Cornwall Football Forum

cup and league winners

Deano the 2nd team are at home to St Day. Our third top 4 team in a row.

Tough game but the lads showed great spirit and effort last week.

Been promoted to waterboy eh? Sod me Toyer and Roy must be desperate!

Dont forget to get the water out of a tap and not the urinal.

Yellow water is bad for you! Ha Ha Ha.

twinkles toes i have a funny feeling you are richy himself lol

and replying to your commebt every1 ses i need confidence but i dont no why i havnt got any just aint used to playing with different players i spose even tho they are all mates

deano please tell me you are joking when you said you didnt no hu richy was????

TMS NO9 IM NOT FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO MANAGE OR PLAY FOOTBALL IM JUST A KEEN FOLLOWER. I LIKE TO WATCH AND ENJOY THE GAME AND MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS ON WHAT TEAMS AND PLAYERS ARE GOOD OR BAD. I HAVE FOLLOWED THE CORNISH SUNDAY LEAGUE FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND MINNING LG FOR OVER 15 YEARS, I HAVE LIVED IN TRURO ALL MY LIFE AND HVE WATCH TMS OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS AND ENJOY THE FOOTBALL PLAYED. I HAVE KNOWN RICHY PRICE FOR 20 ODD YEARS AND BELEIVE HE IS PROBLY THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MANAGER IN SUNDAY FOOTBALL OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS.

AS FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE YOU NEED TO BE STRONG ON THE BALL AND NOT AFFRAID TO SHOOT WHEN YOU CAN, IF YOU PLAYED FOOTBALL AS MUCH AS YOU GOB OFF YOU WUD BE PLAYING A MUCH HIGHER STANDARD OF FOOTBALL!!!!

AS FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE YOU NEED TO BE STRONG ON THE BALL AND NOT AFFRAID TO SHOOT WHEN YOU CAN, IF YOU PLAYED FOOTBALL AS MUCH AS YOU GOB OFF YOU WUD BE PLAYING A MUCH HIGHER STANDARD OF FOOTBALL!!!!

haha fair enough im trying to keep it down but my captain tells me to on saturdays and sundays to wind the opponents up hopefully will be playing higher standard but unfortnatly we dont really need strikers at tms as we have alot of them and im not in any rush to leave love it here :yahoo: :drink:

ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU HAVE GOT COMITMENT TO YOU CLUB, AND AT YOUR AGE YOU HAVE GOT PLENTY OF TIME TO PLAY AT A BETTER STANDARD OF FOOTBALL IF YOU WORK AT IT AND STAY OFF THE :drink: .

AS FOR WINDING UP THE OPPOSITION IT SOMTIMES HAS AN ADVERSE AFFECT AND CAN MAKE A TEAM PLAY MUCH BETTER FOOTBALL SO BE CARFULL WHO YOUR WINDING UP. ARE YOU PLAYING ON SAT THIS WK? IF SO WHERE?

• 2 weeks later...

Twinkle Toes - Apologies for a very late response to your question!Sadly I am not playing Sunday League any more, playing on a Saturday in the Combo now, don't think I could manage two games in a weekend!!!!

Think my last game was against Culdrose in the league (not sure what year it was), Richie dropped me because I was late, I think we needed a point to win the league and if I recall, we scored right at the end to secure the title. Happy days. I'm sure Rob Bray had his camera on that day, Pricey - get some pics on here!

I used to love the serviceforce league as pretty much all of the home and away games were played at Malpas Park! There were always great battles against Penryn, Culdrose and Churchtown, not to mention the local derby matches.

You are right, it is Michael Rabone and Richie P did seem to score an outrageous amount of goals on a Sunday. He did talk up his left foot a lot, but he seemed to hit the back of the net when it mattered. It was a real shame when he picked up that horrific injury because we'd bagged a really good win against St Columb Minor (who had quite a few Newquay lads playing). I honestly thought that he was playing for time. Remember Andy Philp breaking his ankle in the corresponding fixture against St Stephen the following season. Not good.

Cheers.

Mezza - great spot.... surely more than a coincidence?! :)

I have a funny feeling who twinkletoes1 is?

He seems to know alot about richy price!

"MY LEFT FOOT" THE ONE AND ONLY

He did talk up his left foot a lot

WELL YOU ALL SEEM TO HAVE GUESED WHO I AM NOW SO DO YOU KNOW WHO IS THE MOST SUCKCESSFUL SIDE AND MANAGER YET...

IT WAS GREAT TO BE INVOLVED WIV THIS LEAGUE AS A PLAYER AND A MANAGER I AM ENJOYING IT THIS YEAR AS WE ARE ON FOR A TREBLE. THE ONLY THING THAT I AS A PLAYER AND A MANAGER I HAVE NOT WON IS THE F..KING SUNDAY CUP. THOSE WHO KNOW ME WELL WILL IM SURE KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS FOR ME AND I AM THINKING OF WAYS TO GET MY HANDS ON IT.... MAYBEE I SHUD STEAL IT LIKE SUMONE STOLE MY CUP ONE SEASON.HAHA.

HI TO MICKEY R, HOPE YOUR WELL BUDDY.

no im a good boy now!!!! still manageing football in a fasion... in line for the treble this year.. in league cup, sobey sheild and title again!!! its great to be still involved in the lovely game, alass im putting it on hold this year for a while to spend time with the family and kids. my eldest now plays for roach under 9s and i want to be involved with him and my 2 year old dosnt put a football down, so i want to help them go forward and be better than i ever was.

nice to hear from you, pm me your mobile and i will give you a ring mate to catch up. :drink: