Cornwall Football Forum

PORTHLEVEN v CARDIFF CITY

£6 for OAPs is this some sort of joke? Even the £8 is incredibly high for the standard of football you will see! It's a shame a club like porthlevan are all about the money money money, trying to recoup some of the fees paid to the female squad from last season no doubt ?

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

£6 for OAPs is this some sort of joke? Even the £8 is incredibly high for the standard of football you will see! It's a shame a club like porthlevan are all about the money money money, trying to recoup some of the fees paid to the female squad from last season no doubt ?

Your presence will be sadly missed. !

Talk is that Porthleven won’t have a combo team for this coming season?

After a conversation with someone strongly connected with the club who believes the 1st team have taken most of 2nd teams players!

This along with only 7 and 10 players turning up for training it’s not looking good.

Be interesting on the team line up tonight.

When I first heard the prices I really felt Port had shot themselves in the foot over this. However, I have since heard they have to pay for two nights accommodation and food at the Premier Inn in Helston for the Cardiff party so its sort of understandable they want to recoup some of their expenses but I agree that more through the gate would have been a better option.

28 minutes ago, footienut said:

When I first heard the prices I really felt Port had shot themselves in the foot over this. However, I have since heard they have to pay for two nights accommodation and food at the Premier Inn in Helston for the Cardiff party so its sort of understandable they want to recoup some of their expenses but I agree that more through the gate would have been a better option.

grass roots football clubs struggling for finance , having to scrimp and save , are  now paying for a multi million pound premiership football clubs to stay at hotels and eat !!!    this  has to be the worst thing i have heard in years  . surly its a joke ?

15 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

grass roots football clubs struggling for money now paying for a multi million pound premiership clubs to stay and eat has to be the worst thing i have heard in years  .

Most of the time the small clubs have to pay the expenses of the League side, that is why no-one can afford to do it anymore unless you play in green and have a sugar daddy who has recently arrived.

47 minutes ago, footienut said:

I thought they were staying at St Mellion for the week! Hardly warrants an overnight stay!

12 hours ago, shedhead said:

Talk is that Porthleven won’t have a combo team for this coming season?

After a conversation with someone strongly connected with the club who believes the 1st team have taken most of 2nd teams players!

This along with only 7 and 10 players turning up for training it’s not looking good.

Be interesting on the team line up tonight.

This is the first time I’ve have heard this information about there not being a second team down port this season and it sounds like nonsense.

only two players from the second team of last season played tonight and if anything that is to be seen as a good thing. There is an opportunity to be given a chance of moving up through the club teams. 

If you went to the game I hope you enjoyed it and saw this for yourself.

On 19/07/2018 at 23:15, No. 5 said:

This is the first time I’ve have heard this information about there not being a second team down port this season and it sounds like nonsense.

only two players from the second team of last season played tonight and if anything that is to be seen as a good thing. There is an opportunity to be given a chance of moving up through the club teams. 

If you went to the game I hope you enjoyed it and saw this for yourself.

Might be correct about lack of players, Porthleven have cancelled at short notice today's friendly against Bodmin Town. Sign of the times I'm afraid, a very long trip originally, players have obviously planned work, family life around this fixture to be let down very late. Disappointing, but a sign of the times in the lower leagues. 

56 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Might be correct about lack of players, Porthleven have cancelled at short notice today's friendly against Bodmin Town. Sign of the times I'm afraid, a very long trip originally, players have obviously planned work, family life around this fixture to be let down very late. Disappointing, but a sign of the times in the lower leagues. 

Not just in the lower leagues mind! 

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I heard they cancelled because there was a bit of rain forecast last night and thought they just as well cancel rather then wait till Saturday morning when Bodmin would say the pitch is water logged ?

54 minutes ago, silly billy said:

I heard they cancelled because there was a bit of rain forecast last night and thought they just as well cancel rather then wait till Saturday morning when Bodmin would say the pitch is water logged ?

Very good, you are your name 'Silly Billy' as the game was due to be played away at Porthleven, so any concerns of the pitch would of been out of Bodmin's hands ☺

Wonder what poor old Vidal thinks of it, wasn't so long ago they was pushing St.Blazey for league championship's & won a Senior Cup under John 'Scotch' Clarkson, now can't raise a team! Get it sorted Big Kevin !! ?

3 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Very good, you are your name 'Silly Billy' as the game was due to be played away at Porthleven, so any concerns of the pitch would of been out of Bodmin's hands ☺

Wonder what poor old Vidal thinks of it, wasn't so long ago they was pushing St.Blazey for league championship's & won a Senior Cup under John 'Scotch' Clarkson, now can't raise a team! Get it sorted Big Kevin !! ?

These things happen unfortunately Leeds. Players working & a couple of injuries. But it is only a pre season friendly after all. No point playing friendlies with half a side, defeats the object. Wouldn’t have done either side any favours. No panic at Porthleven players wise though. We will be ready for the 18th.  ?

44 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Maybe I should change my name to dumb ass  ?

On 21/07/2018 at 14:32, shedhead said:

Like I’ve said previously, Porthleven are struggling to attract players!

Both teams are in trouble and the season starts  VERY SOOOON

From the game i watched against Cardiff, only a handful of those Port players are at peninsula standard. I wouldnt like to be playing in a side full of combo players at best all year so we could see a few heads turn at Porthleven

6 hours ago, SCFC said:

From the game i watched against Cardiff, only a handful of those Port players are at peninsula standard. I wouldnt like to be playing in a side full of combo players at best all year so we could see a few heads turn at Porthleven

Maybe, being the expert that you obviously are, you can tell me what exactly is Peninsular standard, because I keep hearing on here that peninsula west /east is no better than combo anyway. Perhaps you think differently  ?

15 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Maybe, being the expert that you obviously are, you can tell me what exactly is Peninsular standard, because I keep hearing on here that peninsula west /east is no better than combo anyway. Perhaps you think differently  ?

haha, you are always good for a little bite Kev ?. I actually believe there is a strong difference between combo & peninsula. Quality of football, fitness and better shape/game management. Same goes with Prem vs West, players are fitter and technically better, the game moves a lot faster also