Cornwall Football Forum

London Marathon 2008

Dear all,

I am running the London Marathon in April this year. Its the 3rd year I've applied to get in, and once again didn't get in on the ballot places, but I have got a golden bond entry with PAGETS DISEASE.

This is a disease that a lot of you may never have heard of, but it is a Disease that affects Bone Growth, causing defects in the structure of the bone. This can lead to Arthritus, Deafness, Pain and Fractures.

In order for me to take on this place, I have to raise £650.00, I'm half way there already, but anymore would be greatly appreciated.

You can sponsor me here: www.justgiving.com/darrenmurrish

Wellsy is also doing it, so feel free to sponsor him aswell.

Before you all start: 3 things

No Truro City shirts

No Man Utd shirts

Yes I will finish it!

No Perranporth shirts

Thanks very much in advance of your support

Regards

Darren

ps. If I get 10 Truro City Fans to sponsor me, I think I might add an extra tenner onto myself as well!

Darren - if we could get hold of a Truro shirt we could auction it! They must be worth a fortune and loads of people would want one!

If you get 10 Truro supporters to sponsor you a sensible amount Martyn and I will add £10 to it as well - thats on top of helping you to raise something! Good luck and well done on your effort - I think you need to extend the training runs though - you have Jain and my record time to beat! x

You can laugh at our time when you have finished - not before - we raised over £2300 for Guide Dogs too so I think it was appropriate we walked! We shaved 43 minutes off our estimated time - not many people could do that!

You look very dashing in your bright yellow reflective running top - think we should post a photo of that on here and maybe a picture from this years calendar - thats sure to get the donations flooding in! x

I'll quadrouple my donation if you wear a Truro shirt!

St Darren I'll bung in 20 quid if you wear a Perranporth shirt - I'll even supply the shirt :thumbsup:

If you need training tips you should get in touch with Davey Green AKA Referee as he's got a couple of marathons under his belt already :D

WELL, WELL.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGH IT ?

SOME FOOL FROM CORNWAL WHO THINKS HE CAN RUN A MARATHON.

WHAT NONSENSE !!

EMAIL OR INSTANT MESSAGE ME YOUR DETAILS.

THERE WILL BE A SIGNED COPY OF THE BOOK FOR YOU ON ITS WAY.

IT'S NOT REALLY A TRAINING MANUAL OR ONE OF THOSE INSPIRATONAL THINGS.

IT'S A SIMPLY WRITTEN COMEDY.

ENJOY IT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT.

BEST OF LUCK

DAVEY

IF YOU NEED A SILLY COSTUME, LET ME KNOW.

I'VE STILL GOT BATMAN, SPIDERMAN, SUPERMAN, MR HAPPY, DENNIS THE MENACE...........

HOW'S ABOUT YOU BORROW MY REFEREE KIT?

AGGIEMAID AND PERRENPORTH WILL GIVE YOU A QUID JUST FOR THINKING ABOUT IT !!

:SM_carton::SM_carton_y::drink::c:

Guest postman pat

st darren just one tip find a good group of training buddies the training miles will fly by if you have company.having run london twice forget about times and enjoy the atmosphere it will be fantastic rain or shine.the crowd will drag you along the embankment when you are knackered :c: good luck i will pm you with a donation :yahoo::thumbsup: :drink:

How on earth am I taking stick over this??? ha ha

the fairy costume was for charity as well, can't beleive Kenny Keemer sent me off as well, one bonus for that, was that I could finish my can of lager that I started previously!!!

Thanks all again, its really enjoyable, but a bit of a set back at the moment with a tight calf muscle, so I'm doing the stretching and taking it easy. But hopefully by middle of next week, I'll be back out pounding the roads. I might run to Perranporth as well, cos sure as damn it, the pace will pick up on the way out of that place!!!! :P :P

I think Darren looks lovely as a Fairy with his friends Dabby and Gillsy - I know it was for charity Darren but so is the marathon!

I think the white tights were lovely and you had all tried so hard with fairy wings and wands!

I am sure your calf will sort out - have you got some decent running shoes? Hannah the physio is at the club with us tomorrow so if you want her to give it a rub then pop up! x

I got professionally fitted with Running Shoes down at Helston, so I've got a proper pair that are ideal for me.

I've got a mate who has been giving me sports therapy on my legs, going back to see him on Monday. If he's good enough for Nick Faldo he's good enough for me.

But thanks Mandy, if things get tight again then I will certainly be giving her a ring.

I will be running the marathon in shorts and t shirt!

I might run to Perranporth as well, cos sure as damn it, the pace will pick up on the way out of that place!!!!

Yeah that's right Tinkerbell - you keep on running or we'll set Anita on you! ;)

Run a few marathons over the last 25 years and actually achieved my best time in the London aged 38 in 2003! Finally getting that sub 4 hour time.

Tip.....enjoy it but stay focused on the day and try to remember where your liquid stops are.... especially the Lucozade ones - easily missed on the day. Replicate your intended fluid intake during your longer distance training runs.

Best of luck.

That would be me then cos I love it!! :yahoo: They haven't found anyone who likes Aggie yet! No seriously I didn't mean it at you it just struck me as weird cos you never hear about it happening, but then I guess it's not the sort of thing they want to publicise is it?

Lets face it Coopsie, Boris and running don't really go together do they?

he'd get overtaken by the bloke in the divers suit!

I've heard of a few deaths in the marathon, or after it anyway, depends what the weather is like on the day really. But I aint going to worry about things like that, I've seen to many super fit people get ill for no reason, when my time is up, then its up!!

But I'd love to see Liverpool win the Prem league before that time comes!!!

Lets face it Coopsie, Boris and running don't really go together do they?

he'd get overtaken by the bloke in the divers suit!

Darren :clapper: . Had to phone him and tell him about that one I'm afraid mate, he didn't seem to find it too funny for some reason?. However, you say that Boris and running don't really go together but you should see him go when I tell him there's a :drink: on the bar for him.