because he says I "would argue with a corner flag". He has a point.

He will definately put you right about diving though Speedy. Kev has alot of respect within the Cornish footballing community and I really can't believe he would like to be associated with any kind of cheating.

Guest Helston Patriot

Atleast alot of refs have seen this post and know what your like. so i think the jokes on you now!!! Lets see how many pens you get now

i thought you would come out of the woodwork hp

well ive had a few this year

but i think i won 13 one season for athletic a few seasons back

me and i am the best have got a bet on to see who can win the most pens

in the penalty area ..like me

he is bambi on ice

just from looking at people logged in young jake you suddenly logged out in came urban spaceman wrote a message then you logged bk in , funny that

jakie you have been caught

And it's all gone quiet over there. :yahoo:

Guest artificiosus

haha mike you love it

good stuff jim

its like fishing 4 gobies m8 hahah

these fish are hungry

i caught a gobie fish once.

if any people have been sent off due to jake diving would they be able to print this page with the quates of jake admiting to cheat to win penaltys and get there money back in fines they would occur from ccfa.

then ccfa could foot the bill to jake.

i bet hes scared to fall in the box this weekend jus incase a ref sends him off 4 diving then there would be 35days in the post

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

What team does `Speedy` play for? would like to know,an see if his team are awarded any penalties from now on. :blink:

Guest artificiosus

speedy plays for falmouth athletic

falmouth helston league div 1.

i agree that diving is cheating but before you hang someone is not appealling for a throwing corner free kick etc etc when you know for a fact that it was not your ball.how many of you can honestly say you never appealed for a decision knowing it was not your ball.surely this is cheating as well? :SM_carton: