Cornwall Football Forum

Well I want everybody to go along to cheer Tottenham on at Wembley in 2 weeks time. They are my local team from the same county/constituency as me and I think you should all get behind them. It's only right that you follow them isn't it???. You see what I'm trying to say here people?.

Well I want everybody to go along to cheer Tottenham on at Wembley in 2 weeks time. They are my local team from the same county/constituency as me and I think you should all get behind them. It's only right that you follow them isn't it???. You see what I'm trying to say here people?.

yeah I see what your saying judging by your avatar you are one sick puppy coopsie :P

yeah I see what your saying judging by your avatar you are one sick puppy coopsie :P

THANKYOU r_and_l, for seeing what I was saying and you're not too far wrong with your conclusions on my personality either. ;)

Yeah thats pretty gross!!! Its a small section from 'The Ring' is it not? :c:

You know what, I'm not actually too sure :unsure: . I'm willing to take your word on it though because I've never actually seen the film (my mrs has seen the original chinese version and said it was pure disgusting grossness). I happened to see it (the avatar pic) on one of the Spurs forum's I go on and just had to get it because I thought it was GREAT. :c:

Truro had over 13,000 turn up at Wembley last year and it was a great day out, although we all support or are invloved in other teams throughout the county we still wanted and cheered when they won.

We watch the senior cup final and junior cup finals everyyear and even if our team doesnt make it we go along and pick a team we want to win.

If any of you don't like what Truro is doing then you don't need to comment on it because it doesnt effect you. The fact of the matter is we would all like to have a Kevin Heaney come into our club and make it the best it can be.

The people who hate Truro are jealous of the funds available not because of the players because they play some good football and at the end of the day thats what we all want to see.

I know alot of people who went to the vase final MAINLY to see the new stadium which our tax over paid for. Truro going was just an excuse as buses were put on..

And for the record i dislike Truro after playing against them and seeing/hearing first hand the jumped up, arrogant, egotistical comments coming from players on the pitch and in the dug out who have got very disillusioned with the standard of football they play and more importantly where they came from.

i dont know were you get all this about comments from the bench,i was there and i didnt hear any of these so called coments,if you conctrated on your own game instead of trying to listen to whats going on ,you might have had a better game,and its funny that you didnt hear the comments of truros players being slaged off.blinkered or what :blink:

hey from a proper cornish boy my ansom who was born at penventon hotel which used to be the only maternity hospital in cornwall before trelisk and whos ate so many pasties hes now struggling to play vets football can i make a point , im a fottball suporter and very very very into football now i support plymouth ( who are a devon side) but like man utd simply for the way they play but id go and watch arsenal in any fixture again for the way they play, im a bugle boy born and bred and played my first swl game for them along with lobby pete trevian and the trugion twins under the great duncan simpson , but to listen to the anti truro group on here amazies me , TRURO CITY ARE A CORNISH CLUB dave lenord glyn hooper webby and every one involved are decent guys who have just got better oppprtunitys than the rest of us ,get over it and to read on here some one went to wembly on free tickets then admit to not supporting truro and not cheering when then won is so sad, tonight i admit id like to see blazy progress against truro simply because of the under dog thing and im great friends with laffs , but im working so cant go but id drive the length of cornwall to watch a great game and if truro score 6 and they are good goals as a FOOTBALL supporter id be very pleased, the center mid fielder for witley bay was class on sat why cant people accept that there is always some one better ! and stop being so petty and jealious !!!!!!! it does not matter if u like it or not but when an english team play in the champions league abroad we as english should support them and like wise if a cornish team playes out of cornwall we should support them , if you cant do that then it just proves the small minded ness of some people on here , i respect all views on here and thats why i want to put mine across but saying that i did sruggle when the rep of ireland played england in the world cup and chris morris played for ireland when he was newquay born and bred so mabey i just dont know what im talking about ? ,footballs a funny old game but stop knocking truro and any club thats not yours and lighten up ,,,,,, if u like it or not if truro are playing out of the county there representing cornwall being a cornish team , but just for tonight come on the green and blacks lol opps here come some more comments

Why SHOULD we follow/cheer on Truro because they are Cornish and why SHOULD we cheer on any other English team in the Champions league tec if they are not the team(s) we follow?.

I do not concur with this "Anti Truro" talk. I don't think it's possible to emphasise enough that those of us being accused of being "Anti Truro" are NOT necessarily "Anti Truro", we just aren't interested or don't care about them BUT those who are "Pro Truro" seem to think that we are somehow obliged to have some sort of affinity/affection towards them.

We all have our own minds and as INDIVIDUALS we can choose to make up our mind in any way we wish. Good luck to ALL Truro followers(sheep) and anybody associated with the club BUT I am one of those many INDIVIDUALS that simply couldn't give a damn about them. They are of NO concern to me whatsoever and I will not be rail roaded into falsely suppporting something I do not wish to support and I would never dream of paying to watch them unless they were playing Spurs or my local team, neither of which is going to happen so accept it, move on and enjoy any success that Truro do or don't enjoy.

am i missing the point was i wrong to support liverpool in the champions cup final when i dont support them or everton in europe arsenal against real madrid if your the football supporters that you claim why does ur support stop at one club ? the next time one of your players unleashes a 20 yd pile driver a stunning shot but the opp keeper pulles off a fantasic save how about just once saying great shot followed up by great save point made , im not asking you to support truro or tregony or timbuckto but in the wider scope football is played all over the world by all standards of players and i respect ur view to support your local team but and this is a big but, the next time ronaldo scors a great free kick or the guy from st day scores a great goal against your team how about saying well done !!!!!! and if a CORNISH team yes truro are enjoying some success how about saying well done ? theres a lot of good things happening in cornish football , dave and glyn at truro trevor with the seconds ray with the county team john bates doing well at roche, were flying at godolphin , rickis got torpoint flying along with landreth and saltash , ian with torpoint firsts , wadebridge and mr dudly and of course dave and laffs have done well at blazey and i wont forget falmouths turn around under neil phillips and mr massy, so next time i have not got a game on a sat ill be heading off to watch some of the brilliant football around in cornwall not stuck at home shouting baaa humbug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill be off watching and learning from some of the fantasic managers and coaches and players in the county , and im sorry if you think you cant or dont need to learn any thing from any one else , just watch the warm up at truro thats woth 5 quids of any ones money just to start !!!!!simply because their the most proffessional team in the county , IM PROUD TO BE CORNISH but understand there is a whole football world over the border , im not ever saying dont suppoer your local team but respect others ok we are all football supporters at the end of the day

If you care to look on various other topics within this forum you will see that I openly admit that Arsenal play what I consider to be the best/most pleasing on the eye football in Europe, if not the world. I openly say that Man Utd are probably too strong for everybody this season and I absolutely marvel at the things that Ronaldo does week in week out for Man Utd.

I accept that football is a global phenomenon, the popularity of which even surpasses religion BUT if you think that I'm going to cheer on or support anybody other than those teams that I've grown up supporting or representing you are seriously wide of the mark my friend. A TRUE SUPPORTER will follow or support his/her team through thick and thin and will probably love football more than life its-self BUT to suggest that I am small minded because I simply refuse to follow any OTHER team is ridiculous.

As for saying "well done" to Truro for doing well etc, not going to happen. In my previous post I CLEARLY wish them and anybody associated with them the very best of luck in what they are trying to do BUT thats where it stops my friend.

Theres nothing wrong with what you say Metts, but a lot of the time, we get it rammed down our throat, about "do Cornwall proud" and all that lot!!

so they lost Saturday, can we all now say that Truro let Cornwall down? cos some of people proclaimed they were representing Cornwall!!! see, works both ways!

and i can only apologize for missing out gary at porthleven and if st agnus do not give martin kimmins and his wife the freedom of the village for his loyalty and endevor for the football club then they need shooting ( thats not hanging lol ok) its just we need to get out our goldfish bowls and learn from other guys to help our clubs and stop resenting success ! and im sorry but i cant help thinking about the stament made on here that a person went to wembly with free tickets and never supported them WHATS THAT ABOUT never even cheered them winning ? they should have watched smugger jake and power playing a back 3 and still being tight enough to play the offside , at the higest level in the competion the wembly final ! we can all learn to help out clubs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! metts

and on a sunday id prob go and watch pete butterlys newquay ladies who are another flag ship of cornish football some of the teams they play do better warm ups than most combo and east cornwall clubs ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its 'apologise' and its St Agnes!!

Martyn and Mandy do have the freedom of the village, they can walk their goats through the village at any time of the day, providing its carnival day or Vicci Fayre day.

So with what you're saying about Martyn and Mandy are we going along the same lines that Mr Heaney should be given the freedom of the City of Truro? after all, without him none of this would have been possible

well i have to agree with you and i know truro do push the cornwall bit ! and yes they have to learn to get people on board they have to use the we are corwall a lot less , they are a part of cornwall and respect is earned never demanded and once they learn this it will be better for all of us -------------------------metts

Guest Terrier Tom

Well said Metts - from a far-away neutral.

I am pretty sure when the Cornish Pirates got to Twickenham it was good for Cornish rugby. I think you are naive, metts, to suggest that narrow minded (by nature) football fans would be able to apathise with the suggestion Truro have bettered the name and reputation of Cornish football. Which, of course, they have.

It is perhaps a sad indictment of the mindset of your average football fan. I, like you, greatly enjoy watching players, staff, coaches (etc) of high quality, whether they belong to my team or not. Moreover, however these people got there (be it money or not) you have to admire football in its truest sense.

For that metts, I applaud you :clapper:

:c::c::c:

Good luck to all Cornish sides... (even though I don't support you! Lynch me!!!)

why did truro change their kit from red/black to the cornish team colours? And have the cornish flag put on their badge? It is a publicity stunt that they want to be the only club in Cornwall.

john i was at truro when the kit designes were forwarded it was simply because if there playing out of cornwall playing in white gold and black would be promoting cornwall but also the cornwall county shape was simply kevins cornish homes advert and hes entitled to do that as a sponsor hope thats clears it up metts

Well said Metts - from a far-away neutral.

I am pretty sure when the Cornish Pirates got to Twickenham it was good for Cornish rugby.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO :angry2: ... When CORNWALL got/go to Twickenham it was/is good for Cornish rugby. When the Pirates got to Twickenham it was good for THE PIRATES and nobody else.

Last thursday there was a piece of news of SkySports News about Mounts Bay Rugby Club and their possible promotion to National division one (I think it's that division anyway?). There was no mention of how it would benefit Cornish rugby, infact all they mainly spoke about was MOUNTS BAY RUGBY CLUB and St Michaels Mount and there was a little mention to the amount of money it would bring into the CLUB.

When Arsenal won the Premiership was it good for London??. NO

When Man Utd won the Champions League was it good for Manchester?? NO

Any victory for any person,team or club is good for those that are victorious and ONLY those that are victorious. NOBODY else benefits at all and if you cant see that, you're as short sighted as Mr Magoo without his glasses on.

Metts, i am the one that got free tickets (and travel and beer) to wembley, and no i did not cheer truro when they won, like i said i was to busy telling a young lad (no idea who he was) behind me that west ham was staying up and too see his face light up to me was worth more then cheering for a team i don't support. I went there to see the stadium and to watch a game which i did and i enjoyed. I got drunk and met a lot of new people some of whom use this site. Does that mean i'm narrow minded because i didn't care who won on the day??

When i was talking about the badge, i meant the official club badge. Not the Sponsors badge with Kevins Cornish Homes. Ok so it changed to Cornwalls identity but what about Truro City Identity- Red and Black!

The whole identity of Truro City has changed for me.

When i was talking about the badge, i meant the official club badge. Not the Sponsors badge with Kevins Cornish Homes. Ok so it changed to Cornwalls identity but what about Truro City Identity- Red and Black!

The whole identity of Truro City has changed for me.

The question is John, "has the whole identity of Truro only changed to you OR do other followers have the same narrowminded opinion"?. :SM_carton_y:

Guest Terrier Tom

However, after many years in the doldrums Cornish club rugby has recently gone from strength to strength. These are exciting times for Cornish rugby supporters. The emergence of professional sides like the Cornish Pirates has raised the bar and shown other clubs what can be achieved. Reflecting these changes, TASC aims to support not only the senior county side, and the Under-20 and Colts sides, but also Cornish club sides at all levels. (Indeed, one of the Army's most useful functions is to supply exiles with a list of when Cornish clubs are playing across the border in England.)

From the Trelawney Army website. Cornish' Rugby Supporters Club.

I don't suppose there is any danger of this attitude presiding in Cornish football! Again, football supporting mentallity - :blink:

Guest Terrier Tom

Ahh - another Liverpool fan hiding behind their rich history!! :yahoo: I bet you remeber the first four well!

Still got some 8 years to go to beat Man Utd's 26 year absence from proving themselves as the best side in England. As all Liverpool fans say, next year is the year!!

:clapper:

I admire your optimism darren however I think you might have a long wait even with the likes of torres and gerrard you are still way of the pace maybe a new manager might get you closer but cant see liverpool winning the league anytime soon.

I don't know your opinions on Rafa Benitez St Darren mate BUT I feel that if you want to win the premiership it will have to be without him at the helm. If you're happy winning the Champions League, making the finals etc then he's your man but he's way short of winning the Premiership again and I feel that it is ultimately the Premier League that Mr Hicks & Mr Gillet aspire to bring to the fans.

I have a feeling that Mr Benitez will be on his way at the end of the season if nothing is won. Lets face it, you're going to have to fight to the bitter end just to qualify for the Champions League with the way things are going at the moment.

I also have a feeling that a certain Mr Mourinho could well be on his way to Anfield next season?.

Oh and as for Truro, I agree with St Darren and will NEVER support or cheer them on.

Coopsie if you don't give a shit about Truro.......... why come on here slagging them off. Just go to another thread and give your point of view.

We are all football supportors or suppose to be and if Truro are playing good football or any other club in the county....... wether senior or not give them credit for that.

THOSE WHO DON'T GIVE A SHI T ABOUT TRURO DON'T READ THE THREADS OR LEAVE COMMENTS.

Metts hope your alright m8 and looking after yourself. BLUE MOON.

Oh enough of all this please............

it has got very boring and has been gone over time and time again on this forum -

Truro City v Rest of World, I would have said Cornwall but most of the City-Knockers are NOT Cornish..!!

Lets just let this tired debate drop and return to talking about day to day Cornish Football items.

BigG, We may not be Cornish but we do live in Cornwall. And its not people knocking Truro, they just support their own teams, if everyone supported the same team how c**p would that be. People are allowed to support who they like and are allowed to have their own opinions if you don't like their comments don't read them. :smiley20:

Anita,

I agree with you..!!

Lets draw a line under this whole, silly debate and get on with supporting our own teams - my teams happen to be Truro and [God forbid me for saying this to you] - Chelsea.

I am not trying to get anyone else to support Truro - if they continue to rise up through the leagues then the increase in support will happen on its own. But enough has already been said about this - lets just get on with one another and post our views on our own teams.

Crikey this thread is dragging on now,getting a little tedious,i know it has been said `dont read it if you dont want to`i always do,hoping that someone posts a constructive comment but alas no,its a have ago at the current top (mens) team in Cornwall.

I always look for Truros results and wish them well,but i also look at all the other results be it St Ives, Penzance,Newquay,St Agnes,Helston,P/porth plus all the other teams i Referee but dont seem to see them getting a slagging of on this forum,so give us all a break folks and let the good people at Truro get on with what they are doing and that is putting Cornish football on the map. ;0) :c:

Coopsie if you don't give a shit about Truro.......... why come on here slagging them off. Just go to another thread and give your point of view.

We are all football supportors or suppose to be and if Truro are playing good football or any other club in the county....... wether senior or not give them credit for that.

THOSE WHO DON'T GIVE A SHI T ABOUT TRURO DON'T READ THE THREADS OR LEAVE COMMENTS.

Metts hope your alright m8 and looking after yourself. BLUE MOON.

You want to calm down fella and take your Truro coloured blinkers off. I HAVE NOT come on here and slagged Truro off. I have agreed with some opinions and disagree with others on a topic urging people to support or cheer Truro on. Unless I'm mistaken,this is a PUBLIC forum and therefore it is the PUBLIC that get to have the right to have their say.

I have not derided Truro's achievements and I will once again remind you that I've wished the club and everybody associated with them all the best of luck in their quest for the upper etchelances of football.

Big G, what the hell does being "NOT Cornish" have to do with anything?. There are a fair few PURE Cornish that have had their say on the fact that people just don't give a damn about Truro City, where is your gripe with them?.

Perhaps if you and johnnie bates wish to see nothing but "PRO Truro" statements you should stick to the Truro City forum because it's become abundantly clear that neither the club or their followers can accept the fact that there are people out there that just don't care about them. However, because we don't give a damn, doesn't mean that we are not entitled to give our opinion or have our say about a topic on this site.

You go on any other forum and you'll see the same thing. I'm regularly on a Tottenham forum and there are more Gooners that have their say than there are Spurs supporters. This is the way of the land people, it is called "competition and rivalry". You go to a Man Utd game and you'll hear their fans singing about Liverpool, Chelsea fans sing about Fulham, Spurs about Arsenal etc etc. People are inttersted in more than just "their club", they just don't care about the others, that's all.

So stop being so defensive and paranoid and look forward to the apparant successful times ahead for your club.

Guest Helston Patriot

Metts, I'd support the Germans, the Argies, The French, the americans, everyday of the week over Man Utd. That night in 99 still ranks alongside one of my worst nights in my life, I was distraught!!!

Bit extreme dont you think? Thats just a ignorant comment but it is your opinion, and i sir think even less of you for it.

As an Arsenal fan i did cheer when Utd won the Champions League and when Liverpool did as they are English Clubs playing in a Euro FINAL. I would never cheer them on in any other Domestic Comp. Couldn't really give 2 hoots about Truro winning or losing but was pleased when they won the vase as winning a national cup is something to be proud of.

So were people cheering on Athletico Madrid last night against Bolton? Think not... Bunch of bloody racists

Think this thread has gone way off the mark now to be honest