Cornwall Football Forum

Calenick FC ........what is going on ???

Does anybody know what is going on at Calenick F.C. ???

They have told Shortlanesend that the club has been suspended by CCFA

Strange as it may seem ..

No letter has been received by the Sunday League from CCFA confirming this , as is the normal practise in these matters .

Are Calenick telling porkies ???? :o:o :o

I have just been informed that Calenick F.C. and ALL their registered players have been suspended from 3rd January for non payment of fines .........which all started at a game at Halsetown in November when one of our fellow forum members gave the referee a false name !!!

He has since refused to pay his fine and has abandoned the club :o:o:o:o .

I wonder if his Saturday club know that he is now suspended ???????

WELL DONE YOUNG MAN :angry2: :angry2:

Guest Gezza_BTFC

Hi Guys,

I'm part of the Calenick FC "setup" and what was meant to be a promising year has turned into a farce!

What happened vs. Halsetown was wrong and we admit that. That was the low point in our season. We thought the only way was up... the team has now been punished for individuals not paying fines to the CCFA for cautions and giving false names.

The fines escalated from £24 to £192 due to non-payment (an 800% increase)!! Everyone who is signed on to Calenick FC is liable to pay a portion of this debt. All players registered to us are suspended by the CCFA at all levels until they pay their portion of the debt. Letters are on the way to all involved from the CCFA with further information.

Anyone who's signed up and plays Saturday football please do not play until cleared by the CCFA.

If anyone wants more details, or has any ideas how we can get out of this mess please PM me. I'll be glad to know what everyone thinks...

Gezza :c:

It seems very harsh to suspend all of the teams players. I play sunday and saturday league and pay my subs and any fines i may (and rarely!) get, on the day of the game without fail. Id hate to be suspended from playing (and doing what i love and enjoy) and have to pay up even more cash because of the conduct and irresponsibility of my club and team-mates.

:angry2: :c:

Guest Gezza_BTFC

In hindsight we should've settled the fines. However, according to the CCFA guidelines, the individual is responsible for the fines. Had we realised that this was going to escalate into this issue the club would've happily paid the fines. However, as the 2 individuals are no longer part of the team we were relying on a friend to relay any messages (they only signed up as an emergency when we were critically short). Obviously these messages were lost in translation... we're trying to sort it so we can play again this season but it's looking very ominous :blink:

Guest Postie Pidge

If a player is sent off/booked, they are fined. If the fine is not paid in the time given, a £20 surcharge is added - therefore a booking would cost £28 instead of £8.

For a more serious matter, an added charge either once or twice would be even more.

Guest Gezza_BTFC

As per the fines:

2 yellow cards and giving false information to a referee is £24. As the initial fine was not paid it increased to £48. As the fine is still outstanding the CCFA have added a surcharge of £48 per fine not paid.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is outrageous? An 800% markup on the original fines... totally unjustified in my opinion. Money-grabbing ********.

Guest Postie Pidge

The club are held responsible for paying the fines and the only way to make sure the money is paid is to suspend all the players for that club. Not the first time it's happened and I'm sure it won't be the last

No, it isn't insane.

These small clubs are the players. The players are the club.

"Oh the club's in trouble. I know, I'll leave them up s***t creek without a paddle and move to another club."

That's what happens and some poor sod, who's done all the work in the first place is left to pick up the pieces.

I'm sorry. I don't usually agree with anything that CCFA does. I think that they should help clubs - particularly new clubs - sort out administration. I think the way that fines escalate is insane.

But I can't agree with any system that lets the ones that just take from the hard working administrators just walk out and leave them in a mess. All members of a club have to be responsible for it's problems. Not just the Secretary.

End of rant.

Rubbish, the fact of the matter is you cant punish people for the ignorance and stupidity of others. This is the United Kingdom not the Soviet Union. There must be members of the team in question that pay there subs week in, week out, who are being suspended from all football and forced to stump up more cash which is completely unfair.

I play for Portreath on saturdays and Oxford on sundays and pay my subs and fines without fail. Now (for arguments sake) if something went wrong at Oxford and the club owed the league money (due to whatever reason) what right does anybody have to stop me from playing for both clubs, therefor punishing me and Portreath even though i have done absolutly nothing wrong. That is whats going on at Calenick and is an absolute disgrace.

We live in a free country and to prevent an innocent person from doing what they want to do is surely wrong. Punish the fined players and the club if needs be, but not the faultless players.

:c:

Got to for once agree with one and a six on this one, it seems crazy to punish all the players

If for example I was a player signed on for this team but had not played for them at all this season due to lets say an injury, but was now fit again and gagging to play would I be banned from playing even though I had had nothing at all to do with the team all season up until now, by all means punish the team and the players involved but not every one else thats just bonkers

You have got to have rules that stop players from dropping their clubs in the shite, and yes the club should have dealt with it before it got to this stage but this punishment is going too far

If theres more to this story then stated in this topic why hasnt it been explained already. From what ive taken from whats been said so far is that certain players havent payed fines, jumped ship and all registered players have been unfairly suspended. If that is the case, the people behind the suspensions are wrong, simple as that. The comment made by Stevethedoor is another good example of why banning all registered is the wrong thing to do.

However if there is more to it than that, can it be explained properly by somebody so that we are properly informed. If this is the rules of the sunday league, id like to know, because if so, id intend to cancel my player registration with the sunday league immediately in fear that my club should develop financial problems and i get banned from playing on saturdays because of it.

:c::c: :c:

Old as it gets does have a good point.

The problem with this system of punishing everyone involved with the club is wrong. I can however understand that there is NO loyalty in football at any level these days. If players were not held responsible for this then they, indeed would just up sticks and move on to another club. Maybe a brief statement on the players registration form to say that everyone involved with the club are responsible in situations such as this. That way the players would know what they are getting in to. This does sound a bit strange but if the CCFA are to persist ith this ruliing then surely is better for the individuals to be made aware of it before it happens??? :drink::thumbsup::SM_carton_y: :smiley20:

I can assure you all this is not a Sunday League rule but an FA ruling which operates right through the Country .......if your club is suspended then so are ALL registered players .

Also you cannot just tell a league to cancel your registration .........you are registered until the 31st May of each season .........you can stop playing but you are still a liable party for any mess the club gets in !!!

STUPID THING RULES ??????????

Ok fair enough, if it is a CCFA rule, i guess the Sunday league can do little about it.

Even so it is a stupid rule that should be changed. Also, i completely disagree that everybody at a club is responsible if things go wrong. Im sure most of the Calenick players signed on just to play football, not take responsibility and get punished for other peoples and the clubs actions. Also it doesnt explain why there also banned from Saturday football. Maybe the topic should be brought to attention on the Main Board of this forum as it is apparent that the suspensions are not the fault of the sunday league.

Right, ive said my bit on this topic now. Now im about to go out and do a murder because im bored, but its okay because il just leave the country so someone else can go to jail for it. Ring a bell anyone.

P.S. Dont call the police, i was being sarcastic. :P

:c:

The members of a club appoint the officials. If they think that they're going to screw up, it's up to the members to do something about it.

That's how clubs work!

Look up "club" in the dictionary!

For example, if you don't like the way the Sunday League is run, it's dead simple, stand for Office and persuade the members that your way is better.

Otherwise accept and take some responsibility for what is done on your behalf.

I do not wish to have some of the people who have posted on here in my club. they obviously think that as long as they pay their subs, they have no responsibility for anything else.

There are those that take responsibility and those that just take.

Now you've wound me up.

I completely disagree. I couldnt care less what club means in the dictionary or if ive wound any of you up.

All i care about is people being punished for something they havent done. I dont believe there was any small print on the signing on forms saying you take the rap for someone elses actions.

I cant believe that more people havent got a problem with this. Ive got no accosiation with the club in question, i dont know any of the players suspendid, i dont even know which town or village the club is based in, but this has really riled me up. At the end of the day in a free (and great) country like our own, innocent people has been punished for something that they are not responsible for.

Now that REALLY winds me up :c:

Maybe a brief statement on the players registration form to say that everyone involved with the club are responsible in situations such as this.

Maybe another form saying that when you play for the team you have to kick the same way as the rest of your team.

You join a club, you take responsibility for what the club does. Collective responsibility. That's what joining a club means.

No wonder football lacks integrity from top to bottom. (Not you Paul, some of the idiots about.)

All we are trying to say is why do innocent players who JUST pay subs and want to play football have to take responsibility for the stupid actions of others, if a player gets sent off and fined it's not the responsibility of the other players to pay it or even make sure its paid on time, what are we meant to do string him up and beat it out of him, that sort of thing might be acceptable in some area's but not in a civilised society, the RESPONSIBILITY should be on the player involved and then club to try and make sure he pays, and if not pay it for him report him to the CCFA and kick him out of the club

I don't think anyone has a problem with the way the Sunday league is run, in fact it's probably one of the best run leagues around, this is obviously a CCFA rule that we all have to abide by, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that its a stupid rule that needs to be changed

So just to clarify what zebedee posted, if I decide not to play for my team on a sunday anymore and just play saturdays, and if the club that I USED to play for brakes the rules after i have left I am still liable for punishment that would stop me playing on a saturday, if so I think that more people need to know this as it would certainly make them think twice before registering for a team

There are some people who make sensible posts and those that just post!! :thumbsup:

And no i am not wound up, got more important things to worry about, just hate seeing people punished for things they havent done

But why should you take reponsibility for your team-mates asoldasitgets. What about the people who take saturday football seriously and play sunday league for simple enjoyment or to just get out of the house on a sunday. Why should they be punished.

I understand you feel very strongly about your club, as do many others but to me its just a team i play for on a sunday, whereas i have a strong commitment for my saturday team. Does that make me a bad person or a disgrace to the sunday league (which i still enjoy)? I think not. Not all teams are close-knit (most of my team-mates i only see on a sunday morning for example) and i certainley wouldn't want to be in trouble because of certain morons in my team. It just doesnt strike me as being at all fair.

P.S. I feel very strongly about this issue and i would like an honest debate. Im not just ranting for the sake of it, i do have my own life believe it or not! Asoldasitgets, i often look forward to reading your posts on the forum as they are humurous and witty, but i will be very disapointed if i you are referring to me as one of the 'IDIOTS' you mention, simply because we disagree on this subject. However if i am wrong i give you my apologys. :c:

P.S. I also apologyse for my awful spelling throughout this post. :unsure:

Guest Postie Pidge

Most clubs are well run with subs taken and with the clubs I've played for, when a player is booked or sent off he is responsible for paying the fines, if he doesn't pay he doesn't play.

Sadly some players won't take responsibility for their actions and as a result the club and its players are held accountable. Until a better option can be found this is the way it will have to be.

Think we can all accept that what you are telling us is correct and the rules have been followed correctly in this case, but I am sure that 95% OF players are not aware of this ruling which seems to me to be quite an important one and would affect their decision to sign on for more than one team, I know I will think twice before signing for anyone next season.

So hopefully something good will come out of this whole issue making more clubs and players aware of the rules and therefore making each club better run and less likely to fall fowl of the CCFA

Best wishes to all at Calenick in getting this matter sorted ASAP

oldasitgets i find your last posting a bit insulting really do you really think everyone at a club should be on the comittee mark out the pitch put the nets up and do the paperwork . i think everyone has different commitments some people have time to put in to a club others dont and each individual should have the right to choose how much commitment they can manage . some peoples commitment might be to train once a week and turn up on a saturday or sunday and play and in my opinion whats wrong with that after all not many of us get paid for it .

oldasitgets i find your last posting a bit insulting really do you really think everyone at a club should be on the comittee mark out the pitch put the nets up and do the paperwork .

Yes I do!

"What a wonderful world it would be."

That's not actually what I have said. I have said that the all members of a club (players) are responsible for the way that the club is run. I know that some people haven't got time or skills to contribute, but that doesn't relieve them of the responsibility.

This awful scenario where the club is in trouble and everyone melts away and leaves some poor sod deperately trying to sort it out, is every Secretary's nightmare.

I can understand all arguments on this forum page. (suprising myself now) I can actually understand why the FA (not CCFA, because its a football association rule) would implement this rule. However I think to make this rule pretty much unknown to players when they sign on for a team is wrong. I have got to be honest that I knew nothing of this ruling until these events with Calenick became apparent. I can understand why the FA would want to have all the clubs members (players, secretary, chairman, treasurer etc) responsible for any wrongdoings or mismanagement or whatever you wnat to call it. But not to make this known to all its 'members' in a clear enough manner is a mis-judgement on their behalf. I think a way forward would definately be for player registration forms to carry a short paragraph to explain that by signing for a club, beit saturdays or sundays then, you, the player are responsible for any financial problems that club may come in to.

I personally do not know anyone at Calenick FC and really do hope that they manage to sort this out. But surely if fines were paid when they were supposed to then maybe this forum page would not be as active as it is!

I also agree with zebedee, if anyone wants to find out the exact reason as to why this rule is in place then Barry Cudmore would be the man to speak to!

Cases like this very rarely occur because most clubs pay the fines within the 14 days allowed.They then speak to the player and he repays the club so they do not incur any extra penalties.

If this had been done in this case of Calenick,they would still be playing and we would not be discussing it.Easy,deal with the paperwork early.

Guest postman pat

i think the rule is there for the 5% that take the time/ have the time to hold office. each club that affiliated to their county fa has a constitution.part of that constitution must be to protect the club officials who stand on behalf of your clubs.without that protection you would not have any club officials. meaning you would not have a football club end of story whether you like it or not thems the rules :c: :smiley20: