Cornwall Football Forum

SO WHEN MAN U SCORED THOSE 2 LATE GOALS TO WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES AGAINST THE GEEEERMANS YOUR TELLING ME YOU DIDNT HAVE A LITTLE CHEER? ANY BRITISH TEAM IN EUROPE DESERVES OUR SUPPORT,AND TRURO WERE REPRESENTING CORNWALL TODAY,COME ON FOLKS GET REAL. :c:

Shanethebuck

Don't you ever have anything good to say about anyone. If you aren't moaning about Roche FC opponents you're moaning about the rest of us.

We are all allowed to have opinions, even you.

Frodo, you say we should all support our "County Team". How many of you do go along to county matches. Over 1000 on this forum and less than 200 watching Cornwall. Why don't you watch them.

Truro are not our county team.

Best of luck to Truro but they are living in a dream world if they think TRUE fans of other Cornish clubs are going to care one way or the other if they win or lose. Thats the issue, your average TRUE fan of another cornish team just wouldnt care if Truro won the Champions League. They are nothing to do with us. It's like asking Man. City fans to support Man U because they are from the same city.

Truro need to stop playing this "Doing it for Cornwall" card because it is making them extremely unpopular and it is also proof that they dont understand what it is to be a true long standing fan of a football team. (Probably because they only had about 50 odd before Mr Heaney turned up.) Another few losses and you can start waving goodbye to the "Fair weather" boys who are currently flocking in.

:angry2: Absolute crap,everyone should be behind Truro,this is our best chance of putting Cornwall on the map,i cant believe anyone not supporting our best chance of recognition, i play Junior football but would love to see a Cornish side do well, you just piss me off.

Yes i hear Truro lost,so you are all happy,thanks a a lot,good support from all the local sides,drink your horlicks tonight

Truro City are not putting Cornish football on the map, they're merely putting Truro City on the map. If anything, it is drawing people away from other Cornish football to see them.

To me it's a shame they didn't lose in the last round of the Vase (because I'm a Bideford supporter, not because I'm anti-Truro).

I concur with all the other respondents on this thread - I don't have a problem with Truro City, let them get on with what's best for their club. But to claim they're doing it for Cornwall - no way.

--

Richard

:c: Like a say YOU AINT CORNISH,regardless of what people say,no rephrase that am i missing something

Excuse me, is that me that "AINT CORNISH"?

Yes, I am Cornish, born and bred, educated in Cornwall and lived their permanently for over a quarter of a century.

And yes, I do love Cornish football - came down from Bideford where I now live to watch a game at Polperro in the E Cornwall League this afternoon.

Get your facts right before shooting your mouth off.

--

Richard

I dont really understand this anti-truro sentiment echoed on this forum and i like to see truro do well in the higher divisions and cups but i dont lose sleep about it. Im a cornishman (or a handsome dan as some might say) and im much more concerned about my own local club but if truro are doing well, good on them.

Also, there are a lot of non-cornish people in cornwall (and at every cornish football club) some of which have lived here for years and made it there permenent home and im sure saying that they dont understand because THEY AINT CORNISH may be found a little insulting by some. If they dont like truro, im sure they have there reasons?

However, i mite add there a lot more PROPER Cornish then people think. Im one and i know loads so there!!! :thumbsup: :c:

I feel soory for Shanethebuck and frodo and will back them up. For a long time i have been a member of the cornish soccer forum, without leaving a post, and find it very interesting to read different points of view from everyone. There seems to be a clear divide, the same people slagging truro off week in and out. Others picking faults in others grammer or spelling and the rest arguing about whether they are cornish or not??

I play every week for the same club i have for the last 15 years, yet i still spend my time looking on this site to see how truro have faired and hope they have done well.I also find it interesting to see how the clubs around my own are getting on along with banter. It seems that progression in cornwall is always met with opposition along with the coverage on radio cornwall. Let it be noted that I am with you on the radio coverage issue, it is poor?

If Truro were not doing as well as they were then there would not be much to talk about on this web site. Why can we not support the club that has the resources to progress? We all love our local clubs aswell as our football league clubs, as anita has stated, so why not support a future league club?

I'm not 'anti Truro' I don't hate everything about them, i just don't support them. Nothing to do with not being Cornish, I just ain't gonna cheer on a team i don't support then cry when they lose. :D

shanethebuck, its good that you support Truro and cheer them on as you used to play for them, but you can't make others cheer them on then get nasty because they don't.

I'm not 'anti Truro' I don't hate everything about them, i just don't support them. Nothing to do with not being Cornish, I just ain't gonna cheer on a team i don't support then cry when they lose. :D

shanethebuck, its good that you support Truro and cheer them on as you used to play for them, but you can't make others cheer them on then get nasty because they don't.

Best post of the year. Agree with this 100%

--

Richard

Shanethebuck and Frodo. Your narrowmindedness and ability to dismiss everybody elses opinion with with offensive slurs is nothing more than a blatant demonstration as to why so many people couldn't give a damn about Truro City.

I am one of the NONE CORNISH people that you chose to deride in an earlier posting on this topic and I DO take offense to the fact that you disregard my ability to understand something or somebody as simple as you.

Accept the fact that the majority of people couldn't care whether Truro win or lose because they simply are not important to us. I follow Tottenham because that's where I was raised, I don't care about any other local team other than the one that I represent. Why the hell would I?. Oh because you said I have to..

Get a grip on reality and stick to being one of the growing flock of sheep that claim to be Truro supporters and tell me where all these so called "suporters" were 5 years ago?.

i do think Truro are their own enemies in making themselves unpopular. I am Cornish, support my local team through thick and thin and will always do so. I dont care if Truro get in the football league and get thousands of people every game. I will still support Falmouth because that is what a true supporter does. He/she sticks with their team. It makes me laugh when you get supporters changing teams. they are called glory supporters and do not understand the meaning of loyalty. Best of luck to Truro, but you aint Cornwall. You are Truro and everything you do is in the interest of Truro City! The reason i do not care about Truro also, is that they are an example of how money is dominating football.

Guest Sport Lover

You cant expect supporters of other clubs to support Truro even if for the good of Cornwall.

Thats like asking Exeter or Torquay supporters to support Argyle into the premiership for the good of Devon. It just doesnt work.

I dont think there is much total anti Truro sentiment just most supporters dont care. they just worry about their own club

You cant expect supporters of other clubs to support Truro even if for the good of Cornwall.

Thats like asking Exeter or Torquay supporters to support Argyle into the premiership for the good of Devon. It just doesnt work.

I dont think there is much total anti Truro sentiment just most supporters dont care. they just worry about their own club

i dont support truro,but i must say most post i have seen about truro are anti truro,if what you just said

'most supporters dont care'

then why do people continue to slate them??

:c:

Love Truro or loath them, they gave local player Ian Gosling the chance to play at the new wembley, no other club could do that! Mark Vercasi could still be playing in the swpl or the old swl winning 6 or 7 titles on the trot, Truro gave him the chance to progress and he took it. Few years time everyone will want their own children playing at the highest level. If Truro continue to progress that is where they will be heading or are you all going to make them play below their ability? I don,t think so!

Truro had over 13,000 turn up at Wembley last year and it was a great day out, although we all support or are invloved in other teams throughout the county we still wanted and cheered when they won.

We watch the senior cup final and junior cup finals everyyear and even if our team doesnt make it we go along and pick a team we want to win.

If any of you don't like what Truro is doing then you don't need to comment on it because it doesnt effect you. The fact of the matter is we would all like to have a Kevin Heaney come into our club and make it the best it can be.

The people who hate Truro are jealous of the funds available not because of the players because they play some good football and at the end of the day thats what we all want to see.

Most of Truro players are big fish in a small pond! Its only money that makes players play in a league lower than their normal standard! I just wanna stop Truro people saying we should support our county by backing up Truro. I support my county by staying with Falmouth and not letting the true history of cornish football be over shadowed or replaced by a club that changes their kit to the cornish colours!!

Truro had over 13,000 turn up at Wembley last year and it was a great day out, although we all support or are invloved in other teams throughout the county we still wanted and cheered when they won.

We watch the senior cup final and junior cup finals everyyear and even if our team doesnt make it we go along and pick a team we want to win.

If any of you don't like what Truro is doing then you don't need to comment on it because it doesnt effect you. The fact of the matter is we would all like to have a Kevin Heaney come into our club and make it the best it can be.

The people who hate Truro are jealous of the funds available not because of the players because they play some good football and at the end of the day thats what we all want to see.

I went to wembley (free tickets and travel) I didn't go to watch Truro i went to see the new stadium, and nope i didn't cheer when they won was too busy telling some young lad behind me that West ham was staying up (he cheered louder then anyone else that day i think).

And i'm in no way jealous of Truro's 'funds'. I'd rather see men playing football for the love of it and not 'charging' the club to play for them. I know it might not be a high standard of football but at least the players are having fun and doing something that they love for thier club, no matter how small that club is.

If you don't want people who don't support Truro commenting on them then don't start a thread saying 'Cheer on Truro'.

:smiley20:

I think this anti-Truro thing that exists on these forums is all stemmed from jealousy. Everyone who don't support man united hated them because of their success. Chelsea are widely hated, because of success. I am a big tottenham fan. Lived in cornwall all my life, but go to white hart lane every month. I like to see truro do well but you aint gonna catch me down there watching games. Just because someone is from cornwall it don't mean they should support truro. At the end of the day when truro were not the 'big' club they are now perceived to be, how many of you so called 'loyal, support your local club' fans were down treyew road in the rainstorms watching the midweek games against more local sides?? :thumbsup: As i said, I like to see truro do well because its about bloody time we have a cornish side that can achieve things nationally. But to have it rammed down our throat every week in my 'camborne, redruth and hayle' west briton is crazy!!!!!! :SM_carton:

COYS

FOYG

Just a quick point........had last years final not been played at the new wembley stadium but at Bristol City's Ashton gate for example.....would there have been 13000 truro 'supporters there?????? NO CHANCE!!! the majority of those went just for the visit to Wembley!!! :SM_carton:

Guest Helston Patriot

I know alot of people who went to the vase final MAINLY to see the new stadium which our tax over paid for. Truro going was just an excuse as buses were put on..

And for the record i dislike Truro after playing against them and seeing/hearing first hand the jumped up, arrogant, egotistical comments coming from players on the pitch and in the dug out who have got very disillusioned with the standard of football they play and more importantly where they came from.

I agree Hutchspur i am not a truro fan neither i just annoyed when people call them money bags. We would all like to see our own clubs have a bottomless pit with regards to money, because the better class of player who would mean a better class of football. Football is the winner here, being able to see players of the standard that Truro have.

Someone left a tread about it being rammed down your throat in all the local papers. Dont' buy the paper!!

You are probable a happy supportor at the moment Hutchspur with Spurs playing so well and getting to Wembly. Tottenham have always been associated with good football so its nice to see they are getting there. Got 4 or 5 players spurs fans in my team. Good luck for the final.

Anita most senior teams in cornwall pay players to pay so unfortunately they dont all play for the love of it.

Perranporth don't pay players Anita?????????

I didn't say senior clubs, i didn't mention any clubs, just said i think is nice when men play for the love of the game. Today i did two matches and am over £10 out of pocket (traveling ect) because i do things for the love of the game. As for Perranporth i don't know. But i know i'm still not jealous of Truro's 'funds'. :D

Getting back to what this thread was all about.I dont think shanethebuck was asking everyone to be Truro supporters,he was just saying we could wish them the best of luck in such a high profile match.

As some on this forum will know I am a Truro supporter,but that does not stop me wishing other local teams the very best in competitions.If the likes of Falmouth,St Blazey,or Bodmin, or any other team in fact from the county were playing in a national competition I would be rooting for them and be delighted if they progressed.

When I buy my Sunday sports paper I just dont go to the Truro report,I also check on the likes of Plymouth,Exeter,Torquay,in fact all the westcountry teams to see how they faired.Im not a Plymouth fan but I was really glad to see they got a good result yesterday.So what I am saying is what is the harm in wishing any local side the best of luck.

With all the anti Truro comments on this forum I am glad to see it is only the minority and not county wide,as they still managed to get nearly 1,600 football followers at Treyew Rd yesterday.

KIT.

As some on this forum will know I am a Truro supporter,but that does not stop me wishing other local teams the very best in competitions.If the likes of Falmouth,St Blazey,or Bodmin, or any other team in fact from the county were playing in a national competition I would be rooting for them and be delighted if they progressed.

When I buy my Sunday sports paper I just dont go to the Truro report,I also check on the likes of Plymouth,Exeter,Torquay,in fact all the westcountry teams to see how they faired.Im not a Plymouth fan but I was really glad to see they got a good result yesterday.So what I am saying is what is the harm in wishing any local side the best of luck.

With all the anti Truro comments on this forum I am glad to see it is only the minority and not county wide,as they still managed to get nearly 1,600 football followers at Treyew Rd yesterday.

KIT.

That's my sentiment Kit, although a lifelong Falmouth Town supporter, I always check for 'west country' results, especially when you live up in the North like I do.

Better luck for Truro next year in the Vase (providing they don't draw Falmouth!) :yahoo:

Guest cornish pasty

might have a hard time next season drawing falmouth in the vase.

if they get promoted they will be in the FA Trophy not the vase.

I expect the Senior Cup to be Falmouth v Truro final