Cornwall Football Forum

FA VASE Truro Ciy 3 Bideford 2

Guest tom@white tigers

Oh it really was a great game. The fans really got behind the team for the first time in ages we were really singing our hearts out. A few fiery challenges here and there and the odd card but some fantastic goals to entertain the big crowd. The pitch lasted the 90 minutes but the goalmouth was a bit worse for wear, needed a beachball rather than a football. 3 well taken goals after some brillient assists to go with it. Each player played there part today and it showed. Super to have all the fans back in full voice i wish it was like that every week. A real treat to watch and will not be forgotten any time soon. Well on our way back to Wembely.

Truro should have won much more comfortably considering the clear cut chances made. Bideford showed plenty off fight, too much at times, but City were the better side and it will take a very good side to stop them. I see there is a match report on This is Cornwall website, follow sport link

Oh it really was a great game. The fans really got behind the team for the first time in ages we were really singing our hearts out. A few fiery challenges here and there and the odd card but some fantastic goals to entertain the big crowd. The pitch lasted the 90 minutes but the goalmouth was a bit worse for wear, needed a beachball rather than a football. 3 well taken goals after some brillient assists to go with it. Each player played there part today and it showed. Super to have all the fans back in full voice i wish it was like that every week. A real treat to watch and will not be forgotten any time soon. Well on our way back to Wembely.

That's funny - I didn't hear the Truro fans start singing until after an hour!

Well done to Truro - the better side definitely won today, but we gave them a hell of a fight, and if keeper Griffiths last minute header from a corner had been on target......

Alternatively, I guess, what if Truro had taken a couple more of the chances they had in the first 20 minutes - it could have been all over before half time.

Oh, and what an excellent player Joe Broad is.

--

Richard

:c: Watched the game today(Roches game off) cant see what the fuss alls about,Truro dont see a bad side but surely need a few new signings,Truros no4 (Tom Smith?) would not look out of sorts in Duchy Premier,Marcus Martin very poor,new boy up front Dean Stamp,very ordinary,goalie Chapman?Laughable,best players i seen today little Sam Matthews and baldie at the back(dunno his name),but all in all a good day out! :c: ,

Saturday saw one of the best performance's of the season as they booked their place in the last 16 of the competition with a hard fought victory against fellow Western League side Bideford.

Both teams were well supported by their fans as the attendance topped 1,000, City stormed from the starting blocks and Dean Stamp saw his goal bound effort cleared off the line after seven minutes. However City did take the lead on 17 minutes after good work from Chris Reski on the left found Yetton's who's cross found record signing Stamp to slot home from three yards.

Bideford started to get into the tie but lacked a killer instinct in front of goal, but with in two minutes of the restart Bideford were awarded a free kick which was converted by Lee Groves from 25 yards with Chapman given no chance. City then began to once again take the game by the throat and with the creative Broad and Reski working tirelessly regained the lead on 59 minutes when Yetton saw his effort blocked by Griffiths but Reski put the ball into the top of the net to send the crowd wild.

With 13 minutes on the clock left Captain Joe Broad scored a screamer from 30 yards, but the game wasn't dead and Bideford new signing Jamie Densham pulled a goal back five minutes from time but City saw out the game to record their victory and await Monday's draw.

Guest tom@white tigers

:c: Watched the game today(Roches game off) cant see what the fuss alls about,Truro dont see a bad side but surely need a few new signings,Truros no4 (Tom Smith?) would not look out of sorts in Duchy Premier,Marcus Martin very poor,new boy up front Dean Stamp,very ordinary,goalie Chapman?Laughable,best players i seen today little Sam Matthews and baldie at the back(dunno his name),but all in all a good day out! :c: ,

Number 4 is former captain Tom Smith who is a very good defender, but his mind seems to be somewhere else recently.

Marcus Martin didn't have much time to make an impact.

Dean Stamp is a quality striker, Exeter City young player of the year but does need time to settle. I thought he played really well.

Jason Chapman had a decent game and has a really good season with many clean sheets.

Sam Matthews has grabbed his first team place with both hands and is playing really well.

"Baldie at the back" is Greame Power who is also top quality.

:thumbsup: Just to reiterate i was born and bred on the Trelander Estate,also played for Truro Minors u-15,u-16,u18,also knew Chris Webb as Fudgey,am a Truro Boy, and also wish Mr.Heaney and the boys the best for the future whatever written in the press,because all ive seen in the past is jealously, but i think its the best thing thats ever happened to Cornwall,may it last

FA Vase 4th Round Results (so far!)

Winners receive £1,500

Whitley Bay (League NL1) 1, Long Buckby (UCLP) 0

Truro City (WESTP) 3, Bideford (WESTP) 2 (Attendance 1,016)

Hungerford Town (HELLP) 1, Boston Town (UCLP) 0 (207)

Concord Rangers (ESL) 4, Shawbury United (WMP) 1 (202)

Kirkham & Wesham (NWC2), Studley (MID) - postponed - now Sat 26 Jan

St Ives Town (UCLP), Bitton (WESTP) - postponed - now Sat 26 Jan

VCD Athletic (KENT), Needham Market (EASTP) - postponed - now Sat 26 Jan

Merstham (COCOP), Pickering Town (NCEP) - postponed - now Sat 26 Jan

Camberley Town (COCOP) 3, Tipton Town (MID) 1 (202)

Coventry Sphinx (MID), Salford City (NWC1) - postponed - now Sat 26 Jan

Dunston Federation (NL1) 8, Shrivenham (HELLP) 0

Stanway Rovers (EASTP), Formby (NWC1) - postponed - now Sat 26 Jan

Greenwich Borough (KENT0 2, Harefield United (SSMP) 1 (106)

Poole Town (WESSP) 1, Consett (NL1 1) 1 (441) replay Sat 26 Jan

Lymington Town (WESSP) 1, Crowborough Athletic (SUSS1) 4 (204)

Lowestoft Town (EASTP) 3, Blackstones (UCLP 3) 2 (524)

i heard a rumour that only 11 players have been offered pro, the rest are basically free to do as they wish. not sure what players they are. watched yesterdays game, great entertainment, was actually cheering both sides as previously played for biddy's 2nds a for a couple of seasons back awhile, and what truro is doing as a cornishman is great,( don't get me wrong, i think they were very underhanded in the way they done it). the game it self was top quality, although broad was captain, smith much more vocal and seemed like the leader. going forward truro are going to have strenghen a bit. admittely no ash yesterday but another defender is needed, and i also think a big striker, lots of pace upfront but no one to feed off, and chapman is not good enought at that level, again the other keeper is coming back from injury and will do the job well.

I was told by a Truro fan that Tom Smith has his own bussiness so would not be going pro as he would not be able to give the time for football and still do the work required for his bussiness don't know how true this is just what I got told .

tom smith works as an appenrentce plumber with my uncle and im very sure he doesnt run a buisness

Upshire

Watch out for Whitley Bay and Dunstan Federation(Brewery)(Northern League 1. Level 5)

another club from the same league Consett earned a replay and are fancied.

I remember them(DFB) beating St. Blazey (our top Cornish team of the day) 5-1 at Blaise Park a few years back in the Vase.

Didn't they come out in short sleeved shirts to intimidate?

I beleive Paul Gascoigne was connected with them

I was told by a Truro fan that Tom Smith has his own bussiness so would not be going pro as he would not be able to give the time for football and still do the work required for his bussiness don't know how true this is just what I got told .

tom smith works as an appenrentce plumber with my uncle and im very sure he doesnt run a buisness

As I said in my post that is what are was told tms no9 you obviously know the facts so I stand corrected just goes to show you should'nt believe everything you hear :P

Upshire

Watch out for Whitley Bay and Dunstan Federation(Brewery)(Northern League 1. Level 5)

another club from the same league Consett earned a replay and are fancied.

I remember them(DFB) beating St. Blazey (our top Cornish team of the day) 5-1 at Blaise Park a few years back in the Vase.

Didn't they come out in short sleeved shirts to intimidate?

I beleive Paul Gascoigne was connected with them

Yes, Gazza is a Dunston boy. When I went there (1993?) there was a small covered standing area called the "Paul Gascoigne stand".

They dropped the "Brewery" bit this year.

--

Richard