Cornwall Football Forum

Truro 6 St Blazey 2

Guest Rubber Soul

First half cut short by 5 minutes due to serious injury to Bradley Ralph in accidental collision with Lee Whetters-Ambulance on the pitch.

Excellent gate of 617

Other match;

SWPL(P) Cullompton Rangers 0 Plymouth Parkway 1 (Andy Sargent 4 min)

3 red cards.

Parkway go top.

Dawlish win away at Chard 3-1 and are now in second (promotion) spot behind Truro in Western League.

Well.....first things first, All the best to Bradley Ralph. Never looked much when he took the knock but once he was covered in jumpers and anything they could get his hands on to keep him warm you no it dosnt look good. All the best to him, hope to see him back very soon.

Now for a good moan!! Here we go I hear you say!! How many times do you see a Ref get all picky and tell a player to take a free kick a yard further back etc. Well tonight, in the opening seconds, Truro get a free kick, no problem with that, but it was taken miles inside the pitch from where the foul took place. 2 seconds later Truro score. It was a joke to say the least, and the game plan gone in seconds. :SM_carton:

To be fair, Truro looked sharp at times and St Blazey had no answer in the first half.

St Blazey, with a good vocal crowd behind them never gave up and scored 2 and should have scored a 3rd before Truro made it 6-2 with a right **** up following a poor kick from St Blazeys keeper.

Good to see so many St Blazey fans there tonight and good to meet up with some familiar faces, also known as Mike and Pidgeon. :thumbsup:

Talking to the one man whos made every Truro away match this season. Well done to him. To say they have some long trips is a understatement but when only 6 have made the effort a couple times you wonder who will travel to away games next season when they play clubs around London etc.

Good Banter with everyone tonight, shame about the result. At Least Argyle had a good win, this time next week im off to Southampton to watch Argyle, another 3 points will be more than welcome.

St Blazey host Witheridge on saturday, bring em on. :thumbsup:

Been informed this morning by Juliet (Brads wife), that after being allowed to return home from Treliske, Brad had paramedics called out to their home last night as he was slipping in and out of conciousness and they stayed with him for a couple of hours.

This morning he is feeling groggy and alot of pain, but seems to be nothing more serious sustained.

Now for a good moan!! Here we go I hear you say!! How many times do you see a Ref get all picky and tell a player to take a free kick a yard further back etc. Well tonight, in the opening seconds, Truro get a free kick, no problem with that, but it was taken miles inside the pitch from where the foul took place. 2 seconds later Truro score. It was a joke to say the least, and the game plan gone in seconds.

My own reading of the Free kick, yes it was taken further forward than where the offence took place (the miles inside the pitch was more like 4 yards), but still in Truro's own half! Blazey still had an opportunity to defend the attack but played a high line at the back, Truro broke straight from the free kick and scored (about 30 second into the match)!

I dont think Truro had to play paticularly well to lead 4-0 at the break, they just seemed to capitalise on the mistakes of St Blazey!

But it was much more even in the second half, and 2-2 for that half was a fair reflection.

Just the view of a neutral!!

Gorgie that was a fair opinion from a neutral.

Firstly this is not a sign of sour grapes in the slightest as I was dissapointed at our inability to defend as a team in the opening half hour which consequently gave us a mountain to climb basically.

Our back line has been in very strong form in recent weeks but failed to hold their line and shape, gifting Truro their 4 goal headstart. Saying that, the movement of Truro going forward was superb and what a signing Dean Stamp looks to be!

BUT, in the first 60 seconds you really do not need a team of Truro's quality, allowed to take a free kick atleast 15 feet in advance of the correct position that the foul had occured. It was directly infront of the away dugout and right infront of the Assistant Linesman also, who astonishly made nothing of it!! And before anyone says it, it was not the distance gained that led to Truro scoring their opener, it was the fact that it allowed them to take it quicker! Then to add to our woes, we then are informed at half time by Truro players on the pitch at the time that the goal was also 3 yards offside!!

Anyway, all said and done we were beaten in the first half by the better team although the second half saw a significant improvement as I felt we caused Truro more problems than they did us and indeed we had caused ourselves in the first half!

They will take some beating in this years senior cup but I have to say that they also looked shakey at the back when put under pressure.

Saying that, the movement of Truro going forward was superb and what a signing Dean Stamp looks to be!

Then to add to our woes, we then are informed at half time by Truro players on the pitch at the time that the goal was also 3 yards offside!!

I've got to agree with you Lafs, Dean Stamp looked a very classy player, can also understand the frustration about the free kick, as an official myself I'm always trying to weigh up a balance of letting the game flow without being to fussy at free kicks etc but do accept it was taken from the wrong place.

As for being 3 yards offside I would disagree because I was very nearly level and it looked as though one of Blazey lads at the back was slow coming out and despite appealing I think he knew he'd played Truro onside!

Best of luck to both sides for the remainder of the season

Good game to watch,and as expected St Blazey were up for it in the hope they would cause an upset.In fact an over eager tackle in the first min of the game is what gave Truro their first goal.The free kick was not taken from the exact spot of the foul but still in a harmless spot inside the Truro half.The free kick was taken quickly and the St Blazey defense were slow to react to the pace of the Truro strikers and were a goal down in the first minute.Not the start that St Blazey really wanted.The rest of the first half continued in the same mode with Truro adding 3 more goals and the St Blazey defense being caught out by the pace of the Truro strikers.

St Blazey kept up the fight in the first half with a few long range shots at goal but nothing to trouble the Truro keeper.The first half ended when 2 St Blazey players collided trying to stop an attack.It was a very worrying time for all at the match,but thank god the injured player has made a recovery,and I hope he is back playing very soon.With the result secure the second half was more a case of an holding game for Truro who scored 2 more goals,but all credit to St Blazey who did not give up the fight like some teams would have done and scored 2 great goals which I was glad to see.It was once again nice to see 2 sides with such a history in this competition playing at Treyew Rd again.

Best of luck St Blazey for the rest of the season,you seem to have got things back on track just lately.

KIT.

Evening KIT. Was good to meet up with with a few people I havnt seen for some time last night. And good to see so much green around the ground. Good support for last night. Was surprised to see over 600 for last nights cup tie. That was your 4th higest crowd this season!! The best 3 crowds being F.A cup or Vase ties. Good to see a local game brings em out!! All the best.

Yes,good game,great support for both teams,and what a gate for Tuesday evening game,also a good friendly atmosphere,wish we could play each other more often.Nice to see the St Blazey flags down the far end of the ground,best of luck for the rest of the season,you deserve it with the loyal support that you get.

KIT.

You never no, give it a couple seasons, we maybe playing Truro in the league once more, although it will be your second side. Wasnt sure wether to take the flags down when the 4th went in!! Things were looking bleak!! But we still had a good evening. Amazing to think, but there isnt much of the season left now. Dont no where the seasons gone. Hoping we can push on and sneak in the top 6. I think that would a great end of season, with the changes thats happened. As for your lot, they played very well at times, no problem as for you going up playing like that, be intresting to see what standard you come up against next season.

Mike,

You say the first half was cut short by 5 mins due to the injury, was the second half also cut short by 5 mins or was the full 45 played?

Dont think so Stig,

The first half was timed at 36 minutes when the injury happened and the second appeared to run its full course as Truro scored in the 82nd.min with a fair ammount of time left before the final whistle.

But commonsense prevailed in having an early interval.

Just arrived back from the lovely dental chair guys, where I had my two front teeth patched up temp and another reset. Can't have my new crowns till 11th April due to nerve and tissue damage in the gums,so looks like i'll be as ugly as Whetts for a while yet!

On the more serious side, I would to thank everyone for looking after me on Tuesday, from Luce, Hayden, paramedics and especially my missus and inlaws, who had long night watching over me! It's good to know there are people you can rely on when things go wrong. Thanks to everyone

Roll on Saturday so we can hopefully get back on the winning trail.( I'll be there with the fines book lads! )