Cornwall Football Forum

WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE REFEREE ??

I SHOULD HAVE CALLED THIS " WHO'S YOUR 2ND FAVOURITE".

I WOULD HAVE GOT EVEN MORE VOTES BUT I RAN OUT OF STAMPS.!

SERIOUSLY FOLKS, IF YOU HAVE REASONS TO RESPECT ONE MORE THAN ANOTHER THEN PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW SO WE CAN GET A BETTER PICTURE OF HOW PLAYERS AND MANAGERS WOULD LIKE THE LAWS TO BE INTERPRETED.

IF YOU HAVE SEEN A REALLY TOUGH DECISION MADE THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT THEN LET US ALL KNOW ALL ABOUT IT.

LET'S SEE HOW MANY REPLIES WE GET THIS TIME.......................

Guest johnner

I do not believe players have favourite refs,just good and bad ones.Having stepped down to play junior footy after many years senior,i have been pleasantly suprised at the good standard of the majority of refs.Refs who talk to players,explain decisions when necessary,let the game flow all get my respect.Refs who talk down to players,dont let the game flow and are to willing to show they have not forgotten to bring their cards(mr H) get very little respect. :SM_carton_y:

I will start with a few of our favourite - no particular order - I am bound to be in trouble for leaving someone out - Phil Avis, Ken Keemer, Nigel Jewell, Brian Harris...thats for starters - all have let games flow, discussed decisions and been clear in their reasonings and generally been awarded high marks by the club for their performances. That was a good positive reply - I am sure there are loads more but those are the first that came to mind - the refereeing by these four has been across a selection of 1st team, vets team and ladies team so shows also that they can adjust to the level of the games they are in charge of.

Coopsie you creep!! :SM_carton_y:

What me Ronin??? :P . Sorry Anita sweetheart, I've never been officiated over by a woman/lady (during a match) but I'm sure you're just as good, if not better than all the superb officials that I've been lucky enough to meet in the past.

tms no9, I have to agree with you about Nigel Jewell. Absolute gent both on and off the pitch.

Thanks for the plaudits people but there are a large number of good referees(and referee assistants) out there who are keeping football running in the county.

I played the game for many years and to put something back into the game/keep reasonably fit/help out the referee shortage,took up the whisle.There are many like me who took this route,Mark Philpott,Ian Roberts,Rosie,Martin Ault,Mike Carter,Ed Corcoran,Ken Keemer,Alan Hoon,Kevin Knowles,Peter Grenfell,Gerry Munden,Simon Way and Nigel Nicholls to name a few(some i played against(and received a few kicks)and some that i didn't).There are some younger referees coming through the system and these are sticking to the task.It is not easy for a young 16 or 17 year old referee with little experience to go out to referee men.Just give them some time to adjust and they will be ok.

I think that the main thing for players to remember is that referees are only human and mistakes will be made but not intentionally.Players will also make mistakes.I know when i have made a boob and will hold my hands up to the players and admit it.

We are all there to enjoy the beautiful game,players,referees,management and supporters.

Communication both ways is the way forward.

yeah good bloke

and like i always say when on this subjest that ref we always have down your place

again really nice on and off the pitch dont have a bad word to say about him

Yep, thats big Norman Wood mate. Superb guy off the pitch aswell and as I said before, I've known him for over 20 years and his understanding and knowledge of the game is second to none.

Guest TruroLad

yeh he's 18 now, spoke to him a couple of times about how its going and he seems to be in control of games, there was a shocking incident down at chacewater he told me about, a chacewater player kicking someone in the head while they were on the floor.

didnt he send patty off for catching the ball on the line?

Guest Postie Pidge

Hi Postie yes Bickland was one of my favourite venues, always very welcoming to the officials, as a JSWL referee that was about 11 years ago then a number of times with the combo sides. What is/was your involvement with the club?

Back in the days when you were the man in the middle at Bickland I was an obsessive young fan standing behind the goal Town were shooting at, now I find myself as club secretary (although still in the acting capacity).

Errr Coopsie and women in black :D:drink:

Anita, your giving away to much, For those who read your posts it sounds like you love nothing better than wearing the Red & White shirt of the Arsenal with Black shorts and socks but the question is do you were your high heels with that or your football boots :D:thumbsup:

football boots, thier easier to walk in then high heels :drink::D and there is nothing i love more then putting on the black shirt on a sat afternoon :D

Postie are the officials still getting the cup of tea before the game and at half time too. I remeber those stood behind the home goal, always gave the refs a hard time.

Iamthebest sorry cant come back too bloody cold and wet over there. Example - I have got a game this afternoon weather here at the mo - blue sky, slight wind temp around 18. Can you blame me. B) B)