Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL and Cup Results 16 Feb

Guest Chris B

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 7 v 0 St Day Percy Stephens Cup Q/F

Tony Morley (5 - incl 1 penalty)

Terry Rowe

Mark Goldsworthy

Scrappy first half leading to 1-0 at HT. One way traffic in second half resulted in another six goals.

Guest Dave Sobey

PERCY STEPHENS CUP 2nd Round

CARHARRACK 0 PERRANWELL 3

CHACEWATER 8 MOUSEHOLE 0

HELSTON 7 ST DAY 0

ROSUDGEON 4 TRURO CITY 3 aet

BARKER BOWL 1st Round Replay

FALMOUTH ALB 4 TRISPEN 0

DIVISION ONE

FALMOUTH ALB 0 FALMOUTH TOWN 2

HOLMANS 1 STITHIANS 0

LIZARD 5 HAYLE 0

MAWNAN 0 ST KEVERNE 0

ST AGNES 1 FALMOUTH ATH 0

WENDRON 0 PENRYN 1

DIVISION TWO

CONSTANTINE 0 PENDEEN 2

HAYLE 1 WENDRON 0

MARAZION 1 MAWNAN 2

MAWGAN 3 CULDROSE 3

PERR/PORTH 4 FROG/CUS 0

DIVISION THREE

CARHARRACK 2 RUAN MINOR 4

FALMOUTH ATH 1 LANNER 5

FROG/CUS 1 HELSTON 12

PORTHLEVEN RANG 6 ROSUDGEON 0

STITHIANS 0 CAMBORNE PARK 4

ST DAY 2 MULLION 2

Guest helstons14

Just pointing out an error in the table. Us (Helston) and Holmans have an identical record yet we are 3points ahead! Apart from that keep up the good work!

Helstons 14 - Holmans were deducted 3 points from their game against St Day. St Day were awarded the 3 points.

As far as I know the goals for and against stay the same (can anyone confirm) so have still entered the result onto my results grid, then deducted/added points for relevant teams.

Clear as Mud? :blink:

Green & White, i think you are being very generous about the ref!!!! I have never played in match spoilt to that degree by a whistle happy ref in all my years. Before the game he said he would play advantage at every opourtunity, then forgot what he said and didn't allow it once all game.

Must have been bad if the team that won 8-0 slates him, not that he really changed the final result though, think we would have beaten most teams in the league today.

St Agnes 1 V Fal Ath 0.

Good game played without an official ref, although the chap in charge did well. Centre half for Aggie Shane ?(sorry, quite a big built player) was exceptional with several last ditch challenges. Aggie scored just before half-time, Ath pushed forward in the second half but failed to score. last 20 min both goals were living charmed lives. but Aggie held on to take the win!

Guest Sullivan

Helston 7 v 0 St Day Percy Stephens Cup Q/F

Tony Morley (5 - incl 1 penalty)

Terry Rowe

Mark Goldsworthy

Scrappy first half leading to 1-0 at HT. One way traffic in second half resulted in another six goals.

Good to see Tony Morley firing again, should be pushing first team again soon.

Updated Unofficial FHFL 2 Table @ 16/02/08

:c:

Pendeen retain the spot at the top of the table and Hayle have finally managed to get of the bottom with Trispen taking their place.

Anyone who has played in this division will know how tough it is. However with a 1/3 of the season left it should be a tight promotion and relegation battle.

Rich

Mawgan 3-Culdrose 3

Mawgan got off to a flier by taking the lead with their 1st attack when after a good save by the Culdrose keeper Steven (spike) Hughes managed to get his toe on the rebound and turn the ball into the net. After that the rest of the 1st half was one way traffic with Mawgan winning every 1st & second ball and capitilised with 2 more goals from Hughes for a 3-0 lead at half time.

The second half was exatly the same but the roles being reversed and Culdrose were 1st to every ball and seemed to want it more- with the Mawgan players thinking they had already won the game seemed to switch off. The biggest moment of the match came just after the hour with the score at 3-1 when Mawgan were awarded a penalty, which if converted would surely have ended the Culdrose fightback, but the keeper pulled off a great save. It was then Culdrose who were awarded a penalty which was converted and then a last minute equaliser from Mawgan old boy Kieran Day after a goal mouth scramble. 3-3 at the final whistle and Mawgan had thrown away 2 points which could become costly at the end of the season.

I have to put in a quick word on the ref. This game was a local derby with a lot of pride and bragging rights at stake, and fortunatly there wasn't a serious flash point in the game because if there had of been the ref would not have been able to control it. He had both myself & scooby scratching our heads at times with what decision he had given and was indecisive all the way through the game.

Anyone who reads my reports will know that if a ref has had a good game i will always say even in defeat but i think it is only fair to say when one has had a stinker.

thanks to Culdrose as this was an entertaining game with some good football being played and we look forward to the return game.

Mac

Guest mercurial

Very little on here about Rosudgeon inflicting only Truro's third defeat of the season on Truro City III's.

Great game with Rosudgeon going two goals down before mounting a fightback, equalising and forcing the game into extra time, scoring two more goals in the additional half an hour before Truro were awarded a penalty with 10 seconds of the game remaining to make it 4-3 and a well deserved victory to Rosudgeon.

A good tempo to the game with the difference probably coming down to the fact that Rosudgeon simply wanted to win it more as the game went on than the Truro lads who possibly thought the game was won a 2-0.

That's three games played between Truro and Rosudgeon so far this season - with two league games still to play!

Well done to the Truro lads who came back to the club afterwards despite being clearly gutted at losing the game.

To the Rosudgeon team - a very good performance which should act as the benchmark for the rest of the season

Mawgan 3-3 RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Spot on report above Mac, it was a typical derby in every sense!! although at times very physical it was played in a good spirit at all times. It was apparent early on that nearly everyone's Monday morning at work rested on the outcome. The lads at down at Mawgan have a cracking spirit and were more than social hosts after the game. Refereeing is a thankless task and sometimes officials can have off days but this game needed a stronger character in the middle considering the rivalry, but to be fair a lot of that rivalry would not have been known to the appointer or many outside of the two clubs.

We look forward to an equally intense return game! hopefully not as many grey hairs eh!!