Cornwall Football Forum

Notes from Combo Committee Meeting - 16-8-18

Nothing much to report from the Combo Committee meeting last night that can be put on-line. 

There is a vacancy on the committee at the moment so if anyone is interested please contact Lester Thomas, League Secretary. Perhaps someone from one of our league clubs might be interested. We meet every two months, usually the third Thursday of that month. 

The League thank Redruth United for keeping them in the loop regards their changing rooms. 

Clubs have hopefully started to seriously think about the new league set up for next season and have started getting their grounds up to passing grading for Step 7 football if they want to try for promotion, as the league does not know if clubs will have a period of grace. 

Please. this season can we have clubs staying within league rules regarding paperwork, doing league business, etc. Some clubs are moaning about the fines but we MUST have a set of rules that we must adhere too as they help the smooth running of the league. If the league let one club off a misdemeanour, then another has to be let off for the same breech of rules and before long it becomes a secretarial free for all.

Yes the league know there have been teething problems with the Full Game System. We are not alone as many other leagues are suffering problems. 

The league is hoping to follow the Kernow Youth League and go paper free a.s.a.p. with emails being sent to club secretaries, who then are responsible for passing messages on. Many times treasurers are contacting the league to complain that their club are being fined for late payment of fines! The league does not contact treasurers; it contacts club secretaries and it is their responsibility to contact their own treasurers for said payments to be sent.

There are only 20 league approved footballs left so if you need a couple or all 20 please contact the League Fixtures Secretary.

Every club was wished good luck for the forthcoming season.

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Clubs have hopefully started to seriously think about the new league set up for next season

Do we know for sure what the new league set up is going to look like Paul? I’ve heard from a couple that there is a suggestion it might be changed slightly.

35 minutes ago, Sijames said:

I have heard of huge fines for failing the groundings AFTER the deadline, both financially and points deductions! Some clubs will have their work cut out with the never ending list I've seen!

From Trelawny to Combo, From Combo to the new mid-league or from SWPL West to SWPL Premier? 

Can you clarify for me please. 

9 minutes ago, John Mead said:

I know of no fines being issued by any Leagues in Devon or Cornwall for failing to meet such deadlines!

Exactly John, nor points deductions. Mr James has come out a couple of times with these types of statements and that's why I asked him for proof. How can you punish a club who has not made a grading by a fixed deadline that is being externally imposed, and from whom, the County, League or the FA. Clubs can't just magic money out of thin air to pay for enforced upgrades.

The only change which will affect the Combo League is the reduction of teams from 20 to 16. There are no FA regulations about ground/facilities below Step 7 but Leagues can impose their own minimum standards - as the Combo does for Clubs wishing to join. It is clearly unfair on those Clubs when they comply to gain entry, only to find some long-standing League members do not have all the facilities. There is no League rule which can force current Clubs to match the requirements for new Clubs - and consequently, there can be no penalties imposed for them not doing so!

Small dugouts are the most common issue; my personal opinion is that it is unreasonable to offer no protection from the elements for all substitutes, managers/coaches/1st aiders and I suggested at the AGM that it would be good if the issue was addressed asap by Clubs which cannot currently seat 8 persons. This is NOT a Combo rule and there are NO penalties for not doing so!

20 minutes ago, John Mead said:

The only change which will affect the Combo League is the reduction of teams from 20 to 16. There are no FA regulations about ground/facilities below Step 7 but Leagues can impose their own minimum standards - as the Combo does for Clubs wishing to join. It is clearly unfair on those Clubs when they comply to gain entry, only to find some long-standing League members do not have all the facilities. There is no League rule which can force current Clubs to match the requirements for new Clubs - and consequently, there can be no penalties imposed for them not doing so!

Small dugouts are the most common issue; my personal opinion is that it is unreasonable to offer no protection from the elements for all substitutes, managers/coaches/1st aiders and I suggested at the AGM that it would be good if the issue was addressed asap by Clubs which cannot currently seat 8 persons. This is NOT a Combo rule and there are NO penalties for not doing so!

Spot on John! It would be good if a proposed rule amendment could be sent out to clubs early so they can prepare.

You look at the money West Cornwall and Holman had to spend on dugouts only for them to be vandalised then some clubs don’t even have them or even barriers. 

21 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Minimum dugout size isn't even regulated at Step 7, let alone below that.

53 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

It is regulated in the ground criteria for combination league though isn't it that there needs to be dug outs for 8 people minimum?

Also states there needs to be a pitch 'barrier', a roll of baler twine on some metal (dangerous!!!) spikes doesn't suffice for me!

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

It is regulated in the ground criteria for combination league though isn't it that there needs to be dug outs for 8 people minimum?

Yes indeed, for new Clubs but those which were members prior to the promotion/relegation agreement with Fal/Helston League & Mining Division and now the Trelawny League, are not covered by that regulation.

53 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Also states there needs to be a pitch 'barrier', a roll of baler twine on some metal (dangerous!!!) spikes doesn't suffice for me!

This bit was included because it was part of the Senior Cup rules at the time to control where spectators could watch from. The posts don't have to be metal spikes though - but if they are, they should be well away from the playing area.

2 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Do you know who SiJames is? It’s one thing that’s been bugging me for a long time because I still don’t know

@Dave Bartlam I've told you before who I am, Simon James, moved down from Sheffield a few years ago, have played and officiated at a very good level, and consequently have a lot of connections in the FA and now local CCFA and local leagues.

why are you so intrigued for me to post this again? Would you like to 'meet up'? ?? 

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

@Dave Bartlam I've told you before who I am, Simon James, moved down from Sheffield a few years ago, have played and officiated at a very good level, and consequently have a lot of connections in the FA and now local CCFA and local leagues.

why are you so intrigued for me to post this again? Would you like to 'meet up'? ?? 

We've heard all that stuff before..... from others who have done this and that .....best of luck to you.

I have a very good connection with the queen, I lick the back of her head every time I post a letter.

3 hours ago, Sijames said:

I would rather not "meet up" if I'm honest Mr James - Offline, if you are anything like you are on here, I think the conversation would be rather dull and short lived. Maybe another time when you learn to have a positive view on local football instead of the pessimistic one you put on show.

With your "connections" to local Leagues - please keep away from ours... I've worked hard to generate a new perception of our League with our clubs, players and wider public - I believe we have by far the best social media footprint and highest level of regard in Cornish Football as a League - I wouldn't want that perception to drop! So, feel free to get your connections but please refrain from associating yourself with us :)

Of course, the above is my PERSONAL opinion.

Just now, Dave Bartlam said:

I would rather not "meet up" if I'm honest Mr James - Offline, if you are anything like you are on here, I think the conversation would be rather dull and short lived. Maybe another time when you learn to have a positive view on local football instead of the pessimistic one you put on show.

With your "connections" to local Leagues - please keep away from ours... I've worked hard to generate a new perception of our League with our clubs, players and wider public - I believe we have by far the best social media footprint and highest level of regard in Cornish Football as a League - I wouldn't want that perception to drop!

You've worked hard, and you believe...keep on dreaming sunshine ?

25 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

With your "connections" to local Leagues - please keep away from ours... I've worked hard to generate a new perception of our League with our clubs, players and wider public - I believe we have by far the best social media footprint and highest level of regard in Cornish Football as a League - I wouldn't want that perception to drop! So, feel free to get your connections but please refrain from associating yourself with us :)

Of course, the above is my PERSONAL opinion.

I'd lastly like to add that when you write 'this is my personal opinion' after anything controversal, which is often, it doesn't matter! Your name is there, your picture is the trelawny league, you state numerous times how you're the registration secretary amongst many many other time consuming jobs you do, be very careful what you write young man that final few words you seem to write a lot actually doesn't mean a thing when it's clear who you represent (and always does in the public eye!).

Mr James, when I don't put "the above is my personal opinion", I speak on behalf of the League in which I represent.

When I put "the above is my personal opinion", that's because it is exactly what it is and not an opinion of an organisation that I represent. Although, for those I am associated with, I would probably not be far wrong in thinking that they have the same opinion of you that I do, along with hundreds of other Forum Contributors - however, that is not my place to say.

There's no need for you to reply, I'll just assume  that you'd try and say something clever and condescending :

19 minutes ago, Sijames said:

I'd lastly like to add that when you write 'this is my personal opinion' after anything controversal, which is often, it doesn't matter! Your name is there, your picture is the trelawny league, you state numerous times how you're the registration secretary amongst many many other time consuming jobs you do, be very careful what you write young man that final few words you seem to write a lot actually doesn't mean a thing when it's clear who you represent (and always does in the public eye!).

I am sure sometimes you are on a wind up Si ,  but if you have played and been involved at a higher level , you should realise how out on a limb cornwall and football is , even though there are more football teams than rugby and cricket it is hard to generate interest and or support in basically a poor county ,  there are many people,involved at all levels in local football  for no gain , but just for putting something back into it .  If you have so called connection  please feel free to use them so perhaps the FA may invest some money into grass roots football here in Cornwall,  money which could help build more 3g pitches help with upgrades to changing facilities ,  pitches ECT  if you are ever about make yourself known  I am still involved with Hayle combo at present still doing the line . As for BD I must say he has put a lot of work into grass roots football and I respect that as I do anyone involved with the beautiful  game down in here in Cornwall.

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I am sure sometimes you are on a wind up Si ,  but if you have played and been involved at a higher level , you should realise how out on a limb cornwall and football is , even though there are more football teams than rugby and cricket it is hard to generate interest and or support in basically a poor county ,  there are many people,involved at all levels in local football  for no gain , but just for putting something back into it .  If you have so called connection  please feel free to use them so perhaps the FA may invest some money into grass roots football here in Cornwall,  money which could help build more 3g pitches help with upgrades to changing facilities ,  pitches ECT  if you are ever about make yourself known  I am still involved with Hayle combo at present still doing the line . As for BD I must say he has put a lot of work into grass roots football and I respect that as I do anyone involved with the beautiful  game down in here in Cornwall.

Oh sorry forgot to say this is my personal opinion and Nothing to due with Hayle AFC , my family my employer or my cat ?????

On 19/08/2018 at 19:39, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

We've heard all that stuff before..... from others who have done this and that .....best of luck to you.

I have a very good connection with the queen, I lick the back of her head every time I post a letter.

You are using very old stamps, then, older!

11 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Metaphorical or otherwise, Older, your stamp line gave be the biggest laugh I gave had from thus forum in a long time ? What's going on ? Has Carharrack now been moved to Penryn ? How do you feel about thisecwebbed feetvtgey had tovevokve at Beauchamp stankibg over that sacred Rynners' pitch ???

Haha isaac, how are ee??    Way of the football world now bud, stank anywhere's they waana.

Doing proper, Older. But some frustrated with.the way that aptly initialled pairs of C s who control the F.A. let the English dictate structures that just send clubs to the wall. You can gave a lovely pitch but if you put the wrong kind of French Tickler in the referee's goldplated hot tub jets you get relegated to Step 42. I hear all thus stuff about leagues for men and women in Cornwall. But what is John Roberts doing for those who are ambiguous, transitioning, androgynous or confused ? 

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Doing proper, Older. But some frustrated with.the way that aptly initialled pairs of C s who control the F.A. let the English dictate structures that just send clubs to the wall. You can gave a lovely pitch but if you put the wrong kind of French Tickler in the referee's goldplated hot tub jets you get relegated to Step 42. I hear all thus stuff about leagues for men and women in Cornwall. But what is John Roberts doing for those who are ambiguous, transitioning, androgynous or confused ? 

I would just shoot that lot and make the world a safer place.

Speaking as a very politically correct anarchist, I wouldn't want to harm anybody. Appreciate the spirit of your advice, Keith. Me, I just ask legitimate questions. You are right about hatred. Most of it issues from the likes of Trump, Johnson, Farage, Putin and Erdowan, but a few old boys on a football forum like us are an easier target than the sinister bastards running the world.