Cornwall Football Forum

Spuds staying at Wembley

stevieb

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Over run on the new stadium ,  rumours that something may be wrong with the actual building itself ,  no wonder they didn't sign anyone they may have to cough  up more cash towards the project 

Dont worry,two extra games at Wembley.Liverpool and Cardiff.

Plus the NFL has been moved to Wembley as well.

First game in our new Stadium,will be against league champion's Man City.

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Dont worry,two extra games at Wembley.Liverpool and Cardiff.

Plus the NFL has been moved to Wembley as well.

First game in our new Stadium,will be against league champion's Man City.

You hope lol , you don't have much joy with your teams you support and grounds ???

10 hours ago, Keith B said:

Please explain sir ?

Explain what part? The part where Richard Scudamore said a club can only play their home games at one ground, to then change it to 2 grounds for Spuds. Now they'll potentially be playing at 3 grounds. Rules changed for them

Or the part when they claim they don't get a fair rub of the green, when they get so many plaudits for winning sod all! 

4 hours ago, Keith B said:

Ah - perhaps it's because, as one of the big clubs in as far as revenue generators go, like Man U - Liverpool - Man C - Arsenal - Chelsea, they get this preferential treatment you allege then.  Not sure where you get the substance for your last paragraph but hey - like the others named, they pull in the crowds.

As the new White Hart Lane is unfinished - where would you have them play then ?

Torquay ?????

On 18/08/2018 at 08:12, Keith B said:

As the new White Hart Lane is unfinished - where would you have them play then ?

Playing at another ground isn't a problem, but the rules state you play at one ground for the season, so therefore Spuds shouldn't be allowed to play at another ground this season 

2 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

A source close to the construction has said that it might not be ready until December or January! The Independent newspaper also reporting this. Advertising for 30 additional electricians to work at the new stadium! Shambles! 

Worse than a pub team! A small London club trying to mix it with the big guns and cannot cope

On 28/08/2018 at 19:50, somersetspur said:

Of course they will,you know everything.

Oh dear, can't even beat an average Watford side, they even gave you a goal head start! If that result wasn't good enough, I'm working with the most arrogant and annoying Spuds fan tonight, putting an absolute bliss on my Sunday late shift.

Actually, he's probably the second most arrogant and annoying Spuds fan behind SSS ???

12 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

Oh dear, can't even beat an average Watford side, they even gave you a goal head start! If that result wasn't good enough, I'm working with the most arrogant and annoying Spuds fan tonight, putting an absolute bliss on my Sunday late shift.

Actually, he's probably the second most arrogant and annoying Spuds fan behind SSS ???

Hiccup!!!!!!

44 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

If Im annoying you.Im doing my job.

Enjoy your shift.

13 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Go and have a lie down.

We have a home ground.Its not ready yet.What are we getting away with ,you clown.

.... and Levy seems to have no idea when it will be ready!! The Premier League may now order Spuds to play at Wembley for the whole of this season to remove any uncertainty for travelling fans, policing, tv coverage etc, etc. What a shambles!

13 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Go and have a lie down.

We have a home ground.Its not ready yet.What are we getting away with ,you clown.

Premier League rules state you play at one ground for the season, and one ground only. So you've broken the rules, and getting away with it. What about the fact the Man City game has been moved, yet most City fans have already sorted out accommodation and travel for the original date. Surely Spuds should compensate? 

Anyway, Spuds will struggle for top 4 this season for sure, no signings isn't good as it doesn't keep the dressing room fresh and keep players on their toes

42 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Shambles NO. The ground isn't ready yet so, they have made a decision in the best interests of all.

Keith, I'm not calling the Premier League a shambles - they are doing the right thing. The managing of the project has been a shambles. It looks like it will overrun by 6 months or maybe more!

7 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

.... and Levy seems to have no idea when it will be ready!! The Premier League may now order Spuds to play at Wembley for the whole of this season to remove any uncertainty for travelling fans, policing, tv coverage etc, etc. What a shambles!

And the problem with that,is what.?

Done it ,last season.

Spurs fans have no real problems with the issue.

We know when we move,its going to be one of the best Club Stadium's in the world.

Worth the wait.

6 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Premier League rules state you play at one ground for the season, and one ground only. So you've broken the rules, and getting away with it. What about the fact the Man City game has been moved, yet most City fans have already sorted out accommodation and travel for the original date. Surely Spuds should compensate? 

Anyway, Spuds will struggle for top 4 this season for sure, no signings isn't good as it doesn't keep the dressing room fresh and keep players on their toes

We have only played at one ground ,so far this season.

So what rules have we broken.

So do Sky have to pay compensation for every game they move.?

As for the top 4,you clowns tell me that every year.

15 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

We have only played at one ground ,so far this season.

So what rules have we broken.

So do Sky have to pay compensation for every game they move.?

As for the top 4,you clowns tell me that every year.

Firstly, so far you've only played at one ground, but have made it clear you will play at more than one for this season, which breaks the rules. Secondly Sky give plenty of warning for their changes, and normally before clubs start selling tickets, which wasn't the case for the City game. Thirdly, there are at least 4 better teams in this league than Spuds, so yes, you won't finish in the top 4, I'm pretty certain of it

5 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Firstly, so far you've only played at one ground, but have made it clear you will play at more than one for this season, which breaks the rules. Secondly Sky give plenty of warning for their changes, and normally before clubs start selling tickets, which wasn't the case for the City game. Thirdly, there are at least 4 better teams in this league than Spuds, so yes, you won't finish in the top 4, I'm pretty certain of it

Solution is very easily solved.

If Spurs are not given permission to play in more than one Stadium.They will remain at Wembley.

Sky do not alway's give plenty of warning.I have been a victim of that.

I cant think of 4 more consistent teams than Spurs over the last 3 years.

So would you like to put your money where your mouth is.

Because Im pretty certain,4 teams wont finish above Spurs.

Caraboooooo  cup spuds playing at MK Dons  , can't use Wembley  lol ,  all you need now is an exploding clowns car  ,  and the clowns  , perhaps Ronald MacDonald can open the new  or  made over brown fart stain  , maybe book him for 2020 season might be ready by then .