Cornwall Football Forum

Welton Rovers

After suffering two defeats in the previous seven days Truro City proved there bouncebackability at Treyew Road on Saturday against a high flying Welton Rovers.

The visitors seemed determined from kick off to set out to frustrate City by keeping everyone behind the ball when possible and lacked a desire to push forward, City on the other hand seemed to be more focused and determined to grind out the right result for the large crowd.

The deadlock was broken after seventeen minutes when Walkers cross was only half cleared in the penalty area, the ball fell to Mark Vercesi who's low first time shot found the far corner of the net City's forwards always looked a threat with Yetton being denied by the keeper after 19 minutes and Stamp saw his effort from Matthews cross deflected away for a corner.

Welton's only real chance came on 30 minutes when Rowlands robbed Walker of the ball and ran onto goal but his shot lacked direction and the danger was averted. Truro worked hard and three minutes before half time should of doubled there lead but for the good work of keeper Westlake who somehow managed to palm Vercesi's shot onto the bar and it rebounded back to the keeper on the floor.

It was Westlake again who denied Dean Stamp on 55 minutes as the young striker unleashed a shot towards the far corner of the net only for the keeper to fling himself to his left and managed to turn the ball round past the post.

Truro will of been pleased with the performances especially of Vercessi in midfield and Tom Chambers brought into the side to cover for Jake Ash, Chambers proved a more then ample replacement and proved his worth in both penalty areas throughout the match.

At the end of the game the fans were pleased to see the team return to winning ways and look forward to City's push for promotion and three cup competition in 2008 with players returning from injury City will only get stronger and will once again be the team to beat until the completion of the season in May.

Still cant find match reports of the defeats against Corsham and Dawlish not on here or on the Truro web site. Are we to assume then that if you win we get a report but if you lose we don't. And I mean everyone not only on here but also who supports Truro City FC. What a shame and you are thinking of going full time. I'm afraid Truro City FC will need full time people off the pitch as well or perhaps the money man has taken his eyes have off the ball and gone oval. Lets hope for better luck in the New Year or we may be short of a few match reports. Shake it up somebody

There is a match report on the Dawlish game on the website if you look and attached below.

Truro City continued with their nightmare Christmas period and fell to their second league defeat in five days against a very good Dawlish side which never let Truro get a firm grip of the game and by the end of the match were a well beaten team.

The game was less then sixty seconds old when they loss Graeme Power through injury and within two minutes City were a goal down Dawlish attacked down the left and the cross found Stevens unmarked to head past Chapman in the City goal.

The lead didn't last long as Stamp burst into the box and was brought down the referee pointed straight to the spot and Yetton scored with ease, the game flowed from end to end but Dawlish regained the lead on twenty minutes when a defensive header meant for Chapman lacked the pace and Mudge nipped into lob Chapman. City then drew level again seven minutes later after Broad and Yetton combined well on the edge of the area Stamp shot seemed to take a deflection as it went into the net.

On thirty three minutes Martin was booked for a late challenge and after the restart he fell injured in the centre circle,Dawlish broke and Mudge rounded Chapman and scored from a tight angle to regain the lead and a minute before half time Lynce scored to make it 4-2 at half time.

The second half was dominated by Dawlish though there were fewer chances they did extend the lead on 63 minutes when Mudge completed his hat trick after a quickly taken throw in.

Truro did have two chances in the last five minutes with Tolley seeing his effort knocked off the line and Stamps lob almost outwitting the keeper, but it was Dawlish who gave City a lesson on the day and with second place Welton Rovers being their next opponents they need to regroup and hope the injuries ease if they are to get the promotion bandwagon back on track.

How silly of me to luck under matches and reports when it is anywhere but there. I appreciate Truro City is not a fully profesional club yet, but it would be nice to see reports under that section and not have to trawl through other parts of your web site or do different people do match reports.

Guest Man on the Post

Robin, your doing a great job and your match reports are much appreciated. Ignore the citicism and carry on the good work. As a well known quotation says, ‘To avoid criticism you must do nothing, say nothing and be nothing’. :D :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work Robin,99% of us are more than satisfied with your input on the Toolstation Western League section.It seems the other 1% cant seem to grasp that as well as being a football supporter,you have a job of work,a family,and a life of your own.If ECLP knew half the work that you do as a club supporter,he would be eating his words.In mine and most others opinion,you are the greatest ambassador that T.C.F.C.could wish to have.

KIT.

Sorry to offend but I'm just echoing what Treyew Veteran wrote on the TCFC web site which was :-

:wacko: Can anyone tell me what has happened to the fixtures page? I have been compiling a folder containing match reports from this page which shows the line-ups and scorers etc., but since we lost to Corsham, there has been no update. Also, there was no match report for the Odd Down game. :wacko:

I'm sorry if TCFC are above critisism. TCFC can do what ever they like so if they don't want to publish a report then that is entirely up to them. Just thought I'd ask the question as it is nice to read them. Nobody is knocking Robin the question asked was 'do different people do match reports?'.